Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:36:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058423 times)
the_game1224

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:48:27 PM

What do you all think about merge-mining with Myriadcoin?

I would've rather seen it with Doge.
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:49:51 PM

I don't like it
edit:I think only we hold digishield...

how long will it take that the digibyte wallet works normal. I can't send or receive digibytes.... at the moment
What are your reasons for not liking it? There is no drawback for DigiByte.

Also, when the next block is found which should be soon. Our hash rate has dropped. A lot of people take miners for granted. But this is what happens when you see a massive drop off.

Miners are the key to a successful decentralized network.

We are working as fast as possible here. But it still takes some time.

Do you think this is why so many coins are moving to PoS?
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 05:51:34 PM

I would've rather seen it with Doge.
This is still an option. And enticing.

The way merge mining works is only 1 coin has to implement it.  Once it is implemented people would need to mine DigiByte in order to get both coins, or multiple coins. The key is it would help secure our hashrate.

haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:52:11 PM

Idiotic idea, pools will dump DGB to the hell because only small amount of MYR miners will claim their FREE DGB coins. Check MON price charts, pools are dumping it regardless of a price. You will kill this coin offering merged-mining, all your efforts will be buried.
I wouldn't call it "idiotic" but I also think this would pin a "Discount" label on DGB. Better finish multi-algo implementation asap. If the chain stays slow for 2-4 days longer it doesn't hurt that hard as there is still only low activity on the blockchain.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:54:31 PM

Idiotic idea, pools will dump DGB to the hell because only small amount of MYR miners will claim their FREE DGB coins. Check MON price charts, pools are dumping it regardless of a price. You will kill this coin offering merged-mining, all your efforts will be buried.
I wouldn't call it "idiotic" but I also think this would pin a "Discount" label on DGB. Better finish multi-algo implementation asap. If the chain stays slow for 2-4 days longer it doesn't hurt that hard as there is still only low activity on the blockchain.

If it goes multi-algo dev must calculate initial difficulty for each algo and do something with readjustment to avoid instamine by SHA ASICs, FPGA farms, etc...
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 05:56:44 PM

If it goes multi-algo dev must calculate initial difficulty for each algo and do something with readjustment to avoid instamine by SHA ASICs, FPGA farms, etc...
This is what DigiShield does, the difficulty adjustment code will be adjusted as needed. This is not an issue. Nor is it how multi-algo works. Each algo can only find so many blocks in a row before the other algos must find one. Each algos difficulty is adjusted independently.

ReRunRod

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:02:02 PM

This is what DigiShield does, the difficulty adjustment code will be adjusted as needed. This is not an issue. Nor is it how multi-algo works. Each algo can only find so many blocks in a row before the other algos must find one. Each algos difficulty is adjusted independently.

What type of algos will you have in place? The same as Myriad coin or different?
sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:05:17 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 06:16:10 PM by sammy007

I still think that DGB have to change N-factor and invent something new. At least you will be the first coin changed n-factor and coin will be fairly mined. Look how ASICs solo mining it now... Fuck them up.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:07:19 PM

Multi-pools have already been dumping DGB for a long time. That is part of the crypto world as we know it. Comparing DigiByte to "Monacle" is nowhere near a fair comparison. We had never heard of them until you mentioned it.

Multi-Algo Mining has several benefits and few if any draw backs. Merge mining has several benefits as well. Most important of which is security. By securing the DigiByte blockchain we become much more attractive to merchants and traders. The more hash we have, the more miners start trading.

We have already closed a deal to put DigiByte well ahead of other coins. We are just not at liberty to discuss the details right now which puts us in a tight spot for the next few weeks until we can go public. The business world does not move anywhere near as fast as the crypto world. And yes, we are legally obligated not to discuss any further details at the moment regarding this.

ReRunRod

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:08:26 PM

I still think that DGB have to change N-factor and invent something new. At least you will be the first coin changed n-factor and coin will be fairly mined. Look how ASICs solo mining it now...

ASICS are good and Bad.

Good for pushing the network up and bad for killing the coin and or network. Depends on the situation.. I would love to see some more hybrid coins tho. Myriad should be getting more attention IMHO.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:08:40 PM

I still think that DGB have to change N-factor and invent something new. At least you will be the first coin changed n-factor and coin will be fairly mined. Look how ASICs solo mining it now...
There does not appear to be any ASICS on the DigiByte network right now. If there was we would not be having the low hash problem we do right now.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:10:54 PM

What type of algos will you have in place? The same as Myriad coin or different?
In the interest of time we may stick with the same for the time being. We are the first coin to ever fork to multi-algo. It is very complicated to implement. We were planning on doing this over a couple months. We are now forced to try and do this in a few days to a couple weeks.

Otherwise our only option is to do back to back hard forks which is no where near ideal or feasible.

sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:12:22 PM

Multi-pools have already been dumping DGB for a long time. That is part of the crypto world as we know it. Comparing DigiByte to "Monocle" is nowhere near a fair comparison. We had never heard of them until you mentioned it.

You still won't listen. There is no worse blind than the one who do not want to see. You will convert DGB from solid coin to free bonus for MYR miners. A lot of pools will have a lot of free DGB because a lot of users will not claim DGB and such pools will dump it to the hell. Period.
ReRunRod

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

I wouldn't merge the two coins. Not worth it.. You will lose devoted miners!
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:19:27 PM

Multi-pools have already been dumping DGB for a long time. That is part of the crypto world as we know it. Comparing DigiByte to "Monocle" is nowhere near a fair comparison. We had never heard of them until you mentioned it.

You still won't listen. There is no worse blind than the one who do not want to see. You will convert DGB from solid coin to free bonus for MYR miners. A lot of pools will have a lot of free DGB because a lot of users will not claim DGB and such pools will dump it to the hell. Period.
There is much more to this than you realize. DigiByte is an older coin then Myriad. We have just as large of a user / investor base. If anything this will give many more people incentive to mine DigiByte. For multiple reasons. This is not a winner take all scenario my friend.

haggis

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:21:05 PM

In the interest of time we may stick with the same for the time being. We are the first coin to ever fork to multi-algo. It is very complicated to implement. We were planning on doing this over a couple months. We are now forced to try and do this in a few days to a couple weeks.

Otherwise our only option is to do back to back hard forks which is no where near ideal or feasible.
Is merged-mining easier/quicker to implement than a standalone multi-algo? Or is the multi-algo implementation nevertheless needed for merged-mining?
,./,./

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:23:03 PM

There is much more to this than you realize. DigiByte is an older coin then Myriad. We have just as large of a user / investor base. If anything this will give many more people incentive to mine DigiByte. For multiple reasons. This is not a winner take all scenario my friend.

there are benefits and disadvantages......
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:25:15 PM

We want to clarify what merge mining means. When we say merge that means miners have the ability to mine two coins at once. The coins and chains themselves stay completely separate. Transactions stay independent of each other. So does each coins respected value.

It is a much more efficient use of your miners. You will use less electricity and get much more for your hash.

The next evolution of crypto currency mining will be merge-mined multi pools. They are already being developed. This means a coin does not have a choice and will be automatically merge mined with other coins.

Look at namecoin, it is still in the top 10 and has been merge mined for years.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:26:20 PM

Is merged-mining easier/quicker to implement than a standalone multi-algo? Or is the multi-algo implementation nevertheless needed for merged-mining?
Yes, it will me easier to implement. We will get a short term boost but more importantly the infrastructure for mining will be available from the beginning.

haggis

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:28:26 PM

We want to clarify what merge mining means. When we say merge that means miners have the ability to mine two coins at once. The coins and chains themselves stay completely separate. Transactions stay independent of each other. So does each coins respected value.

It is a much more efficient use of your miners. You will use less electricity and get much more for your hash.

The next evolution of crypto currency mining will be merge-mined multi pools. They are already being developed. This means a coin does not have a choice and will be automatically merge mined with other coins.

Look at namecoin, it is still in the top 10 and has been merge mined for years.
Looks as you prefer merged mining over a stand-alone implementation Smiley
But I'm still interested in the following question: does merged-mining with MYR require to implement multi-algo first? It sounds reasonable to me. If a coin already has multi-algo and want to switch to merged-mining, is then a hardfork required?

EDIT: 500 pages, Yippee Ki Yay Moth***r!  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: