Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:48:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232489 times)
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:13:07 PM

I just can't see how asking 200,000 VTC ($200k USD) for 20% of the company and then dumping those 200k coins for BTC would be benefical for Vertcoin.

Hi Ymer.

Is really that the case?
I've been reading and didn't read about the dumping for BTC.
Could you share that info?

Thanks,
mega

fluffypony said that in his IPO thead in the marketplace forum, he then later edited the OP to change that. here's the original quote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595754.msg6548987#msg6548987

The IPO is going to raise a total of 200 000 VTC. To do this, VertPay will authorise 1 million shares (1 000 000), and issue a block of 200 000 of them at a nominal value of 1 VTC each. On Monday, May 12th, 2014, a Vertcoin deposit address will be made available on the VertPay.com website, and investors will be able to send a round number of Vertcoin to that address. Vertcoin received will immediately be converted to Bitcoin in order to be stored in a multi-signature wallet in order to prevent the misuse of invested funds by any person within the company. In the event of an oversubscription of issued shares, VertPay's management team will decide whether to issue new shares to meet the oversubscription, or whether to refund those that have invested too late.

And in some point he backpedalled and edited it to this after the backslash and being called a scam:

The IPO is going to raise a total of 200 000 VTC. To do this, VertPay will authorise 1 million shares (1 000 000), and issue a block of 200 000 shares at a nominal value of 1 VTC per share. On Monday, May 12th, 2014, a Vertcoin deposit address will be made available on the VertPay.com website, and investors will be able to send a round number of Vertcoin to that address. A portion of the Vertcoin received will be converted to Bitcoin in order to be stored in a multi-signature wallet and thus prevent the misuse of invested funds by any person within the company. In the event of an oversubscription of issued shares, VertPay's management team will decide whether to issue new shares to meet the oversubscription, or whether to refund those that have invested too late.

xgtele

Activity: 288

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:14:43 PM

Is there a way to triple merge mining in non p2p pool?

yep, same question

give-me-coins dies vtc/plx/mon tripple-merged mining. I got wallets from each of the coins home page.
Only problem is I havent yet found an exchange for MON/PLX

Currently PLX can be exchanged here: https://poloniex.com but MON is still on her way to the exchanges...
Kalizar

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:16:07 PM

I just can't see how asking 200,000 VTC ($200k USD) for 20% of the company and then dumping those 200k coins for BTC would be benefical for Vertcoin.

Hi Ymer.

Is really that the case?

Thanks,
mega

fluffypony said that in his IPO thead in the marketplace forum, he then later edited the OP to change that. here's the original quote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595754.msg6548987#msg6548987

The IPO is going to raise a total of 200 000 VTC. To do this, VertPay will authorise 1 million shares (1 000 000), and issue a block of 200 000 of them at a nominal value of 1 VTC each. On Monday, May 12th, 2014, a Vertcoin deposit address will be made available on the VertPay.com website, and investors will be able to send a round number of Vertcoin to that address. Vertcoin received will immediately be converted to Bitcoin in order to be stored in a multi-signature wallet in order to prevent the misuse of invested funds by any person within the company. In the event of an oversubscription of issued shares, VertPay's management team will decide whether to issue new shares to meet the oversubscription, or whether to refund those that have invested too late.

And in some point he backpedalled and edited it to this after the backslash and being called a scam:

The IPO is going to raise a total of 200 000 VTC. To do this, VertPay will authorise 1 million shares (1 000 000), and issue a block of 200 000 shares at a nominal value of 1 VTC per share. On Monday, May 12th, 2014, a Vertcoin deposit address will be made available on the VertPay.com website, and investors will be able to send a round number of Vertcoin to that address. A portion of the Vertcoin received will be converted to Bitcoin in order to be stored in a multi-signature wallet and thus prevent the misuse of invested funds by any person within the company. In the event of an oversubscription of issued shares, VertPay's management team will decide whether to issue new shares to meet the oversubscription, or whether to refund those that have invested too late.

+1
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 06:22:19 PM

Hi Ymer.

Is really that the case?

Thanks,
mega

You're mistaken. We changed it quite soon after the announcement and long before there was backlash (not backslash) or any accusations were thrown around.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595754.msg6561541#msg6561541 for instance.

mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:22:35 PM

Thats some cons!  Undecided

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
styxical

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:23:12 PM

I'm not even bothering with this anymore. This scam was already deflated and taken care of. No point bringing up the past.

I recommend the same for anyone else. If you try to say anything, they will call the others (in on the scam) and login multiple accounts (95% that have had no posting history in VTC). They are literally posting right after each other.

Good luck with your next scam!

Simply repeatedly calling something a scam, does not make it a scam. For all we know, you are a Moolah operative trying to hold down your competition.

If you are truly invested in this coin, your actions look immature and childish and have the potential to push away future investors. We want people building business around VTC.

Claims have been raised against VertPay, now we should back off and let them refute those claims. Their reputation is already tarnished by all this mud slinging - if they want to reinstate faith they will have to raise more proof that they are who they say they are.

You don't agree with VertPay? Fine. Don't invest. But don't actively fight against businesses that want to support our coin. In other words, you've said your bit, now fuck off.
ymer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:25:03 PM

Hi Ymer.

Is really that the case?

Thanks,
mega

You're mistaken. We changed it quite soon after the announcement and long before there was backlash (not backslash) or any accusations were thrown around.

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595754.msg6561541#msg6561541 for instance.

Well then it was my bad, but why was the original plan to dump the coins?
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 06:30:07 PM

We didn't have a working multi-sig wallet for Vertcoin, and I'm not going to risk one person (including myself) having access to all the coins. Multi-sig (3 of 5 in this case) means that three out of five of us designated have to sign each transaction with our private keys. So to steal money from the company we'd need to collude with 2 other people. I don't underestimate the honesty of the people involved, but it's a protection mechanism so there's no temptation.

ymer

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:33:56 PM

We didn't have a working multi-sig wallet for Vertcoin, and I'm not going to risk one person (including myself) having access to all the coins. Multi-sig (3 of 5 in this case) means that three out of five of us designated have to sign each transaction with our private keys. So to steal money from the company we'd need to collude with 2 other people. I don't underestimate the honesty of the people involved, but it's a protection mechanism so there's no temptation.

Well that clears things up for me.
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:35:14 PM

Keep voting for MON on CoinedUp: http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/24yk8a/please_add_mon_vtc_team_release_mergemined_on_vtc/
Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:38:05 PM

+1

If half the people asking if there is an exchange yet voted, we'd have MON on one already!  Wink
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:39:32 PM

Virtcoin.com is live

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:56:47 PM

http://www.dcmagnates.com/vertcoin-aims-higher-with-multiple-resources-and-ambitious-mining-strategy/
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 06:57:56 PM

I'm not even bothering with this anymore. This scam was already deflated and taken care of. No point bringing up the past.

I recommend the same for anyone else. If you try to say anything, they will call the others (in on the scam) and login multiple accounts (95% that have had no posting history in VTC). They are literally posting right after each other.

Good luck with your next scam!
LOL tell that to my wife no point in bringing up the past but she just wont listen  Sad

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
GeminiSimba

Activity: 176

Ain't no party like a Counterparty!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:41:15 PM

Thank you fluffypony for coming on here and spending the time to talk to some of the people who probably have actually been fooled by scams in the past and are not so quick to trust anymore. I would personally urge everyone hear to listen to the most recent ZeroFiat podcast as the entire second half of it is an interview with one of the leaders of Vertpay explaining that they are not just trying to get money from us, they already provided THEIR OWN seed funding from their own pockets, the only reason they are ALLOWING us to invest in it is to give the vertcoin community a chance to have stake in the company. If you actually do a bit of research you will see that vertpay is completely capable of getting their own funding elsewhere if they actually wanted to. You people calling it a scam and not even realizing this is a golden opportunity that didn't need to be offered just disappoint me.

I honestly expected the community of this coin to be full of the most mature and intelligent people of the alt coin space..

"You see, you and I, we believe in life. But you want to fight for it, to kill for it, even to die--for life. I only want to live it."  (Ayn Rand)
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 08:21:41 PM

Thank you fluffypony for coming on here and spending the time to talk to some of the people who probably have actually been fooled by scams in the past and are not so quick to trust anymore. I would personally urge everyone hear to listen to the most recent ZeroFiat podcast as the entire second half of it is an interview with one of the leaders of Vertpay explaining that they are not just trying to get money from us, they already provided THEIR OWN seed funding from their own pockets, the only reason they are ALLOWING us to invest in it is to give the vertcoin community a chance to have stake in the company. If you actually do a bit of research you will see that vertpay is completely capable of getting their own funding elsewhere if they actually wanted to. You people calling it a scam and not even realizing this is a golden opportunity that didn't need to be offered just disappoint me.

I honestly expected the community of this coin to be full of the most mature and intelligent people of the alt coin space..

It would be nice all the people behind Vertpay
provides for us to complete public information about them
- CV
- Facebook profile
- Twitter profile
- Linkedin profile
- i e ....

they must stand with his full identity and take full responsibility for what lies ahead in the future

And of course the most important documents of the registered company to ensure that future investors can check this in all USA registers

should all VTC TEAM declare that they have nothing to do with this project / vertpay /,  because only in this way if we have a future scam will not affect the coin

We live in a world where your closest people to you, stab you in the back, and how to have faith strangers

I wish the success to the VERTPAY project

please continue your discussion at the Official Vertpay topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595754.msg6543624#msg6543624

and this topic is directed towards the development and promotion of VERTCOIN THE NEXT BITCOIN Wink

silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 08:36:53 PM

in the meantime while we discuss some buy 22 000 VTC  Grin in cryptsy
EtBIM

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:07:54 PM

There was a BTC deposit freeze on Cryptsy for hours, the moment they came in the price bumped  Cheesy

BTC: 1PoM7Us1VwPAfULsyTcwjqAeZMjRwiokB4
GeminiSimba

Activity: 176

Ain't no party like a Counterparty!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:59:25 PM

It would be nice all the people behind Vertpay
provides for us to complete public information about them
- CV
- Facebook profile
- Twitter profile
- Linkedin profile
- i e ....

they must stand with his full identity and take full responsibility for what lies ahead in the future

And of course the most important documents of the registered company to ensure that future investors can check this in all USA registers

should all VTC TEAM declare that they have nothing to do with this project / vertpay /,  because only in this way if we have a future scam will not affect the coin

We live in a world where your closest people to you, stab you in the back, and how to have faith strangers

I wish the success to the VERTPAY project

please continue your discussion at the Official Vertpay topic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595754.msg6543624#msg6543624

and this topic is directed towards the development and promotion of VERTCOIN THE NEXT BITCOIN Wink

Why don't you try going to vertpay.com ...  Look at the "team" section, not only are their real names there, even pictures of them..

**EDIT**
The guy in the team list named Riccardo Spagni is the one who was in the last ZeroFiat podcast.

"You see, you and I, we believe in life. But you want to fight for it, to kill for it, even to die--for life. I only want to live it."  (Ayn Rand)
Doom4535

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:40:02 PM

Do you know of any guides or have any suggestions on how to create another share chain for p2pool (I see that vertcoin has a couple).  I'm trying to make one for practice and to see if I can make it friendly with higher intensities; however, I seem to be unable to get my two nodes to to properly sync together... (They get stuck trying to download the share chain (I can't seem to figure out how to get them to create a new one)).

FLAP: FDf1mMgvMU5CxT1vR33iZr5sf9u2Mb4gcr
EXE: EKtwmweMBLtg5xNXp1anofonJsJiao1DYY
free bitcoin lottery
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: