Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 [643] 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:59:43 PM

Fantastic work! Let's see what happens!

YC

Just got an email that DGB has been added to the voting list at BTER. Not sure how we get to the top, but it would be nice to get added. Jared, can we tell BTER about our Asian presence?

https://bter.com/voting

YC

I will fire it up! Good Work. Gonna publish @reddit as well! THX

Here we go... Crossposting getting started!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/2jj9dn/digibyte_%E6%9E%81%E7%89%B9%E5%B8%81_voting_btercom_please_vote_and_get/
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 09:55:06 PM

Fantastic work! Let's see what happens!

YC

Just got an email that DGB has been added to the voting list at BTER. Not sure how we get to the top, but it would be nice to get added. Jared, can we tell BTER about our Asian presence?

https://bter.com/voting

YC

I will fire it up! Good Work. Gonna publish @reddit as well! THX

Here we go... Crossposting getting started!
http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/2jj9dn/digibyte_%E6%9E%81%E7%89%B9%E5%B8%81_voting_btercom_please_vote_and_get/

https://twitter.com/Alttrade/status/523222376813981699

Retweet!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
The_Cashier

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:31:16 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 12:17:19 PM by The_Cashier

anyone running a pool with vardiff could give me targetdiff, minvardiff and maxvardiff for each algos please
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 06:42:58 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 08:14:42 AM by DigiByte

Greetings Everyone,

First off, a note on the rate of DigiByte production. We have read most of the comments on here regarding the price of DigiByte and the rate of DigiByte production and we understand some of your concers. As of now we have no plans to change the rate of production as we want to leave the core protocol variables alone. We feel we are right where we need to be. We have a very powerful marketing campaigned outlined that will bring more users into DGB. Once this happens we will need all the coins we can get in circulation.

Secondly, we have now pushed all the fixes for the bugs everyone has been experiencing to the master branch on github. If you are a mining pool operator please help us test v3.0.2 by building from source. If all goes well we will release v3.0.2 binaries to the public tomorrow (we have compiled and tested on all os's with no problems.) We have also updated the seed nodes to v3.0.2 as well.

https://github.com/digibyte/DigiByteProject

We have compiled & successfully tested the upgraded DigiByte Android wallet. We plan to put this back on the play store on Wednesday.

We will be releasing the official DigiByte Wiki to the public this coming Friday.

We have a lot of things going on right now in the background so stay tuned for more news!

MinersPoolEU

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:32:58 AM

Greetings Everyone,

First off, a note on the rate of DigiByte production. We have read most of the comments on here regarding the price of DigiByte and the rate of DigiByte production and we understand some of your concers. As of now we have no plans to change the rate of production as we want to leave the core protocol variables alone. We feel we are right where we need to be. We have a very powerful marketing campaigned outlined that will bring more users into DGB. Once this happens we will need all the coins we can get in circulation.

Secondly, we have now pushed all the fixes for the bugs everyone has been experiencing to the master branch on github. If you are a mining pool operator please help us test v3.0.2 by building from source. If all goes well we will release v3.0.2 binaries to the public tomorrow (we have compiled and tested on all os's with no problems.) We have also updated the seed nodes to v3.0.2 as well.

We have compiled & successfully tested the upgraded DigiByte Android wallet. We plan to put this back on the play store on Wednesday.

We will be releasing the official DigiByte Wiki to the public this coming Friday.

We have a lot of thins going on right now in the background so stay tuned for more news!

Thanks, our wallets are updated. Hope everything goes well now with the previous issues
suchPotato

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 08:28:06 AM

Finally got back my money from mintpal. I guess they are honest fellows afterall Tongue I stumbled on a bug it seems but now all's fine.

Looking forward to news! but I'd like to throw the rock once again: multi-algo + aux-pow= safest pow coin ever, multialgo alone makes a 51% attack just a bit trickier. I see some people ideologically against merge mining, but considering the total value of the mined dgb a day is little over 1 BTC (or am I wrong?) so the cost of a 51% attack trough rented miners should be in the order of the few hundred dollars a day, that's chips. Even when dgb price rises you still have to consider that its hashrate is distributed trough 5 algorithms, so the miners of each algo get 1/5th of the total, making the hashrate go down the drain

If you mergemine with the main coins and orphan the blocks with lowest -estimated- "actual" difficulty (dunno if that's how it works already) then a 51% attack becomes as hard as 51% attacking all the coins alltoghether, making it cost in the order of milion dollars a day.

Lastly, there are bound to be many coins around for each popular algorithm, and as we've seen even BTC does not totally monopolize sha, it's normal that we'll have a few big players in the mining industry, this means that if even the largest coins don't work together to build up hashrate they'll all be under the 51% attack threat from a "rogue" miner. Even if dgb becomes the N1 coin, it'll still have hashrate issues (especially since it's a multi algorythm coin) unless it's merge mined.

Forking is usually bad, but since dgb is still in a somewhat letargic period it's better to do all the forkings now than later.

The_Cashier

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:57:17 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 12:17:35 PM by The_Cashier

anyone running a pool with vardiff could give me targetdiff, minvardiff and maxvardiff for each algos please
bump
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 10:14:01 AM

Finally got back my money from mintpal. I guess they are honest fellows afterall Tongue I stumbled on a bug it seems but now all's fine.

Looking forward to news! but I'd like to throw the rock once again: multi-algo + aux-pow= safest pow coin ever, multialgo alone makes a 51% attack just a bit trickier. I see some people ideologically against merge mining, but considering the total value of the mined dgb a day is little over 1 BTC (or am I wrong?) so the cost of a 51% attack trough rented miners should be in the order of the few hundred dollars a day, that's chips. Even when dgb price rises you still have to consider that its hashrate is distributed trough 5 algorithms, so the miners of each algo get 1/5th of the total, making the hashrate go down the drain

If you mergemine with the main coins and orphan the blocks with lowest -estimated- "actual" difficulty (dunno if that's how it works already) then a 51% attack becomes as hard as 51% attacking all the coins alltoghether, making it cost in the order of milion dollars a day.

Lastly, there are bound to be many coins around for each popular algorithm, and as we've seen even BTC does not totally monopolize sha, it's normal that we'll have a few big players in the mining industry, this means that if even the largest coins don't work together to build up hashrate they'll all be under the 51% attack threat from a "rogue" miner. Even if dgb becomes the N1 coin, it'll still have hashrate issues (especially since it's a multi algorythm coin) unless it's merge mined.

Forking is usually bad, but since dgb is still in a somewhat letargic period it's better to do all the forkings now than later.
Thanks for the feedback! This is a great idea and we will look into it for sure. This is also a lot to take on and code in. We want to get things streamlined & working very well before we consider doing this thought.

We want to get iOS, Android (completed), Electrum (test wallet running), Coinpunk and Tipbots all operational before we consider a major upgrade like this. We are working on all these projects simultaneously.

We also are working on DigiPay as a payment service & trading platform. We have a lot of development going on right now! Good things are around the corner! Smiley

Note: Chinese translation is compiled into v3.0.2 as well. Binaries coming tomorrow Smiley

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 12:59:26 PM

Greetings Everyone,

We have a lot of things going on right now in the background so stay tuned for more news!

Great work team!
As always i´m looking forward to the update.

When the android wallet is coming online. maybe we should first test it with the community members.
After that we could promote the wallet with free digibyte when they first installed?

How is the job hiring going,any new members on board?

Keep the ball rolling guys!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
ycagel

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:02:54 PM

Love to see the dedication Jared! Lot of good things seem to be happening, which is nice. With the upgrades, I anticipate we will see less issues in trading and exchanges. We should then continue to focus on marketing and adoption!

YC

Thanks for the feedback! This is a great idea and we will look into it for sure. This is also a lot to take on and code in. We want to get things streamlined & working very well before we consider doing this thought.

We want to get iOS, Android (completed), Electrum (test wallet running), Coinpunk and Tipbots all operational before we consider a major upgrade like this. We are working on all these projects simultaneously.

We also are working on DigiPay as a payment service & trading platform. We have a lot of development going on right now! Good things are around the corner! Smiley

Note: Chinese translation is compiled into v3.0.2 as well. Binaries coming tomorrow Smiley
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:08:19 PM

I think marketing and adoption should take in all stages of DGB development.
It does not matter if we have anything fully completed. Ad is Ad Smiley
ycagel

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:08:46 PM

Does anyone have a calculator that does the following?

Inputs in current DGB, BTC and USD prices. If you think put in future pricing, you can generate an ROI. It would allow you to change pricing of BTC and DGB respectively to see what the fiat investment is worth. Here is an example.

Current:

BTC: $400
DGB: 20
Investment: $1000

Future:

BTC: $700
DGB: 50
Investment: ?
ROI: ?

Would be very helpful. Any ideas?

YC
suchPotato

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 03:38:58 PM

Inputs in current DGB, BTC and USD prices. If you think put in future pricing, you can generate an ROI. It would allow you to change pricing of BTC and DGB respectively to see what the fiat investment is worth. Here is an example.

Current:

Future:

YC

The math is very simple, the rate is (BTC_end*(DGB/BTC end) / (BTC_init* (dgb/BTC init))
that in your case is 700*50/(400*20)

multiply all by the initial investment (1000 in your case) and you get how much is your investment worth at the end.

For more complicatedthings there are probably better tools but for this stuff a pocket calculator is more than enough

If I got your question right Tongue

ycagel

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:34:55 PM

I suppose another way to look at it would be the following:

$1000 * ($700/$400) * (50/20) = $4,375

YC

Current:

Future:

YC

The math is very simple, the rate is (BTC_end*(DGB/BTC end) / (BTC_init* (dgb/BTC init))
that in your case is 700*50/(400*20)

multiply all by the initial investment (1000 in your case) and you get how much is your investment worth at the end.

For more complicatedthings there are probably better tools but for this stuff a pocket calculator is more than enough

If I got your question right Tongue
Kayahoga

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:32:31 PM

Just a small thing but...im in the process of getting DGB listed on another exchange and was looking at the front page of this thread and noticed there was some typos / formatting issues with a few of the pools listed under the scrypt algorithm.   

For example. 

GHash.io/color]
CoinMinw]
DigiHash]

Just thought id let someone know. 

Kayahoga
ycagel

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:48:11 PM

Kayahoga,
 Great eyes! Jared, can we get this edited please?

YC

Just a small thing but...im in the process of getting DGB listed on another exchange and was looking at the front page of this thread and noticed there was some typos / formatting issues with a few of the pools listed under the scrypt algorithm.   

For example. 

GHash.io/color]
CoinMinw]
DigiHash]

Just thought id let someone know. 

Kayahoga
ycagel

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:49:04 PM

I am also in the process of testing again with Cryptsy to see if they still continue to be smooth with purchasing alt. I did it a long time ago. Will keep folks updated on my progress.

YC
ycagel

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:07:33 AM

Just did a small order on Cryptsy. Trade was smooth, but the withdrawal is having issues. It has been confirmed via email, but now is in pending mode. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

YC

I am also in the process of testing again with Cryptsy to see if they still continue to be smooth with purchasing alt. I did it a long time ago. Will keep folks updated on my progress.

YC
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 06:07:40 AM

DigiByte v3.0.2.1 officially released! If you download the 3.0.2 source make sure to re-download and make sure you are running. v3.0.2.1 (thanks to raveneye for catching one small error we made with merge from dev to master)

http://www.digibyte.co/

feendog

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:56:13 AM

still holding loads of these got about 5.8 million lol Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 [643] 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: