Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:57:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 660 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276353 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:00:40 PM

cross post: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,346.msg2378.html#msg2378

Jah Power Bit has put up an Enhanced Feed Info Schema for Counterparty Binary Bets.

It can be found here: https://www.jahpowerbit.org/feeds/feed.schema.json
based on: http://json-schema.org/
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:27:44 PM

cross post: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,346.msg2378.html#msg2378

Jah Power Bit has put up an Enhanced Feed Info Schema for Counterparty Binary Bets.

I am really looking forward for an easy to use betting implementation. even though I do not assume mass market adoption, I think this is brutally interesting for professional betters due to the possibilities of low-risk arbitrage betting.

these people also tend to be looking for edges Wink
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:23:57 AM

I am really looking forward for an easy to use betting implementation. even though I do not assume mass market adoption, I think this is brutally interesting for professional betters due to the possibilities of low-risk arbitrage betting.

these people also tend to be looking for edges Wink

Anonymity - and not for the sake of breaking the law, but just on the usability level. For example with Bitcoin it's very simple to donate to an open-source project for $5 or $10, where a person often wouldn't want to, if it involved given out their credit card info. It's making financial and escrow requiring functionality much more user accessible.

I don't know much when it comes to professional gambling.
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:47:31 AM

Hey guys, is there a way to set up two factors of authentification to access Counterwallet?

Robby has this slated for future integration into Counterwallet. Not sure of the timeline.
Ok good to know it's planned.

For now I prefer to keep my XCP in my 2FA blockchain wallet because of this feature lacking.

I agree it would be a great feature to support. This will most likely require multisig inputs to properly implement, so that funds are held in 2-of-3 P2SH addresses, where the client has 2 keys -- one being a backup key only sent when the account is initially made -- and the server has 1. That is, unless someone has another way to properly do it (in a non client-side-only "fake" way that could just be bypassed through regenerating the BIP32 wallet elsewhere)..

We have a plan to add multisig inputs to Counterparty at some point in the future (Adam would be able to comment on the exact timeframe here.)

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
xnova

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:49:33 AM

Counterparty has a Skype developers chat

Any developers that are interested can add me to their Skype contact list ("xnovaxcp") and I'll get you invited into the channel.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:57:17 AM

Hey guys, is there a way to set up two factors of authentification to access Counterwallet?

Robby has this slated for future integration into Counterwallet. Not sure of the timeline.

For now I prefer to keep my XCP in my 2FA blockchain wallet because of this feature lacking.

I agree it would be a great feature to support. This will most likely require multisig inputs to properly implement, so that funds are held in 2-of-3 P2SH addresses, where the client has 2 keys -- one being a backup key only sent when the account is initially made -- and the server has 1. That is, unless someone has another way to properly do it (in a non client-side-only "fake" way that could just be bypassed through regenerating the BIP32 wallet elsewhere)..

We have a plan to add multisig inputs to Counterparty at some point in the future (Adam would be able to comment on the exact timeframe here.)

How will you add Multisig if you are need to use Multisig to encode the payload?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
xnova

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:42:31 PM

How will you add Multisig if you are need to use Multisig to encode the payload?

I was talking about adding support for multisig inputs (which right now is not supported). The data is encoded via multisig outputs.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:00:53 PM

I was talking about adding support for multisig inputs (which right now is not supported). The data is encoded via multisig outputs.

Could you explain via an example?

I gather you need to have at least as 2 out of 3 to be able to do this.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
xnova

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:13:24 PM
Merited by nutildah (4)

You create a M-of-N (e.g. 2 of 3) multisig transaction that is actually a counterparty transaction to, say, transfer an asset from one address to another. The multisig inputs specify the 2-of-3 requirements, and the multisig outputs specify (i.e. embed) the counterparty issuance data. The inputs would just have the minimum multisig BTC amounts, with a normal fee going to the miners (i.e. overage between the inputs and outputs). As soon as the required parties sign the inputs, they are then 'spent' (thus, making the transaction active, and counterpartyd "seeing" it and adding it into its ledger)...before that event, the transaction is not yet recorded as an accomplished action on the counterparty ledger itself, but is in more of a pending state.

(Adam can correct me if I'm off on any of this, as it's more his area.)

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:19:26 PM

You create a M-of-N (e.g. 2 of 3) multisig transaction that is actually a counterparty transaction to, say, transfer an asset from one address to another. The multisig inputs specify the 2-of-3 requirements, and the multisig outputs specify (i.e. embed) the counterparty issuance data. The inputs would just have the minimum multisig BTC amounts, with a normal fee going to the miners (i.e. overage between the inputs and outputs). As soon as the required parties sign the inputs, they are then 'spent' (thus, making the transaction active, and counterpartyd "seeing" it and adding it into its ledger)...before that event, the transaction is not yet recorded as an accomplished action on the counterparty ledger itself, but is in more of a pending state.

If you do it as you describe, then the output will require 2 signatures and the counterparty payload.   So would that not mean again a change in the protocol?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 09:41:44 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 10:39:23 PM by dexX7

Are you talking about encoding data within P2SH transactions? Sidenote: public keys in scripts must be valid public keys (ECDSA point, public key prefix), in standard multisig outputs this is not the case.

Or are you referring to include a script hash as participant in a "standard" multisig output? This would really, really be nice, but I think this is not possible and if you remove the sender as multisig recipient, the output is no longer redeemable. :/

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:15:43 PM

Are you talking about encoding data within P2SH transactions? Sidenote: public keys in scripts must be valid public keys (ECDSA point, public key prefix), in standard multisig outputs this is not the case.

Or are you referring to include a script hash as participant in a "standard" multisig output? This would really, really be nice, but I think this is not possible and if you remove the sender as multisig recipient, the output is no longer redeemable. :/

No, we are talking about having a true multi-sig capability at the same time accommodating the use of multi-sig to encode the payload.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 12:11:48 AM

Can you post an example with inputs and outputs? I get the idea of using multisig outputs as inputs, I assume similar to this transaction for example, right?

User A sends some BTC dust to a "2 of [redeemerA, redeemerB, XCP data] multisig" output which is not a XCP transaction in that sense, but once this 2-of-3 output is spent to anywhere, the data becomes active?

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 12:50:35 AM

Can you post an example with inputs and outputs? I get the idea of using multisig outputs as inputs, I assume similar to this transaction for example, right?

User A sends some BTC dust to a "2 of [redeemerA, redeemerB, XCP data] multisig" output which is not a XCP transaction in that sense, but once this 2-of-3 output is spent to anywhere, the data becomes active?

Yes, that looks right.... but what I'm saying is that [redeemerA, XCP data] looks different from [redeemerA, redeemerB, XCP data].  So the Counterparty Code should take into consideration this difference. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:26:46 AM

If you do it as you describe, then the output will require 2 signatures and the counterparty payload.   So would that not mean again a change in the protocol?

I think that the best way to add multisig support to the protocol would be by allowing the *destination* output to be multisig (probably just P2SH, for simplicity and security), and leaving the *data* outputs unchanged.
cityglut

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:43:52 AM

Announcement: Niki Wiles will be working as community relations manager for Counterparty. For more information, see our blog.
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:23:10 AM

Announcement: Niki Wiles will be working as community relations manager for Counterparty. For more information, see our blog.

Yay!
I'm looking forward to my invitation to the Counter(block)party!

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
CryptoFinanceUK

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:35:12 AM

Yay!

Thanks sparta_cuss Smiley I'm really excited about the new role. At the moment I'm working on some collateral for the launch of the Counterparty swarm, and I'll be making an announcement here, very shortly.
CryptoFinanceUK

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:02:51 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 07:23:31 AM by CryptoFinanceUK

14 people have RSVP'd to attend the first London Counterparty meetup group.

If you're based near London - it'd be great to see you there!

http://www.meetup.com/London-Counterparty-Meetup

When: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 7:00 PM

Where: Penderel's Oak
283-288 High Holborn
London.

It's a fairly quiet venue and is handy for town and the City.

https://i.imgur.com/k3IpY1V.jpg

... I've reserved a couple of tables (on the right as you're walking in) but it's a huge pub and we can move to a larger area if numbers grow.

https://i.imgur.com/UXdn07H.jpg

... here's the streetmap view.

Hope to see you there!
nakaone

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:25:20 AM

Yay!

he has shown great effort over the last months - very very good decision Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 660 »
  Print  

Jump to: