Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange  (Read 162047 times)
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:48:35 PM

I would encourage more people to invest if they can, all these coins could still end up in only a few wallets and that doesn't really help the coin.

I am trying to free up some funds but I'm stuck as I made a bad call 3 days a go Sad

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:15:54 PM

I would encourage more people to invest if they can, all these coins could still end up in only a few wallets and that doesn't really help the coin.

I am trying to free up some funds but I'm stuck as I made a bad call 3 days a go Sad

I would invest a little (0.5 BTC maybe) if there was an escrow, or the BTC address was Ryan, and the first 0.99 BTC investor was proven to be someone real.
LordPiccolo

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:07:29 PM

I would invest a little (0.5 BTC maybe) if there was an escrow, or the BTC address was Ryan, and the first 0.99 BTC investor was proven to be someone real.

I think there would be a few more investors has there been an escrow.

Too many people have been scammed and burned with IPO's in the past, granted some people have been stupid.

Any news on getting the coin back on poloniex?

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
stevenb

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:22:06 PM

I think there would be a few more investors has there been an escrow.

Too many people have been scammed and burned with IPO's in the past, granted some people have been stupid.

Any news on getting the coin back on poloniex?
People are worrying the coin creator going to scam a few BTC, it's not that much to scam.

I offer escrow for 2% fee. If Captainhook failed to delivery the coin, i will return your BTC in full.

Contact me if you need.

KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:24:13 PM

I hope people investing now must be prepared to make icoin a success as they become majority shareholder
LegendaryPredecessor

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:18:47 PM

I'm willing to invest in iCoin. I'm willing to make this coin big. But before I invest:

Does the team go on with updating the coin, support etc.? Or is it just going to drop dead after that?
Reverb

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:26:18 PM

I'm willing to invest in iCoin. I'm willing to make this coin big. But before I invest:

Does the team go on with updating the coin, support etc.? Or is it just going to drop dead after that?

Ofcourse its not going to drop dead after the IPO!
LordPiccolo

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:52:15 PM

No way will it drop dead, as soon as it's back on poloniex, I'll do a 1000 iCoin give away Smiley

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
onepremise

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:56:49 PM

I've actually been mining iCoin since the initial release, or what i thought to be the initial release. It seems like iCoin has been out for a while. Why the sudden IPO?
LordPiccolo

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:19:13 PM

I've actually been mining iCoin since the initial release, or what i thought to be the initial release. It seems like iCoin has been out for a while. Why the sudden IPO?

Dev listening to the community. A few folks were not happy about the premine hence the IPO

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
captainhook

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:44:45 PM

IPO Update:

We got 2 more investors:

Investor ID    Amount Invested    Corresponding iCoins
1    0.99 BTC    Updating
2    0.48 BTC    Updating
3    0.25 BTC    Updating
4    0.33 BTC    Updating

Stage 1 going to end soon, only 15 hours left (bitcointalk forum time).

captainhook

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:51:39 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 05:05:38 AM by captainhook

IPO Update:

Stage 1 is ended with total 10 investors and 3.2295 BTC. ICN shares were updated at http://ipo.icoin.pw.

Stage 2 is starting now.

paomian

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:32:33 AM

Look nice, but now too much liar.

KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:45:09 AM

IPO Update:

Stage 1 is ended with total 10 investors and 3.2295 BTC. ICN shares were updated at http://ipo.icoin.pw.

Stage 2 is starting now.

So only 1.5 million of the premine left?

if so that is a good sign, down to 15% of the current coin distribution that is available. After Next week no more premine.
BigRidg7

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:51:00 AM

I'd like to clear my name and assert that I no longer have any involvement whatsoever with iCoin. Broken website, broken picture and design links all over the place, and my last piece of advice upon leaving was taken out of context with about the shoddiest IPO I've ever witnessed, within cryptocurrency or otherwise. I can't relate my skillset with iCoin's outcome and it's a shame to see things weren't handled properly. With that being said, it was a very fun time getting to put iCoin on the map and a great learning experience as to what differentiates a successful currency between one that's struggling. The name iCoin could have been so huge. SO HUGE. The premine should have been spent in it's entirety when it hit momentum stage about 2-3 weeks in. (After blockchain fork and new design upgrades). Don't mean to crap on iCoin, but I do feel obligated to give my honest opinion and clear my name. The sudden jump from 3 IPO investors that were gradual in comparison to "an additional 7" that were tabbed on at the very end was a bit strange to me.

Warmest regards - Ridg

Fast. Simple. Secure. Your currency under your control. www.geticoin.com
OFLO1

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:19:15 AM

I see some decision's been made in case of premine. BigRidg7 don't worry about that. To many scams with IPOs but I felt obligated to iCoin and for the first time I fall for this IPO because of you (not anonymous and very dedicated with good motivation person) and I know you are no longer a part of the team. We can roll-over IPO it is not to late. I think that captainhook will send everything back and then we can use escrow. Lets do it when website, links etc will be working. iCoin is well distributed since many people have been mining this for many weeks, including me, and it was on exchanges. C'mon people don't give up, iCoin still can be huge.

Talking about plan I would like to add something. IMHO algo doesn't have to be changed but I would suggest decrease total coins heavily, block time to 2,5 minutes and do something what is quite fancy now, PoS. Set the distribution stage at something about 4-6 weeks for everybody to catch up. Announce these changes few days before they go live. It will give iCoin awareness. I know that implementation of PoS into a live coin is risky. Shouldn't we take that risk?! We will be checking everything on testnet before go live so maybe it is not that risky as it seems to be.

Suggestions:

Block height - 25 000
Block reward - 5000, maybe some halving along the way
Total coins - 125 mln iCoin
Block time - 2,5 minutes
Difficulty retarget: every block or DGW from darkcoin
Distribution stage - 43 days

stake time, maturity, nominal stake interest to be set. I don't know what could be the best.

But if iCoin dev would change algo to something like X11...with PoS and the name it will be HUGE.
F2C

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:45:02 AM

I'm one of the investors + my machines mining iCoin ....

After I saw that infographic video I was really impressed, creative video style and perfectly done , Then I decided to invest in this currency .. so sad to hear that iCoin team retreated... We would like to know what is the next step and what are the marketing strategies you guys are planing to do   
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:02:19 AM

Those 10 who bought coins in the phase 1, could you confirm that you got your coins, especially "investor id 1", thanks.
captainhook

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:31:39 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 08:51:59 AM by captainhook

Those 10 who bought coins in the phase 1, could you confirm that you got your coins, especially "investor id 1", thanks.
As stated in IPO site and announcement here, coins will be delivered after IPO end, so you will receive your ICN on May 5th.

Investors in Stage 1 please give some comments here or someone would think it's fake.

@BigRidg7: have you read my msg regarding send me back ownership of geticoin.com yet?
@OFLO1: it is too risky to change PoW to PoW/PoS.

nfigueir

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:57:45 AM

Hi all,

I was one of the investors in Stage 1, the BTC amount was real and I received the e-mail as stated in the site in the appropriate time. So, everyting as it should be so far.

As for the reason why there was 1 big investor in the beginning and for most of the time and then on the end so many appeared, I don't know the reason, but I can speculate about it based on my personal case.

I was basically waiting more towards the end of the IPO in order to know it would compensate to buy coins in the IPO or through exchanges. Nobody is here to "loose money" and as such I think everybody likes to make the best deal as possible, specially in my case where I am spending part of my only BTC.

As for the 0.99 initial investor, although I don't know who it is, I can guess that is either someone with many BTCs who does not really care about it, or someone from the initial iCoin team (perhaps CH himself).

Cheers!

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: