Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:52:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232521 times)
Archer13

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:14:49 AM

In 18hours  vertcoin will go up to 0.0042! I will Quote this message tommorow and you will see iam not  saying something stupid..

Ready for liftoff in 20 minutes Smiley
Alcohoin

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:20:18 AM

Can somebody explain me why the vertminer 0.5.3 disappeared from official website download section ? Now from official website, only version 0.5.2 is downloadable.

Also it looks like the modified cgminer disappeared too ? why ? is it possible to still download it somewhere ?

What are you using to mine people ?
pjr77

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:46:33 AM

https://db.tt/rktEodqk vertminer 0.5.3
eskamilio

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:50:37 AM

Can somebody explain me why the vertminer 0.5.3 disappeared from official website download section ? Now from official website, only version 0.5.2 is downloadable.

Also it looks like the modified cgminer disappeared too ? why ? is it possible to still download it somewhere ?

What are you using to mine people ?

I tried using vertmainer but without success, then I switched to a modified CGminer. I am posting here a link to CGgminer that I use on my rig with 4 R9 290 graphics cards . Do not forget to change the settings in cgminer.conf and vertminer.bat files:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99436887/Vertcoin-CGMinerAleksNR3.zip
alc

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:30:01 AM

Ah fucked again by another bullshit coin

NOT RESISTANT to greedy fuckbag mining farms and speculators pump and dumpers.
Only select few elite get to profit.......coin already lost to monopoly...

So then if this coin is so shit hot and the future then
WHO WANTS WANTS TO PAY A FAIR PRICE FOR MY 4 comps with 11 cards @ 9M

No one! I can't find a buyer even at 50% of original they are all 2 months old

What a MAJOR scam and mistake it was getting sucked into ALT's

I got in to kill the banks but now realize we are just helping them.

Alt community are TAKERS worse than bankers

Thanks fuckers for tricking me into loosing 5 years worth of savings with no hope of recovery or profit.
I farm and when your economy crashes and the trucks stop rolling  don't ask me for food.....your coins are as worthless as you are to humanity
You should totally sue the person who held your arm behind your back and made you pay for those rigs...

It is particularly ironic that you're complaining about "greedy fuckbag mining farms". You're doing exactly the same thing they are.

You knew the risks. At least, you should've known - if you didn't, you shouldn't have blown your savings on this stuff in the first place. And really, if you can't get more than 50% of what you paid for your cards by reselling them on ebay then you must've been ripped off something fierce when you bought them.

Caveat emptor.
lnpurnell

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:24:25 AM

Simplifying Vertcoin (and wallet)

I thought I would repost this here from the Vertcoin Reddit thread.

Hi all,  Smiley

If you are invested in crypto-currencies, you will already have an understanding to how this 'virtual' currency can hold a intrinsic value in comparison to 'real' money. You will also understand (at least in principle) the major benefits that this form of currency has over FIAT money and the current disadvantages and security concerns involving crypto-currency.

You will also have an understanding of how to convert you money through exchanges to buy the currency you want. The main issue with this is that a 'layman' person in the real world does not want the complication of having to go through depositing money, finding the best rate on the exchange, transferring that money from the exchange wallet and then finally placing the money into a 'virtual' wallet. All this is multiple steps and multiple points of potential mistakes that people just don't want the hassle of.

What if we (Vertcoin) start to simplify the world of crypto-currency to a point where anyone of your family members can understand and start using this currency in a very short time frame?

There are several barriers for entry for crypto-currencies to the major population at present:

-The ability to buy and sell to and from FIAT currency
-The instability of the market and resolving fluctuations
-The limited understanding of the processes, technologies and operations of all crypto-currencies from a layman point of view
-The ability to pay for products/services via crypto-currency

I am going to focus on the following two as the other barriers have already been looked at:

-The limited understanding of the processes, technologies and operations of all crypto-currencies from a layman point of view

One of the first major steps is to simplify the process of exchanges. New features need to be added to the Vertcoin-qt wallet to simplify the buying, selling, mining and general operation of the currency.

There should be a tab on Vertcoin.qt that enables customers to buy from the wallet, there should just be one figure which displays the 'top buy bid' from an exchange to enable immediate transactions. (Why isn't there an exchange built into vertcoin.qt that utilises P2P to remove the need of centralised exchanges?) This way people do not need to sign up to a separate exchange, rely on trust of that company (mtGox?) and learn the way of the buying and selling on an exchange.

The next part is mining; when we at Vertcoin are asking people to move away from centralised mining pool and on to P2P; we should integrate this feature into the Vertcoin wallet client and reduce the steps of setting up P2P pools. Just think of window in the software that has a version of BAMT that had pre configured mining settings for GPU's and can show trends of the mining information, can auto select P2P pools based on % of pool hash rate and select the lowest fee P2P pools.

The ability to add cold storage private keys to the wallet should be simplified. There should be a button on the UI to allow this. There also should be a option to generate cold storage wallets for users ( I understand this is hard without security issues); it could launch a version of chrome OS and a pre configure HTML page to generate them.

There should be an auto-backup feature to Dropbox or Google drive if the file is encrypted.

I would like to get the discussion going on how we can improve the Vertcoin qt software and simplify the whole process of using crypto-currencies without the use of centralised companies.

Leigh.
lnpurnell

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:40:51 AM

Updated Vertcoin Coin Images

This is an updated version of the Vertcoin Coin,

These images are free to distribute and use by anyone as long as I have credit for the image (please use my username: lnpurnell)

The reason I chose the gold base for coin was to complete with Bitcoin and not be a silver (2nd place) coin i.e. Litecoin.

https://i.imgur.com/M3oPWpp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/L9ZSSFh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/46rGUjJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hldxldv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/r1aXAx5.jpg

Thanks,

Leigh.
mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:56:29 PM

Very nice!

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
arandy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:12:43 PM

keep getting gpu failure when trying out the vert cgminer on a vertpool. What change should i make in my conf file? it works perfect on regular scrypt with the standard cgminer
Lloydie

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:21:03 PM

Simplifying Vertcoin (and wallet)

I thought I would repost this here from the Vertcoin Reddit thread.

Hi all,  Smiley

If you are invested in crypto-currencies, you will already have an understanding to how this 'virtual' currency can hold a intrinsic value in comparison to 'real' money. You will also understand (at least in principle) the major benefits that this form of currency has over FIAT money and the current disadvantages and security concerns involving crypto-currency.

You will also have an understanding of how to convert you money through exchanges to buy the currency you want. The main issue with this is that a 'layman' person in the real world does not want the complication of having to go through depositing money, finding the best rate on the exchange, transferring that money from the exchange wallet and then finally placing the money into a 'virtual' wallet. All this is multiple steps and multiple points of potential mistakes that people just don't want the hassle of.

What if we (Vertcoin) start to simplify the world of crypto-currency to a point where anyone of your family members can understand and start using this currency in a very short time frame?

There are several barriers for entry for crypto-currencies to the major population at present:

-The instability of the market and resolving fluctuations
-The ability to pay for products/services via crypto-currency

I am going to focus on the following two as the other barriers have already been looked at:

One of the first major steps is to simplify the process of exchanges. New features need to be added to the Vertcoin-qt wallet to simplify the buying, selling, mining and general operation of the currency.

There should be a tab on Vertcoin.qt that enables customers to buy from the wallet, there should just be one figure which displays the 'top buy bid' from an exchange to enable immediate transactions. (Why isn't there an exchange built into vertcoin.qt that utilises P2P to remove the need of centralised exchanges?) This way people do not need to sign up to a separate exchange, rely on trust of that company (mtGox?) and learn the way of the buying and selling on an exchange.

The next part is mining; when we at Vertcoin are asking people to move away from centralised mining pool and on to P2P; we should integrate this feature into the Vertcoin wallet client and reduce the steps of setting up P2P pools. Just think of window in the software that has a version of BAMT that had pre configured mining settings for GPU's and can show trends of the mining information, can auto select P2P pools based on % of pool hash rate and select the lowest fee P2P pools.

The ability to add cold storage private keys to the wallet should be simplified. There should be a button on the UI to allow this. There also should be a option to generate cold storage wallets for users ( I understand this is hard without security issues); it could launch a version of chrome OS and a pre configure HTML page to generate them.

There should be an auto-backup feature to Dropbox or Google drive if the file is encrypted.

I would like to get the discussion going on how we can improve the Vertcoin qt software and simplify the whole process of using crypto-currencies without the use of centralised companies.

Leigh.
Absolutely awesome ideas.
deky_

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:21:11 PM

Trade Talk + Developer AMA Details (March 5, 2014):

http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/1zmea1/trade_talk_developer_ama_details_march_5_2014/

VTC Donations : VmdSExjrX9wxVt3mSq2mGXd4bLtNrpyGhJ
Hannilein

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:50:53 PM

Great!
coinader

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:54:39 PM

Vertcoin on Coinader.com now
alc

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:03:31 PM

Why isn't there an exchange built into vertcoin.qt that utilises P2P to remove the need of centralised exchanges?
Because dollars, Euros etc aren't decentralised cryptocurrencies and can't be traded as such without some bridge to fiat, which intrinsically results in mandated centralisation/trust and acceptance of regulation. To put it another way: where, exactly, would your dollars come in? Where would they come out? Via what payment processor?

it could launch a version of chrome OS and a pre configure HTML page to generate them.

Both of these introduce unnecessary security risks.

Just think of window in the software that has a version of BAMT that had pre configured mining settings for GPU's
Re: mining and ease of use, often such questions spring from a misconception that all users of a cryptocurrency should also be miners; this is not necessary and could potentially weaken the network's security by driving dedicated mining operations away and leaving hashing in the hands of casual users whose uptimes and hashrate may be erratic and unpredictable (they may go offline en masse when the Superbowl is on, opening up the network to a 51% attack, just as a silly little hypothetical example). The purpose of mining is to secure the network - the coin reward is there to incentivise sufficient computing power to be reliably, dependably present and working correctly at all times. Making "user-friendly" one-click mining applications is to me like putting training wheels on a racing bike; it doesn't hurt, per se, but if you need that kind of help then you're in the wrong game.
lnpurnell

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:02:35 PM

Why isn't there an exchange built into vertcoin.qt that utilises P2P to remove the need of centralised exchanges?
Because dollars, Euros etc aren't decentralised cryptocurrencies and can't be traded as such without some bridge to fiat, which intrinsically results in mandated centralisation/trust and acceptance of regulation. To put it another way: where, exactly, would your dollars come in? Where would they come out? Via what payment processor?

it could launch a version of chrome OS and a pre configure HTML page to generate them.

Both of these introduce unnecessary security risks.

Just think of window in the software that has a version of BAMT that had pre configured mining settings for GPU's
Re: mining and ease of use, often such questions spring from a misconception that all users of a cryptocurrency should also be miners; this is not necessary and could potentially weaken the network's security by driving dedicated mining operations away and leaving hashing in the hands of casual users whose uptimes and hashrate may be erratic and unpredictable (they may go offline en masse when the Superbowl is on, opening up the network to a 51% attack, just as a silly little hypothetical example). The purpose of mining is to secure the network - the coin reward is there to incentivise sufficient computing power to be reliably, dependably present and working correctly at all times. Making "user-friendly" one-click mining applications is to me like putting training wheels on a racing bike; it doesn't hurt, per se, but if you need that kind of help then you're in the wrong game.

The Bitcoin protocol (from my understanding) has the ability to manage more things than just financial transactions; we could develop it to handle an exchange API to do this.

It would meant that the only issue would be (like you said) handling the FIAT currency; could this not be completed via P2P transfers on the network?

So for example: User 1 logs into his Vertcoin-qt wallet and fills in his bank details, he asks for X number of Vertcoins. The money is taken from his bank account and put into the P2P network.

Now at this point you still have the issue of a single point to where the money enters the network, through a single bank account on a single exchange. But what if the money was deposited in small amounts via multiple bank accounts?

This would mean when a user signs up for Vertcoin-qt they would allow a small amount of money to be sent to and received from their FIAT bank accounts; this would create the chain required to decentralise the network. This needs to be a small quantity of money to remove concern and suspicion from the account holder, but the transactions need to be variable in value to avoid trends that can be picked up by the banks.

It may be controversial, but it is the solution to the single exchange issue.

The money is put into escrow on the P2P networks and selects the top buy order on the P2P exchange.

The Vertcoins are transferred and the Fiat money is released from escrow to the seller.

I understand that this would be a significant undertaking in terms of programming but I think in the long term it would be worth it.

Leigh.
alc

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:26:21 PM

The Bitcoin protocol (from my understanding) has the ability to manage more things than just financial transactions; we could develop it to handle an exchange API to do this.
No API can magically code answers to regulatory issues. You want to play with fiat, you play by fiat rules, or you get sent to prison.

This would mean when a user signs up for Vertcoin-qt they would allow a small amount of money to be sent to and received from their FIAT bank accounts; this would create the chain required to decentralise the network. This needs to be a small quantity of money to remove concern and suspicion from the account holder, but the transactions need to be variable in value to avoid trends that can be picked up by the banks.
You still need to include the account information for where the money goes. At some point your exchange is going to have to actually operate as an exchange (i.e. dollars taken in, coins given out), and any service that does so will need to comply with all relevant legislation.

It may be controversial, but it is the solution to the single exchange issue.
It's neither controversial nor a solution. It's precisely the same problem, just drawn with the exchange missing and a question mark in its place.

I understand that this would be a significant undertaking in terms of programming
You are misunderstanding the nature of the problem. Code isn't the issue; dealing with financial regulators and complying with anti-money laundering laws is the issue.
ottobene

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:51:16 PM

which forecasts for the Vertcoin this year?
mfedorov

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:01:51 PM

Ok, paying so much attention to vertcoin that it was time to get a t-shirt Wink

http://www.zazzle.com/vertcoin_ringer_t_shirt-235207221773397695
mfedorov

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:05:03 PM

Actually, it's a shame they don't accept VTC as payment. Now I am upset I bought it from this store. Ahh
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 04:20:08 PM

the Old VERTCOIN LOGO ?!???

what happens to the price, the difficulty is too large for this price

I'll be back in a few days mining now go to my other coin
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: