Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:37:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange  (Read 162047 times)
minecrew

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

MineCrew

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:44:22 AM

It's bad news that you don't want to be on Cryptsy.  Sad These small exchanges has very small volume. Merchants will not want to sell anything for iCoins because they can't convert iCoins to real dollars.

For example, i buy iPhone for 50000 iCoins. Merchant recieves my iCoins and want to convert them in dollars right now, but he can't do it. Because there's no buy orders. He enters Coinmarket.io and see that there's no buy orders... What he will do next? I think that he will close this method of payment. Why selling something if you can't then get your real money back?

And I understand, why volume is so low now and there are no investors. If it will not going to Cryptsy, it will not grow, and that's why there's no reason to invest. It's the dead circle.

And other situation. iCoin hits Cryptsy. It gets attention, people invest in it. Rate goes to 0.00050000, early miners sell iCoins, investors buy it. Ther iCoin grows and after some time price gets atabilized. Merchant recieve iCoins, enter Cryptsy, sell his iCoins and he is happy.

If I'm not right, you can explain me. But that's how I see the future without Cryptsy or other big exchange.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:06:24 AM

A couple weeks ago, LEAF was doing several hundred BTC worth of volume on a daily basis at coinmarket.io.
If people want it, they'll come get it.
nrhs05

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:42:26 AM

Cryptsy is a double edged sword i agree.  I really think that they would benefit removing coins with broken block chains (yes they keep broken block chains) and coins with dev's who abandoned them.... among other reasons such as premines.  The more coins on the exchange, the more to spread the "wealth distribution".... which ultimately becomes pushed to some coins that really do no deserve them.

btc: bc1q3ll9xul5mpyq5vqgzdwj079xl2gxafhrgr3kq0
minecrew

MineCrew

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:11:21 AM

A couple weeks ago, LEAF was doing several hundred BTC worth of volume on a daily basis at coinmarket.io.

So, your words means, that nobody wants iCoins now. I don't know, what will happen next.

But maybe premine is the main reason? About 7,5 millions coins in circulation and 5.0 millions of them (66%) were premined. After a month, there will be 9 millions in circulation and premine will be 55% of them. Maybe, that's the clue. IDK, but maybe, sometimes, not each day, but sometimes, devs sell some iCoins at the best price to pay for the site and to pay for the job...

And maybe that's why iCoin didn't growth, but falled from 5000 to 2800 after release? And it can't be explained by BitCoin crash. All coins already grew back but iCoin didn't.
Viperbass

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:56:08 AM

So, your words means, that nobody wants iCoins now. I don't know, what will happen next.

But maybe premine is the main reason? About 7,5 millions coins in circulation and 5.0 millions of them (66%) were premined. After a month, there will be 9 millions in circulation and premine will be 55% of them. Maybe, that's the clue. IDK, but maybe, sometimes, not each day, but sometimes, devs sell some iCoins at the best price to pay for the site and to pay for the job...

And maybe that's why iCoin didn't growth, but falled from 5000 to 2800 after release? And it can't be explained by BitCoin crash. All coins already grew back but iCoin didn't.

Hey Minecrew,

Just to let you know already almost 20% of the premine has been spent on Promotions, giveaways, services, website, translations etc etc so we are down to around 4.1 million or so left. Like I say from next month we have some big marketing that is taking place as well as contacting merchants to accept iCoin.

We have plans in place for the community to effectively use the premine and if anyone would like to get involved with iCoin , below is the link in which the premine will be distributed, so anyone can get involved.

http://geticoin.com/distribution/

We also have a 6th option which we will introduce down the line which I think everyone will love.

Gravity

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:13:19 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 05:36:54 AM by Gravity

This coin has AMAZING potential but like I have said before you will have to go outside of the crypto community and straight into mainstream. Merchants will be more then willing to take 10 000 iCoin even if
there is no buyers on the exchanges for a chance that this coin could excel, look at the 10 000 bitcoin for a pizza example.

The one potential problem is your developer, he updated us more when he was in the hospital... the digibyte developers are constantly updating the community.

I know the rest of the team is communicating and maybe the dev is using TeamICoin to update us, but captainhook account has been extremely quiet since he got back and
we were told he would be more active on the forums.

With that being said it's really good that a android application is being developed for iCoin .

stevenb

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:30:19 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 05:48:22 AM by stevenb

Some premine coins:

- Pandacoin PANDA 3% premine that is 90% of total mined coins. Sold 1% for 250 BTC IPO.
- Ultracoin UTC 50% premine, currently accounted for 95% of mined coins. Sold over 100 BTC IPO.
- iCoin ICN 1% premine. No IPO yet.

If you don't like premine, don't invest in it. No one forces you to buy or mine iCoin. Don't post silly comments.

If i could buy 30-50% from that Premine, i would pump it 10x or more from current price with around 150 BTC to spend.

The problem doesn't come from Captainhook nor source code, it's already good, very fast sync,working stable and nice graphic.
The problem is Devs have no money to pump it. Check Pandacoin, they use 250 BTC from IPO to pump it and net hash is growing amazing.

Stop blaming about premine or someone, come up with IPO plan and anyone can invest in iCoin.

wing_hk

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:22:09 AM

Some premine coins:

- Pandacoin PANDA 3% premine that is 90% of total mined coins. Sold 1% for 250 BTC IPO.
- Ultracoin UTC 50% premine, currently accounted for 95% of mined coins. Sold over 100 BTC IPO.

If you don't like premine, don't invest in it. No one forces you to buy or mine iCoin. Don't post silly comments.

If i could buy 30-50% from that Premine, i would pump it 10x or more from current price with around 150 BTC to spend.

The problem doesn't come from Captainhook nor source code, it's already good, very fast sync,working stable and nice graphic.
The problem is Devs have no money to pump it. Check Pandacoin, they use 250 BTC from IPO to pump it and net hash is growing amazing.

Stop blaming about premine or someone, come up with IPO plan and anyone can invest in iCoin.

I agree. Btw it should be 2% instead of 50% for UTC premine.
minecrew

MineCrew

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:34:53 AM

Some premine coins:

I shoul come with IPO plan? I've already invested some BTC in this coin. Yes, I'm worried about KGW and Cryptsy. Want coin to grow and earn me some money.

I won't sell these iCoins because I think, that I already lost money on them and don't want to lose more.
TeamICoiN (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:53:27 AM

Breaking News

Kimoto Gravity change will occur sometime next week, we will confirm the block once the final test has been completed. This will also give us time to let the exchanges know
and before we take iCoin mainstream.

One of the reasons we have been holding off is we didn't want new users to crypto to have to update the wallet so soon.

There will also be something extra included in the wallet that I am sure you will all appreciate. Smiley

stevenb

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:59:14 AM

Breaking News

Kimoto Gravity change will occur sometime next week, we will confirm the block once the final test has been completed. This will also give us time to let the exchanges know

One of the reasons we have been holding off is we didn't want new users to crypto to have to update the wallet so soon.

There will also be something extra included in the wallet that I am sure you will all appreciate. Smiley

So we can pump the coin without worry of Multipool right? Great news!!!

TeamICoiN (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:01:17 AM

Breaking News

So we can pump the coin without worry of Multipool right? Great news!!!

Exactly, we have also just applied to coinwarz and coinmarketcap so the sooner this gets done the better. We also want to protect our dedicated miners from multi-pool abuse.
sq

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 07:05:25 AM

Shocked

minecrew

MineCrew

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:12:53 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 09:40:30 AM by minecrew

Breaking News

Ok, I'll buy +15000
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:43:56 AM

Breaking News

This is the best news I could of heard for iCoin, it will make those involved into Cryptos a lot more confident when investing in iCoin whether it be mining or buying.

For the mainstream public you targetting they won't know the difference but multi-pools would definitely kill the coin off if people wanted to buy more and no one wants to mine it.

Great news!

Once the change goes live I will buy up some more, looking forward to seeing how you market this coin to the world, it really deserves to be out there.
TeamICoiN (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:08:19 AM

We have officially announced the change here, closer to the time we will announce it on twitter and facebook.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=466620.0
Symbiont

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:00:36 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 10:21:37 AM by Symbiont

Some premine coins:

I like iCoin, I mined iCoin, I bought some more iCoin and I will hold my iCoins. This coin could have a great potential.

The change to KGW at this early stage of the coin is a good decision. It´s a really great news.

I don´t have a problem with a 1% pre-mine, if the dev is working for it and have a long term concept. The iCoin dev looks like they have a concept.

5.000.000 coins = 500.000 blocks x 3 minutes = 104 days of mining. That´s a lot and I can understand, why some people are thinking, that it seems to be a little bit greedy.

The first reward halving will be after 250 days. At the end of this first stage there will be 17.800.000 million coins. At (only) 5.000 satoshi this will be worth 890 BTC = $580.000. With a good marketing and some luck 50.000 satishi or even much more could be possible.

The new logo and the new website are some good steps. I although believe that we could have success in the market with this great name. This name is worth a lot.

To build up more trust at the community it could be a good thing for the dev to be very transparent. At this stage the community will be the tipping point. I would recommend to make the dev coin addresses visible at the OP and to make a list with all spendings and bounties. Nobody is working for nothing, but tell the people a little bit more how you will spend some of your coins for the success of iCoin. After this the people will see, why you need a pre-mine.

Edit:
If we have to make a hard fork, it could be a good thing to think about some more changes to make iCoin more unique. Maybe a feature like NeoCoin (users can send instant messages with encryption within the client to another clients wallet) or a coin mixer or...

In my opinion the block time should be < LTC. I would like a block time < 1 Minute. LPC for example has a block time of 15 sec. and it´s working nice.
cointopic

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:55:19 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 08:13:48 PM by cointopic

BigRidg7

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:35:48 AM

That is beautiful brother! I love what you've done to the front ANN banner as well Smiley

Fast. Simple. Secure. Your currency under your control. www.geticoin.com
BigRidg7

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:58:33 AM

Some premine coins:

I like iCoin, I mined iCoin, I bought some more iCoin and I will hold my iCoins. This coin could have a great potential.

The change to KGW at this early stage of the coin is a good decision. It´s a really great news.

I don´t have a problem with a 1% pre-mine, if the dev is working for it and have a long term concept. The iCoin dev looks like they have a concept.

5.000.000 coins = 500.000 blocks x 3 minutes = 104 days of mining. That´s a lot and I can understand, why some people are thinking, that it seems to be a little bit greedy.

The first reward halving will be after 250 days. At the end of this first stage there will be 17.800.000 million coins. At (only) 5.000 satoshi this will be worth 890 BTC = $580.000. With a good marketing and some luck 50.000 satishi or even much more could be possible.

The new logo and the new website are some good steps. I although believe that we could have success in the market with this great name. This name is worth a lot.

To build up more trust at the community it could be a good thing for the dev to be very transparent. At this stage the community will be the tipping point. I would recommend to make the dev coin addresses visible at the OP and to make a list with all spendings and bounties. Nobody is working for nothing, but tell the people a little bit more how you will spend some of your coins for the success of iCoin. After this the people will see, why you need a pre-mine.

Edit:
If we have to make a hard fork, it could be a good thing to think about some more changes to make iCoin more unique. Maybe a feature like NeoCoin (users can send instant messages with encryption within the client to another clients wallet) or a coin mixer or...

In my opinion the block time should be < LTC. I would like a block time < 1 Minute. LPC for example has a block time of 15 sec. and it´s working nice.

Symbiont, first and foremost thanks for your long-term support in iCoin and your awesome suggestions. It's so great to have a community that believes in iCoin and takes the time to actively voice their opinion. So many thanks on that front!

In reference to creating transparency about our 1% premine, that's a priority that is of utmost importance to the iCoin team. We currently have some great ways to represent this, and with the help of our designer, we will have a clean crisp way to display our commitment of distribution, how exactly it will be conducted, and over what time period alloted. Upon reaching a final conclusion as to how the premine will be conducted and confirming these details with our developer, we will show our plans to the community. We're really looking forward to this and this should happen in the next few days - we will post it publicly as well as have it under our "Future Plans" category on the first page of this ANN thread for new users to see.

I have also copied your text about the iCoin changes as well and I'll definitely bring that to the table for discussion when iCoin team collaborates next.

Fast. Simple. Secure. Your currency under your control. www.geticoin.com
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: