Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:49:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69828 times)
jmlindn

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:09:33 AM

Not a bad trade at all. I also like to see the lack of panic in your posts during a time when both BTC and altcoins have taken a bit of a beating.
Mr. Net

Activity: 517
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:01:45 PM

Not a bad trade at all. I also like to see the lack of panic in your posts during a time when both BTC and altcoins have taken a bit of a beating.

It seems this coin absolutely meets its purpose as an investment vehicle and holders benefit off the fact that no one wants to move there coins or else they lose some POS action which in turn leaves the coin in very strong hands!

I love it!   Smiley

Money Is Information
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:19:46 PM

It seems this coin absolutely meets its purpose as an investment vehicle and holders benefit off the fact that no one wants to move there coins or else they lose some POS action which in turn leaves the coin in very strong hands!

I love it!   Smiley

Totally agree just look at cryptsy order book, buys in  the 100s & 1000s vs sells in the 10s & 20s just a standard expectation now.
You need some patience to stalk the sizeable sells or get your orders filled these days.

I will admit to being a little miffed when Tokyo started this thread as I was trying to get myself to a target position for POS before the cat got out the bag.
In hindsight what looked cheap before was plain stealing and it's still looking like excellent value with rosy returns
Considering the wider market HBN has stood up very well, but is still depressed vs potential. A little calm will get you along way with this one.
Not too long before it will be hard to get your hands on for cheap, people won't sell their stakes as prices increase,
they'll just let some cream float off the top.

jiosefjd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:31:47 PM

interesting stuff
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:53:41 AM

Interested to see the end of the month report Smiley

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:43:50 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 04:04:07 PM by tokyoghetto

hey guys,

thanks for keeping the discussion going in my absence. I will be posting up my end-of-month wrap up either tonight or tomorrow night. Also please check out the main Hobonickels thread, Tranz is working on the "charity" side of the client.

Just imagine this, you tell people to buy HBN and the PoS coins generated get donated to a charity of their choice. This means that they get to keep their principal investment while helping a good cause. This could give hobonickels another angle as to how it can be used by others.

One question I would like to put out there is, will Hobonickels ever go closed-source? Or at least portions of it? It seems like people are just ripping off the hard work of developers like Tranz. Someone could just take the charity idea and pimp it out as their own.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:00:36 PM

One question I would like to put out there is, will Hobonickels ever go closed-source? Or at least portions of it? It seems like people are just ripping off the hard work of developers like Tranz. Someone could just take the charity idea and pimp it out as their own.

I have a hard time seeing Tranz doing this, simply because Tranz likes others to see the work he has done so that it can be potentially improved upon. HBN was designed as a community dev project, and Tranz found problems with the initial implementation of it and was able to fix it, and after that took the lead.  If it wasn't for open source, Tranz would not be the dev.

Now maybe there is some room to add a closed source wallet attachment, or wallet client that has the extra features?  Might be worth looking into, but at the end of the day it is Tranz's call and I will put my support behind his decision.

TG, looking forward to your summary.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:09:25 PM

Presstab, you are correct. Open-source has gotten HBN this far, so no real reason to make the client closed-source. Having said that, closed-source add-ons can give the main client a boost and increase the value of HBN.

tokyoghetto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:15:26 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 01:31:28 AM by tokyoghetto

This journal has over 10,000 views!!! Thanks Everyone!

I finally have time to do the book keeping and do my wrap up for the month. Its been a good month for HBN. While most alts have been decimated and the derps keep chasing dragons with scamcoin pump and dumps, most hobos, including myself, have done very well.

Here are the numbers

March:

PoS coins mined: 6433.964225 HBN
Orphans: stopped counting
Biggest PoS block: 290.136065 HBN

Year Total:

PoS coins mined: 13109.431849 HBN
Orphans: no clue
Biggest PoS block: 874.411018 HBN

Account Size:

88830.046328  HBN

I have sold 11000 HBN to date. Although I would have loved to compound the PoS coins, I observed some trading opportunities in other markets. Since the coins sold are only PoS mined coins, then using the profits else where fits well with my trading plan. I am still maintaining my core position.

If you guys see the journal address, it shows only 78863.233563 HBN. I moved some coins over to another address which holds 10549.590207 HBN. These two addresses make up the journal, I decided to give multiple wallets a try so that is the reason for the two wallets. So the second address is Eq1c3DCggLwezQcXPbciYVSgaGd3feAcXS and the main address is F279k6BLzn9YPh2ARx35jo2HPLJL2S8cHr. These two addresses combined actually put me in 6th place on the richlist, and not 8th as you see. I also put these two address up so that anyone can verify the amounts and the inputs/outputs of the wallets. I want to be transparent and let everyone know that this journal is "block-chain" verifiable.

I have gotten a good start to April's PoS mining. I feel asleep watching some documentaries last night and had the wallet running. Woke up this morning to find some freshly minted coins in my wallet. I am still well below my "1 BTC" of HBN, so these coins, along with the others, will continue to compound and stake. see another reason below.

ASICS are coming, hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

So we all know that Scrypt ASICS are here. The next fews months are crucial on how we handle our investment. We all know that ASICS had a part in the run up in the price of BTC. The answer is simple, when coins get really hard to mine, the logical thing to due is to buy them. We all know that coins like HBN, PHS and NVC are incredibly hard to mine with current hardware. all it takes is a few KNC Titan miners to secure these blockchains and you can forget about average joe with his GPUs getting coins for himself. We all know that a properly maintained and secured PoW/PoS blockchain is valuable. I believe that HBN will reward the long-term players a hundred fold.

So if you have the discipline and the mindset of a professional, then waiting a few months to see how big time Scrypt ASICS affect HBN is not hard. Feel free to take some profit off the table, how you determine that is up to you. But I would suggest that you guys keep a core position and trade around it. Best of luck to everyone, I hope you guys are having as much fun as I am minting HBN.

Final thought

“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”

― Albert Einstein

I think he would approve of this journal.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:47:49 AM

Ha ha ha glad you finally stopped counting PoS orphans, as they aren't really a loss of anything.

Staking looks nice, I am jealous.  Concerning scrypt asics coming, I am of the mindset that it will only make HBN more valuable. My reasoning is that right now a block of HBN is equivalent to a certain hash rate.  When difficulty goes up in the future, the same block of HBN will be equivalent to a higher hash rate. I am guessing it should be that simple, and that those interesting in mining will begin to head towards PoS/PoW hybrids that are somewhat immune to the affects of asics.

Keep up the staking, and also did you notice the new wallet positioned in 3rd on the rich list?  Someone is giving you a run for your money.

MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 01:56:34 PM

How often is the rich list updated, continuously?
http://hbn.blockx.info/richlist
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:03:37 PM

Wow there is a richlist?  Shocked
And I am at the top 100  Roll Eyes
aiming for top 10

ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:09:37 PM

aiming for top 10
Remember someone might control multiple of those wallets.

Does anyone know the people behind these large wallets? Are they exchanges?
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:50:54 PM

How often is the rich list updated, continuously?
http://hbn.blockx.info/richlist

Yes these are maybe only 2-3 blocks behind at any given moment, so only a two minute lag.

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:54:08 PM

aiming for top 10

Yes, maybe. But perhaps this whole forum is a one-man-effort and so are all the currencies. In this anonymous world you never know! Cheesy

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:57:12 PM

aiming for top 10

Obviously Tranz, the lead dev, will be a large stakeholder - but the question is does Tranz have a large wallet, or many wallets instead?  No one really knows - and for privacy reasons we don't need to know.

My personal guess is that the current 2nd largest wallet http://hbn.blockx.info/get/address/Evg3P2W4sdfEbXsN1p5YxbE84hJFYmAnjQ is Cryptsy. HBN was added to cryptsy early on, as it originally started as an idea on Cryptsy chatrooms.  This wallet hasn't been staked, which gives me the impression that it is an exchanges reserves.

...My wallet... well lets just say I wish I had as large of a wallet as TG does.

lucazane
Legendary

Activity: 1198

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:07:20 PM

My personnal HBN wallet is on the top 100 :p

The Blocks Factory Mining POOL : DGB(sha256d, Skein, Qubit, Groestl & Scrypt), FTC
rgm108

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:24:40 PM

Mine is not on the list... yet.  Wink

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 05:26:57 PM

What about tekcoin? It seems to have the most generous POS rates, with 40% per month!!!

mighty jol

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:01:40 PM

yaeah i bought some tek about 15 days ago, waiting for coins to age a month and i'll see if it stakes well. community is not super active tought, but i guess it s ok

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: