Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:50:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276347 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:05:34 AM

Just btw... xbet already exists.

I really liked the name countersports more. It had a significant SEO advantage and ranks higher on google. Xbet fades in with other unaffiliated websites, which may eventually try a lawsuit if they're desperate enough.

Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

I really liked the name countersports more. It had a significant SEO advantage and ranks higher on google. Xbet fades in with other unaffiliated websites, which may eventually try a lawsuit if they're desperate enough.

I have to assume xbet.io is being used so they can also offer CFD functionality and not be tied to sports or any particular bet type.

zjtwohaha

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:31:14 PM

I have to assume xbet.io is being used so they can also offer CFD functionality and not be tied to sports or any particular bet type.
Do you think xbet will be popular during the worlds cup?
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:57:41 PM

Cross-post to draw attention to the article in Bitcoin Magazine about Swarm.

https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,351.msg2554/topicseen.html#msg2554

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 08:04:54 PM

Do you think xbet will be popular during the worlds cup?

I hope so!

XCP on hacker news: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7858177

ElitistCA

Activity: 477

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:29:38 PM

So what is going on with counterparty, any good news, something investors can look for?

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 08:38:29 PM

So what is going on with counterparty, any good news, something investors can look for?

Appearance by Niki: http://cryptotu.be/mastercoin-couterparty-at-coinscrum-london/

First major exposure will be at Inside Bitcoins Hong Kong in less than a month. That will be followed with Inside bitcoins Melbourne and CoinSummit London in early July. There will be hundreds of people in the audience at both Inside Bitcoins events. CoinSummit had over 5,000 people streaming the panels at the last event.

In addition to exposure for Counterparty, you'll see more businesses coming online and people starting to actually use them.

Besides that, I'm sure everyone reading this is telling their friends and making sure they know what Counterparty is. Right?

snapter

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:56:53 PM

I like both countersports and xbet equally as much.
deliciousowl

Activity: 432

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 01:21:39 PM

Thanks to everyone who bought NICEPLUM assets, you rock!

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:25:53 PM

Thanks to everyone who bought NICEPLUM assets, you rock!

do you have any threads/twitter/etc to update share holders ?
freedomfighter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:41:46 PM

Appearance by Niki: http://cryptotu.be/mastercoin-couterparty-at-coinscrum-london/

First major exposure will be at Inside Bitcoins Hong Kong in less than a month. That will be followed with Inside bitcoins Melbourne and CoinSummit London in early July. There will be hundreds of people in the audience at both Inside Bitcoins events. CoinSummit had over 5,000 people streaming the panels at the last event.

In addition to exposure for Counterparty, you'll see more businesses coming online and people starting to actually use them.

Besides that, I'm sure everyone reading this is telling their friends and making sure they know what Counterparty is. Right?

It is still hard to recognize what any of these will do to the value of XCP the token and the CP marketcap as a whole. if all swarm shares and dividends as well as all other assets are in BTC, it will contribute to BTC and NOT XCP.

the only operation/asset so far that has such potential is countersports.

This is why XCP is still around 0.0037-0.0045btc. the only item that caused price excitement for 48 hours was that launch.

Like I said here a few months ago. we should have either charged more for assets in XCP or force shares/payments in XCP to make this an integral part of the technology not a side thought. this is what etherium will do with ETH---- it will have to be part of every transaction which i think is wise.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:45:41 PM

Like I said here a few months ago. we should have either charged more for assets in XCP or force shares/payments in XCP to make this an integral part of the technology not a side thought. this is what etherium will do with ETH---- it will have to be part of every transaction which i think is wise.

This is an interesting point and I'm not sure where I stand on it.  On one hand, we want our investment to increase in value so we want the purchase of XCP to become a necessity.  On the other hand, we want our investment to increase in value so we want to make Counterparty as useful and unrestricted as possible.  Perhaps this will become the main difference between Counterparty and Ethereum.
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:19:09 PM

It is still hard to recognize what any of these will do to the value of XCP the token and the CP marketcap as a whole. if all swarm shares and dividends as well as all other assets are in BTC, it will contribute to BTC and NOT XCP.

This is why XCP is still around 0.0037-0.0045btc. the only item that caused price excitement for 48 hours was that launch.

I disagree somewhat, the true value lies within the protocol. XCP act as 'shares' in the cpunterparty protocol, in the same way that BTC acts as shares in Bitcoin protocol since the blockchain has established a network effect, despite the fact you could clone it. The more usage of Counterparty we see, the more valuable the limited, non inflationary shares can be, even if the majority usage is BTC denominated transport mechanism.

Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 07:28:24 PM

Exposure is good and that can't be argued. As you say, what the effect will be is hard to determine.

Yes, all crowdfunding and distributions can be done in BTC. While this makes XCP unnecessary, it makes the protocol more useful. I think the longer term view of making something as useful as possible and not intentionally limiting functionality in order to pump the price of XCP is a good decision.

I also disagree that the creation of assets should cost more or that payments should have to be made in XCP. Betting and contracts for difference is a huge market - in the trillions of dollars.

I think you're frustrated that the price is stagnating and the easiest way to get short term price movement is by limiting the utility of bitcoins and increasing fees. I disagree with that logic and think betting will more than carry the price of XCP. The simple truth is that businesses need time to build around the UI of Counterwallet which only recently had betting functionality added. Additionally, while Swarm is not directly using XCP, Joel's project will generate a ton of exposure for Counterparty and also prove the system. Swarm is a huge win for us and Joel is using Counterparty because of the functionality and low cost.

freedomfighter

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:53:27 PM

Exposure is good and that can't be argued. As you say, what the effect will be is hard to determine.

Yes, all crowdfunding and distributions can be done in BTC. While this makes XCP unnecessary, it makes the protocol more useful. I think the longer term view of making something as useful as possible and not intentionally limiting functionality in order to pump the price of XCP is a good decision.

I also disagree that the creation of assets should cost more or that payments should have to be made in XCP. Betting and contracts for difference is a huge market - in the trillions of dollars.

I think you're frustrated that the price is stagnating and the easiest way to get short term price movement is by limiting the utility of bitcoins and increasing fees. I disagree with that logic and think betting will more than carry the price of XCP. The simple truth is that businesses need time to build around the UI of Counterwallet which only recently had betting functionality added. Additionally, while Swarm is not directly using XCP, Joel's project will generate a ton of exposure for Counterparty and also prove the system. Swarm is a huge win for us and Joel is using Counterparty because of the functionality and low cost.

I totally accept the notion that Swarm is a huge win. I agree that exposure is great and with most of what you wrote on that regard.

What I disagree with is that functionality per se for the platform, will create value for XCP the token. If this was a public company with shares, or a common startup, than XCP value per se would matter less. But it isn't! and the only way for XCP to increase in value overtime is when demand for it increases. There is just no other vehicle.

I agree that betting and derivatives have a great potential for doing just that, but I think that parellel to this, it makes no sense for an asset to cost $4 to create in XCP. Entrepreneurs would have paid $100 or $500 and if not than they are not serious enough. In fact it would have gotten more quality assets, less potential dishonest assets etc.

The notion that usability per se creates value is only true for proof of concept. ie, that a major gambling player will see that this is a safe platform on which they can build a mega site. This in turn can certainly create value for XCP --- providing that it won't suddenly become a BTC transparent platform.

I am patient and truly like this project and am impressed by the coming out of the founders a couple of months ago. Didnt even convert my original burnt XCPs.

But-still- wanted to bring this issue up again, as I think that it is a bit of a side issue for most, or they think that the more assets on CP the more value XCP will have which I dont think is true.
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:14:41 PM

I agree with most of what you said and think it was fairly well said. However, that usability only creates value in proof of concept is absolutely wrong in my opinion, but it's not important to discuss that.

mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 08:46:19 PM

I totally accept the notion that Swarm is a huge win. I agree that exposure is great and with most of what you wrote on that regard.

What I disagree with is that functionality per se for the platform, will create value for XCP the token. If this was a public company with shares, or a common startup, than XCP value per se would matter less. But it isn't! and the only way for XCP to increase in value overtime is when demand for it increases. There is just no other vehicle.

I agree that betting and derivatives have a great potential for doing just that, but I think that parellel to this, it makes no sense for an asset to cost $4 to create in XCP. Entrepreneurs would have paid $100 or $500 and if not than they are not serious enough. In fact it would have gotten more quality assets, less potential dishonest assets etc.

The notion that usability per se creates value is only true for proof of concept. ie, that a major gambling player will see that this is a safe platform on which they can build a mega site. This in turn can certainly create value for XCP --- providing that it won't suddenly become a BTC transparent platform.

I am patient and truly like this project and am impressed by the coming out of the founders a couple of months ago. Didnt even convert my original burnt XCPs.

But-still- wanted to bring this issue up again, as I think that it is a bit of a side issue for most, or they think that the more assets on CP the more value XCP will have which I dont think is true.

I've been advising on SWARM for the last several months and I can tell you if the price of issuing assets went substantially up it would indeed push more towards projects that do not impose those arbitrary costs.

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
freedomfighter

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:11:03 PM

I've been advising on SWARM for the last several months and I can tell you if the price of issuing assets went substantially up it would indeed push more towards projects that do not impose those arbitrary costs.
[/quote]

OK. I accept.

MtoMatter: What is than in your opinion the main value driver for counterparty and XCP the token? if no use-cases are created that require substantial use of XCP, how do you think it can gain value? 
Matt Y

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 09:14:12 PM

XCP will derive its value though betting which has a huge potential market.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 10:14:48 PM

XCP will derive its value though betting which has a huge potential market.

Is betting only allowed in XCP for this reason?
Pages: « 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 [397] 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: