Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:01:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HBN Investment Journal - 2% returns every ten days - 90,000+ HBN Porfolio  (Read 69826 times)
mighty jol

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:37:31 PM

well yeah but the maximum coin age would have to be way longer (>6months) and unfortunately that doesn't exist yet. or at least i did'nt hear about it.
the longest maximum coin age i can think off is tek's one : 2months

not all coins are relying on stakes based on the network size so some of them have flat interests rate

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:25:25 PM

Are we sure that the stake rate is based off of coin days?  I was under the impression that although stake weight stops building in 20 days (supposed to be 30 but needs a hard fork to fix it) that interest will still build passed 20 days.  Anyone have mature blocks to test this on?

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
mighty jol

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:30:20 PM

i do have one mature block of 1.7 hbn that has been there for around 25 days, do you want me to screenshot and check how it stakes? it is a very small block so i don't know how much time it will take but might be worth trying

presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:36:15 PM

i do have one mature block of 1.7 hbn that has been there for around 25 days, do you want me to screenshot and check how it stakes? it is a very small block so i don't know how much time it will take but might be worth trying

What you should do is wait until it stakes. Then after it stakes get the amount generate by the stake and divide it by 1.7. Then divide that by the number of days it took. So for example if it staked today and the rate didn't get cut off at 25 then it would be something like a generation of 0.085 HBN and then divide by 1.7 HBN = 5% and then change into a daily rate 5%/25=0.2% and then times by ten to compare it to the ten day rate that HBN posts as the official rate so 2%.

So you need to do those calcs after the stake.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
mighty jol

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:41:52 PM

ok no problem. i'll just wait for it to stake then (didn't know this block would have any use anytime soon XD )
i was planning on combining it after staking anyway.
will share the results as soon as it stakes

Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:01:49 AM

Are we sure that the stake rate is based off of coin days?  I was under the impression that although stake weight stops building in 20 days (supposed to be 30 but needs a hard fork to fix it) that interest will still build passed 20 days.  Anyone have mature blocks to test this on?

The interest is calculated to start at 100% for 1 year.  If you keep a coin offline for 1 year and bring it online, assuming the network weight is still low, you will double your coins, once it stakes. If you hold for 2 year, same assumptions, you will only get 100%. That is the max.

This is not great for the health of the network, but it is allowable, and I don't have any intentions of changing it.

You still get more by running the wallet 24/7 and compounding. But it requires some cost, albeit not much, as I am running off a Pi.  Also running 24/7 is securing the block chain, thereby making your coins more valuable and secure.

So the best practice is to simply grab a stake, and let the wallet do the rest. It will stake and split for a long time. In fact it will combine blocks automatically once they get to small!  So just let the wallet do the work, and sit back and enjoy..  Grin

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
mighty jol

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:56:11 AM

wait, the wallet combines blocks being too small? what is the treshold for that? is there a way to modify it in the parameters? (had no idea it was doing it on itself so i kept combining them manually as soon as it goes down 1 hbn)

rgm108

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:29:29 AM

Thanks for the clarification Tranz.
I'll keep staking ASAP every time a block is mature.
Patience is a big friend when looking at compound interest.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:09:17 PM

Yeah, if the wallet is auto-combining that is definitely news to me. I was leaving it be but then everyone keeps claiming that combining into bigger chunks produces a bigger return over time so I just combined all my small pieces (anything under like 25hbn) together to see if I stake better.
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:44:03 PM

Hobonickels price is going up. Man I Like this coin.

Diff from 1.8 to 13.

Good times.
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:30:04 PM

Yeah, if the wallet is auto-combining that is definitely news to me. I was leaving it be but then everyone keeps claiming that combining into bigger chunks produces a bigger return over time so I just combined all my small pieces (anything under like 25hbn) together to see if I stake better.

I calculated returns based on small and big block scenarios.  Big blocks have a slight advantage but that assumes you combine blocks right after stake... So might have a disadvantage if you calculate lost age.

The more I lists. To Tranz the more I think everyone should aim to have small blocks that are up for stake.  The more blocks you have with weight the safer hbn will be against attacks. 

unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:31:36 PM

In fact it will combine blocks automatically once they get to small!  So just let the wallet do the work, and sit back and enjoy..  Grin

Shocked for real? what is the threshold?

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
unick

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:25:56 PM

I love these prices

Another 85 cents to go  Grin

Nice and steady raise, who doesn't love that ?

And 75 cents to go Grin

EDIT: broke the 1M$ market cap   Cheesy

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
mighty jol

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:50:22 PM

anyone knowing another investment journal on this forum (want to get more info about what coins are out there and what they might be worth soon). btw tokyoghetto i would like to know what you think of the actual asiacoin,? seems to be a good investment long-term (as there is no cap on the coin age you can get, so  i plan on set-and-forget a trade on this for like 3-4 months)

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:12:00 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 09:28:35 PM by Tranz

In fact it will combine blocks automatically once they get to small!  So just let the wallet do the work, and sit back and enjoy..  Grin

Assuming I am reading the code correctly, and assuming it is not bugged. The wallet will try to combine any stake input that is less then 1.6. So if you have a .25 that is up for stake, it may try to combine it with another stake of .25 or smaller, just so long as the total is under the threshold.

Now I have not seen this happen on my wallet, and I haven't put this through serious test, so it might need a bit of work. But from what I gather that is how it should work..

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
unick

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:48:36 PM

Assuming I am reading the code correctly, and assuming it is not bugged. The wallet will try to combine any stake input that is less then 1.6. So if you have a .25 that is up for stake, it may try to combine it with another stake of .25 or smaller, just so long as the total is under the threshold.

Now I have not seen this happen on my wallet, and I haven't put this through serious test, so it might need a bit of work. But from what I gather that is how it should work..

That is kind of sweet Smiley

Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:18:39 PM

Hey Unick while I got your attention. I put some changes on my github for the Mac. would you mind to give them a test compile and PM any problems. I tried to fix the doc issue and the button issue on the overview page.

dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:19:54 PM

Ok we cracked a quarter per hobonickel, now $5 per hbn please  Grin
unick

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:17:56 AM

Hey Unick while I got your attention. I put some changes on my github for the Mac. would you mind to give them a test compile and PM any problems. I tried to fix the doc issue and the button issue on the overview page.

will do this weekend

Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 01:27:22 AM

The high interest rate is quite fun. Once in a while I start my wallet and watch the mining notification keep coming up.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: