Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:27:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232485 times)
tprogex

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 07:11:05 PM

Are you for real. I keep reading page after page and the ANN and reddit. If you wanna be a bagholder be my guess. Keep your cool mon and plx innovation to yourself. You won't gain traction with this POS innovations. Your coin is so cool that it's been slidding down week after weeks. It's bagholder like us that keep your boat a float. When your coin hit 0.001 don't come whining that people like us left your boat.this POS innovations. Grin Grin Grin Grin
I think You are from blackcoin community Your style.And I think You use huge money "because of  this POS innovations" and sad thing what blackcoin will not recovery it price and again "because of  this POS innovations".I'm playing in every market even on blackcoin but only with greater full theory .And because having central checkpoint for decentralization currency    very controversial ,but why have it because without that it will simply not work robust .  Now idea because after 4 years only POW real prove itself and GPUs will soon be refugee  VTC can collect that most gpus power and price will up so VTC has long uptrend price potential . 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:12:33 PM

Is this coin still being developed ?

Anything coming up for VertCoin ? I loved this coin but with all the POS/Anonymous craze, the only advantage, if there is one, is the ASIC resistant part which might not even hold if the price picks up?

Yes there are things in the works. Let's not forget though, the reason most people who ask "what new development is taking place" is not because they are interested in new features, nor that they have any idea what those new features might be. The reason most people ask that is because they see "new features" as bringing attention, giving them a fresh opportunity to get in on the latest pump-and-dump. I'm not saying that's why you asked, but if it is, you're in the wrong place.

The PoS craze is typical pumping and dumping of coins with zero network security and no future whatsoever.

Are you guys going to add the option to have the transaction be anonymous either by porting DarkWallet or having masternodes like DarkCoin ?

No we're not going to be adding Darkwallet or "masternodes" however we do have some privacy features in mind. We've always said we wouldn't be going down the anonymity route as it's antithetical to mainstream adoption.

Sometimes they just don't want to put in the effort to innovate and troll for ideas from smarter people than themselves.
Then they slap the same thing onto their talking points to sound good in the crows...
 Tongue
Too harsh?
moonbat

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 07:15:26 PM

Are you guys kidding? We just released Monocle...

If you want us to work fulltime, you can donate to the development fund Wink

I am not going to address the other stuff here now, as its a sunny day, we work for free and we are on IRC more then often enough.

If you checked twitter, you know some features that get added Wink

Say what?
Ok ... MON ... well ... PLX was as well... Ok nice -new coins developed that can be mined with loads of other coins that are just n-scrypt based - Sorry but this wont attract investors - miners should ... investors well not really... But I wont be even going deep into this subject - for this are separate threads for MON etc...

You working for free... understood... I understand then we can not expect anything until we gather together and pay ...Ok... then will ask FOR WHAT?
Simply - write WHAT will be done IF we donate for this reason?
GIVE the plan... give the ideas that will be worked and when... time frames... details... then if this will have sense lets make this gathering for sake of coin... But IF you claiming we wont work until someone will pay... then ... shit .... I just felt even worse considering what can happen with coin ....

Dammit this ....this is not the proper answer!

P.S.
JUST being asic resitant ..... wont safe us Sad

I think you might have missed the point of Monocle. It's not been launched as a "new" coin, or even as a Vertcoin "innovation" but as a mirror of the Vertcoin blockchain, sort of like a test bed for new ideas and real innovations to Vertcoin. This in itself should demonstrate long term, strategic planning behind the coin. Oh and we get the sexy merge mining cachet to boot!

CrunchHarder Mining Pools https://crunchharder.net
tprogex

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 07:17:33 PM

Anything coming up for VertCoin ? I loved this coin but with all the POS/Anonymous craze, the only advantage, if there is one, is the ASIC resistant part which might not even hold if the price picks up?

Yes there are things in the works. Let's not forget though, the reason most people who ask "what new development is taking place" is not because they are interested in new features, nor that they have any idea what those new features might be. The reason most people ask that is because they see "new features" as bringing attention, giving them a fresh opportunity to get in on the latest pump-and-dump. I'm not saying that's why you asked, but if it is, you're in the wrong place.

The PoS craze is typical pumping and dumping of coins with zero network security and no future whatsoever.

Are you guys going to add the option to have the transaction be anonymous either by porting DarkWallet or having masternodes like DarkCoin ?

No we're not going to be adding Darkwallet or "masternodes" however we do have some privacy features in mind. We've always said we wouldn't be going down the anonymity route as it's antithetical to mainstream adoption.

Sometimes they just don't want to put in the effort to innovate and troll for ideas from smarter people than themselves.
Then they slap the same thing onto their talking points to sound good in the crows...
 Tongue
Too harsh?
For POS VTC has merged coins its more robust and workable than pos coin and I think not easier on code level than pos. For dark-wallet(which has its pluses and minuses) its political solution and BTC also   decided to not add zerocoin .And for some people like Me its one of options to select vtc instead of drk (I think drk is good coin and good competitor for Vtc)
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 07:26:00 PM

which are available BTC  in the cryptsy can buy cheap coins  Grin

0.00212358   7541.30208553   16.01455828
tprogex

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 07:36:14 PM

which are available BTC  in the cryptsy can buy cheap coins  Grin

0.00212358   7541.30208553   16.01455828
14000 Vtc(28 btc) buy wall on 0.0020 in cryptsy also 20 btc buy wall on mintpal(0.00195).
mig5000

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:56:58 PM

Sorry if I came harsh but answers like "Go read the past 400 pages" just won't cut it, and makes me tilt to no end. I have been lurking on and off the vertcoin forums for quite some time and just don't see much going on in term of worthwhile innovation. I get it now, this coin is focusing on miners instead trying to be user friendly and most of the replies just proves it. I have been a miner for long time and like to see innovation. I had only had 2 coins for the past 3 months, VTC and DRK.

When I look at it from a user perspective, VTC doesn't offer much really. And when you say, it's the merchant that matters, in reality, if all merchant accepted VTC, you price would be 10x lower. I have been mining VTC in the off chance it picks up, but as it is I don't see it. If I just want to mine for some POS innovations ( read here Piece of S***) I'm just going to go ahead and fold proteins.

I got my answer thanks.
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 08:00:02 PM

in my opinion most friends are nervous because at the moment other coins are awesome pumped and VTC not one of those coins

soon if we see a huge pump, all will be back in say
- VTC is number 1
- VTc is the future
- VTC is the best

and so another 400 pages in this topic

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 08:20:20 PM

--- IMO ---

Vertcoin has all the "innovation" it needs. What does innovation for innovation's sake add to anything?

It is the coin to replace Litecoin as the Bitcoin alternative. Litecoin if not already will soon be completely under ASIC control, with miners fighting for ever faster asic chipsets and spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on pre-orders for barely roi equipment.

Darkcoin - currently in its PnD and Hoarding stage owing to the masternodes - has the issue that it is likely never to be accepted outside of underground and shady establishments - where IMO Monero offers a far more adult and realistic solution to the requirement for anonymity.

Blackcoin - The definitive PoS coin of the time, is only kept alive because of the endless and tireless efforts of those associated with the projects such as hiring PR and the multipool, I have generally not seen much in the way of Blackcoin usage outside of trading or campaigns as yet.

Dogecoin - same fate as Litecoin, albeit with a better community - it will be interesting to see what happens in the longer term.

Myriad - A very innovative coin I think we can agree - But there doesn't seem much in the way of widespread support or acceptance. Its potentially trying to solve an issue that Vertcoin already solves - and in some ways, it was never written to be such.

ReddCoin - Vying for the social space that dogecoin inhabits - but ultimately of little value outside of the tipping circles.

--------

With vertcoin, we have an established coin with a clear Message - "BEAT ASICS", a strong community that are behind this message. Competant and active developers (what other coin this year has launched an entirely other coin to help with the future development of the main coin?)

It has all the makings of a great future. And I am so far, entirely optimistic of its future.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
styxical

Activity: 87

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 09:46:45 PM

Sorry if I came harsh but answers like "Go read the past 400 pages" just won't cut it, and makes me tilt to no end. I have been lurking on and off the vertcoin forums for quite some time and just don't see much going on in term of worthwhile innovation. I get it now, this coin is focusing on miners instead trying to be user friendly and most of the replies just proves it. I have been a miner for long time and like to see innovation. I had only had 2 coins for the past 3 months, VTC and DRK.

When I look at it from a user perspective, VTC doesn't offer much really. And when you say, it's the merchant that matters, in reality, if all merchant accepted VTC, you price would be 10x lower. I have been mining VTC in the off chance it picks up, but as it is I don't see it. If I just want to mine for some POS innovations ( read here Piece of S***) I'm just going to go ahead and fold proteins.

I got my answer thanks.

Decentralization boosts the security of the whole network, not just miners. That is the whole idea behind keeping ASICs out.

But really, you look like you're just looking for someone to confirm your idea to sell your coins. Go for it bro. Nobody here cares what you do.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:06:21 PM

I'd rather have a coin premined at 90% with a lot of innovation than one 0% premined with 0 innovation.

TLDR,

90% premine is innovative enough, imho...
(no additional comment needed Smiley )
PoolMingo

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:07:49 PM

9/10 rewarded with 20 VTC blocks found!
New block breaked by Cnerd! contact me as soon as you can!
Come on you can be the next!

join now at http://vertcoin.mingopool.com . First 10 blocks finders will be rewarded with 20 VTC, not from the pool wallet, will be awarded from the admin wallet!sou you'll receive pool earnings + 20VTC!

Give us some hashes! it will be worth!

AUTOMATED PAYMENTS
ONLINE SUPPORT
24/7 monitoring
Stratum
0% FEE
DDOS protection
PPLNS
VARDIFF
Powerfull server

WWW.MINGOPOOL.COM

DOGECOIN - 365 coin - CleanWaterCoin-  Vertcoin - RotoCoin - CatalonianCoin

CHAT CHANNEL #MINGOPOOL AT FREENODE

Thank you new miners for trust us, we can assure it will be worth
mig5000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:09:54 PM

I got my answer thanks.

Decentralization boosts the security of the whole network, not just miners. That is the whole idea behind keeping ASICs out.

But really, you look like you're just looking for someone to confirm your idea to sell your coins. Go for it bro. Nobody here cares what you do.

Keeping the ASIC out is kind of a joke, said the LTC developers. I was actually looking for reasons to keep them as I have been mining and holding for weeks/months when other coins were spiking all around. As I said I was betting on 2 coins and this one was probably a bad choice. It's in theory, on paper, an excellent one but in practice if the price of VTC climb to 400$ per coin you can be sure of one thing, someone is going to do ASICs that are going to be better than GPU.  But if you like it so much you are more than welcome to by my 20 BTC sell order on cryptsy.
mig5000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:12:08 PM

I'd rather have a coin premined at 90% with a lot of innovation than one 0% premined with 0 innovation.

TLDR,

90% premine is innovative enough, imho...
(no additional comment needed Smiley )

Well that is what etherum and NXT are but they are innovating more than any other coin will ever do. Buying one of them is actually like buying a piece of the next facebook, in my opinion.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:15:28 PM

And that's why I'm still buying, even now. Conservative point of view in cryptoworld (oposite to being: "King of the Blink")

GeminiSimba

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

Ain't no party like a Counterparty!

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:29:44 PM

I love how the  mig guy just kind of pretends that he hasn't read our plan for WHEN an asic is made for our coin. He sounds as if we are running a show assuming noone will make asics for it...we are running a show knowing ofcourse someone will make asics for it, and when that happens we will initiate operation hardfork Wink

"You see, you and I, we believe in life. But you want to fight for it, to kill for it, even to die--for life. I only want to live it."  (Ayn Rand)
pseudofx

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:38:26 PM

selective reading Wink
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:43:51 PM

I love how the  mig guy just kind of pretends that he hasn't read our plan for WHEN an asic is made for our coin. He sounds as if we are running a show assuming noone will make asics for it...we are running a show knowing ofcourse someone will make asics for it, and when that happens we will initiate operation hardfork Wink

No doubts, but my question I posed before is how do you tell exactly when an ASIC does start to mine VTC?
I may be dense, but the only way I know of is by increased hashrate.
Yet, that can be caused by additional GPU's being converted over to VTC (as im starting to do with the resto of my 12MH).
It can also be that the ASCI is small enough to not make a noticable bump in the global hashrate due to small/limited production runs or distribution.

What's the trick for knowing when an ASIC starts to mine VTC? How do you actually tell?
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:58:00 PM

I got my answer thanks.

This is not a quick pump and dump, this is a long term value investment into the future.

Are you suggesting an alternative method of payment should not focus on merchant acceptance? Wow. You are in the wrong place.
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:09:05 PM

I got my answer thanks.

Go with whatever suits your needs.
Pages: « 1 ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 [482] 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: