Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks is accepting Crypto!  (Read 3168 times)
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:09:41 PM

Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s

It is very cool! More than such projects! And then the world will quickly understand all the advantages of crypto currency. And there would be more such shops that are not afraid to accept the payment for a payment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Howard Roark (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:12:18 PM

Is this true, if yes this is interesting news to follow.
I would definitely support this project if this is true, starbucks is a great company that is famous all over the world.

If you watch the video you will see how it is done using the Zeex App https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s
JibadeDotun

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:13:16 PM

This is a very nice and welcomed development, I just hope it cross across other bigger platforms too.
stanforders

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:13:43 PM

That's good news. I hope that more famous enterprises will join in the embrace of the password world in the future.
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:16:24 PM

It is very good news for the whole crypto community. Such big companies as Starbuck are spread all over the world so people will hear about it in many interesting and trust more in crypto currencies.
sky9314

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:23:21 PM

The good news is that Starbucks, as a well-known restaurant industry, actually accepts cryptocurrencies. This is a good trend. More and more companies will be able to use cryptocurrencies for settlement in the future.
kendedes

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:23:29 PM

Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s

If this news is true at all, it can be a good news for the crypto world. Probably, it is just one of the big companies in the world. but, now we know that many more companies trust cryptocurrency by involved in it. The crypto is very useful to ease the payment method. What's about the others?

▄▄▀▀ ▄▄▄███▀▀ ╙███▄▄
 █▀ ▄██▀└,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ¬╙▀ ▄▄
 ,▄█▀,▄▄█▀▀▀¡╓╓╓  ▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█▄
▄█▀ ▄█▀.▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█▄µ ▀█▄ ▀█╖
▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀`▄▄██▀▀██▄µ`┘,▄  ▄⌐╙█▄
▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀,▄▄▄▄▄µ└▀█▄ ▀█ ╙█╖╙█▌
▀ ▄█▀,▄█▀,▄█▀└;┌▀▀█▄ █▌ █▌ ║█ ▐█
╔▄┘ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▄ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█  ▄ ▐█
█▀ ██ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ██ ║█ ║█ ║█ ▐█
  █▌ ▄█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█┘╓█▌ █▌ █▌
 ██ ▄█ ▄█┘,█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀ ▄█▀,█▌ ▄█
▐█ ╓█¬╓█H █▌ ██ ▄█▀ ╓ ▀ ▄█▀ █▀
██ ██ ██ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█ ╓█▀ ▄█▀ ╓█▀
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ ▄┐ █▌ █▌ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘ ▀┘
█▌ █▌    █▌
   █▌ █▌ ▀┘
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
█▌ █▌ █▌ █▌
▀┘ █▌ █▌ █▌
   ▀┘ ▀┘
Privix.

Become part of a decentralized virtual
private network based on masternodes
and start earning money today.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
██
▀█
██

iL_P4driNo

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:30:06 PM

It's a good news to hear. "Cryptocurrencies Accepted" signs in every Starbucks can bring more people to cryptocurrencies world.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:32:40 PM

It's a good news to hear. "Cryptocurrencies Accepted" signs in every Starbucks can bring more people to cryptocurrencies world.

I'm not sure signs will be up as this is a unique way of buying your coffee with crypto check out the video to understand the concept  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:34:16 PM

This a great move for Zeex if ever this will happen. Although gift cards can only be spent on a certain store, its still great to hear that someone is accepting bitcoin as payment. Hopefully, other another competitor will come up to consider it as a successful product. When this happens, more and more billers will join and accept bitcoin as payments. In the meantime, let us enjoy the Zeex app and be proud that we used our bitcoin to buy some coffee. Cheers to everyone.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Blondy12

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:42:00 PM

Forgive me but I fail to see how this promotes the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies.
What Zeex does, if I understand it correctly, is help you convert your coins into a gift card,
which you can then use to buy coffee. It's more or less the same as converting your coins into fiat money
in order to buy coffee. If Starbucks really wanted to help promoting crypto, it could accept direct payments in crypto.
Earlier this years one of the Starbucks' CEOs said that he didn't  believe in Bitcoin.
That's enough of a hint to me as to what their position is.

Very well said mate. It is not the bitcoin itself that are accepted because if it so then we don’t need to use gift card just to buy a cup of coffee or a frappes from starbucks. Same as paying bills, in my country we have this local wallet that we can use to pay bills but we still need to convert our bitcoins into cash before we can make a transactions. I guess its hard yet to adapt a currency that are volatile and that in the near future many establishments like shops, restaurants and etc that will accepts cryptocurrencies itself as payments.
Lazarusabi

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:43:20 PM

It is a good start for spending cryptos. But is it cheaper to buy the coffee by exchanging the crypto to a gift card?
Or just paying with fiat or credit card?
Also with cryptos, you need to wait that the transaction is confirmed and it can be very slow.
rockybar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:48:13 PM

it was a great move to starbucks, accepting cryptocurrency is a big help to the company. its more convenient for those people who loves coffee at the same time crypto. hopefully time will come all establishments will accept crypto. good job Starbucks.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:49:34 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2020, 12:57:20 PM by chanler

-snip-
That's right. Just keep going to wait for the next official news about this. I'm sure that there will be many more industries that will accept cryptocurrency as one of their transaction payment. It is very happy to know this.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:52:38 PM

Forgive me but I fail to see how this promotes the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies.
What Zeex does, if I understand it correctly, is help you convert your coins into a gift card,
which you can then use to buy coffee. It's more or less the same as converting your coins into fiat money
in order to buy coffee. If Starbucks really wanted to help promoting crypto, it could accept direct payments in crypto.
Earlier this years one of the Starbucks' CEOs said that he didn't  believe in Bitcoin.
That's enough of a hint to me as to what their position is.

Very well said mate. It is not the bitcoin itself that are accepted because if it so then we don’t need to use gift card just to buy a cup of coffee or a frappes from starbucks. Same as paying bills, in my country we have this local wallet that we can use to pay bills but we still need to convert our bitcoins into cash before we can make a transactions. I guess its hard yet to adapt a currency that are volatile and that in the near future many establishments like shops, restaurants and etc that will accepts cryptocurrencies itself as payments.

Personally, I'd be happy to use an app where you can exchange your crypto for products or services, its 3 taps without any converting to fiat or any fees. I'm not sure I understand the problem that anyone would have with it?? For instance, I can sit in Starbucks while trading and use my profits to buy coffee and maybe order on Amazon at the same time in a matter of minutes..I'd say that this is pretty game changing even if you are using gift cards as an intermediary to do this.
Cryptokarl

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:04:14 PM

That is a fantastic news I must say. I believe that one day. Crypto would be used in our day to day lives as well
thorvald

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:17:10 PM

Eh, I don't know if this really counts as Starbucks accepting cryptocurrency, but it's a nice headline Wink I'm glad the Zeex project at least encourages people to use crypto more.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▀  ███▄
████████████▀▀    ▀▀███▀  ▄█████
██████████▀         ██▀  ▄████████
█████████▀      ▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄██████████
████████     ▄██████▀  ▄██  ████████
████████     ███████▀  ▄██    ████████
████████    ██████▀  ▄████    ████████
████████    █████▀  ▄█████    ████████
████████    ███▀  ▄██████     ████████
████████  ███▀  ▄█████▀     ████████
███████████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀      ▄█████████
█████████▀  ▄█         ▄██████████
██████▀  ▄██▄▄    ▄▄████████████
▀████  ▄█████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

██████            ██████          ▄▄██████          ▄▄███████▄▄                ▄▄███████▄▄
 ██████          ██████        ▄██████████       ▄███████████████▄          ▄███████████████▄
 ▀█████▄        ▄█████▀       ████████████      ███████████████████        ███████████████████
  ▀█████▄      ▄█████▀       ████████▀▀        ███████▀▀    ▀▀██████      ██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
   ██████      ██████       ███████           ██████▀       ▄██████      █████▀           ▀█████
   ▀█████▄    ▄█████▀      ███████           ██████       ▄██████▀      █████               █████
    ▀█████▄  ▄█████▀       ██████            █████      ▄██████▀        █████               █████
     ██████  ██████        ██████            █████    ▄██████▀          █████               █████
     ▀█████▄▄█████▀        ██████            █████▄ ▄██████▀            █████               █████
      ▀██████████▀         ██████             ███████████▀     ▄███▄     █████▄           ▄█████
       ██████████          ██████              ████████▀    ▄▄██████      ██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
       ▀████████▀          ██████               ███████████████████        ███████████████████
        ▀██████▀           ██████                ▀███████████████▀          ▀███████████████▀
         ▀████▀            ██████                   ▀▀███████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀

[
 ▄███████████████████████▄
██▀                     ▀██
██  ▄█████████████████▄  ██
██  ███             ███  ██
██  ▀████████████████▀   ██
██                       ██
██                  ▄▄▄  ██
██   ██             ███  ██
██ ██████       ▄▄▄      ██
██   ██         ███    ▄ ██
██        ▄  ▄       ▄▀ ▄██
██      ▄▀ ▄▀      ▄▀ ▄██▀
██▄               ▀ ▄██▀
 ▀███████████████████▀
Telegram
ANN Thread
Website
]
Driggers95

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:25:44 PM

Maybe this is the best news today. But I still do not understand why the price of the market fell low. a few days recently, there are a lot of good news for electronic money and I thought the price will rise, but I was wrong

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Bolivar_Tony

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:27:29 PM

it's really real and it's been proven to buy a cup of coffee with ETH it's to a very extraordinary masters but in my country there is nothing like it in starbucks
I do not think buy a cup of coffee with ETH. Because if we buy a cup of coffee we will have to transfer ETH to Starbucks' wallet. And at the expense of transferring money, I think we would lose a lot of money if we drink coffee every day

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
karramov

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:30:08 PM

It would be really cool if I could buy coffee for Krypto. I want to already use the crypt in stores
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: