Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:36:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCMiner - Open Source Bitcoin Miner for ZTEX FPGA Boards, 215 MH/s on LX150  (Read 161481 times)
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:43:50 AM

I highly recommend not buying anything from this vendor, his warranty is inexistant.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 03:17:27 AM

Perhaps we should wait what ztex has to say. So far you fucked up two boards. That's all we know for now.

I highly recommend TO BUY from this vendor as you can talk with him if there is a problem !

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 03:20:43 AM

Perhaps we should wait what ztex has to say. So far you fucked up two boards. That's all we know for now.

I highly recommend TO BUY from this vendor as you can talk with him if there is a problem !

Sure I emailed all day long with Stefan today, he will not do anything to give a solution.
If you dare to take the risk, go ahead and buy from ZTEX, but the boards have NO WARRANTY and NO REFUND POLICY.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 04:48:53 AM

Sure I emailed all day long with Stefan today, he will not do anything to give a solution.
If you dare to take the risk, go ahead and buy from ZTEX, but the boards have NO WARRANTY and NO REFUND POLICY.

Most warranties don't cover damage from improper usage.
ztex (OP)
Donator

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

ZTEX FPGA Boards

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 09:45:22 AM

I highly recommend not buying anything from this vendor, his warranty is inexistant.

Gusti returned two boards 2 days ago. Both voltage regulators on both boards where destroyed. These voltage regulators are over current and temperature protected. The only way do destroy voltage regulators is by over voltage.

Since the valid range of is clearly specified on the products page (http://www.ztex.de/usb-fpga-1/usb-fpga-1.15x.e.html#con5), this is not covered by warranty.

Here is an image which shows the 3.3V regulator of one of Gustis board:

Gusti, In your mail from Nov 10 you wrote that smoke came out of one of the part. Why you destroyed the second board in the same way instead of asking me what is going wrong?

These regulator circuits are used in 4 other products. I sold a few hundreds of them. Gusti is the only customer I know who destroyed this way regulators.

BTW, I just counted it: wrote Gusti 22 support mail which was not always easy. His last mail was
no problem, bro
I will make sure you will not sell a single card in the forum anymore

tnkflx

Activity: 349

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 09:54:29 AM

Gusti, In your mail from Nov 10 you wrote that smoke came out of one of the part. Why you destroyed the second board in the same way instead of asking me what is going wrong?

Powering the 2nd board after noticing smoke on the first one is kinda stupid...

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
gusti
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 12:39:18 PM

Gusti returned two boards 2 days ago. Both voltage regulators on both boards where destroyed. These voltage regulators are over current and temperature protected. The only way do destroy voltage regulators is by over voltage.

Since the valid range of is clearly specified on the products page (http://www.ztex.de/usb-fpga-1/usb-fpga-1.15x.e.html#con5), this is not covered by warranty.

Here is an image which shows the 3.3V regulator of one of Gustis board:

These regulator circuits are used in 4 other products. I sold a few hundreds of them. Gusti is the only customer I know who destroyed this way regulators.

BTW, I just counted it: wrote Gusti 22 support mail which was not always easy. His last mail was
no problem, bro
I will make sure you will not sell a single card in the forum anymore

Sure, I want to be sure that every possible customer here knows beforehand that your support and warranty is non-existent.
You sold hundreds of cards, and so what ? I have 120 PC miners built by me and never blowed a card before, which says nothing.

You are also a liar, I never told you that smoke came out of the first card.
You need to support your failing boards, or you cannot sell anymore.

tnkflx

Activity: 349

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:04:04 PM

Sure, I want to be sure that every possible customer here knows beforehand that your support and warranty is non-existent.
You sold hundreds of cards, and so what ? I have 120 PC miners built by me and never blowed a card before, which says nothing.

You need to support your failing boards, or you cannot sell anymore.

This can be easily settled... ztex can show the mail from gusti if both agree that that mail can be made public...

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
ztex (OP)
Donator

ZTEX FPGA Boards

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 01:12:20 PM

Defects have been caused by usage out of specification and are therefore not covered by warranty.

It says that other customers have no problem to run this board within the specifications.

Here is what you wrote on Nov 10:
After half an hour, while I was doing some testing, smoke came out of
a resistor, green led turned off, and cooler fan stopped working.

2nd card, green led turned on and after 10 seconds turned almost off,
and then off at all, fan also off.

It is also clearly visible on the image, that a chip has been burned and smoked.

ztex (OP)
Donator

ZTEX FPGA Boards

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 01:17:40 PM

... or you cannot sell anymore.

please also stop that threats.

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:22:02 PM

Defects have been caused by usage out of specification and are therefore not covered by warranty.

It says that other customers have no problem to run this board within the specifications.

Here is what you wrote on Nov 10:
After half an hour, while I was doing some testing, smoke came out of
a resistor, green led turned off, and cooler fan stopped working.

2nd card, green led turned on and after 10 seconds turned almost off,
and then off at all, fan also off.

It is also clearly visible on the image, that a chip has been burned and smoked.

Now you are plainly lying, I NEVER wrote such email to you.  
Please stop lying and accept that your boards have a design failure, and they are not suitable for consumer grade power supplies.
I demand a proper solution for this problem.
Thanks.  

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:23:23 PM

... or you cannot sell anymore.

please also stop that threats.

No mean to threat you, only demanding a solution for this.

ztex (OP)
Donator

ZTEX FPGA Boards

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 01:47:24 PM

I can publish the header of this mail if you want.

And what is about the image. If a part is blown up in this way it produces smoke.

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:58:41 PM

I can publish the header of this mail if you want.

And what is about the image if a part is blown up in this way it produces smoke.

Yes, please you continue lying and publish fake emails and headers.
I can also publish the photo of the power supply up and running, which will not prove anything.

You need to assume that your boards are not properly protected, and they need to be fed by a better regulated power supply.
Which you didn´t advise from the start, so you need to assume your fault and give a solution.

ztex (OP)
Donator

ZTEX FPGA Boards

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 02:22:48 PM

Shall I publish the header?

Please explain the picture with the burned part

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 02:27:48 PM

Shall I publish the header?
Please explain the picture with the burned part

Please explain you first why my PS is currently working with original switch.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 02:33:32 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2011, 03:53:24 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Powering the 2nd board after noticing smoke on the first one is kinda stupid...

Yeah I can see blowing one board but everyone knows the magic smoke is what makes computer chips work.  If you get a smoke leak you don't want to do the same thing and let the magic smoke leak out of the second board.  That magic smoke is expensive.
ztex (OP)
Donator

ZTEX FPGA Boards

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 02:54:21 PM

I don't understand you logic. You are writing (again) that ZTEX FPGA Boards have support your power supply because your router supports it.

The power supply is supported by your router because your router has a different input voltage range.

gusti
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 03:07:00 PM

I don't understand you logic. You are writing (again) that ZTEX FPGA Boards have support your power supply because your router supports it.

The power supply is supported by your router because your router has a different input voltage range.

Buddy, you told me that any supermarket power supply will fit, and you were wrong. My switch (not a router) has a similar input range, from 6 to 16 VDC, if I remember correctly. (I can publish a photo too, you seem to like photos).

You need to assume that your boards need a exactly regulated power supply, and customer need to be aware that anything below a switching PC grade power supply is dangerous for your cards. And you need to respond for the warranty.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 03:18:19 PM

Buddy, you told me that any supermarket power supply will fit, and you were wrong. My switch (not a router) has a similar input range, from 6 to 16 VDC, if I remember correctly. (I can publish a photo too, you seem to like photos).

Did he not say 'a 12v supermarket PSU would fit'?  I mean, you seem to know atleast a little bit about electronics. What made you think a PSU designed for a product rated for 6 to 16v would be appropriate for a product rated for 12v? :/

On the back fo that 3COM PSu what does it list for the output range on volt and amps?

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: