Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:45:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks is accepting Crypto!  (Read 3168 times)
jennerpower

Activity: 255
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:17:58 AM

This is really a great news! I won't be surprised if one day paper bills and coins will vanished. We all know that the technology is getting great in every generations. Cryptocurrency is our future and this will make us more convenient and make our life easier. We should always think that our security is in our hands when it comes to our wallets. I hope more and more security will be given.

marinsoalan079

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:16:42 AM

i have to admit that this is a very big step for the crypto currencies. Of course this is  not and top solution that you have to change your cryptos for gifft cards before buying
mksundip

Activity: 726
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:17:54 AM

I do not know if this news has been confirmed from the Starbucks, if true I hope can be applied throughout the world including Indonesia

jaeden1024

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:25:34 AM

It is nice to hear that they are engage in crypto currencies, may be some other compony are willing to engage  for many advantages due to our daily life. We to support and patronize for many reasons for the good of our society's.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
arditiyan

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:26:53 AM

I see this is a very good symbiosis and mutual benefit, starbuck will help crypto known more widely and worldwide

lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:29:35 AM

Forgive me but I fail to see how this promotes the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies.
What Zeex does, if I understand it correctly, is help you convert your coins into a gift card,
which you can then use to buy coffee. It's more or less the same as converting your coins into fiat money
in order to buy coffee. If Starbucks really wanted to help promoting crypto, it could accept direct payments in crypto.
Earlier this years one of the Starbucks' CEOs said that he didn't  believe in Bitcoin.
That's enough of a hint to me as to what their position is.

So your point would be not to use crypto at all? This is a solution for not having to convert back to fiat and not having to pay fees.

So as a personal example as a UK crypto holder I would have to convert my eth back to fiat using Coinbase with the fees and time it entails and then wait for it to clear in my bank account before buying my coffee at Starbucks.

Or I could do as the guy in the video did, walk into Starbucks buy a gift token with eth or zix using the app and be out there in minutes with my coffee.  Smiley

I don't see this as the be all and end all of mass adoption but it is a step in the right direction.

I see the usage of Zeex platform as a method to quickly use your cryptocurrencies as a mode of payment through gift cards which is as of the moment an alternative for cryptocurrency payments as many companies would still not want them as a mode of payment for its volatility. However I understand Howard Roark's point that it is still the mass adoption of crypto that we would want in the commercial market as you would still to exchange your crypto, but for now it is still the best solution while we are waiting for cryptocurrencies to be accepted as a mode of payment of big commercial companies.
nemey

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Catena X

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:57:03 AM

I think it is a very good information as I know. Starbuck, who don't know this big company? With the presence of Starbucks in crypto, I really hope that the other industries can follow this step forward. Moreover, many more industries following the crypto, it will give a good effect for the crypto itself.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
HighlanderMonk

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:15:48 AM

If it is not just a way to get some money so i can say that this is a good news. But I don't understand why you should create your own token to operate with cryptocurrency.
bibitao67

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:58:53 AM

More and more large group companies are now entering the crypto market,This is a very encouraging news for the entire industry.Companies like Starbucks have many operating points around the world. Their joining is considered to provide the greatest help for crypto because they have a large customer base. I will pay attention to such news. thank you for your sharing.
firstsnow839

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:21:03 AM

i have to admit that this is a very big step for the crypto currencies. Of course this is  not and top solution that you have to change your cryptos for gifft cards before buying
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:01:39 PM

If starbucks is accepting cryptocurrency then it is good to be heard because this symbolized that cryptocurrency is in demand business which favor to them company to be profitable enough.
Script

Activity: 263

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 09:39:46 PM

I think there is nothing bad about this fact. Now each company will aim to introduce the crypto in their payment system. There is no way back, now it's become a part of brands' competition as a whole.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:51:03 PM

Could your headline BE any more clickbait-y??! Crypto has a long way to go before it becomes part of the everyday transactional experience. Rather than lament it, I wish more developers would work on real world use cases and ways to 'normalise' crypto as a means of payment for the general public
strauberyg

Activity: 111

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:12:10 AM

That is good news. hope that it will work in the whole brand chain, i mean in all countries where starbuck exists. but the way of payment actually is not the best. hashcard offers more comfortable way
strauberyg

Activity: 111

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:12:52 AM

I am pleased to see such improvements like this Smiley I believe that, most companies will use bitcoin technology soon.
blu.storm

Activity: 320
Merit: 17

free space pm if interessed

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:38:48 AM

wow this is really great news, we're walking in the future, starbucks that will accept the crypto is fantastic

free space pm if interessed
marn6767

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:41:27 AM

big chains accepting crypt money makes it possible for crypto money to be seen by large masses. crypto money can be accepted and legalized by everyone
PerLasz

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:47:37 AM

It wasn't impossible because Starbucks is one of the big companies in our world who love by coffee lover people. This was another milestone for Starbucks with crypto business.
kingzues09

Activity: 226
Merit: 14

BaanX

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:29:02 PM

Oh great i wish i was there in your country that accepts bitcoin coz i really love coffee that's my favorite stop over place. Hanging out with my friends using our laptop and doing some research
I hope we my country will adopt bitcoin as a payment provider. i hate cash anymore Lol!

Howard Roark (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:07:08 AM

If it is not just a way to get some money so i can say that this is a good news. But I don't understand why you should create your own token to operate with cryptocurrency.

This Medium article is a good explanation of why we have our own Zix token

https://medium.com/the-zeex-protocol/staking-your-claim-with-zix-c7c6d1aa2cb3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: