Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:21:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058423 times)
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:29:41 PM

Minimum TX & Relay Fee set to 1 DGB to prevent attacks

If this is for any transaction, no matter how many inputs, then this is a terrible idea...

As long as it comes to P&D, no one really cares about tx fees...

You *should* care about transaction fees. It has nothing at all to do with P&D.

Think of how a credit card works. You go buy something and use your CC, the retailer has to pay a fee to process that transaction. And, unless they are charging different prices for cash and credit items, they are absorbing that fee to make a sale to you.

The way DGB works now if you handle your wallet correctly using coin control to send payments, you will never pay transaction fees to use DGB.

With mandatory transaction fees, the consumer will be charged any time they want to use DGB to pay for something.

Hypothetically - what if DGB hit it's target of $1 per DGB. Would you want to pay an extra $1 fee any time you buy something? What happens then? People would never use DGB for small priced items. It wouldn't be worth it. How would you fix that - another update to the wallet to lower transaction fees? What happens if/when DGB goes mainstream and millions of people have DGB wallets, and it's decided to push out an update that requires millions of people to update their wallet (hard fork), do you honestly think that's going to happen?

DGB isn't gonna hit $1 any time soon. The dev can make the fees lower in the future. BTC did it many times without hard forks. No problem so far.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 06:33:23 PM

DGB isn't gonna hit $1 any time soon. The dev can make the fees lower in the future. BTC did it many times without hard forks. No problem so far.

Yes, this can be done without a hardfork. At the current rate DigiByte will need to hit a $60 million USD market cap before the current fee is worth $0.01. At a $600 million USD market cap that would be $0.10. We surely would lower the fees by then.

Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:59:53 PM

Yes, this can be done without a hardfork. At the current rate DigiByte will need to hit a $60 million USD market cap before the current fee is worth $0.01. At a $600 million USD market cap that would be $0.10. We surely would lower the fees by then.

Haha Jared, i love the optimism. Cheesy
ghostycc

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:22:09 PM

I'm glad to see DGB's price is now around 50.
Last year it was moving between 20 to 40.

The long range goal for DGB is solid.
Thanks to whoever gave me another chance to get more and more cheap DGB again today Smiley

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:24:20 PM

It continues its free fall, I think it will be below 50 like I said by the end of the week, perhaps even less, just a hunch though.

"Continues it's free fall" lol where is the free fall? 24hr-low is still 63 sat. You just trying to talk down the price, good luck. And didn't you "guess" the price today would be 50 sat..

No I said this week. Do you think I'm trying to talk down the price? I bought at much higher and I won't buy again because I don't know where the floor is. And it is free falling, the price continue to fall each day. Come back tomorrow or by the end of the week...

I hate to be that guy, but here I am and I was 100% right (sadly). No 70s support or bs like that.

Anyway, there's not in a single chance that I buy more, the floor can be the 20s or even less. I'm truly disappointed really, I thought I was a long term supporter but there's no such thing, it's all smokes & mirrors in this altcoin community. With that being said, I know the project is serious and the people involved work very hard. It doesn't matter though, someone else from outside pulls the strings...

I'll hold because I can wait until the next pump to dump, It would be foolish to sell now really, I can let it drop to 0 for all I care.
ghostycc

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:35:45 PM

I'm truly disappointed really, I thought I was a long term supporter but there's no such thing

This is it. With DGB it's not about the value of the coin.

It's about the project and amount of coins you have. Price will come, later... but surely if you're listening to all panic-boys.. You'll end end loosing money and doing mistakes with your investment.

Sorry about your disappointment. But DGb is growing, community getting bigger every weeks, and the updates are following.

I hope you'll find faith again!

FrenchFrog FTW
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:56:44 PM

Do you really think DGB will save the world? I have news for you, it will not. Maybe we have different perspectives on what a long term supporter means. Surely you have a price where you will sell your investment. Do you really think DGB will be valued at $1? After all these nonsense? Please, it's just another altcoin, perhaps with good and hard working guys, but that's it. They announce some features and updates and it drops 20%, it keeps dropping. It doesn't matter because it never really mattered.

I'm not in panic mode because I'm powerless already, I'll just see it fall further. Not that I have any trading knowledge but I was the only one here predicting what would happen this week. So if this is an honest community, you should listen up. I may be doing some damage but at least I'm honest and said what few dared to.

Only when some manipulators feel like it, it will rise again. Rinse and repeat. The rest is just BS. Sorry for the rant.
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:27:39 PM

★★ Introducing DigiByte 极特币 v4.0.0 DigiSpeed★★

DigiByte Core v4.0.0 Wallets & Source

Hard Fork @ Block 1430,000  

Release Notes:
* Changes occur @ block 143,000
* 15 Second Blocks
* Scalability to match Visa TPS by 2021 & continued scaling through 2035 (See scalability projections here)
* Minimum TX & Relay Fee set to 1 DGB to prevent attacks
* MultiAlgo Difficulty adjustment code changed to make 51% attack much, much harder (See commit explanation)
* Transaction propagation changes based upon Microsoft research
* Reward adjusted to accommodate faster blocks, still stays the same (21 billion DGB in 21 years)
* OP_RETURN data increased to 80 bytes to allow embedding more data (like document hashes)
* Safe mode warning error fixed
* Check point added
* Private key compatibility issue fixed ( addresses from the DGB paper wallet address generator now work properly)

After much testing we are ready to get 4.0.0 into the wild! Please help spread the word and help get all mining pools & exchanges to update. As soon as an exchange or pool has updated please notify us and we will update our main list!

nice    work

* Transaction propagation changes based upon Microsoft research

Can the development team elaborate more on this point?

Not sure if I got a response to my question but what exactly does the above point mean? Is this something bitcoin does not have yet?

This is the non hyped version of the changes.

* Changes occur @ block 143,000
* 15 Second Blocks
* MultiAlgo Difficulty adjustment code changed to make 51% attack much, much harder (See commit explanation) Thanks to MentalCollatz who did the change for myraidcoin first.

ROFL. Smiley at the end of the day, multi-algo is what I really care about. Myriad is the only multi-algo coin that isn't premined and instamined, and it was the first*, so I guess I'll go with that... But damn, 15s blocks? Hello orphans. Lol.

* Actually it was Huntercoin, but that coin uses multi-algo in a completely different way to Myriad and its clones such as DigiByte.

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
JayBex

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:58:53 PM

Do you really think DGB will save the world? I have news for you, it will not. Maybe we have different perspectives on what a long term supporter means. Surely you have a price where you will sell your investment. Do you really think DGB will be valued at $1? After all these nonsense? Please, it's just another altcoin, perhaps with good and hard working guys, but that's it. They announce some features and updates and it drops 20%, it keeps dropping. It doesn't matter because it never really mattered.

I'm not in panic mode because I'm powerless already, I'll just see it fall further. Not that I have any trading knowledge but I was the only one here predicting what would happen this week. So if this is an honest community, you should listen up. I may be doing some damage but at least I'm honest and said what few dared to.

Only when some manipulators feel like it, it will rise again. Rinse and repeat. The rest is just BS. Sorry for the rant.

You should forget about price and focus on the project, and stop writing negative posts. Just because from the time you invested til now you've lost money, doesn't mean DGB is going to 0. Most coins can be manipulated, don't set a negative vibe just because you bought in high.. accept it and move on..

Or are you FUDing?
diabolus

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:01:43 PM

Yeah Myriadcoin seems to be a popular/great coin..

Myriadcoin total buy orders at Poloniex: 2.47 BTC and at Bittrex 0.799 BTC

Amazing buy pressure, need to get in before it's to late..
pringles1901

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:07:03 PM

I know Jared & Co work very hard to reach there goal & my hat goes of to them many times, BUT if the project (DGB) can be controlled by outsiders then its going fail....in the end the 250k investment made by Tofu will run out & then they will ask the question as to what did we invest in......a coin thats worth nothing, a coin that is controlled by someone/thing that can drop the price by 50-75% in one week...in the end that one entity will have enough coins to do what ever they want to the rise & fall of DGB..its like power within the boardroom...someone owns 49% the other owns 51%...the majority does what it wants to do & the other has no say in it.

I respect you guys who have fully committed to DGB but you have to admit the pump we did receive was on a false promise this Digispeed turned out to be a 20 year project..OK it will be faster than Visa/Matercard/American express..Jez H Christ do you think that the major credit card company's are not going to develop something far better in 10 years time...or do you think they will wait 20 years for DGB to crack the mold......come one 20 years is a fricking long time in this game by the time DGB hits the top there will be some other coin 100 times better than DGB by then.

I am just disappointed that the DEVS/Investors (Tofu) do nothing to take control of there own destiny..........If i put $250k into a company as an investment i would most certainly not sit on my hands & do nothing.....i would have to buy coins from the manipulators just to protect my own personal investment

I now have just short of 5 million coins, i did say i would not buy more but i will do just to double down..I HAVE TO..no choice...but when i reach the 5 million & it goes lower i will not buy more..if i lose what i put in to DGB then so be it

I have to say in general the way Crypto is headed i can see absolutely no future in it at all apart from the usual scams & pumps from the ones that now how to work the system

On that note i dont think DGB is a scam but i do question my own beliefs at this time

Good luck to you holders will see you I hope in the near future...for now coins will be stored in cold wallet & forgot about
ghostycc

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:22:52 PM

a coin that is controlled by someone/thing that can drop the price by 50-75% in one week...

Wait what ?
Didn't you notice it was being pumped the past weeks? And the results  of the graph is just people trying to take back their bad investment ? It's original and stable price was between 30-50 before the "october peak".

So you're telling us : "I bought high and now I'm frustrated ?"

It's the problem of all day-traders / short-range-traders. People who invest in a coin that is moving and never get back on their feet.
It cannot work if people want to trade a coin they absolutely don't know.

Exactly like right now. I'm really happy you all are selling it. I did buy 2 more millions today at 49... Even if it goes down to 30 again. Buying at 49 is still a really fair price to me and probably many other... considering the potential of DGB.

FrenchFrog FTW
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:25:56 PM

I know Jared & Co work very hard to reach there goal & my hat goes of to them many times, BUT if the project (DGB) can be controlled by outsiders then its going fail....in the end the 250k investment made by Tofu will run out & then they will ask the question as to what did we invest in......a coin thats worth nothing, a coin that is controlled by someone/thing that can drop the price by 50-75% in one week...in the end that one entity will have enough coins to do what ever they want to the rise & fall of DGB..its like power within the boardroom...someone owns 49% the other owns 51%...the majority does what it wants to do & the other has no say in it.

I respect you guys who have fully committed to DGB but you have to admit the pump we did receive was on a false promise this Digispeed turned out to be a 20 year project..OK it will be faster than Visa/Matercard/American express..Jez H Christ do you think that the major credit card company's are not going to develop something far better in 10 years time...or do you think they will wait 20 years for DGB to crack the mold......come one 20 years is a fricking long time in this game by the time DGB hits the top there will be some other coin 100 times better than DGB by then.

I am just disappointed that the DEVS/Investors (Tofu) do nothing to take control of there own destiny..........If i put $250k into a company as an investment i would most certainly not sit on my hands & do nothing.....i would have to buy coins from the manipulators just to protect my own personal investment

I now have just short of 5 million coins, i did say i would not buy more but i will do just to double down..I HAVE TO..no choice...but when i reach the 5 million & it goes lower i will not buy more..if i lose what i put in to DGB then so be it

I have to say in general the way Crypto is headed i can see absolutely no future in it at all apart from the usual scams & pumps from the ones that now how to work the system

On that note i dont think DGB is a scam but i do question my own beliefs at this time

Good luck to you holders will see you I hope in the near future...for now coins will be stored in cold wallet & forgot about
It's not a 20 year plan to compete with visa, it will do that as soon as there are enough transactions on the DigiByte network to need to compete. In the mean time it won't unnecessarily be bloating the block chain!
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:42:52 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. But let's keep a positive vibe...as if that will change something. The problem is that people here don't want to address the main issue mentioned in our posts. I know for sure DGB itself is not a scam, but it's definitely PART of the scam if you wish. And when DGB is pumped again, some puppets here will celebrate the wonderful technology to lure others like me into thinking we belong to something amazing and out of this world.

I'm completely honest, we have valid points. I was a fool, but never again. If you are great supporters of this project, then you can buy my share at 100 satoshis. Nobody? I didn't think so.
hammo

Activity: 493

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:49:30 PM

It's interesting that VISA is testing the Bitcoin Blockchain at the moment
http://www.coindesk.com/visa-europe-remittances-bitcoin-blockchain/

Perhaps they'll need a faster blockchain. Is DigiByte suitable?
duzydzichu

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:52:38 PM

Yeah, sure. So ethereum is super scam, from 0.06 to 0.016 in less than 2 months. Bitcoin is scam - from 500 to 300 in one week. Everything is a scam.

Digibyte is decentralized, the devs can't control the price. It's nonsense. Everyone can manipulate, that's the crypto world. Digibyte has $1m capitalization. If you have that much money, come on, buy all - push the price higher. You know what you are in. Even bitcoin can be easily manipulated (and it is) and if someone rich joins the party, then he can do whatever he wants. That's crypto.
rayaodi

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:53:52 AM

Yeah, sure. So ethereum is super scam, from 0.06 to 0.016 in less than 2 months. Bitcoin is scam - from 500 to 300 in one week. Everything is a scam.

Digibyte is decentralized, the devs can't control the price. It's nonsense. Everyone can manipulate, that's the crypto world. Digibyte has $1m capitalization. If you have that much money, come on, buy all - push the price higher. You know what you are in. Even bitcoin can be easily manipulated (and it is) and if someone rich joins the party, then he can do whatever he wants. That's crypto.

yes, if the price keep 1 month , i will buy more ..

and i think the dev should have more coins for the futrue develop ..

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 02:01:44 AM

I just get fed up with this, when I bought it was worth 100 bla, now it’s worth 50 blabla.  Same way I don’t really like, I bought it for 20 bla and I sold it for 200 blabla! I just hear bla blab la now.

I don’t like it because it is just playing into the hands of manipulators and is why they do it but sure keep doing it if somehow it helps you, only I wouldn’t really want anyone reading what you say and thinking you know what you are talking about.

There is lots of innovating things in store for DigiByte, some of them already discussed in public conferences by other coins academically discussing the possibilities, as well as others that are quite possibly unique to DigiByte because they are not being discussed in public. My point really here is that DigiByte has a lot more innovation than some people like to credit it with.  The real beauty about this technology is its ability to be applied to real world situations and DigiByte has the will to make these things happen, possibly even things like mitigating people manipulating the markets for instance. You people really just have to do what you want to do and get on with it, none of you have the right to come in here and say I told you so, not just yet because the game is far from over, it has barely started and DigiByte is desirable for good reason and everybody who knows that, wants it for as little as possible so get used to it and give it to them if you want.

At DigiByte we like the idea of creating the future we want to see and that’s just what we are going to try and do, with or without you but of course we would prefer with and it isn't going to be done by tomorrow.
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:15:16 AM

I just get fed up with this, when I bought it was worth 100 bla, now it’s worth 50 blabla.  Same way I don’t really like, I bought it for 20 bla and I sold it for 200 blabla! I just hear bla blab la now.

I don’t like it because it is just playing into the hands of manipulators and is why they do it but sure keep doing it if somehow it helps you, only I wouldn’t really want anyone reading what you say and thinking you know what you are talking about.

There is lots of innovating things in store for DigiByte, some of them already discussed in public conferences by other coins academically discussing the possibilities, as well as others that are quite possibly unique to DigiByte because they are not being discussed in public. My point really here is that DigiByte has a lot more innovation than some people like to credit it with.  The real beauty about this technology is its ability to be applied to real world situations and DigiByte has the will to make these things happen, possibly even things like mitigating people manipulating the markets for instance. You people really just have to do what you want to do and get on with it, none of you have the right to come in here and say I told you so, not just yet because the game is far from over, it has barely started and DigiByte is desirable for good reason and everybody who knows that, wants it for as little as possible so get used to it and give it to them if you want.

At DigiByte we like the idea of creating the future we want to see and that’s just what we are going to try and do, with or without you but of course we would prefer with and it isn't going to be done by tomorrow.

Sadly no matter how long a coin as been running and dev backing it. There are still people who will find a way to be negative toward the coin.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:39:17 AM

Anyone else having problems syncing. I am constantly getting stuck after 4 blocks:

"version" : 4000000,
"protocolversion" : 70002,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 4,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 8,

Been like that overnight, I deleted everything and started again and it is stuck again.

Alternately anyone have some good current nodes?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 [1178] 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: