Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics  (Read 482324 times)
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 6080

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:17:55 AM

Hello. Maybe you have plans for the future will support BitcoinCash (BCH)?
How to get BitcoinCash (BCH) on other services? Can I use the recovery seed (RS)? Before the fork was activated on August 1, I did not use the RS BIP39.
After fork I did not make transactions with my Bitcoins (BTC). If I now create a RS BIP39, will the recovery seed be relevant for getting BitcoinCash (BCH) on other services?

What do you mean by creating the BIP39 seed 'now'? It's not possible to do that, the seed will be given to you when you first make the wallet. If you had funds on that wallet before the fork, then you could use the passphrase given to you to recover your BCH using Coinomi android wallet, you can follow detailed explanation here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2062488

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:52:14 PM

How to get BitcoinCash (BCH) on other services? Can I use the recovery seed (RS)? Before the fork was activated on August 1, I did not use the RS BIP39.
After fork I did not make transactions with my Bitcoins (BTC). If I now create a RS BIP39, will the recovery seed be relevant for getting BitcoinCash (BCH) on other services?

What do you mean by creating the BIP39 seed 'now'? It's not possible to do that, the seed will be given to you when you first make the wallet. If you had funds on that wallet before the fork, then you could use the passphrase given to you to recover your BCH using Coinomi android wallet, you can follow detailed explanation here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2062488

I believe what Taya Afi means is that you can go to the blockchain.info wallet and generate a backup seed.  I have that option when I am logged into my blockchain.info wallet, and likely I have that option because I have never generated such a back-up seed.  Maybe it only allows you to do it if you have not done, and maybe it only allows you to do it once?  I don't claim to be any kind of expert, and maybe exemplified from the fact that I have never generated my back up seed from blockchain.info, even though I have had the same blockchain.info wallet since early 2014.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Taya Afi

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:22:52 AM

I believe what Taya Afi means is that you can go to the blockchain.info wallet and generate a backup seed.  I have that option when I am logged into my blockchain.info wallet, and likely I have that option because I have never generated such a back-up seed.  Maybe it only allows you to do it if you have not done, and maybe it only allows you to do it once?  I don't claim to be any kind of expert, and maybe exemplified from the fact that I have never generated my back up seed from blockchain.info, even though I have had the same blockchain.info wallet since early 2014.

Hello. thanks for the answer. Did you get BitcoinCash (BCH)? If so, please write how?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:55:59 AM

Hello. thanks for the answer. Did you get BitcoinCash (BCH)? If so, please write how?

I am not very technologically sophisticated.  Accordingly, I have been thinking to wait for the arrival of the ledger nano s that I ordered.  I had a few issues because of back orders and such and confusion in supplies, and I had to order it again. I am expecting to get it next week, and I am thinking that it should be o.k. (no rush) to just wait for the ledger nano s to arrive and then attempt to use their splitting function.  Apparently, the trezor has a splitting function that is supposed to work pretty well, too.  So those seem fairly trustworthy and less technical means to accomplish getting the BCH into a separate wallet without compromising keys, perhaps?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Taya Afi

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:12:13 PM

I am not very technologically sophisticated.  Accordingly, I have been thinking to wait for the arrival of the ledger nano s that I ordered.  I had a few issues because of back orders and such and confusion in supplies, and I had to order it again. I am expecting to get it next week, and I am thinking that it should be o.k. (no rush) to just wait for the ledger nano s to arrive and then attempt to use their splitting function.  Apparently, the trezor has a splitting function that is supposed to work pretty well, too.  So those seem fairly trustworthy and less technical means to accomplish getting the BCH into a separate wallet without compromising keys, perhaps?

OK. If at you it will turn out, inform, please.
Naxey

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:31:53 PM

About the EXCHANGE feature... Why can't I exchange ALL of my BTC for ETH? Why there is a "maximum" limit to exchange?
lolobit

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:05:26 AM

Will help to recover the password blockchain.info
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2657699.msg27115477#msg27115477

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:14:13 AM

About the EXCHANGE feature... Why can't I exchange ALL of my BTC for ETH? Why there is a "maximum" limit to exchange?

I read something about this in Reddit, It's possible that you have a maximum per trade, try to make it in two trades or more and I also think that they use ShapeShift, It's possible that the trade amount is correct because the right is for the fees.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
rapidleech

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:20:10 PM

Blockchain transaction fees is outrageous!!! how to avoid those fees?
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:04:08 PM

could a blockchain network be entirely run on mobile devices, as in mining in the background? 100~180 million smartphones is decent amount of grunt / bandwidth
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:13:15 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 07:32:36 PM by JayJuanGee

If you are referring to blockchain.info wallets, they do not have fees to use them.  So your use of the term "outrageous" seems misdirected and also your term "outrageous" also seems a bit of an exaggeration for the value that you get from having decentralized power and security over the value that you hold in bitcoin - especially try moving a million in gold versus moving a million in bitcoin... Lot's of value in performing that kind of major transaction in bitcoin as compared to using other possible vehicles and your ability to move your value without permission from anyone has value in itself.

To attempt to clarify what I am saying, there is a bitcoin network fee, and the blockchain.info wallet gives fee suggestions for the bitcoin network based on algorithms for three settings: priority, regular or custom.  

If you custom set your fees, you can set the fee for whatever you would like; however, these days, if you set the fees too low, then your transaction might get stuck for a very long time and might get rejected.  I have a few transactions that have been pending about a month (friendly transactions to a trusted other person) because I used a very low transaction fee, and in the olden days (before the stupid-ass ongoing spam attacks on the bitcoin network), those low to no fee transactions would get processed sooner or later, or they would get rejected after a few days.  Before December 2017, I had never had any transactions that had completely gotten stuck.

Usually, setting your transaction for priority through the blockchain.info wallet will cause the transaction to go through in less than an hour and usually setting regular will be 1-4 hours, but even the fee suggestions of the blockchain.info wallet can be wrong because bitcoin network conditions might change right after you hit "send."  For example, spam could suddenly increase or decrease and then the fees will change too, but if you already hit "send" then you cannot change that part.

Anyhow, my main point is that the blockchain.info wallet is not setting any fees for itself (or costing you money), it is just recommending fees based on algorithms in an attempt to measure the bitcoin network fees, and it is up to you to determine what actual fee that you want to use based on how quickly you want your transaction to go through or if you are o.k. with the risk that your transaction might get stuck because you had a preference to attempt to save on network fees.

A few ways that I have found to either avoid network fees or to lessen the percentage of fees that I pay is to: 1) mainly attempt to only send larger transactions and therefore the fees become a smaller percentage of the transaction amount, 2) attempt to transact during lower traffic (spam) times, and 3) attempt to get whoever you are transaction with to bear all or a large part of the cost of the network fees.

I understand that some of these current fee matters are frustrating, and hopefully it is not a permanent future condition of bitcoin, because we know that it costs some money to continue to perform spam attacks on the bitcoin network, but if higher fees and slower transaction times become a permanent condition, then each of us has to figure out ways that we either adjust our usage of the bitcoin network or move some of our transactions to other platforms for certain kinds of transactions that we may have otherwise considered doing in bitcoin...

and it should go without saying:: for sure HODL your bitcoin because bitcoin still remains the best of the powerful in terms of security and self-autonomy over the value that you hold there.

lolobit2

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:37:38 AM

Will help to recover the password blockchain.info
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2657699.msg27115477#msg27115477

Aккayнт lolobit пoтepян. Пиcaть нa lolobit2
lolobit account lost. Write on lolobit2
19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:46:35 AM

The month of december to january is the peak of the high cost, I still remember when the beginning of last year sent 1 btc and cost more than 600k satoshi or about $ 1k, but after march now the cost becomes very cheap even with only 2400 satoshi for normal fees.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:57:25 AM

The month of december to january is the peak of the high cost, I still remember when the beginning of last year sent 1 btc and cost more than 600k satoshi or about $ 1k, but after march now the cost becomes very cheap even with only 2400 satoshi for normal fees.

Still, I wouldn't consider them as a reliable service. It's being more then half a year since they promised to implement SegWit and we didn't see anything.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2800
Merit: 766

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:33:06 PM

Still, I wouldn't consider them as a reliable service. It's being more then half a year since they promised to implement SegWit and we didn't see anything.
Ive been spotting out that kind of update too on where i do already lost hope for them to made such implementation of Segwit which same as you said we didnt see any of that promised thing.I had used them when i was still a nebiew but i moved out already to other wallet as well.I do make use on checking out transactions histories and no other than that.

I don't have answer 19 day's. I have ID+pass+email acces but blockchain don't send me e-mail???
You mean log-in verification of new device access?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
livingfree

Activity: 2730
Merit: 575

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:19:42 AM

I don't have answer 19 day's. I have ID+pass+email acces but blockchain don't send me e-mail???
What does this mean? you logged in and you can't access to your account? And you are looking for a 2fa on your email?

Sometimes it can be seen on the spam folder or others folders, maybe it was placed there so check it there.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:55:29 PM

Received email from newsletters@blockchain.com  about changing domain from .info to .com.   

And indeed if you go to blochchain.info, it will redirect you to blockchain.com.

With so many scams around, is it safe to login into blockchain.com now?
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1128

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 09:53:07 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Received email from newsletters@blockchain.com  about changing domain from .info to .com.   

And indeed if you go to blockchain.info, it will redirect you to blockchain.com.

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

I just got an email that claimed to be from Blockchain.info.  It had a clickthrough that went to  https://login.blockcehain.com

NOTE THE MISSPELLED DOMAIN NAME!

If you click through it will ask you to "enter your recovery phrase"

If you do you they will be able to steal all the Bitcoins in that account so - Do NOT enter your recovery phrase.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Oilacris

Activity: 2968
Merit: 609

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:19:04 PM

And indeed if you go to blockchain.info, it will redirect you to blockchain.com.

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!

I just got an email that claimed to be from Blockchain.info.  It had a clickthrough that went to  https://login.blockcehain.com

NOTE THE MISSPELLED DOMAIN NAME!

If you click through it will ask you to "enter your recovery phrase"

If you do you they will be able to steal all the Bitcoins in that account so - Do NOT enter your recovery phrase.

Same here i do received the same email which it do redirects me on https://login.blockcehain.com which if you dont pay attention on first glimpse you will able to believe that it is a legit but if you do look the 2nd time around you would notice the difference and also why would blockchain would able to email you out? This is the big question should be put in mind.
Anything that do ask private keys is definitely scam.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
LordAltcoin

Activity: 113

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 09:05:05 AM

Looks like the biggest Scam, is the Blockchain walelt asking for verification so they can give all your info to the "government" and then expect a nice letter from tax agency.

The "trick" ?  give away Stellar, have people send in ID and even VOICE! So there is no way you can say it was not you. Unlikely many will get the free stellar and that tiny amount of coins is going to cost you a hell of a lot more!

Avoid this wallet at all costs, way better ones out there.
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: