Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:39:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 506 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [USDe] Unitary Status Dollar eCoin $$ IMPROVED Halving | KGW Fix Update!!!  (Read 578412 times)
jacquette

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:28:53 PM

Unitary Status Dollar eCoin

Unitary|Status Dollar eCoin

or maybe im wrong.. whos knows  Tongue

what's wrong with you guys ?
The name is unique and very attractive !

in chinese, 电子美元, which is so sweet and dreaming to us,, coz everyone loves dollar, therefore loves dollar Ecoin !

Stop this and dont change any. you may spoil this coin !

MOVE to the next ! Focus on further development !

+1

USDe @ reddit Click Here

travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:55:58 PM

So it looks like we are about ~4850 blocks away from our 2nd and final fork to remove all bonus payouts for USDe.  In the USA, this is about 3.3 days away at the 1 minute per block rate.  That means everyone really needs to be on the updated wallet/code as of ~Saturday late AM in the USA (I'm speaking from the CST/Chicago time zone) - adjust as necessary!

This will be an exciting change and we will make sure it goes as smooth as possible.  Exchanges have already been updating that we work with but again few tips as we can assume some services may not have proactively made the update:

Personally
1.  MOST IMPORTANTLY - make sure your personal wallet is up to date.  This would show protocol version 00003 if you type "getinfo" into the debug console.

Exchanges:
1. If you make transactions to width drawl from an exchange on Saturday - Monday, first try a small amount to ensure they are on the right block chain.  If you receive it after the fork then they are good to go.
2. If errors do occur with deposits/withdrawls at exchanges, the good news is they can be fixed by the side with incorrect block chain deleting it, updating, and rescanning in the new one - don't panic.

Pools
1. Proactively ask your pool in advance if they don't have news if they have updated.  Most have but there could be some smaller ones out there.
2. Note, any coins that are mined on a pool that has not updated will not be recoverable - as technically they never existed not the right block chain.

The board as well as entire community will be monitoring this fork of course and let's all work together to prepare, allow it to occur smoothly, and then move on from there.  This will create a new level of predictability and fairness for the average miner for USDe, create a little more scarcity, and set a strong base for other improvements that are going to be made in the months ahead that are nontechnical (marketing, redesign, acceptance, etc.).

Thanks all!

-T

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
Symbiont

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:05:39 PM

Looks like coinmarket.io keeps offline and the coins are gone. I "lost" 4-5 BTC in BTC, USDe, ICN and SMC at the current rate. I have had 2 million USDe over there. This sucks.
jacquette

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:10:32 PM

So it looks like we are about ~4850 blocks away from our 2nd and final fork to remove all bonus payouts for USDe.  In the USA, this is about 3.3 days away at the 1 minute per block rate.  That means everyone really needs to be on the updated wallet/code as of ~Saturday late AM in the USA (I'm speaking from the CST/Chicago time zone) - adjust as necessary!

This will be an exciting change and we will make sure it goes as smooth as possible.  Exchanges have already been updating that we work with but again few tips as we can assume some services may not have proactively made the update:

Personally
1.  MOST IMPORTANTLY - make sure your personal wallet is up to date.  This would show protocol version 00003 if you type "getinfo" into the debug console.

Exchanges:
1. If you make transactions to width drawl from an exchange on Saturday - Monday, first try a small amount to ensure they are on the right block chain.  If you receive it after the fork then they are good to go.
2. If errors do occur with deposits/withdrawls at exchanges, the good news is they can be fixed by the side with incorrect block chain deleting it, updating, and rescanning in the new one - don't panic.

Pools
1. Proactively ask your pool in advance if they don't have news if they have updated.  Most have but there could be some smaller ones out there.
2. Note, any coins that are mined on a pool that has not updated will not be recoverable - as technically they never existed not the right block chain.

The board as well as entire community will be monitoring this fork of course and let's all work together to prepare, allow it to occur smoothly, and then move on from there.  This will create a new level of predictability and fairness for the average miner for USDe, create a little more scarcity, and set a strong base for other improvements that are going to be made in the months ahead that are nontechnical (marketing, redesign, acceptance, etc.).

Thanks all!

-T

they should add you to the team. your very active here..

USDe @ reddit Click Here

atlet_ante

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:11:00 PM

Looks like coinmarket.io keeps offline and the coins are gone. I "lost" 4-5 BTC in BTC, USDe, ICN and SMC at the current rate. I have had 2 million USDe over there. This sucks.
Shit! I really hope it gets solved.
jacquette

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:12:22 PM

{
"version" : 1000100,
"protocolversion" : 60002,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 145230.42605040,
"blocks" : 102663,
"connections" : 61,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 8.22291167,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1391020295,
"keypoolsize" : 100,
"paytxfee" : 0.01000000,
"mininput" : 0.00010000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
"errors" : ""
}

edit: HA! got the right version now..

{
"version" : 1000300,
"protocolversion" : 1000300,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 9480,
"connections" : 2,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 1.00000000,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1394633846,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.01000000,
"mininput" : 0.00010000,
"errors" : ""
}

USDe @ reddit Click Here

USD-e (OP)

Activity: 196

Cryptonankee - your trusted USDe servant

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 02:18:42 PM

Jacquette,

It looks like you may be behind a version? 

Download and run the latest version of the wallet, please:
http://usd-e.com/download/win/3.5.2014/USDe.zip

Personally

Exchanges:

Pools

Thanks all!

-T

they should add you to the team. your very active here..

Donate to the USDe Development Fund BTC: 1N2ZrY7zft13WY1hw8zfAHc2pDzXFXFj1Y   USDe: Gg4LbCtSzw7HoFd5np2TuXD6TRty32U6ug

Do you have USDe in YOUR Wallet?
jacquette

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:24:53 PM

Jacquette,

It looks like you may be behind a version?  

Download and run the latest version of the wallet, please:
http://usd-e.com/download/win/3.5.2014/USDe.zip

i had to delete the USDe folder in AppData. everything is syncing and working. im now on the right version.  Cheesy

USDe @ reddit Click Here

jacquette

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:08:43 PM

I'm not going to lie..

this looking pretty damn good..

https://agx.io/markets/287/trade

USDe @ reddit Click Here

travwill

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:57:29 PM

I'm not going to lie..

Yeah, I like the look of AGX as well, definitely has some potential to become widely used if they keep up the quality support and communications.  Plus, they are technically based in Austin TX, so a local USA based exchange - maybe a little more dependable/respected?  USDe is going to be on AGX when it launches soon.

FYI - I am working with/on the board and the team is coming together all the time, constantly throughout the day monitoring activity, and there are some solid project plans coming together.  Improvements will come, not every single day of course, but some consistent improvements will keep coming for USDe rest assured.  I believe some communication on this organization will be due out soon.

Take good care and thanks for being such a verbal strong supporter as well.

-T

VIRTUAL WORLDS
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:26:59 PM

I'm not going to lie..

Yeah, I like the look of AGX as well, definitely has some potential to become widely used if they keep up the quality support and communications.  Plus, they are technically based in Austin TX, so a local USA based exchange - maybe a little more dependable/respected?  USDe is going to be on AGX when it launches soon.

FYI - I am working with/on the board and the team is coming together all the time, constantly throughout the day monitoring activity, and there are some solid project plans coming together.  Improvements will come, not every single day of course, but some consistent improvements will keep coming for USDe rest assured.  I believe some communication on this organization will be due out soon.

Take good care and thanks for being such a verbal strong supporter as well.

-T

Ya.. Why are you not a moderator on the subreddit?  Are you a moderator on the forums?
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:31:08 PM

Unitary Status Dollar eCoin

Unitary|Status Dollar eCoin

or maybe im wrong.. whos knows  Tongue

what's wrong with you guys ?
The name is unique and very attractive !

in chinese, 电子美元, which is so sweet and dreaming to us,, coz everyone loves dollar, therefore loves dollar Ecoin !

Stop this and dont change any. you may spoil this coin !

MOVE to the next ! Focus on further development !

I'm only posing the question because it would be a good idea for a definition of "Unitary Status" on the website.  

What exactly does that mean and why was this chosen?  

I would imagine that new-comers to this coin and regular people are going to wonder what the hell Unitary Status means.  

Create your own definition on the website if you must, but some explanation of why that name was chosen would be agood idea.

So far, I can only find a definition that refers to desegregation.  

Cheers
robrob

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:36:33 PM

anyone have issue with the new wallet?

Not me, what is your problem?

my issue tat my coins are in unconfirmed state. in the old wallet everything is confirm. but i move to the new wallet, half of my coins are in unconfirmed.
Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:45:55 PM

my issue tat my coins are in unconfirmed state. in the old wallet everything is confirm. but i move to the new wallet, half of my coins are in unconfirmed.

may I guess its not synced ?
tokyopotato
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

is your wallet totally synced?
travwill

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:24:03 PM

robrob, what kind of coins are in question here?

1. Were they incoming incoming/received coin transactions?  If so, where from, a Pool, and when, etc?  If the pool was not on correct chain when send them (and creating/mining them) then they will never arrive or exist again.
2. If outgoing, then when did you send them?  Those should time out if were on the wrong block chain for example.

You can delete everything but the wallet.dat file (also back it up to be safe) and restart the wallet.  It will redownload the entire USDe block chain.  If #1 above was true, they will just disappear, you will have never received them and they won't be there anymore waiting for confirm - sorry.

VIRTUAL WORLDS
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
erthwjim

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:37:12 PM

In case nobody knows about this case, might as well look it up for your own educational purposes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Dollar

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/25/us/liberty-dollar-creator-awaits-his-fate-behind-bars.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I'm not sure if it is relevant at all to USDe, but it's worth thinking about.

Just did some quick reading from the wiki, this kind of stands out ( 18 U.S.C. § 486)
Whoever, except as authorized by law, makes or utters or passes, or attempts to utter or pass, any coins of gold or silver or other metal, or alloys of metals, intended for use as current money, whether in the resemblance of coins of the United States or of foreign countries, or of original design, shall be fined under this title  [1] or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

This one seems a little more concerning, as the above seems to be based on physical properties, and this one doesn't seem to have such a limit:
18 U.S.C. § 514 http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/514

And reading through the rest of the wiki, the other codes seem to be around fraud and the use of gold/silver as currency. You can find most of the codes violated in this section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Dollar#Indictment.

I don't think the liberty dollar scenario can be applied to USDe specifically, but it could be applied to any currency that hopes to "undermine" the US dollar and take its place.

Granted I'm not a lawyer, but beyond such concerns as they apply to digital currency, I'm wondering about exchanges running in the US and the laws that might or might not surround them. This particular wiki sticks out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_currency_exchanger#Regulatory_issues and these phrases stick out: "operation of an unlicensed money transmitting business"; "on charges of operating an illegal digital currency exchange and money transmittal business";

Granted wiki isn't the best source of info, but it gives you a basic idea, more or less that the US government doesn't like competition. I do hope the Austin exchange knows what they're doing.
gnomegawd

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:13:48 PM

not all is lost man, soon as it's up again transfer out, i managed to get most of my stuff out of there when it was up for 30 hours.
travwill

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:16:15 PM

In case nobody knows about this case, might as well look it up for your own educational purposes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/25/us/liberty-dollar-creator-awaits-his-fate-behind-bars.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Just did some quick reading from the wiki, this kind of stands out ( 18 U.S.C. § 486)
Whoever, except as authorized by law, makes or utters or passes, or attempts to utter or pass, any coins of gold or silver or other metal, or alloys of metals, intended for use as current money, whether in the resemblance of coins of the United States or of foreign countries, or of original design, shall be fined under this title  [1] or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

This one seems a little more concerning, as the above seems to be based on physical properties, and this one doesn't seem to have such a limit:

And reading through the rest of the wiki, the other codes seem to be around fraud and the use of gold/silver as currency. You can find most of the codes violated in this section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty_Dollar#Indictment.

I don't think the liberty dollar scenario can be applied to USDe specifically, but it could be applied to any currency that hopes to "undermine" the US dollar and take its place.

Granted I'm not a lawyer, but beyond such concerns as they apply to digital currency, I'm wondering about exchanges running in the US and the laws that might or might not surround them. This particular wiki sticks out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_currency_exchanger#Regulatory_issues and these phrases stick out: "operation of an unlicensed money transmitting business"; "on charges of operating an illegal digital currency exchange and money transmittal business";

Granted wiki isn't the best source of info, but it gives you a basic idea, more or less that the US government doesn't like competition. I do hope the Austin exchange knows what they're doing.

Agree on a few things:
1. It'll be interested to see how USA based exchanges fair.  Technically Coinbase is an exchange for USD to BTC and is doing fine.  AGX is launching in Austin TX, etc.  It comes down to local state law regulations at this point and eventually more Federal.  At minimum though, all USA based exchanges have to fully comply with anti-money laundering laws, thus is why you have to validate your identity and address on these exchanges (especially to insert/withdraw) money into or from the digital realm where it moves so easily.
2. USDe is in not going to have issue trying to emulate the USDE (dept of education) or undermining the US Dollar.  It is and setting up to be a new common currency that carries the "Dollar" type/name, just like 21 other countries do.  There is a patriotic theme here associate with it which will continuously be evaluated I'm sure so that the currency well represents "a global" approach

My quick 2 cents at this time of thought...

VIRTUAL WORLDS
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
gnomegawd

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 06:18:16 PM

wow your shit needs to stop, annoying, pointless also. so with movies and downloads have they stopped that? nope, will they stop this, nope.
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 506 »
  Print  

Jump to: