Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276325 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:31:48 AM

VBCOIN - A coin for Virginia Beach
Do you mean we can buy VBCOIN via counterparty now? Or do we have to wait till 4/1.

Who will develop the VBCOIN wallet?

"- Counterparty issued asset"

If it is counterparty issued asset without a real company, it is useless!!!

I think you guys are sincerely missing the point here. A clone coin is useless and yet it is not. Anything issued with counterparty can be used as a store of value, you guys sound like old-world money holders arguing against Bitcoin lol. You think I'm aiming to get rich ? that's real cute, pay attention to the 50% for the city part. I want to user Counterparty to create a store of value that can raise funds for a city, potentially even become of some currency adoption in the area. All the BS issued assets, at least I'm trying to do something with mine. I think you guys are being unfair, but thats cool.

The second question: who will develop VBCOIN wallet/client? How can you guarantee VBCOIN will be useful in Counterparty? Are you holding a company?

any wallet that is made to support counterparty protocol will be useful for any asset issued. How can you guarantee any asset is useful ? How can you guarantee Bitcoin has value ? Is it backed by gold ? I don't feel like I should have to explain these things, its quite obvious that the value of any asset is necessarily backed by the usefulness of the protocol. It is then the marketing and adoption rate of the user based which adds value to the specific asset. I honestly do not see any difference between issuing a coin in Counterparty and cloning litecoin and calling it cutecoin and holding an IPO. In any case, I'm going to give it a go and see what happens.

In this case, I suggest you buy some SFMSTOCK via counterpartyd, LOL. I doubt it anyway. http://blockscan.com/assetInfo.aspx?q=SFMSTOCK
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:35:45 AM

Can someone tell me the function of XBTC? It is used to eliminate BTCPAY?

When someone exchanges XCP for XBTC then his wallet is filled with BTC?

Yes, it simplifies trading on the DEX and allows you to avoid the need to btcpay and avoids troll orders.

There is however an additional step to then cash back out to BTC if you didn't want to continue to hold XBTC. You send your XBTC to:

13sGFVPgcrj9mMRokyXztdAJtg6kReofdV

And you will 'automatically' get BTC. The service isn't fully automated yet and maxmint is performing the exchange at a fee of 1%. When the automatic service is live the fee will be 0.1%

For example:

Code:
counterpartyd send --source SOURCEADDRESS --destination 13sGFVPgcrj9mMRokyXztdAJtg6kReofdV --quantity 0.1 --asset XBTC

This is a centralized way to trade, right?
halfcab123

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:40:08 AM

Do you mean we can buy VBCOIN via counterparty now? Or do we have to wait till 4/1.

I think you guys are sincerely missing the point here. A clone coin is useless and yet it is not. Anything issued with counterparty can be used as a store of value, you guys sound like old-world money holders arguing against Bitcoin lol. You think I'm aiming to get rich ? that's real cute, pay attention to the 50% for the city part. I want to user Counterparty to create a store of value that can raise funds for a city, potentially even become of some currency adoption in the area. All the BS issued assets, at least I'm trying to do something with mine. I think you guys are being unfair, but thats cool.

The second question: who will develop VBCOIN wallet/client? How can you guarantee VBCOIN will be useful in Counterparty? Are you holding a company?

any wallet that is made to support counterparty protocol will be useful for any asset issued. How can you guarantee any asset is useful ? How can you guarantee Bitcoin has value ? Is it backed by gold ? I don't feel like I should have to explain these things, its quite obvious that the value of any asset is necessarily backed by the usefulness of the protocol. It is then the marketing and adoption rate of the user based which adds value to the specific asset. I honestly do not see any difference between issuing a coin in Counterparty and cloning litecoin and calling it cutecoin and holding an IPO. In any case, I'm going to give it a go and see what happens.

In this case, I suggest you buy some SFMSTOCK via counterpartyd, LOL. I doubt it anyway. http://blockscan.com/assetInfo.aspx?q=SFMSTOCK

Not sure I follow

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
cityglut

Activity: 216

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:00:02 AM

Can someone tell me the function of XBTC? It is used to eliminate BTCPAY?

When someone exchanges XCP for XBTC then his wallet is filled with BTC?

Yes, it simplifies trading on the DEX and allows you to avoid the need to btcpay and avoids troll orders.

There is however an additional step to then cash back out to BTC if you didn't want to continue to hold XBTC. You send your XBTC to:

And you will 'automatically' get BTC. The service isn't fully automated yet and maxmint is performing the exchange at a fee of 1%. When the automatic service is live the fee will be 0.1%

For example:

Code:
counterpartyd send --source SOURCEADDRESS --destination 13sGFVPgcrj9mMRokyXztdAJtg6kReofdV --quantity 0.1 --asset XBTC

Obtaining XBTC is centralized (even when it is automated, it will still be centralized). But XBTC greatly increases the ease of and simplifies trading on the DEX.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:09:58 AM

I don't think we are missing the point.

In the spirit of what Aurora Coin is doing for Iceland, I'm creating VBCOIN, to do the same on a smaller scale for my city. I hope to use this experience as a blueprint to do this for several cities in the US and hopefully around the world. This coin has been issued with Counterparty protocol as a 100% proof-of-stake issuance.

You are trying to profit off the perceived success of aurora coin.
You are holding 5,000,000 of your "coin" and are trying to sell them for 1,000 = 1 BTC.
So you think you are holding 5,000 BTC worth of some piece of crap asset that has no value outside of counterparty?
No offense to your city intended.
But even if you were to pledge 50% of that to your city, do you really feel you deserve 2,500 BTC?
Honestly?
Again, aurora coin was a success because it implied it would be free and fair. By giving these coins to the people, they would spread adoption. By selling them you are only giving them to investors, not spreading adoption and fattening your own wallet.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:13:09 AM

In the spirit of what Aurora Coin is doing for Iceland, I'm creating VBCOIN, to do the same on a smaller scale for my city. I hope to use this experience as a blueprint to do this for several cities in the US and hopefully around the world. This coin has been issued with Counterparty protocol as a 100% proof-of-stake issuance.

You are holding 5,000,000 of your "coin" and are trying to sell them for 1,000 = 1 BTC.
So you think you are holding 5,000 BTC worth of some piece of crap asset that has no value outside of counterparty?
But even if you were to pledge 50% of that to your city, do you really feel you deserve 2,500 BTC?
Honestly?
Again, aurora coin was a success because it implied it would be free and fair. By giving these coins to the people, they would spread adoption. By selling them you are only giving them to investors, not spreading adoption and fattening your own wallet.

how is giving 50% of a nations money supply to foreigners (whether investors or miners, etc) fair?  I think it should be a lot lower.

led_lcd

Activity: 262

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:24:31 AM

I'm very excited about this initiative and intend to keep it 100% transparent and fair.

Hi Christopher,

Let's just ignore the negative sentiment for a moment.

Would you be able to explain to us why we should invest in the IPO. Tell us more about Virginia Beach and why you think this coin is good for it. What public works are on your priority list? In what ways do you see VBCOIN being used?
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:57:46 AM

For example:

Code:

Obtaining XBTC is centralized (even when it is automated, it will still be centralized). But XBTC greatly increases the ease of and simplifies trading on the DEX.

Ok, I've got a question about BTC/XBTC/XCP

Why don't you put a permanent sell order of 1000 XBTC for BTC (to begin with) at 1/1 rate. This could decentralized the BTC -> XBTC process. Of course to get your BTC back, you can put a but order at 1/0.99 rate, and maxmint (or another from the XBTC team) agrees to provide liquidity and process (btcpay) them all, and he gets his % that way ?

Maybe this is a trollable system ?
led_lcd

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:10:01 PM

For example:

Code:

Why don't you put a permanent sell order of 1000 XBTC for BTC (to begin with) at 1/1 rate. This could decentralized the BTC -> XBTC process. Of course to get your BTC back, you can put a but order at 1/0.99 rate, and maxmint (or another from the XBTC team) agrees to provide liquidity and process (btcpay) them all, and he gets his % that way ?

It's still centralised since the person there is only a small number of people holding BTC and you do need to trust them to not run away with your money.

That said, the way that the service will be run will be in complete transparency and the ways in which the service can be hacked is greatly reduced due to the way it is run.
cityglut

Activity: 216

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:19:52 PM

For example:

Code:

While maxmint could theoretically make his fee_required high enough to avoid troll orders, whatever fees users had to provide would be added to his service fee (.01010101 BTC), which would most likely discourage some users from buying XBTC.
led_lcd

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:21:43 PM

Did anyone else get this error on block 289348?

Code:
Block: 289348
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action
QVariantMap DBusMenuExporterDBus::getProperties(int, const QStringList&) const: Condition failed: action
Block: 289349
lonsharim

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:58:47 PM

I know you have got a bit of a negetive/discouraging feedback here and I am not trying to add on to that but I couldn't ignore the glaring gap in what you are saying.

The value of a bitcoin or any other alt-coin is determined by the market. Bitcoin was not even worth a penny when it started out. It's growth and price are determined by the market. VBCOIN however is not market determined. It is pegged to 0.001 without anyway to validate its worth and being backed by nothing in the real world.

Other IPOs also predetermine a price and many of them have turned out to be scams. Others like XCP have had to prove a PoB in order for the creators to show bona fide intentions and a source code repository to show progress without which there would be no real value or need for it.

If VBCOIN were to be fully subscribed by the community you would have 2500 BTC with you (presuming that 50% would not be available for purchase since its going to be given away) How do you resolve the issue of trusting you with 2500 BTC ($1,625,000 @ 650) of which you have broadly set up a marketing budget of 500, what happens to the other 2000? Do you not see why it is reasonable for someone to point out that you are getting rich with it even if you are giving away 50% to the public.

I believe for your coin to have any success it must have some trust factor. You cannot raise that much money on purely good intentions. Perhaps you need to involve more prominent members from your local community, transfer 50% of your issue to someone who is independent of yourself. Give more details on who receives the 2000 BTC raised in the IPO and if it is you when why do you deserve to be given 1.3 million dollars.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:44:54 PM

To wash the bad taste out of all of our mouths left by halfcab heres an update to JahPowerBits GUI.
Keep in mind this is a mockup and certain elements/fonts will or have been changed. There are certain elements like the bottom footer bar that have yet to be completed.

This is one of two additional themes (so far) that will be included in the final version and is included as thanks for donation from one of our users. Once he okays the design I will be finishing it and including it in the GUI.
It is titled: Flyway

Remember if you want your own theme included you can donate to JahPowerBits development fund and request any theme style you can think of. You can send me descriptions, links, pictures, etc to get your idea across.
Thanks everyone!
GLaDOS

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:50:52 PM

That theme looks amazing! 

Also remember, you can get free XCP dividends by requesting some CAKE on the official Counterparty forum.

RoxxR

Activity: 208
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:34:49 PM

To wash the bad taste out of all of our mouths left by halfcab heres an update to JahPowerBits GUI.
Keep in mind this is a mockup and certain elements/fonts will or have been changed. There are certain elements like the bottom footer bar that have yet to be completed.

This is one of two additional themes (so far) that will be included in the final version and is included as thanks for donation from one of our users. Once he okays the design I will be finishing it and including it in the GUI.

Remember if you want your own theme included you can donate to JahPowerBits development fund and request any theme style you can think of. You can send me descriptions, links, pictures, etc to get your idea across.
Thanks everyone!

Very nice, and I plan to donate too, but just one question: will all those themes make the final app installer huge? Or are they pretty light?
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:58:00 PM

Thanks everyone!

Very nice, and I plan to donate too, but just one question: will all those themes make the final app installer huge? Or are they pretty light?

I'm not a big fan of the theme. The background is really ... meh. And you strange logos should be an a sperate page, it looks like a crackers group release instead of a serious "coin"

Look at what they did for the Masterchest Wallet. I don't say you should copy it but it's way simplier with clean fonts (no fancy scifi fonts like you used. Try to stick to fonts like the popular helvetica neue or some open source fonts.)

I'm "sort of" graphic designer. If you cant I can make quick drafts for a layout that could be cleaner, would it be useful for you ? I could design a custom minimalist skin. I have no idea however of the type of docs you need (png images ? how to divide?) PM me if thik I can help.

Thanks for the work anyway !
halfcab123

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:59:49 PM

Honestly?

And still missing the point -__- You are a member of Bitcointalk I assume yes? As evidenced by your ability to post ? Ok.. so go checkout the alternative cryptocurrencies [ANN] threads and you will see tons and tons of ****coins, raising money in IPOs. My purpose is to gain funds for my city, I do not intend to get rich. I may adjust the percentages in time, but Good Lord you guys gotta stop attacking on this thread. I don't expect anyone involved with Counterparty to buy-in the IPO, I only meant it as an example of what I'm doing. I just through this together overnight, whatever.

p.s. bold type doesn't help your argument. And any bad taste in your mouth would be from your own doing quite honestly.

I'm very excited about this initiative and intend to keep it 100% transparent and fair.

Hi Christopher,

Would you be able to explain to us why we should invest in the IPO. Tell us more about Virginia Beach and why you think this coin is good for it. What public works are on your priority list? In what ways do you see VBCOIN being used?

I had intended to provide this information you request after doing some more research into where fund allocation is needed most. My city is not an impoverished city, but I think what Auroracoin did for Iceland, or at least the concept behind it, is something that not only can benefit the people of the world on a small scale, coin by coin, but something that can lift us out of fiat if done right. My vision is much larger than just my city, this is an experiment.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
flayway

Activity: 219
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:06:52 PM

Thanks everyone!

I'm not a big fan of the theme. The background is really ... meh. And you strange logos should be an a sperate page, it looks like a crackers group release instead of a serious "coin"

Look at what they did for the Masterchest Wallet. I don't say you should copy it but it's way simplier with clean fonts (no fancy scifi fonts like you used. Try to stick to fonts like the popular helvetica neue or some open source fonts.)

I'm "sort of" graphic designer. If you cant I can make quick drafts for a layout that could be cleaner, would it be useful for you ? I could design a custom minimalist skin. I have no idea however of the type of docs you need (png images ? how to divide?) PM me if thik I can help.

Its only my requested custom theme and i like it. But i hope standard theme will be simply and clear so it make wallet look professional. Then in options can change this custom themes what users have request.

XCP:     19zzpgk3oakH2b7zd63mw3DadtNkvefVfo    BTC:     1ASSkiRsqRUUp5Y8YQYnuc41fBbYR3iRD2
halfcab123

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:34:34 PM

Thanks everyone!

Its only my requested custom theme and i like it. But i hope standard theme will be simply and clear so it make wallet look professional. Then in options can change this custom themes what users have request.

I agree we should go for a cleaner more professional look, as we are trying to attract professionals, i.e, business owners, so it needs to look less like a video game menu, or something of the like. I think that Xnova's choice of theme for the web wallet is more akin to what we are looking for. That being said, I think JahPowerbit's project is awesome, this is just my thoughts.

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:42:15 PM

Honestly?

And still missing the point -__- You are a member of Bitcointalk I assume yes? As evidenced by your ability to post ? Ok.. so go checkout the alternative cryptocurrencies [ANN] threads and you will see tons and tons of ****coins, raising money in IPOs. My purpose is to gain funds for my city, I do not intend to get rich. I may adjust the percentages in time, but Good Lord you guys gotta stop attacking on this thread. I don't expect anyone involved with Counterparty to buy-in the IPO, I only meant it as an example of what I'm doing. I just through this together overnight, whatever.

p.s. bold type doesn't help your argument. And any bad taste in your mouth would be from your own doing quite honestly.

Hi Christopher,

I had intended to provide this information you request after doing some more research into where fund allocation is needed most. My city is not an impoverished city, but I think what Auroracoin did for Iceland, or at least the concept behind it, is something that not only can benefit the people of the world on a small scale, coin by coin, but something that can lift us out of fiat if done right. My vision is much larger than just my city, this is an experiment.

In principle what you intend and what Aurorcoin hopes for, namely the large scale adoption by a locally defined audience, could work but it practice a couple of hurdles are in the way that need to be confronted first:
- How do you assure distribution to your local population? Do you have a comprehensive register of all citizens? Are minors also included?
- Why do you think your audience would pick up adoption of your coin? Are they really savvy enough and understand the merits? What are the merits for them?
- How big is your city? Do enough potential early adopters exist to reach a critical mass?
- How do you plan to advertise and incentivise the use of you coin?
- Is Counterparty even ready for practical use in stores and shopfronts?

Just some thoughts.
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: