Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:58:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

Soap box mode: ON

So, let me go over the logic at work in people's opinion of Cryptsy:

Yesterday: Everything is working, Cryptsy is wonderful! Best exchange. Go Cryptsy!

Today: Oh my God, there was a problem, Cryptsy is f**ed up! I'm out. Their terrible, it's a scam, thieves...

This is why the crypto world is always on the wrong side of the news. When Digibyte had a problem, did you all do this to Digibyte? No, of course not, we all rallied to help in any way possible so, I ask you all this:

What proof is there that the guy who filed the suite actually lost anything? If he did, what proof is there that is was Cryptsy's fault?

Lawyer's like the Silver Law Group are little more than thieves themselves. They will file suite on the weakest of claims in the hope the target offers to settle, guilty or not, to keep themselves out of the news. Its all about bad Press in the end. Just because someone claims a loss does not mean there actually was one or that is wasn't the claiment's own fault in the first place.

And, yes, problems do happen and mistakes are made, big banks and financial institutions do it all the time yet we keep our accounts open mostly because we have little choice and half the time nobody knows about the losses.

We must ALL keep in mind that this is new technology, new territory to explore and nothing, absolutely nothing is really safe in this brave new world. Millions are lost EVERY day to credit card fraud, have you all ditched your credit cards? Did you write to VISA and MasterCard and tell them you were done with them?

How about we withhold judgement until we know if there is anything to judge or not? That way, you may become part of the solution rather than part of the problem...

Soap box mode: OFF

I agree on you about cryptsy.
I still think that they are a "good" exchange, i (and others) just warned about the lawsuit! IF things go wrong people will lose coins and thats never good!

The only thing i whas complaining about is that i have a -39 cryptsy points balance and because of there defect server  i need to buy these points to withdraw my Digibytes and other coins.   

I do not trust any exchange ATM,  I trusted GOX and Mintpal and you guys all  see what happened.
So Digibyte, Step in and take the lead!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bogglor

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:00:43 PM

I like Cryptsy too, I still have some DGB, DOGE, and LTC there.

It's the only exchange I've ever used. I did withdraw my DGB to my perosnal wallet, it's something I've always thought about doing and that news item just made it seem like a good time.

I'll still trade there. I've never had any other problems, deposits/withdrawls have always worked for me.

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:55:33 PM

RJF,
 Very good analysis and I am guilty of the wavering. I readily admit that and with the this new point of reference, I agree. Let's wait to make any further judgments until the facts are out and there is a real outcome.

I am appreciative there are people like you with a sound mindset to get our heads out of our asses at times (me included).

YC

Soap box mode: ON

So, let me go over the logic at work in people's opinion of Cryptsy:

Yesterday: Everything is working, Cryptsy is wonderful! Best exchange. Go Cryptsy!

Today: Oh my God, there was a problem, Cryptsy is f**ed up! I'm out. Their terrible, it's a scam, thieves...

This is why the crypto world is always on the wrong side of the news. When Digibyte had a problem, did you all do this to Digibyte? No, of course not, we all rallied to help in any way possible so, I ask you all this:

What proof is there that the guy who filed the suite actually lost anything? If he did, what proof is there that is was Cryptsy's fault?

Lawyer's like the Silver Law Group are little more than thieves themselves. They will file suite on the weakest of claims in the hope the target offers to settle, guilty or not, to keep themselves out of the news. Its all about bad Press in the end. Just because someone claims a loss does not mean there actually was one or that is wasn't the claiment's own fault in the first place.

And, yes, problems do happen and mistakes are made, big banks and financial institutions do it all the time yet we keep our accounts open mostly because we have little choice and half the time nobody knows about the losses.

We must ALL keep in mind that this is new technology, new territory to explore and nothing, absolutely nothing is really safe in this brave new world. Millions are lost EVERY day to credit card fraud, have you all ditched your credit cards? Did you write to VISA and MasterCard and tell them you were done with them?

How about we withhold judgement until we know if there is anything to judge or not? That way, you may become part of the solution rather than part of the problem...

Soap box mode: OFF

We have to keep in mind that in crypto, not enough warning are shown or told. The news about Cryptsy is not to call them scammers, etc. but to tell people to be careful with them and any other exchanges, to limit the damage an other mintpal could do.

I'll still use cryptsy until the proofs are shown that they really scammed or anything but i just transferred all the coins i had sitting there. So i take the risk with the coins on orders but i won't do it with the coins i don't want to trade right now.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 03:57:00 PM

I agree on you about cryptsy.
I still think that they are a "good" exchange, i (and others) just warned about the lawsuit! IF things go wrong people will lose coins and thats never good!

The only thing i whas complaining about is that i have a -39 cryptsy points balance and because of there defect server  i need to buy these points to withdraw my Digibytes and other coins.   

I do not trust any exchange ATM,  I trusted GOX and Mintpal and you guys all  see what happened.
So Digibyte, Step in and take the lead!

There ya go... Lets be careful but, lets also be rational. If it's proved they actually did anything illegal I'll drop 'em but for now, let's see how it shakes out.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 04:24:46 PM

FYI: Response from Cryptsy

Response regarding lawsuit

There was quite a bit of PR pushed out yesterday from a law firm that stated that they were filing a lawsuit against Cryptsy and myself. The complaint alleges that Crytpsy misled users and was negligent in security. They represent a single user. We have reviewed the unofficial complaint and believe that it is without merit. We intend to defend the case vigorously.

We would like to note that we have not received any documentation or official notification concerning any lawsuit yet.  We also find it unprofessional that the law firm decided to push out such a large PR campaign prior to serving any notice.

As I’m sure many of you are aware, we take security very seriously.  We pride ourselves on being one of the most secure places to trade on the internet.  However, in this case, the attack on the user making the claim came from within their own computer.   While we try to educate our users on how to secure their local environment, we ultimately have no control of a users computer system.

So as a reminder I’d like to reiterate a few security tips:

- Do not leave your computer logged into your Cryptsy account when you are away from your computer
- Do not install browser extensions from unknown developers
- Do not install mining software from unknown developers on the same computer you use to access Cryptsy
- Run a virus scan regularly.  
- Make sure you use 2fa on your Cryptsy account

Paul Vernon "BigVern"

Cryptsy.com

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:51:12 PM

Good info and should provide some comfort for folks to continue trading at Cryptsy.

YC

There was quite a bit of PR pushed out yesterday from a law firm that stated that they were filing a lawsuit against Cryptsy and myself. The complaint alleges that Crytpsy misled users and was negligent in security. They represent a single user. We have reviewed the unofficial complaint and believe that it is without merit. We intend to defend the case vigorously.

We would like to note that we have not received any documentation or official notification concerning any lawsuit yet.  We also find it unprofessional that the law firm decided to push out such a large PR campaign prior to serving any notice.

As I’m sure many of you are aware, we take security very seriously.  We pride ourselves on being one of the most secure places to trade on the internet.  However, in this case, the attack on the user making the claim came from within their own computer.   While we try to educate our users on how to secure their local environment, we ultimately have no control of a users computer system.

- Do not leave your computer logged into your Cryptsy account when you are away from your computer
- Do not install mining software from unknown developers on the same computer you use to access Cryptsy

Paul Vernon "BigVern"

Cryptsy.com
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 08:18:51 PM

Paul Vernon "BigVern"

Cryptsy.com

Thank you for sharing!
I´m cool, Big vern is in the green zone  Grin

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
ycagel

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 09:58:37 PM

Looks like there is decent volume showing at Cryptsy. Good sign!

YC

Paul Vernon "BigVern"

Cryptsy.com

Thank you for sharing!
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 10:55:33 PM

Hey Digibyte,  could you provide us with some information regarding the exchange thats in alpha testing right now?
What kind of exchange?  Dgb-Btc -ltc-€/$ pairing ?  Other good proven coins including?

Thank you!

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 03:36:15 AM

Paul Vernon "BigVern"

Cryptsy.com

Thank you for sharing!
We have conducted our own research into this matter, including reading the actual suit: http://www.silverlaw.com/files/BitcoinComplaint.pdf

It does appear this lawsuit doesn't have much ground to stand on. Cryptsy is a very easy target, because there is an easy avenue for consumer recourse ( State of Florida, FinCEN). We hope this turns out well for them as this would be a huge blow to everyone in the alt market if they were to shutdown. As always, it is a good idea to only move coins to an exchange when you are ready to trade.

ycagel

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 04:18:18 AM

Great follow up! Like I said earlier, I overreacted. Cryptsy looks to fine as of now and should go unscathed.

YC

Paul Vernon "BigVern"

Cryptsy.com

Thank you for sharing!
We have conducted our own research into this matter, including reading the actual suit: http://www.silverlaw.com/files/BitcoinComplaint.pdf

It does appear this lawsuit doesn't have much ground to stand on. Cryptsy is a very easy target, because there is an easy avenue for consumer recourse ( State of Florida, FinCEN). We hope this turns out well for them as this would be a huge blow to everyone in the alt market if they were to shutdown. As always, it is a good idea to only move coins to an exchange when you are ready to trade.
ycagel

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 07:51:15 PM

For you folks looking at trends, do you think BTC is going down or up short term?

YC
rossr1

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:35:42 PM

its sad to see price dropping week after week?
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 11:05:27 PM

For you folks looking at trends, do you think BTC is going down or up short term?

YC
How is that related to DGB? I kind of dislike the spirit here of posting things just for the sake of posting.
I'm more interested at what is actually happening behind the scenes...the "great things around the corner" we heared so much (or nothing?) about? Is there anything else beside promotion the community can do for DGB?
ycagel

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:14:10 AM

Haggis,
 It is relevant because if the price is declining, it suggests that the buying power to acquire more DGB is advantageous. If the short term trend is rising, it will cause the opposite. I think at times we all get caught in the short term for such large events that we fail to realize most of the specific items can take months or even upwards to a year to really materialize. It's good to keep everyone accountable, but expectations need to be managed. If DGB was ever thought of as  day trading crypto, you are in the wrong area.

YC

YC
How is that related to DGB? I kind of dislike the spirit here of posting things just for the sake of posting.
I'm more interested at what is actually happening behind the scenes...the "great things around the corner" we heared so much (or nothing?) about? Is there anything else beside promotion the community can do for DGB?
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 02:00:36 AM

Haggis,
 It is relevant because if the price is declining, it suggests that the buying power to acquire more DGB is advantageous. If the short term trend is rising, it will cause the opposite. I think at times we all get caught in the short term for such large events that we fail to realize most of the specific items can take months or even upwards to a year to really materialize. It's good to keep everyone accountable, but expectations need to be managed. If DGB was ever thought of as  day trading crypto, you are in the wrong area.

YC

YC
Sorry, I don't get your point. But it sounds like it fits more to this subforum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=8.0

As you mentioned correctly, DGB is not for the short term. Therefore I see no point about talking about any kind of "buying power". As there is very small to none buying power for DGB, we should talk about the fundamentals to move forward.
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609

DMD,XZC

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:20:38 AM

anyone build a new DGB-Groestl pool?all pools dead,the officer released wallet always crash,
someone  may  build secrete wallet and solo ,
too many coins will be dump,

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 06:03:31 AM

anyone build a new DGB-Groestl pool?all pools dead,the officer released wallet always crash,
someone  may  build secrete wallet and solo ,
too many coins will be dump,

We are making this a top priority this week. It is very important we have all 5 algos working correctly. Has anyone been mining groestl recently?

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:20:20 AM

Brussels Recap:

Recap: Bitcoin 2 Business Congress in Brussels
by Allen Scott @ 2014-10-23 05:22 PM

The very first Bitcoin 2 Business Congress kicked off on October 16 at a very nice looking location in Brussels: the B19 Business Club.

Registration started at 9:00 am and the Agenda was full the whole two days. Twitter and other social media were filled with news and current information from the presentations and speeches.

The atmosphere was casual from the beginning and people were very interested in meeting potential business partners and in the networking.

Day 1

The first day began with Stan Wolf and Benjamin Bommhardt who were discussing the Crossing of the Chasm of Cryptocurrencies. The day continued with one interesting session after another. Among the Bitcoiners well-known Niels Kerstholt from BitPay discussed the Merchant adoption of Bitcoin.

One of the most interesting sessions of the first day was also the Mining workshop. Some of the attendees never truly understood the Mining for which this session was very beneficial. Not only could they see the “old-school“ GPU miner, well known to people who started mining earlier, but they also learned about merged mining.

This was explained in depth because while mining you can also mine a Transactioncoin – TxC, which supports two hashing algorithms: SHA256 and SCRYPT.

“Txcoin can be merged mined with either sha256 or scrypt based altcoins, such as Bitcoin or Dogecoin” explained Matej Michalko from BitcoinMarketing and DexQ during the workshop.

Vitalik Buterin from Ethereum had a speech on Thursday as well as Sergij Foski representing the Bitcoin Foundation along with John Michell who presented a closer description of Decentralization and DAOZ.

- Vitalik Buterin
Day 2

The second day of the Congress taking place on Friday focused on a broad range of topics. It was opened by a great presentation of BitcoinMarketing’s Boris Stankovic.

One of the most tweeted was the presentation by Richard Caetano who advised Bitcoin businesses to “Target Early Adopters but Prepare for Mainstream.“

Another noteworthy presentation was given by Cointellect.

Next, Jeremy Gardner invited more Universities to join the College Cryptocurrency Network.

A great panel discussion was held on the subject of Altcoins with Adam Vaziri, Matej Michalko, Stanislav Wolf, Marc Warne, Matej Boda and Vitalik Buterin.

Right after the lunch break, Max Wang from btctrade.com delivered an interesting speech titled “Cross-border B2B Payments and Digital Assets Investment Based on the Large Trading Volume in China.”

The latter part of the afternoon was dedicated to a start-up show that included10 start-up projects. Every startup got the chance to present their project. The list of participating companies included:

Bokk
    Online Bank Transfer
    Cryptodomainer
    BitNPlay
    Coinoutlet
    GEMS
    JungleCoin
    MasterXchange
    DexQ
    Internet of Coins

More information about the participating Start-ups can be found here.

Some controversy was stirred up by the last presentation from Nicolas Courtois of UCL. “Flipping the coin 100x would be better randomness than current random generator in some wallets,” said Courtois, in addition to other brow raising comments such as Bitcoin “has failed in being a decentralized P2P.” His speech led to many discussions at the subsequent social event in the city that included many Start-ups representatives, investors and attendees.

The event was a great success that galvanized the formation of new business partnerships and connections between Bitcoiners in Europe as well as the other parts of the world.

Also, special thanks should also go out to the guys from Belgian Bitcoin Association who helped with the organization.

For more information about the event, go to the official website.

Source: http://cointelegraph.com/news/112790/recap-bitcoin-2-business-congress-in-brussels

Thanks ycagel. For those of us with limited time, this kind of post with this type of information (much like the posts regarding the Cryptsy lawsuit I also might add) is very much appreciated!

Ivanech

Activity: 808
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:18:59 AM

It is very important we have all 5 algos working correctly. Has anyone been mining groestl recently?

Groestl pool is very important. I suppose we should have more then one working pool for each algo for better security and hashrate sharing.

Fortunatelly, there are a lot of solo miners and private pools securing all the algos. Currently the DGB network is run smoothly and all algos produces desired 20% of minted blocks:

Pages: « 1 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: