Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:10:25 PM

Well, i was thinking about some pottery "pot" of course  Cool

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:17:19 PM

"MintPal boasts support for a wide range of altcoins including more mainstream offerings such as dogecoin and litecoin alongside more obscure options such as noblecoin and potcoin."

http://www.coindesk.com/moolah-acquires-troubled-altcoin-exchange-mintpal/

Obscure, Coindesk?

Actually pretty descriptive choice of words.

"not discovered or known about; uncertain"

This is actually a better description than I thought at first Tongue
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:18:35 PM

Question: What is "the traditional way" when talking about the POS fork?

Anyone?
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:03:20 PM

Anyone?

I beleive it is "just" a regular hard fork without swapping one type of coins for a new type of coins (eg Noble 2.0)
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:29:14 PM

Anyone?

I beleive it is "just" a regular hard fork without swapping one type of coins for a new type of coins (eg Noble 2.0)

I see. That makes sense. So are we still talking about a hybrid POS/POW model and then transitioning to full POS or just hard fork to straight POS?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4906

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:52:36 PM

Anyone?

I see. That makes sense. So are we still talking about a hybrid POS/POW model and then transitioning to full POS or just hard fork to straight POS?

Straight to POS, apparently we will be the first coin that has done this without changing out to another block chain. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:58:47 PM

Rofo, any chance to get an "Alias" system integrated into the wallet?

For instance you register your e-mail adres and then people can send Noble to your e-mail adress instead of the annoying and confusing random string of letters and numbers we have now. Would be awesome for newcomers!
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:23:01 PM

For instance you register your e-mail adres and then people can send Noble to your e-mail adress instead of the annoying and confusing random string of letters and numbers we have now. Would be awesome for newcomers!

There should be a list of all the feature for the new wallet so we can debate the merits and also start a wish list. Maybe another thread? but this on has been slow lately so it's something to do in the mean time.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 11:18:29 PM

For instance you register your e-mail adress and then people can send Noble to your e-mail adress instead of the annoying and confusing random string of letters and numbers we have now. Would be awesome for newcomers!

There should be a list of all the feature for the new wallet so we can debate the merits and also start a wish list. Maybe another thread? but this on has been slow lately so it's something to do in the mean time.

Go for it. List the wallets and their features and we'll get on it.

Most wallet updates don't require a hardfork and can be toyed/tested with by anyone. Eg. I've shamelessly been incorporating and testing GUE & CAIx style design as well as functionality of CAIx and SC. We've got new github repositories up for cleaner dev. use & the PoS switch so they'll become available with PoS and with multiple wallet options.

Also working on getting an Electrum wallet for NOBL going. I'm just very split across multiple things related to NOBL right now, but please trust me (for what it's worth) when I say I've prioritised the right stuff. We're in talks with multiple developers to 'contract' them or have them on board longer-term for multiple projects, so as soon as those are ready we'll start publicising them.

I'll still roll out the new Marketplace this week to show we've been progressing and not all hot air.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:44:48 AM

... but please trust me (for what it's worth) when I say I've prioritised the right stuff. We're in talks with multiple developers to 'contract' them or have them on board longer-term for multiple projects, so as soon as those are ready we'll start publicising them.

I'll still roll out the new Marketplace this week to show we've been progressing and not all hot air.

The reason we hard core believers in this coin is because we trust you. That really is the only reason and having the lofty goals to boot is only a boon.

I don't know much about wallets but a few features I'd like to see are as follows.

1. A check so as to not send to non-existent addresses.
2. Limited recall ability
3. An escrow option
4. A purchase option

That's off the top of my head.

Anon would be nice just because it is the thing that has added value to many coins and I think will be a must have in future coins. But I personally would have no need for it. at least not as long as the VA keeps my meds coming. Cheesy

kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:24:42 PM

I have 1 word "anonymity"  and 1 statement ... NO BLOODY WAY!!!

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:03:38 PM

I don't think anonymity and a coin that is supposed to be transparent and honest go hand in hand TBH
voephilis

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:20:39 PM

a small change but a nice one would be if there was a live ticker which shows the actuell value of your coins in USD or EURO
whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:46:43 PM

Sorry I've been absent/silent. Been in the process to purchase a home for the last month and it's been sucking up all my free time.

One thing I'm worried about with POS - the "Unknown" miner.

He/She/They are consistently mining around 60% of the blocks. If there is a block every minute, and each block has 5,000 Noblecoin that equates to 4.3M coins per day. This person is obviously not dumping those coins, and at this rate it wouldn't be very hard for them to amass enough coins to easily buy their way to 51% once the PoS implementation has been completed. Honestly it would probably be much cheaper than funding all that hash power... I hope we don't try to avoid one problem to just jump into another.

Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:02:24 PM

Anyone?

Straight to POS, apparently we will be the first coin that has done this without changing out to another block chain. Smiley

considering the market suppression out there. doesnt look like you have much of a choice since you refuse to use a gpu only algorithm like grostl. but you also need to get the marketplace up and running. there's nothing in stock on it for quite some time so it can be considered there is no marketplace currently. good luck nobl with your next step, which some will see as changing the rules of their investment plan out from under them. either way i think the decision and implementations are taking much too long and it just looks like noblecoin is slowly going out of business.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 05:20:30 PM

One thing I'm worried about with POS - the "Unknown" miner.

He/She/They are consistently mining around 60% of the blocks. If there is a block every minute, and each block has 5,000 Noblecoin that equates to 4.3M coins per day. This person is obviously not dumping those coins, and at this rate it wouldn't be very hard for them to amass enough coins to easily buy their way to 51% once the PoS implementation has been completed. Honestly it would probably be much cheaper than funding all that hash power... I hope we don't try to avoid one problem to just jump into another.

Yes this is a very real threat. I have not spent the last few months doing my personal best to defend and inform (51%, price to attack, price stability, etc.) on PoW versus PoS for no reason. Now that the realities of both side have hit mainstream consciousness due to the VRC fiasco and BC decline the very people who demanded PoS for months are now fearing and selling NOBL because we are moving to it. There are measures to counteract PoS abuse/attacks that we will most probably implement to ensure security until we are better established.

Also the unknown is not just a single entity, though I imagine there are a number of larger holders of NOBL now as with all coins. The risk is always there.

I'd advise anyone to DYOR, and if you want to arrange a private selling of NOBL to myself because you no longer feel PoW/PoS/altcoins/NOBL are your cup of tea please get in touch with me. I can only buy a certain amount of millions per week, but I will be buying more NOBL in the coming weeks.

considering the market suppression out there. doesnt look like you have much of a choice since you refuse to use a gpu only algorithm like grostl. but you also need to get the marketplace up and running. there's nothing in stock on it for quite some time so it can be considered there is no marketplace currently. good luck nobl with your next step, which some will see as changing the rules of their investment plan out from under them. either way i think the decision and implementations are taking much too long and it just looks like noblecoin is slowly going out of business.

Best of luck with your new coin Coinler. I've read the discussion and will be great to see if they can be achieved. The new marketplace restocked will be out within the week when I can purchase SSL as mentioned (marketplace.noblemovement.com). In fact I'll run through and enable it regardless for those who want to use it without SSL security. The original has been left out of stock as we move.

There will be a cutback in the promotion deals until we are re-established because the order pattern is simply wait for a pump to 22-25 satoshi and then dump $1000s of dollars of orders on the marketplace at 18% discount. That is not sustainable, the marketplace is not being run in profit with or without deals and it is being abused. The deals will be reintroduced when we are ready to get promotional efforts into gear again.

Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:17:57 PM

Best of luck with your new coin Coinler. I've read the discussion and will be great to see if they can be achieved. The new marketplace restocked will be out within the week when I can purchase SSL as mentioned (marketplace.noblemovement.com). In fact I'll run through and enable it regardless for those who want to use it without SSL security. The original has been left out of stock as we move.

There will be a cutback in the promotion deals until we are re-established because the order pattern is simply wait for a pump to 22-25 satoshi and then dump $1000s of dollars of orders on the marketplace at 18% discount. That is not sustainable, the marketplace is not being run in profit with or without deals and it is being abused. The deals will be reintroduced when we are ready to get promotional efforts into gear again.

Rofo,  I will msg you soon on irc to discuss some suggestions for improving your marketplace sustainability regarding trade. I'd have thought you had a proper business structure regarding use of the marketplace acquisition of coins and generating profit with turnover. would that be ok with you? the removal of discounts are fine with me, but the lack of ssl most likely isnt. so ill give you the time to get that sorted before i purchase any noble and utilize your marketplace. i simply wish to convert btc to usd on my amazon.com account for planned purchases and was just about to seek other options for doing so since your marketplace is out of stock but thought id pop in the thread and see what's going on and why stock price might be falling. i dont trade while decisions like this are up in the air with the community so it's just a matter of supporting your service.

Thanks for the mini-plug Rofo, i see no reason why various coins cant support eachother's communities and so you'll see i do publicly support a few hand picked coins and will continue to do so after my coin is launched. Nobl i hope and intend will be one of them. the discussions about how youll approach enstating POS has been swinging back and forth but as the above user mentioned Nobl may be at risk of 51% staking(i doubt it though).. noting this is still a theoretical exploit and has not been demonstrated to work yet as far as i know. i guess ive come now to help swing it back to keeping the mining period since it seems like investors arent happy with that direction and have been dumping. it will help to continually offset any advantage staking taking place if such an attack is carried out with any success from someone who may really be working to sabotage nobl. i realize nobl is in a tough spot atm but decisions need to be made and carried through for some form of change. for now, it seems that doing nothing is guaranteed to keep price dropping. so doing "something" might be better. i no longer mine scryptcoins with gpu so hence my suggestion for grostl algo. but i will support whatever decision you make. just make one!  Wink
kultus

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:31:24 AM

I don't think anonymity and a coin that is supposed to be transparent and honest go hand in hand TBH

The Development and development team of the coin was and is to be transparent, not who I am where I am from, I did not sign up to noble coin to have my details spread around ... thats what cryptocurrency means to almost everyone involved; is a way to hold / store funds, buy and sell without the grubby hands of the taxing governments involved, by putting this feature in you are 1 HUGE step closer to that, Why the hell do you want my email address Huh why do you want to know more about me than you need to... as far as you are all concerned I am a bunch of random numbers and letters and I like that idea, I have never ripped anyone off in my life and don't intend on starting too, but lets consider Noble hit 50c a piece ... then I am holding millions of dollars of coins... for one hacker will want to use my email address to attack my computer to get at them ... second the government will want to have their cut ...

No way screw that !!

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:15:52 AM

The Development and development team of the coin was and is to be transparent, not who I am where I am from, I did not sign up to noble coin to have my details spread around ... thats what cryptocurrency means to almost everyone involved; is a way to hold / store funds, buy and sell without the grubby hands of the taxing governments involved, by putting this feature in you are 1 HUGE step closer to that, Why the hell do you want my email address Huh why do you want to know more about me than you need to... as far as you are all concerned I am a bunch of random numbers and letters and I like that idea, I have never ripped anyone off in my life and don't intend on starting too, but lets consider Noble hit 50c a piece ... then I am holding millions of dollars of coins... for one hacker will want to use my email address to attack my computer to get at them ... second the government will want to have their cut ...

No way screw that !!

As far as I know aliasses are not public in the blockexplorer? And e-mail was just an example so friends can easily send you coins by entering your e-mail instead of random numbers and letters.
kultus

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:21:01 AM

No way screw that !!

As far as I know aliasses are not public in the blockexplorer? And e-mail was just an example so friends can easily send you coins by entering your e-mail instead of random numbers and letters.

I am very much against this ... I want random letters and numbers... no emails, nothing at all personal ... just too easy from that point to hack or track .. and that I am sure is not ok with many people, not just myself ... I send my "email alias" to receive a payment, now it's in the public, maybe you could do it with both, but I still see a security flaw there.... wise man say ... what ain't broke, don't need fix!

Pages: « 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 [409] 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: