Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] 42 | Time to Revive 42 Coin - Everyone get in here!!!  (Read 357117 times)
maco

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:24:09 PM

Made a pull request, compile and run on test net, tell me how its acting.

Here comes to hero of 42 ... this is going to be AWESOME!

If everything goes well, 42 will be back up to where it should be because of this new feature.

+1 to defaced for his efforts thus far. (Go FRANKO!)
maco

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:31:27 PM

Hendo, Maco, anyone can explain me... why the price is sinking day by day....?

A few possible explanations:
1: The DOGE gold rush sucked in every liquid BTC on every exchanges.
2: Too fast difficulty re-target will prove to be more lethal than the too slow version. (This seems to be very possible for me.)
3: Hendo got hasty and tries to sell the whole pre-mine amount asap to buy DOGE Grin Grin Grin

May be all of these things and more...

We know the problem and its POOL SWITCHERS gaming the system to dump coins on the market because its not in there interest to hold. The price sinking could be the cause and effect of anything but mainly it is the POOL Switchers. We have been working closely on some solutions for everyone, and I think defaced (Franko FRK) may have solved it!

Hendo and I have not been selling... and don't plan on it... we made commitments to this project and it wouldn't have been smart to sell even at 2000 BTC.  So why would we sell now? We are believers and holders in this, and will be for a very long time because this is more than an experiment... this is going to be real at one point, and everyone will be so happy they got into 42.  Stay with us when the times are low, because we are going to BLAZE through the NIGHT while the times are GREAT.

Yes, simply every crypto went down yesterday or has been recently due to the DOGE race...
and once things calm down, you surely can bet Doge's will be coming to 42.

Big Announcement coming soon after testing our new security features and this should stop the manipulation from happening as per my top post.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 04:39:20 PM

eeeeeeeeeeeee

NET HASHRATE Net Hashrate

DIG
DIG
DIG

KEEP ALL YOUR FAITH WITH 42, so young , punched, kicked, but still here expandig and wakingup stronger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGzjLB_3daM

thanks all
coinpool_de

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:48:30 PM

Hello Coinpool.de User,

today i want to inform you that our new Mining Pool is online.
The pool is updatet to the latest stratum mIning software with vardiff. New design and more.
NO FEE UNTIL 31.January!!!!!

What is 42 Coin?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399658.0

It would give us great pleasure if you join us and mine some 42 Coins with us.
http://42.coinpool.de

Your Coinpool.de Admins

sent a mail to all my coinpool users. hoping the will join our Pool and supoort the coin!!!

Users are comming...
maco

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:51:18 PM

eeeeeeeeeeeee

NET HASHRATE Net Hashrate

DIG
DIG
DIG

KEEP ALL YOUR FAITH WITH 42, so young , punched, kicked, but still here expandig and wakingup stronger

thanks all

I just saw your video... AMAZING JOB! This video will be a hit... spread the link around everyone!

Thank you for working on this and entering into the contest https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=425307

And here is some more videos submitted:

There will only be 42: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGmQtewMhoA&feature=youtu.be

and another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enb_xBP1bzA
infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 05:00:01 PM

any number master?  date of born 1st 42 coin: 21/1/2014 = 11   wow! thats magic!!
maco

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:04:56 PM

any number master?  date of born 1st 42 coin: 21/1/2014 = 11   wow! thats magic!!

decoding .... 42 !  This is history.
marvingateway

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:44:29 PM

Hello!
I have lost about 80% of my BTC in the last week by 42Coin.
Yes, that's tragic. But crying will not help!
I have saved all my dents (about 25000) and mine again.
Considering my mining hardware (1x6450, 1x6970 and 1x 7850 in different rigs) i find this result is well.

It is not hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

maco

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:49:08 PM

Hello!
I have lost about 80% of my BTC in the last week by 42Coin.
Yes, that's tragic. But crying will not help!
I have saved all my dents (about 25000) and mine again.
Considering my mining hardware (1x6450, 1x6970 and 1x 7850 in different rigs) i find this result is well.

It is not hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Stay strong and spread the word... 42 will have its years .. 2014 is the start of the future.. Hendo and I aren't panicing because we know there is tons of value to come ahead for 42.. Its just under three weeks old... And we are this far and broke unseen heights in the crypto community.
marvingateway

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:09:56 PM

Hi maco!
I'm not sad or angry or so for the lost of 80% of my BTC.
I mine because I still have my fun, not because of the profit.
The 42 is not for make quick profit, you must have time.
That is the reason why exactly I mine these coins.
And I have time!
infovortice2013
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:23:31 PM

try to see the low prices times like good to buy 42coins, if not have btc to spent like me, just dig man,
keep mining. nobody loose until sell his dents,, ony with one profesional trader touching the coin this will go high than we cant imagine.

i see it like a proof of work that coin makes to owners, weakminers-speculators etc go out of the coin, strong and brave miners HOLD in!

i hope for the next up price we have ready webpages in all languajes writed in the first post of this threat, to open coin to the world

DIG
DIG
DIG

please share media with your friends and in your forums

janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:52:03 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 09:29:44 PM by janos666

We know the problem and its POOL SWITCHERS gaming the system to dump coins on the market because its not in there interest to hold. The price sinking could be the cause and effect of anything but mainly it is the POOL Switchers. We have been working closely on some solutions for everyone, and I think defaced (Franko FRK) may have solved it!

Every new fancy coins try to constantly solve that while more regular coins have their fun regardless.
IMHO, it's like trying to piss in a hurricane and try to remain dry. More over, it's like doing science while ignoring well established facts.
You fight against the wish of those you try to invite.

Who wants to play with your if you try to take away all the toys?

I don't think you can effectively change human nature or market habits through a tricky C++ algorithm and a single altcoin on an already too crowded stage.

But it's just my opinion. And I absolutely agree that if you do succeed then you can be both proud to your work and gain a lot of profit.
I agree, it worth the risk because it's promising.

Hendo and I have not been selling... and don't plan on it... we made commitments to this project and it wouldn't have been smart to sell even at 2000 BTC.  So why would we sell now?

Note the smiles. Grin But who can really know. Words are always just words.

We are believers and holders in this, and will be for a very long time because this is more than an experiment... this is going to be real at one point, and everyone will be so happy they got into 42.  Stay with us when the times are low, because we are going to BLAZE through the NIGHT while the times are GREAT.

You know, I thought that Dr. Emmett Brown avatar of Hendo is a clear hint to the contrary. LOL. Grin
But don't get me wrong, I like experimenting! I always wished to see a coin like this. (Up to the point that I considered to launch something similar: 1 coins max, instant retarget, only a few months to fully mine all...)

Hah... But... What do you honestly think will happen when it's all mined?
No, don't answer please, I know you can't tell the truth. Tongue

Yes, simply every crypto went down yesterday or has been recently due to the DOGE race...

[42] as well as many other cryptos. I already see some strange movements around CAT (DOGs, CATs, hmmm...). But I only use that as an example because I abandoned CAT for [42]. There are others I don't actively monitor myself.

Big Announcement coming soon after testing our new security features and this should stop the manipulation from happening as per my top post.

The same can be told about some other coins.
DRobert

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:23:25 PM

Every new fancy coins try to constantly solve that while more regular coins have their fun regardless.
IMHO, it's like trying to piss in a hurricane and try to remain dry. More over, it's like doing science while ignoring well established facts.
You fight against the wish of those you try to invite.

Who wants to play with your if you try to take away all the toys?

I don't think you can effectively change human nature or market habits through a tricky C++ algorithm and a single altcoin on an already too crowded stage.

But it's just my opinion. And I absolutely agree that if you do succeed then you can be both proud to your work and gain a lot of profit.
I agree, it worth the risk because it's promising.

Hendo and I have not been selling... and don't plan on it... we made commitments to this project and it wouldn't have been smart to sell even at 2000 BTC.  So why would we sell now?

Note the smiles. Grin But who can really know. Words are always just words.

We are believers and holders in this, and will be for a very long time because this is more than an experiment... this is going to be real at one point, and everyone will be so happy they got into 42.  Stay with us when the times are low, because we are going to BLAZE through the NIGHT while the times are GREAT.

You know, I thought that Dr. Emmett Brown avatar of Hendo is a clear hint to the contrary. LOL. Grin
But don't get me wrong, I like experimenting! I always wished to see a coin like this. (Up to the point that I considered to launch something similar: 1 coins max, instant retarget, only a few months to fully mine all...)

Hah... But... What do you honestly think will happen when it's all mined?
No, don't answer please, I know you can't tell the truth. Tongue

[42] as well as many other cryptos. I already see some strange movements around CAT (DOGs, CATs, hmmm...). But I only use that as an example because I abandoned CAT for [42]. There are others I don't actively monitor myself.

The same can be told about some other coins.

I recommend reading from the beginning of this thread to grasp and come to understand why 42 Coin had a fair launch and wonderful developers. Often when I go into a new coin thread I feel like the developers just drop the coin and announce "Okay guys coin is ready to be mined!" without having a count down.

janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 12:51:19 AM

I recommend reading from the beginning of this thread to grasp and come to understand why 42 Coin had a fair launch and wonderful developers. Often when I go into a new coin thread I feel like the developers just drop the coin and announce "Okay guys coin is ready to be mined!" without having a count down.

Oh, I did! Did you read that single post of mine before sending me to read dozens of pages?

Do you think that (for example) DOGE's apparent (temporal ?) success depended on the developer's mathematical/programmer/economical genius and continuous hard work?
Or was it simply a lucky accident that DOGE gave the people what they wanted and they seem to enjoy it (for the moment ?) even if the whole coin started as a cheap joke and on top of that, it still has a major bug (even if they later declare that as a feature ?).

Again, don't get me wrong. I am way more skeptic about DOGEs long term sustainability or even CAT's reborn (that counter is really ticking from 9) than 42's future.
I am just trying to point it out that it's not like the coin developer can shape the will of the people through a few lines in a C++ code.
And I think this also means that a developer who is convinced that he can actually do that, proves himself to be delusional.

Of course, developers can and should try to improve things. But after that, they can only hope.
They can guarantee nothing! (Not even that it won't be worse. Only the time will tell.)

And, as I see it now, a few active developers try to force people to do something they don't want to, while on other hand, some lazy developers let them do what they wish to do.
-> What do you think most people will probably do in this situation? Roll Eyes
hendo420 (OP)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 12:57:23 AM

Oh, I did! Did you read that single post of mine before sending me to read dozens of pages?

Do you think that (for example) DOGE's apparent (temporal ?) success depended on the developer's mathematical/programmer/economical genius and continuous hard work?
Or was it simply a lucky accident that DOGE gave the people what they wanted and they seem to enjoy it (for the moment ?) even if the whole coin started as a cheap joke and on top of that, it still has a major bug (even if they later declare that as a feature ?).

Again, don't get me wrong. I am way more skeptic about DOGEs long term sustainability or even CAT's reborn (that counter is really ticking from 9) than 42's future.
I am just trying to point it out that it's not like the coin developer can shape the will of the people through a few lines in a C++ code.
And I think this also means that a developer who is convinced that he can actually do that, proves himself to be delusional.

Of course, developers can and should try to improve things. But after that, they can only hope.
They can guarantee nothing! (Not even that it won't be worse. Only the time will tell.)

+1

There is only so much that Maco and I can do. We can have fun contests, blast social media, help people start services that accept 42, ect.
But when it comes down to it, we can only show you the door. You're the ones that have to walk through it. (To paraphrase The Matrix)

ebmarket.co
DRobert

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:00:38 AM

I read your post but I wasn't sure if you were trolling or being serious.

Doge shot up to it's current status, it seems, because of the news that doge coin funded an olympic team, don't you think? It does have a good and fun community backing it and people who believe in the coin rather than just pumping-and-dumping it.

Volume for Doge remains high even though it tried to crash three times since last night.
Bobsled news article will give it much positive publicity and incite more people to be confident about the coin and invest in it. Block rewards for Doge are halving and maybe people want to get in while they still can. Doge also is highly traded and distributed. 2014 will be an interesting year for Doge. I intend to profit off both Doge and 42Coin through being an early adopter.

Of course, criticism is welcome for 42Coin. If criticisms can be positively addressed then that can help to build confidence in this coin.
DRobert

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:05:15 AM

+1

There is only so much that Maco and I can do. We can have fun contests, blast social media, help people start services that accept 42, ect.
But when it comes down to it, we can only show you the door. You're the ones that have to walk through it. (To paraphrase The Matrix)

Hendo, I am looking to partner with a business that will be able to distribute and sell 42Coin glow sticks and LED glow necklesses. Stuff used for partying and celebrating. I am in talks for him to accept 42 Coin as a form of payment. It would be wonderful if we could eventually have your blessing and support.

I'd have to see how he feels about it first. Maybe he can do a limited run with 42 Coin to see how it goes.
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 01:08:31 AM

Of course, criticism is welcome for 42Coin. If criticisms can be positively addressed then that can help to build confidence in this coin.

We are currently working to improve 42 in a few ways.

One of which should help with the multipool issue. We are working with a few devs from other coins to get this accomplished properly.

If anyone has denomination additions they would like to see added let me know and I will set up a vote to add them to the Qt  Smiley
eg. adding Dent to the drop down box in the send tab.

We are also contemplating adding in block halving after 6 months, I would like to know what the community has to say about it.
This would extend the block reward past the initial year.

ebmarket.co
hendo420 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 01:10:29 AM

+1

Hendo, I am looking to partner with a business that will be able to distribute and sell 42Coin glow sticks and LED glow necklesses. Stuff used for partying and celebrating. I am in talks for him to accept 42 Coin as a form of payment. It would be wonderful if we could eventually have your blessing and support.

I love the idea.  Smiley

Get your party on with 42 coin.  Cheesy

ebmarket.co
DRobert

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:12:35 AM

We are currently working to improve 42 in a few ways.

One of which should help with the multipool issue. We are working with a few devs from other coins to get this accomplished properly.

If anyone has denomination additions they would like to see added let me know and I will set up a vote to add them to the Qt  Smiley
eg. adding Dent to the drop down box in the send tab.

We are also contemplating adding in block halving after 6 months, I would like to know what the community has to say about it.
This would extend the block reward past the initial year.

It might be a good idea to get some coins in circulation first before any halving occurs. But what do I know? I'm just an investor.
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: