Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:53:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055821 times)
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:29:31 PM

We want to clarify what merge mining means. When we say merge that means miners have the ability to mine two coins at once. The coins and chains themselves stay completely separate. Transactions stay independent of each other. So does each coins respected value.

It is a much more efficient use of your miners. You will use less electricity and get much more for your hash.

The next evolution of crypto currency mining will be merge-mined multi pools. They are already being developed. This means a coin does not have a choice and will be automatically merge mined with other coins.

Look at namecoin, it is still in the top 10 and has been merge mined for years.

With merge-mining MYR miners who dedicated their hash to mine MYR will get free bonus coins. Nothing to discuss there. As I said look at MON specs and charts. Fairest coin on the ground.
Expect a small amount of current MYR pools will offer merged mining to their miners, other pools will add merged mining but all mined DGB by MYR miners on such pools will be claimed by pools. Then such free DGB will be dumped by pools.

The one and only winner is MYR. You will secure MYR network and kill DGB. This is on the surface, obvious. And this is a reason you are welcome there because you are offering free help and hype to them.

Namecoin is special.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:30:57 PM

We want to clarify what merge mining means. When we say merge that means miners have the ability to mine two coins at once. The coins and chains themselves stay completely separate. Transactions stay independent of each other. So does each coins respected value.

It is a much more efficient use of your miners. You will use less electricity and get much more for your hash.

The next evolution of crypto currency mining will be merge-mined multi pools. They are already being developed. This means a coin does not have a choice and will be automatically merge mined with other coins.

Looks as you prefer merged mining over a stand-alone implementation Smiley
But I'm still interested in the following question: does merged-mining with MYR require to implement multi-algo first? It sounds reasonable to me. If a coin already has multi-algo and want to switch to merged-mining, is then a hardfork required?
Either way a hard fork is required. We want to avoid back to back hard forks. The biggest issue is that we need to have mining infrastructure in place at the exact block switch. So why not kill all three birds at once with only 1 hard fork.

Also keep in mind people will have to mine DigiByte to get myriad. Not the other way around. It is one sided.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:32:08 PM

With merge-mining MYR miners who dedicated their hash to mine MYR will get free bonus coins. Nothing to discuss there. As I said look at MON specs and charts. Fairest coin on the ground.
Expect a small amount of current MYR pools will offer merged mining to their miners, other pools will add merged mining but all mined DGB by MYR miners on such pools will be claimed by pools. Then such free DGB will be dumped by pools.

The one and only winner is MYR. You will secure MYR network and kill DGB. This is on the surface, obvious.

Namecoin is special.
Once again, people will have to mine DGB to get MYR. Not the other way around as that is not how the merge mining works. This is very beneficial to DigiByte.

sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:33:05 PM

The one and only winner is MYR. You will secure MYR network and kill DGB. This is on the surface, obvious.

Namecoin is special.
Once again, people will have to mine DGB to get MYR. Not the other way around as that is not how the merge mining works. This is very beneficial to DigiByte.

How you are going to punish MYR devs to accept DGB PoW? So MYR is going to be merged-mineable with DGB and not DGB is going to be merged-mineable with MYR. If so, I like it.
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:36:57 PM

Either way a hard fork is required. We want to avoid back to back hard forks. The biggest issue is that we need to have mining infrastructure in place at the exact block switch. So why not kill all three birds at once with only 1 hard fork.

Also keep in mind people will have to mine DigiByte to get myriad. Not the other way around. It is one sided.
Well, at the end you have the authority to decide. I don't think we can find a consensus about this topic. There are no major coins with mm beside namecoin so we can't learn from previous experiences here, which is always more risky than the other way.

However, if DGB stays the main coin with mm then we should have enough community members / believers mining it. Could be worth a try, but I can't contribute more thoughts on this from now on due to lack of experience/knowledge.
,./,./

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:38:02 PM

also good news today

the wallet works again! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:39:42 PM

Namecoin is special.

How you are going to punish MYR devs to accept DGB POW?
We are not going to "punish" anyone. They are a very friendly bunch and we have been talking with them over IRC. They have even offered to help us test things. We are have not decided to merge for sure but we wanted to get a discussion started.

We don't see how merge-mining would hurt. We only see how it could benifit DigiByte by making it much more attractive to miners.

We could potentially merge mine with doge/litecoin on the scrypt algo, bitcoin on the sha256 algo and the myriad on the other three algos. This could make DigiByte very attractive to miners.

Also please understand all "merging" means is when your hashes are submitted to the DigiByte chain they are then forwarded on to another coins chain to see if they might get "lucky" and find and block there as well as an added bonus.

It is a much more efficient mining process for everyone.

sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:44:15 PM

We could potentially merge mine with doge/litecoin on the scrypt algo, bitcoin on the sha256 algo and the myriad on the other three algos. This could make DigiByte very attractive to miners.

Now you are talking absolutely opposite thing to your previous post. If you want to get DGB by mining MYR, DOGE, LTC, BTC you will kill this coin.
If you want to mine DGB and get MYR, BTC, LTC, etc you have to hardfork these coins to accept DGB PoW. It's impossible. Only MYR if they are agree.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 06:48:07 PM

Now you are talking absolutely opposite thing to your previous post. If you want to get DGB by mining MYR, DOGE, LTC, BTC you will kill this coin.
If you want to mine DGB and get MYR, BTC, LTC, etc you have to hardfork these coins to accept DGB PoW. It's impossible. Only MYR if they are agree.

Only one coin is required to hard fork & merge mine. We could hard fork right now and merge mine with Doge or Litecoin on Scrypt. For example, when you mine Bitcoins you only get Bitcoins. When you mine Namecoin you get Namecoins & bitcoins. That is how merge mining works.

So when Doge talked about merge mining with us we would hard fork and add the merge code. Then when people mined Doge they would only get doge. But when they mined DigiByte they would get DigiByte & doge.

sammy007
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:58:53 PM

Only one coin is required to hard fork & merge mine. We could hard fork right now and merge mine with Doge or Litecoin on Scrypt. For example, when you mine Bitcoins you only get Bitcoins. When you mine Namecoin you get Namecoins & bitcoins. That is how merge mining works.

So when Doge talked about merge mining with us we would hard fork and add the merge code. Then when people mined Doge they would only get doge. But when they mined DigiByte they would get DigiByte & doge.

Ok it seems there are two different approaches of merged mining and we are talking about different things. Do it if you believe in it, you are dev. Personally I think that miners comes with value and not value comes with miners. Never liked the idea of merged mining, coins must not be a bonus.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 07:05:55 PM

Ok it seems there are two different approaches of merged mining and we are talking about different things. Do it if you believe in it, you are dev. Personally I think that miners comes with value and not value comes with miners. Never liked the idea of merged mining, coins must not be a bonus.
Yes. For the time being we will just keep implementing the multi-algo approach with no merged mining. It adds an additional step of complexity no one is sure about right now.

fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:22:53 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 07:37:20 PM by fedmahnkassad

All I keep hearing is "make digibyte attractive for miners". How about you make it attractive for investors? Do you really think that 99% of potential merchants and users have even heard of merged mining?

In my opinion all this algo switching and merge mining is a complete waste of time and resources. Bitcoin is fine being mined by asics and the same thing would have been fine for DGB as well.

Merged mining will only decrease the price even further because for the same hash rate miners will now get 2 coins and will be able to sell them lower and still be profitable.
tarzanbigcity

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:28:31 PM

If I had the opportunity to mine DGB and had the opportunity to mine DOGE on the side (merge mining), no time would be wasted elsewhere. I am very certain the DOGE community would agree with me.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:36:44 PM

If I had the opportunity to mine DGB and had the opportunity to mine DOGE on the side (merge mining), no time would be wasted elsewhere. I am very certain the DOGE community would agree with me.

DOGE is not going anywhere in the long term, connecting the fate of DGB to that of DOGE would be a huge mistake.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 07:37:54 PM

All I keep hearing is "make digibyte attractive for miners". How about you making it attractive for investors? Do you really think that 99% of potential merchants and users have even heard of merged mining?

In my opinion all this algo switching and merge mining is a complete waste of time and resources. Bitcoin is fine being mined by asics and the same think would have been fine for DGB as well.
We absolutely want to make DigiByte attractive for investors. But our #1 priority right now is security. Without decentralized mining a network becomes more and more vulnerable to attack. Look at Bitcoin the last two days. Ghash.io with ASICs has had upwards of 47% of the entire Bitcoin net hash.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644592.0

As ASIC mining becomes more centralized with Bitcoin, Bitcoins days could be numbered. Multi-Algo is the fairest & most secure approach around right now. We are making this decision with long-term success in mind.

Once again, we are going to hold off on merge mining for the time being.

paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:39:32 PM

hello all,

we have updated our website with the new Digibyte Wallet Address :  DigiByte  Adress  : DHEAuSnhVo2fsVSjGHQ5vmurZ18UvN4A7j   DSsyu78YE81Lkhwvd7puZ2EDCCgbWDPL1B  Safe To Use !

The first wallet address is the old one ( well known by many supports/donators )  we have lost also our Digibyte wallet, for more info please visit our website, first link in my signature,

with your help we will succeed and get back on track again, Digitbyte is again accepted on our website !

more coins will be restored with new wallet addresses , see also our news page for more info, or send me a pm/ email

we hope that the Digibyte community will continuing there highly appreciated support for our project ,

thanks in advanced and understanding
tng811

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:42:28 PM

Merge mining is good to strengthen the block chain but it will harm the value of both coins. Just look at what VTC & MON & PLX, their prices are at the bottom after adding merge mining. Easy get, easy dump. Merge mining will not be welcomed by DGB investors.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 07:45:07 PM

Merge mining is good to strengthen the block chain but it will harm the value of both coins. Just look at what VTC & MON & PLX, their prices are at the bottom after adding merge mining. Easy get, easy dump. Merge mining will not be welcomed by DGB investors.
Yes, it does appear to be a hot issue for some. We are listening to everyone. Smiley No merged mining for the time being. But it is very healthy for us all to be having this discussion.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 07:45:55 PM

By, the way. Happy 500 thread pages everyone! In two days DigiByte will be 6 months old!

,./,./

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:47:37 PM

By, the way. Happy 500 thread pages everyone! In two days DigiByte will be 6 months old!

you posted the 10.000 post!
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: