Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:08:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232520 times)
FreePls

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:36:02 PM

Boris might me a millionaire by now as he has been mining since Block 1  Wink but he has always been supportive and I am sure he is till holding a lot of coins. and no plans to dump them ever. Congrats on a great coin..

LOL not a millionaire quite yet, but let's hope huh. You are correct though - I've never sold a single VTC to cash anything out, just a very small amount to cover some mining expenses (electricity) early on - I'm hoarding!

Thanks for the positive feedback.

how many vtcs do you have?  Smiley

BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:48:31 PM

More than 1  Cool
shirenlihei

Activity: 159

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:55:58 PM

More than 1  Cool

less than infinity Huh
maxvolts

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:58:59 PM

In this msg it mentions zerocash. casp33r mentioned on the forum that the dev team is no longer considering implementing it and that Boris will be posting an update. I personally think this would be a mistake as it would make vert coin a "total package" coin. There are pros and cons, but in my opinion the pros outweigh the cons. But Im interested in hearing from the team why they decided not to pursue this.

Cheers in advance

Hi Torturo,

We decided against Zerocoin because after weighing up the pros and cons we felt there were substantial risks, both technical and social/political, but mainly the latter (technical hurdles can and will be overcome, I am sure, by other coins that take a different route).

Essentially, it comes down to this: There are very well resourced organizations (eg. governments) that will not stand idly by and permit the widespread adoption of anonymous and untraceable digital payment technology. You might say, you can't put the genie back in the bottle technology wise, but that ignores the obvious issue that if that technology becomes illegal, or the media spins the narrative to associate holding/using those coins with terrorism, paedophilia, fraud, money laundering and various other forms of criminality, there's no way those coins will see widespread adoption.

There will certainly be a choice for people who want anonymity and untraceability, other coins will provide that, but we feel that you can either aim for those features, or you can aim for widespread adoption - you can't have both, it won't be permitted to happen, and we don't have the resources to resist a concerted attack by governments. VTC is aiming for widespread adoption, and that means being acceptable to the mainstream.

Another aspect of that is, the mainstream doesn't really want privacy too much - if they did, they wouldn't sell their personal details to large corporations for a pittance through loyalty card programs etc. They would routinely encrypt their email etc. People don't do those things - the mainstream doesn't care enough. What you or I think personally doesn't really matter here - we're aiming for widespread adoption so we need to give people what they want, not what we think they should want.

So, with that said, what are we going to do? There are big privacy issues with cryptocurrencies as they are now, and we want to address them.

We already have one privacy related project underway (which will be in the first of our regular updates, to be released within the next week or two) and I'm sure others will come along. We intend to strengthen the ability to protect your legitimate desires for financial privacy, whilst maintaining transparency and accountability in the system.

My first thoughts when reading this were damn, we are missing a trick here, and the failure to implement zero coin would be a mistake, BUT after reading your post a couple of times and thinking about it, I feel you guys may be right on this Boris. It's a shame as it would have been advancing vert further in the technological stakes, but looking at it from the social viewpoint, I get it.

turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 10:59:30 PM

In this msg it mentions zerocash. casp33r mentioned on the forum that the dev team is no longer considering implementing it and that Boris will be posting an update. I personally think this would be a mistake as it would make vert coin a "total package" coin. There are pros and cons, but in my opinion the pros outweigh the cons. But Im interested in hearing from the team why they decided not to pursue this.

Cheers in advance

Hi Torturo,

We decided against Zerocoin because after weighing up the pros and cons we felt there were substantial risks, both technical and social/political, but mainly the latter (technical hurdles can and will be overcome, I am sure, by other coins that take a different route).

Essentially, it comes down to this: There are very well resourced organizations (eg. governments) that will not stand idly by and permit the widespread adoption of anonymous and untraceable digital payment technology. You might say, you can't put the genie back in the bottle technology wise, but that ignores the obvious issue that if that technology becomes illegal, or the media spins the narrative to associate holding/using those coins with terrorism, paedophilia, fraud, money laundering and various other forms of criminality, there's no way those coins will see widespread adoption.

There will certainly be a choice for people who want anonymity and untraceability, other coins will provide that, but we feel that you can either aim for those features, or you can aim for widespread adoption - you can't have both, it won't be permitted to happen, and we don't have the resources to resist a concerted attack by governments. VTC is aiming for widespread adoption, and that means being acceptable to the mainstream.

Another aspect of that is, the mainstream doesn't really want privacy too much - if they did, they wouldn't sell their personal details to large corporations for a pittance through loyalty card programs etc. They would routinely encrypt their email etc. People don't do those things - the mainstream doesn't care enough. What you or I think personally doesn't really matter here - we're aiming for widespread adoption so we need to give people what they want, not what we think they should want.

So, with that said, what are we going to do? There are big privacy issues with cryptocurrencies as they are now, and we want to address them.

We already have one privacy related project underway (which will be in the first of our regular updates, to be released within the next week or two) and I'm sure others will come along. We intend to strengthen the ability to protect your legitimate desires for financial privacy, whilst maintaining transparency and accountability in the system.

Considering the industry and where its headed, this is a sensible. The regulatory aspect should not be ignored if a currency is to be adopted in the mainstream which we all feel Vertcoin has the potential to do. My concern was the pandora's box that is opened up with wide crypto adoption and as you said "ability to protect your legitimate desires for financial privacy"'; btc transactions have the potential to be shockingly transparent between friends, neighbors, employer etc. Once Btc matures, i predict that will become a major issue. Lets try to solve it here and now. If Vertcoin can technically solve BTC's shortcomings in this regard while complying with any upcoming crypto regulations, we are golden and growth will be assured.

You mentioned you have more developments regarding this, I encourage you to make it one of the top priorities within the dev team in the near future.

Once again, I tip my hat to you and the team for the active updates and professionalism you have shown.

For those that havent seen it, here is Ben Lawsky (NYDFS) ama on reddit regarding regulations and cryptocurrencies: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ygcil/as_requested_im_ben_lawsky_superintendent_of_the/
moonbat

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:17:14 PM

Hey, great news! We're right on the front page with top billing on http://cryptocoinsnews.com. Here's the direct link to the article http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/20/vertcoin-developer-paul-bradley-talks-zerocoin-asic-resistance/

CrunchHarder Mining Pools https://crunchharder.net
moonbat

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:25:15 PM

Hey, great news! We're right on the front page with top billing on http://cryptocoinsnews.com. Here's the direct link to the article http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/20/vertcoin-developer-paul-bradley-talks-zerocoin-asic-resistance/

Forgot to add, lets get this circulated as widely as possible, if you tweet you can use bitly.com to shorten the url link with hashtag #Vertcoin Cryptocoins News are @CryptoCoinsNews on Twitter. Come on team twitter!

maxvolts

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:32:14 PM

Forgot to add, lets get this circulated as widely as possible, if you tweet you can use bitly.com to shorten the url link with hashtag #Vertcoin Cryptocoins News are @CryptoCoinsNews on Twitter. Come on team twitter!

Great news mate, will get tweeting!

moonbat

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:34:36 PM

Great news mate, will get tweeting!

Nice one Max!

DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 11:44:39 PM

please for the love of god someone help me set up this cards to run 7950 sapphire and r9 270x asus on windows 7 64 bit on 8 gb ram please someone help i have wallet downloaded and synced and got vertminer got me nowhere i will pay you $25 i have posted several times if the issue is you dont want dollars i can pay in bitcoin i have a total of 0.02148 bitcoin lol or i can pay in dogecoins but someone please just help me get set up i see diff going up dont want to join when its a like 5,000 " sarcasm lol " I HOPE  Shocked  i also got teamviewer so we can do this

IF anyone wants to donate some coin my way out of pitty feel free my vtc wallet looks sad with no design and all 0's

VrCtcD3YoStCop9FauXqPz2jX8SbgGH3DL

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
tabjohn

Activity: 149

TABJOHN

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:50:44 PM

please for the love of god someone help me set up this cards to run 7950 sapphire and r9 270x asus on windows 7 64 bit on 8 gb ram please someone help i have wallet downloaded and synced and got vertminer got me nowhere i will pay you $25 i have posted several times if the issue is you dont want dollars i can pay in bitcoin i have a total of 0.02148 bitcoin lol or i can pay in dogecoins but someone please just help me get set up i see diff going up dont want to join when its a like 5,000 " sarcasm lol " I HOPE  Shocked  i also got teamviewer so we can do this

IF anyone wants to donate some coin my way out of pitty feel free my vtc wallet looks sad with no design and all 0's

Use this: http://www.verters.com/vertcoin-hardware-list

TABJOHN
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:51:44 PM

have you tried youtube?

Vertcoin is no different to mining any other coin it just uses a different CGMiner.exe ... try watching videos on setting up Doge or Litecoin Mining once you figure that out.. mining most coins is childsplay

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
tabjohn

Activity: 149

TABJOHN

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:00:51 AM

have you tried youtube?

Vertcoin is no different to mining any other coin it just uses a different CGMiner.exe ... try watching videos on setting up Doge or Litecoin Mining once you figure that out.. mining most coins is childsplay

Exactly Smiley When I started to mine Vertcoin, I just changed miner... and a little changed gpu-clock for better performence. That is all Smiley

TABJOHN
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:01:35 AM

Please remove NIMUE CRYPTOMINING VERTCOIN POOL (http://vertpool.nimuecrypto.com/) from the Vertcoin pool list !!

They don't deserve your hashing power !!

They have raised the withdraw fee to 0.1 VTC !!!

I can't witdraw my CONFIRMED 0.096332 VTC from here because of this change !

Please send an email to dogepool@gmail.com

Email sent to this address, and to the Nimue pool, still no reaction..

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
M-S-K

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:03:25 AM

This is great! Smiley
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 12:06:29 AM

i did try youtube lol found nothing the only thing might be the same BUT i dont use cnminer i use GUIscrypt lol i just pick my card and click " start " LOL im not joking when i say i am a 110% noob

have you tried youtube?

Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:12:21 AM

i did try youtube lol found nothing the only thing might be the same BUT i dont use cnminer i use GUIscrypt lol i just pick my card and click " start " LOL im not joking when i say i am a 110% noob

then now is your time to learn the command line.. most new and innovative coins do not have GUI Miners. so you can either wait until someone makes a GUI based miner for it or learn how to type a few commands into your command prompt.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 12:15:38 AM

last time i tried command i fried my 7970 lol and that was with help of someone who " knew " what they was doing so after that $700 mistake i will not try i rather pay someone

MysticalPotato

Activity: 91

Stop the potato genocide!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:32:17 AM

Someone's playing the VTC market at Cryptsy.
It has dropped down methodically by 14% over the last four hours and the buy orders always puts pressure on the sell orders.

"Politeness induces morality. Serenity of manners requires serenity of mind.” - Julia Ward Howe

Signature space available for a worthy cause
embicoin

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:33:19 AM

last time i tried command i fried my 7970 lol and that was with help of someone who " knew " what they was doing so after that $700 mistake i will not try i rather pay someone

I can help you to configure cgminer and teach how to run it, just pm me with your teamviewer data.

If you want to support my contributions to the crypto space with some caffeine or a beer in form of satoshis: BTC 17z1x4gr1GsjM7Tgh5qYamDNrAx3LvrpTa Wink Thank you very much!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: