Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:46:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232523 times)
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:25:22 PM

Is there a TDLR summary on what's special about this coin? What sets it apart? Is there anything that makes it better than DRK and DRK's developer?

We're not competing with DRK.

Do your own research and go with whatever is best for you, just don't come back crying later when you have maxed out your credit cards to buy DRK and the bubble bursts right after that Wink

Is there anything in place or planned besides this N-factor component (dont a lot of coins have this now)? Just trying to look ahead and figure out if Vert's sure footing for the next wave.
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:29:11 PM

Is there a TDLR summary on what's special about this coin? What sets it apart? Is there anything that makes it better than DRK and DRK's developer?

Do your own research and go with whatever is best for you, just don't come back crying later when you have maxed out your credit cards to buy DRK and the bubble bursts right after that Wink

Is there anything in place or planned besides this N-factor component (dont a lot of coins have this now)? Just trying to look ahead and figure out if Vert's sure footing for the next wave.

The basics behind VTC is to keep ASICs away forever, if some manufacturer delivers a Scrypt-N adaptive ASIC then the devs will simply move to another algorythm. ASICs are easy to beat because a lot of research and investment has to be put to create one, so we can simply move on right after they release their ASIC and they will never reach ROI making ASICs for Vertcoin a lost cause.
sdersdf2

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:37:08 PM

The basics behind VTC is to keep ASICs away forever, if some manufacturer delivers a Scrypt-N adaptive ASIC then the devs will simply move to another algorythm. ASICs are easy to beat because a lot of research and investment has to be put to create one, so we can simply move on right after they release their ASIC and they will never reach ROI making ASICs for Vertcoin a lost cause.

Haven't other coins adopted this Scrypt-N adaptive factor? Just trying to figure out what makes VTC unique - that seems to be the only secure bet in this market these days.
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:40:28 PM

Haven't other coins adopted this Scrypt-N adaptive factor? Just trying to figure out what makes VTC unique - that seems to be the only secure bet in this market these days.

I just explained it to you, maybe you should just go and buy some DRK.
GeminiSimba

Activity: 176

Ain't no party like a Counterparty!

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:06:19 PM

Some of you who are new here should read one of the latest news articles about us here to get a grasp of our accomplishments, although vertpay is no longer happening but thats fine- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vertcoin-cryptocurrency-continues-market-expansion-175100313.html

"You see, you and I, we believe in life. But you want to fight for it, to kill for it, even to die--for life. I only want to live it."  (Ayn Rand)
omgnaro

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:10:30 PM

Im sorry but
you didnt explain shit. All you said that is that it can adapt just like EVERY OTHER COIN.

The thing that makes VTC unique to me is that its a community built up of miners with good devs. VTC has been pretty stale as of late with innovation however, we will see what the future brings us for now i will continue to hold VTC
Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:13:55 PM

Im sorry but
you didnt explain shit. All you said that is that it can adapt just like EVERY OTHER COIN.

The thing that makes VTC unique to me is that its a community built up of miners with good devs. VTC has been pretty stale as of late with innovation however, we will see what the future brings us for now i will continue to hold VTC

Merged mining.
sdersdf2

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:29:36 PM

Im sorry but

Appreciate the direct and honest answer.
sdersdf2

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:30:58 PM

Some of you who are new here should read one of the latest news articles about us here to get a grasp of our accomplishments, although vertpay is no longer happening but thats fine- http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vertcoin-cryptocurrency-continues-market-expansion-175100313.html

Thanks, and ymer... never mind.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:49:40 PM

DRK isn't favored by miners... it's unprofitable even if you factor in the lower power consumption.

It depends on how much one pays for electricity really. In Europe it can get pretty bad (>0.40$ / kwh).

Do the math and let me know.

No coin is profitable to mine for me (~0.34 euro per kwh). DRK is the least loss-making coin.

You can play around with coinwarz and check different electric prices to see how electricity cost affects profitability.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:54:34 PM

Merged mining.

Innovation = you bring something new. Namecoin was being merged-mined like 3 years ago.

For every claim of a "good dev team" the question should be: Show me what have they developed.

They should be able to demonstrate something. Right?
sdersdf2

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:06:56 PM

Merged mining.

Innovation = you bring something new. Namecoin was being merged-mined like 3 years ago.

For every claim of a "good dev team" the question should be: Show me what have they developed.

Yes, I think the last couple months clearly show that it's a "show me" market now - not as much tolerance for promises/platitudes that aren't backed by substance, or for coins that don't have something unique in place or planned.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:13:53 PM

Merged mining.

Yes, I think the last couple months clearly show that it's a "show me" market now - not as much tolerance for promises/platitudes that aren't backed by substance, or for coins that don't have something unique in place or planned.

Exactly. The time where people were joining on 50 news coins per day is over. Now it's you either deliver or you get obliterated. Changing the hash to something else to avoid ASICs is something that ANY coin can do. It doesn't need a "great dev team", just the willingness of a coin creator to do so.

Since ASIC resistance is the main selling point of Vert, it will need to deliver something right there. Perhaps develop a new hash function that is not even GPU-mineable / can't be ASIC'ed. Otherwise its promise to simply change the hash is something that anyone can do.

If it can also do stuff on other fronts, even better. It's unacceptable for top20 coins to still have clone-coin mentality.
dotnetmin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:28:40 PM

Merged mining.

Exactly. The time where people were joining on 50 news coins per day is over. Now it's you either deliver or you get obliterated. Changing the hash to something else to avoid ASICs is something that ANY coin can do. It doesn't need a "great dev team", just the willingness of a coin creator to do so.

Since ASIC resistance is the main selling point of Vert, it will need to deliver something right there. Perhaps develop a new hash function that is not even GPU-mineable / can't be ASIC'ed. Otherwise its promise to simply change the hash is something that anyone can do.

If it can also do stuff on other fronts, even better. It's unacceptable for top20 coins to still have clone-coin mentality.

it´s nice to see how good vtc is doing today wilh a lot of people need btc to go into DRK. ( BC seems to loose a lot )

ALSO - MON is back on the track - looks like the pools dumped their stock and now we find a price that compares to Nethash and diff
EtBIM

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:33:28 PM

There's not many coins out there willing to avoid ASICs at all costs. And there is no hash function that would be CPU-mineable and not GPU-mineable.

These scrypt ASICs capable of mining Scrypt-N you speak of, are just smoke right now, we'll judge when we'll see hashrates for Vertcoin, in the meantime Vertcoin is still perfectly ASIC-resistant.

You're asking "what has vertcoin's team developped?" and then "what innovation is there with this coin?", so which one is it ?
Because they obviously developped this new Scrypt-N-Adaptative into this coin, merged-mining, and there are stealth adresses to come, and I might be forgetting stuff.

BTC: 1PoM7Us1VwPAfULsyTcwjqAeZMjRwiokB4
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:43:37 PM

Im sorry but

Pretty much the same thought here. It has lost the buzz, but i has a good dev group behind it. I am hoping that will amount to something.
GeminiSimba

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:45:50 PM

I'm going to smash this whole conversation with the most simplistic explanation that will honestly blow away all technical innovations that people think are what matters the most. ADOPTION CAPABILITY!  The average joes out there who are getting into the alt coin space like vertcoins brand, we were the first to openly say NO ASICS! Our logo looks professional, we are not a meme, we have merchant adoption.

We have community, we have consistent dev backing who wish the coin to succeed for all the right reasons and none of the greedy reasons. At the end of the day lets be honest, any clone with the right dev can do just about everything we are doing, but you know what, those other coins don't have our community, they don't have zerofiat and david seaman, they don't have what we have and what we have is more adoption capability due to intangible circumstances that even if other coins do all the technical innovations in a similar way they will not exactly be on par with us.

Hey, in the exotic car world right now there are 3 hyper cars recently released that all decided to involve electric engines in their vehicles all at the same time, LaFerrari, Mclaren P1, and Porsche 918. All 3 can be considered clones from a technological standpoint, the difference is the brand and community that follow each of those cars which makes a situation where all 3 will be highly successful in their industry. Vertcoin is a hypercar and even if other hypercars come along it will not diminish our overall value or potential to be just as successful or more so in the alt coin space!

"You see, you and I, we believe in life. But you want to fight for it, to kill for it, even to die--for life. I only want to live it."  (Ayn Rand)
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:08:16 PM

There's not many coins out there willing to avoid ASICs at all costs. And there is no hash function that would be CPU-mineable and not GPU-mineable.

These scrypt ASICs capable of mining Scrypt-N you speak of, are just smoke right now, we'll judge when we'll see hashrates for Vertcoin, in the meantime Vertcoin is still perfectly ASIC-resistant.

You're asking "what has vertcoin's team developped?" and then "what innovation is there with this coin?", so which one is it ?
Because they obviously developped this new Scrypt-N-Adaptative into this coin, merged-mining, and there are stealth adresses to come, and I might be forgetting stuff.

Scrypt-N is just "tweaked" Scrypt. Merged mining is 3yr old stuff. Stealth addresses are not Vert's invention / innovation, etc etc.

One needs to be able to discern between innovation and snake oil. Mobile wallets and stuff are fancy but they will not make a coin stand out or attract serious money (which will make the price rise and make miners and small time investors happy).

GeminiSimba

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:17:22 PM

I find it funny that people that are into some other crypto are in this forums consistently trying to downplay our coin. I have never once hung out in darkcoins forum or auroracoin or quark or any coin I wasn't interested in and just started talking down their coin. I have hung out in other coins forums and asked about their model and aspirations and I respected what they said and if I didn't agree that is fine but who are you guys in this forum who are effectively advertising your coin here? We really don't care about darkcoin...

MichBjukenon

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:36:30 PM

Scrypt-N is just "tweaked" Scrypt. Merged mining is 3yr old stuff. Stealth addresses are not Vert's invention / innovation, etc etc.

One needs to be able to discern between innovation and snake oil. Mobile wallets and stuff are fancy but they will not make a coin stand out or attract serious money (which will make the price rise and make miners and small time investors happy).

just stick to drk m8 couse u dont know whats vtc about
Pages: « 1 ... 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: