Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:50:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 [522] 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232475 times)
OPTiK

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:07:41 PM

too bad how those dev guys behave.

If that's how you feel, why don't YOU do some unpaid work on VTC, instead of whining like a bitch?

QFT  Cheesy

On a serious note, there are some things that people are concerned about. Another AMA may help people understand what is going on in the background and settle some nerves. I understand that the dev team doesn't want money, but if people want to donate maybe they can setup a PR donation account. That way at least there is some sort of fund somewhere that can be used for things that come up (like PR).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:10:24 PM

If that's how you feel, why don't YOU do some unpaid work on VTC, instead of whining like a bitch?

QFT  Cheesy

On a serious note, there are some things that people are concerned about. Another AMA may help people understand what is going on in the background and settle some nerves. I understand that the dev team doesn't want money, but if people want to donate maybe they can setup a PR donation account. That way at least there is some sort of fund somewhere that can be used for things that come up (like PR).

For the record. Sx addresses and pr campaign are slated for end of June. Leave the ama requests until then. There is nothing to say until then. The inflation "vote" is also very important if it comes to pass.
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:11:41 PM

QFT  Cheesy

For the record. Sx addresses and pr campaign are slated for end of June. Leave the ama requests until then. There is nothing to say until then. The inflation "vote" is also very important if it comes to pass.

I could help spread the word about SX, but there isn't a clear explanation on what exactly it does, I think if we had that info we could start promoting it.
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:13:25 PM

yeah the core of the community "understands" what is going on Cheesy

man thats like kindergarden. instead of taking care and making plans of improving we are having this accusations when someone comes up with REAL criticism.

I am worried about the basics of this coin... Who is going to mine that coin when it becomes worthless?

Why not switching over to another algo?

Why do they refuse to receive money?

Btw. SX addresses are really simple in their usability thats what makes it so great...

Of course selling is not an option right now, but sustaining this magical 1USD level would be the first step. This has been always the main argument of the "smart" supporters. but it seems those guys also realized that this is not worth mentioning anymore ^^
turtoro

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:14:25 PM

QFT  Cheesy

I could help spread the word about SX, but there isn't a clear explanation on what exactly it does, I think if we had that info we could start promoting it.

Its alpha. On Mon. Its not even in Vtc yet. Its not a coincidence that the pr push is planned alongside with sx rollout. There is nothing to explain to people until its implemented.
turtoro

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:17:43 PM

yeah the core of the community "understands" what is going on Cheesy

man thats like kindergarden. instead of taking care and making plans of improving we are having this accusations when someone comes up with REAL criticism.

I am worried about the basics of this coin... Who is going to mine that coin when it becomes worthless?

Why not switching over to another algo?

Why do they refuse to receive money?

Btw. SX addresses are really simple in their usability thats what makes it so great...

Of course selling is not an option right now, but sustaining this magical 1USD level would be the first step. This has been always the main argument of the "smart" supporters. but it seems those guys also realized that this is not worth mentioning anymore ^^

All your questions have been answered in previous posts. I dont know what else you are looking for short of an immediate fix this very minute.
nonny12

Activity: 362

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:17:47 PM

If so, why not raise some fund to to pay the devs for the good work and perhaps hire a community manager who can keep the community better informed with ongoing projects? I'm sure Verters will be happy to donate.

The Vertcoin development team should be paid for their hard work. The Vertcoin community needs to address this and their other concerns. We need to open up a dialog between the community and the team, and come up with a management framework that can support this in a sustainable way. What do you think?

I too support your point of view , VTC community should address this but how ?, should we start community donation for devs ? I am in for it.

+1

We need devs to come out and tell us if they need incentives

We have said, we never want money, but we are thinking about PR.
As you can see, when Vertcoin release alpha testing on SX, no one knows about it. Someone has been thinking it is a CoinJoin or another form of Darksend. Someone still doesn't know what is SX. Why is better than other ? Why they should care ?

I mean when Devs have done something, and other people don't know, that's kind of discourage.

So, if you want to help us, please spread the word, what are we doing. How is it better than other coins ? You can go to Reddit or Vertcoinmarket and create a marketing campaign to promote or submit articles to media in order to let people who how good Vertcoin is, and why they should put invest in or become a part of Vertcoin community.

There was this article http://www.coindesk.com/world-cup-startcoin-crowdfunding-vertcoin-stealth-move/

I agree that more PR is needed. I'm willing to help with news releases, if someone wants to contact me. My background is not in media, but I'm willing to help spread the word.

I can start Vertcoinmarket.com funding for a release, if that has not been done already, for example.
nonny12

Activity: 362

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:20:43 PM

QFT  Cheesy

There were some helpful discussions on reddit -
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/27veq7/trying_to_wrap_my_head_around_stealth_addresses/
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/27si42/i_am_a_vtc_user_and_miner_but_i_have_essentially/
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/28lo8l/a_taste_of_sx_this_is_the_calm_before_the/

among others...
honest_pool

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:22:29 PM

Use our pool http://vertpool.org

Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:25:07 PM

QFT  Cheesy

There were some helpful discussions on reddit -
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/27veq7/trying_to_wrap_my_head_around_stealth_addresses/
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/27si42/i_am_a_vtc_user_and_miner_but_i_have_essentially/
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/28lo8l/a_taste_of_sx_this_is_the_calm_before_the/

among others...

Thanks for the link , it cleared some of my doubts about Stealth addresses .
turtoro

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:31:03 PM

right but if this goes on like this... vtc will be at 1 sat before fpga miners arrive...

the stealth address info made vtc pump to 0.0015 and after that it is going DOWN.

i remember someone talking about VTC considering skein algo. But all those issues should be mentioned heret too.

lets see what happens in the next two weeks.

Everyone is talking about new featureS, but stealth addresses are the one and only thing confirmed.

We have been warning people about this for over 2 months now. at .0015 , you need 50 BTC / DAY of "new BTC" every day just to stabilize the coin. That is not realistic for a coin like VTC. Coins that are "hotter" than this are barely getting 50-200 BTC range per day.

2 years ago people were not aware of inflation but right now everyone is and until VTC halve once or twice nobody that is sane is going to invest much in this as in 1 year from now there is going to be 300% more coins maybe and my investment will have been cute in 1/4th.

Most PoS even if they are trash are stablizing and all PoW are going to the ground and burning in flames. I LOVE VTC but. you know...

The good news is that the inflation issue is now on the table for discussion. That is a very positive sign.
cubevtc

Activity: 496

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 07:37:53 PM

If so, why not raise some fund to to pay the devs for the good work and perhaps hire a community manager who can keep the community better informed with ongoing projects? I'm sure Verters will be happy to donate.

The Vertcoin development team should be paid for their hard work. The Vertcoin community needs to address this and their other concerns. We need to open up a dialog between the community and the team, and come up with a management framework that can support this in a sustainable way. What do you think?

I too support your point of view , VTC community should address this but how ?, should we start community donation for devs ? I am in for it.

+1

We need devs to come out and tell us if they need incentives

We have said, we never want money, but we are thinking about PR.
As you can see, when Vertcoin release alpha testing on SX, no one knows about it. Someone is still thinking it is a coinjoin or another form of Darksend. Someone still doesn't know what is SX. Why is better than other ? Why they should care ?

I mean when Devs have done something, and other people don't know, that's kind of discourage.

We hear you and we believe you are not after money for your great work and vision for Vertcoin.  The community draws many benefits from your kindness and we are thankful to you.  The problem with the market and the public in general, is that they are too busy and too 'layman' to understand that.  Most of us are busy with our day-to-day work and our family life that we hardly have the time to read up and follow the development in the forum threads.  And on and off, some of us would have doubts about whether the Vertcoin developers are being properly paid and can substain their work without pay.  It becomes a confidence issue.  And as it turns up, the public's confidence takes a nose dive when they perceive that the Vertcoin team is no longer answering questions.  Well, in reality it is not true as the dev team is busy with implementing Stealth Address.  BUT the perception, or rather the misperception is there and it spreads like fire.  We need to address this misperception and (lack of) confidence issues.

The Devs have done GREAT WORK and other people don't know. Well, it is true and I bet it will continue to be true until we address the root cause - the public are 'layman', and they are busy laymen with little time to read up and followup things.  SO we need to _constantly and repeatedly communicate out_ the wonderful work of the Vertcoin team and why is SX better, more superior and more appropriate for the mainstream users.  All these GREAT WORK of the Devs and communications need lots of time and efforts to make it successful.  Time and efforts in this modern world unfortunately usually equate to money.  (Hey we all need to pay bills and have our life don't we?)

It is really better for the Dev team to accept donations from the community.  If we are to do the communication right, say getting a PR or a PR team, we need MONEY to do that too.  Donations on an adhoc basis is likely not going to work.  I believe we need a way that can substain for the long haul.  We need to appoint someone from the community to lead this - raise money through regular fund-raising activities and get the right PR people to do the job - talking to the Devs and publishing PR articles/videos/other media in a way where a layman can understand.  What do you think?

zsp

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:43:24 PM

right but if this goes on like this... vtc will be at 1 sat before fpga miners arrive...

the stealth address info made vtc pump to 0.0015 and after that it is going DOWN.

i remember someone talking about VTC considering skein algo. But all those issues should be mentioned heret too.

lets see what happens in the next two weeks.

Everyone is talking about new featureS, but stealth addresses are the one and only thing confirmed.

We have been warning people about this for over 2 months now. at .0015 , you need 50 BTC / DAY of "new BTC" every day just to stabilize the coin. That is not realistic for a coin like VTC. Coins that are "hotter" than this are barely getting 50-200 BTC range per day.

2 years ago people were not aware of inflation but right now everyone is and until VTC halve once or twice nobody that is sane is going to invest much in this as in 1 year from now there is going to be 300% more coins maybe and my investment will have been cute in 1/4th.

Most PoS even if they are trash are stablizing and all PoW are going to the ground and burning in flames. I LOVE VTC but. you know...

Could you explain please why you need 50 BTC / day at 0.0015 price to avoid inflation and why the investment will be 1/4th if the 50 BTC/day doesn't happen?
Jiggy0001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:49:41 PM

every 24 hours 28800VTC are being created(correct me when i am wrong).

when you want to sustain a price at 0.0015 you will have to flood more than 40btc into the market to catch up with that inflation.

and you can be sure that miners are dropping their VTC directly to the exchanges.
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:54:58 PM

when you want to sustain a price at 0.0015 you will have to flood more than 40btc into the market to catch up with that inflation.

and you can be sure that miners are dropping their VTC directly to the exchanges.

I have been mining only VTC for two months and I plan to hold them.
turtoro

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:58:50 PM

I have been mining only VTC for two months and I plan to hold them.

In fairness ymer, you are in the minority. As you know many miners need to take inherent costs into consideration and look for quick profit. This is why being a "miners only" coin is dangerous without other incentives to hold up demand.
Jiggy0001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:04:10 PM

well... June will end in one week, so lets see what happens then.

To me this whole story reminds me the death of Mazacoin. An "active" dev team with "great" ideas didnt catch up and so it died.

0.001 is the threshold... now we are heading to 0.0005 (next threshold). Everything under this value equals DEATH.

less than 6btc left to reach 0.00053 on MP.

The depth chart looks like a death penalty.

silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:06:42 PM

I am happy that the community wake up from deep sleep  Smiley

need to discuss things to clear concept and great the way up

nice by writing constantly in this topic because it goes to the first page in the main forum
turtoro

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:07:42 PM

well... June will end in one week, so lets see what happens then.

To me this whole story reminds me the death of Mazacoin. An "active" dev team with "great" ideas didnt catch up and so it died.

0.001 is the threshold... no we are heading to 0.0005 (next threshold). Everything under this value equals DEATH.

I have a lot more faith then you, and you are the one who is holding and I am the one waiting on the side ready to re-invest with nothing to lose. I have been following this dev team (bush, boris, othe, ben) for a while, they know what they are doing. We shall see.
Jiggy0001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:09:13 PM

well i am holding and constantly buying... but right now i stopped, cause i am ready to see 0.0005 soon(perhaps mid of next week).

lets face the truth.
Pages: « 1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 [522] 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: