Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:39:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks is accepting Crypto!  (Read 3168 times)
Howard Roark (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:19:28 AM

Could your headline BE any more clickbait-y??! Crypto has a long way to go before it becomes part of the everyday transactional experience. Rather than lament it, I wish more developers would work on real world use cases and ways to 'normalise' crypto as a means of payment for the general public

Haha, I did go for a Clickbait title. Personally, I think this is a step closer to real World use. For instance I would put the app on my own phone and use it at a number of retailers but I could also put it on my wife's phone and load it up with Zix or eth, my kids phones and even my elderly mum's phone, she could use the app to do her weekly shop at Tesco's with it.
funchiestz

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:21:16 AM

I think, It is not acceptable for all countries. For example in my country it is not acceptable for now. Maybe it will be soon.
ryurifai

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:22:02 AM

I believe that we are heading into a new age, in which blockchain technology is going to provide a significant level of a digital currency that is going to have a consumer application. And I believe that Starbucks is in a unique position to take advantage of that…
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:29:53 AM

Could your headline BE any more clickbait-y??! Crypto has a long way to go before it becomes part of the everyday transactional experience. Rather than lament it, I wish more developers would work on real world use cases and ways to 'normalise' crypto as a means of payment for the general public

Haha, I did go for a Clickbait title. Personally, I think this is a step closer to real World use. For instance I would put the app on my own phone and use it at a number of retailers but I could also put it on my wife's phone and load it up with Zix or eth, my kids phones and even my elderly mum's phone, she could use the app to do her weekly shop at Tesco's with it.
It possible but many thing will change and many thing should be considered because once crypto become part of of a real world, the government can be oppose a law to it and they might control it, once it become part of daily transaction or can payment in some store like starbucks. But now i think it's not yet happen that Starbucks is accepting a crypto as payment, maybe if the value of bitcoin is become stable, then surely it will accept it as payment.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
miejokky

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:05:17 PM

i have to admit that this is a very big step for the crypto currencies. Of course this is  not and top solution that you have to change your cryptos for gifft cards before buying
hoasdnz77

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:08:27 AM

This is a very good news. Although the power of Starbucks can not affect the direction of the cryptocurrency. But I have to say that Starbucks' strategy is very successful. If you use cryptocurrency for payment then. At least the user is noble. It is mainstream. It is avant-garde. Very good strategy. It should be possible to reverse the existing starbucks situation that Starbucks already has. The Starbucks Group will be better developed.
joanamaybe

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:40:28 PM

I remember many years ago we could buy gift cards, including Starbucks if I remember correct, with apps on our phones instantly with Bitcoin. Off the top of my head I remember Gyft specifically.
Jasper Dudong

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 02:44:02 PM

This is a great news. One of the biggest companies in the world is accepting cryptocurrency. This is just the beginning of this massive revolution that will change the world's financial industry and how people view money.
hoangnhungg555

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:51:18 PM

I hope it is readily available in all Starbucks Store worldwide so I can use it in a daily basis. I can't wait to use cryptocurrency in a way that I don't need to exchange my cryptocurrency to fiat currency.
bienvang192

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:52:34 AM

Nowadays, ICO are becoming more popular. There are a lot of promising ICO on the market, but in my opinion one of the most promising ones in our day is the project Vireo. It’s really cool  ICO! Check it!
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:56:59 AM

I think, It is not acceptable for all countries. For example in my country it is not acceptable for now. Maybe it will be soon.
Only few branch not all of their store, if they do officially accept cryptocurrency as a represent of their company then they will make an official announcement but they don't so that I can assume it's an initiative of the branch's manager.
But you can buy starbuck gift card for bitcoin and its pretty much the same, the different is you dont need to wait for confirmation when checking it out at the merchant.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:01:14 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2018, 02:16:16 AM by hastag_80

Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s
Wow! its great news that we heard,this means that crypto investment is moving forwards towards its goal as a cashless society ,this means that cryptocurrency investment become popular worldwide,thats why this good news that starbucks start now accepting crypto coins,this means that the world become smaller and accomodated,because there are ways that you cannot pay a paper money ,and its easy now to make a payment in starbucks without hassle in your side  when you want to drink coffe.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
gohan21

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:34:08 AM

What do you mean crypto? all of altcoins is accepting starbucks but i think only bitcoin can send money to that, but they also accept online stores that the fee is bitcoin I think there are many more options to accept bitcoin fees at different malls.
morozo

Activity: 106
Merit: 15

Your Gate to Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:02:09 AM

That‘s a good development but I don‘t undertand why they have to use that Zeex app, why not accept 2-3 common used crypto currencies tobmake it easy...?

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
DogmaF10

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:08:29 AM

Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

A great breakthrough and brave actions too regarding they recently plan to close around 150 stores across USA. Their CEO Kevin Johnson said that their performance didn't reflect their potential of the exceptional brand and that was unacceptable, as they stock prices are goes down too..
But i hope it will brings positive effects to starbucks and also for Cryptocurrencies world
nguyenthanhvien

Activity: 148

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 03:11:15 AM

This news is not new. I also know crypto is used in the  World Cup 2018  in Russia. Is it time to end the paper money era?
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:11:30 AM

That‘s a good development but I don‘t undertand why they have to use that Zeex app, why not accept 2-3 common used crypto currencies tobmake it easy...?
Maybe they just happen to have business relationship? although it's now well-known but if its work then it will be okay.
People just want to get their cofee in exchange of bitcoin and not want to get through complicated payment gateway, that's maybe where the reason lies.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:15:54 AM

I thought it is a direct payment to starbucks. There are already many applications like that in which you will buy some cards o services using their tokens or coins. Innovations in blockchains and cryptocurrency are getting more attentions to many companies and industries as well.
Aum Ram

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:24:10 AM

This is very cool news. For all fans of crypto currency, this means that we all have become a little freer in this world! Starbucks is power!
jofox

Activity: 648
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:42:28 AM

wow nice, hope may have this in Philippines.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: