Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:41:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks is accepting Crypto!  (Read 3168 times)
Howard Roark (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:36:34 AM

So your point would be not to use crypto at all? This is a solution for not having to convert back to fiat and not having to pay fees.
No my point is quite the contrary. Why don't they implement a solution where you and I can buy directly with crypto, without any sort of intermediary? What's preventing them to do so?

Good questions and I think eventually if and when the market finally wakes up to this they will, I guess what's preventing them is the current volatility and like all the other big companies they are waiting for others to take the first steps. While Zeex isn't a perfect solution it is providing an easy way to encourage us crypto holders to use our holdings within the cryptoverse  Cool to pay for services and products.
Yes, the usual excuse is volatility. It would be a risky move for a company of that size. But without risk there is no reward. Imagine what kind of popularity and media exposure would such a step imply. The first coffeehouse chain to except direct bitcoin payments. Hell, the fifth most admired company worldwide accepting direct bitcoin payments.
I think this is just a gimmick. No one mall will accept crypto currencies with uncertain prices. This is a very risky behavior. For a company like Starbucks, it needs a stable profit.

You need to watch the video its using a fixed denomination gift card so that won't be an issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:39:12 AM

Wow, that is great! Now I can easily buy coffee without carrying any amount of money in my pocket, instead of using money, from now on I'll be happily using my current holdings in buying things I want and hopefully it does not only stay on starbucks, I honestly think that starbucks would also earn more as they are stepping into something more here, I just hope that this is true and if it is then our coffee breaks would be much more nicer.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:39:41 AM

I know about the zeex. But they are still not in the fully operational mode yet. They are also having services where they are going to list the amazon, eBay and other shopping sites for which you will get the gift cards. This is perfect opportunity for us to use the crypto currency that we hold in the way we want. Whether or not it will work 100% but the project does look good to me and will receive huge response from the community that is for sure.

Wondering how they will collaborate with all the merchandise world wide to give us the crypto to real world certificates. The project insights should be studied for this one.
dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:45:00 AM

After KFC for this time starbucks also receive bitcoin payment, but very in pity only applies in certain countries. Not all countries can accept bitcoin as payment.
AiwonOleh

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:47:22 AM

This is a very good news for this market, as it will become even more popular and more people will begin to use crypto coins, and even more so such a big company will make its contribution to this market.
Stac

Activity: 419

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:47:55 AM

Wow that's a good thing to hear that starbucks started accepting crypto currency moving towards digitization  as the world is moving to a digitalized world it is better to accept the latest technology which will attract more customers to the business and causing for the maximizing profit for the business. Now the altcoins are getting popularity due to increased speed of transaction with low or minimal transactional charges, as years pass by or may be in the next five years time mostly all the world will definitely accept the crypto currency and block chain technology as the transactions are transparent and secure than any other means of payment.

Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:50:42 AM

I know about the zeex. But they are still not in the fully operational mode yet. They are also having services where they are going to list the amazon, eBay and other shopping sites for which you will get the gift cards. This is perfect opportunity for us to use the crypto currency that we hold in the way we want. Whether or not it will work 100% but the project does look good to me and will receive huge response from the community that is for sure.

Wondering how they will collaborate with all the merchandise world wide to give us the crypto to real world certificates. The project insights should be studied for this one.

Well the beauty of the project is that they will be collaborating with existing gift card suppliers that already have relationships with big retail brands.
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 09:53:34 AM

That's something really good in my opinion. The famous Starbucks and most people I think that goes there are kind of rich or have above average earnings should help spread crypto. That's a good step and looking forward for more developments.

BZingerB

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:55:15 AM

Great news. I have heard many times that small cafes or shops accept payment in a crypto currency. If the crypto currency can now be paid for in such large networks as Starbucks, it is inspiring.
So the crypto currency turns into real money with high liquidity.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:55:51 AM

After KFC for this time starbucks also receive bitcoin payment, but very in pity only applies in certain countries. Not all countries can accept bitcoin as payment.

Zeex plans to be a Global platform eventually they already have a partnership with a Russian gift card supplier and plan on building relationships with worldwide brands.
Xkaliber

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:08:32 AM

That's something really good in my opinion. The famous Starbucks and most people I think that goes there are kind of rich or have above average earnings should help spread crypto. That's a good step and looking forward for more developments.
It's very nice with a starbuck cafe as class accept crypto,
perhaps in the presence of this can inspire others as well,
and surely this includes a good development in the world of crypto itself
klement.i

Activity: 222
Merit: 2

"Sponsy Tokensale is Hot! www.sponsy.org"

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:09:49 AM

That's great news. Now you can work with full immersion. Sit in Starbucks, drink coffee, print posts, trade currency and pay it.

SPONSY •  DECENTRALIZING SPONSORSHIP INDUSTRY 
▎Big brands are joining! • Private Sale is On!  ▎
AlexKr

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:12:05 AM

I'm sure this is only the beginning. I think soon we will see the incredible spread of crypto currency around the world.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:12:19 AM

This is a good news.... I hope that other big companies will follow this example. If crypto could really be used in everyday life payments, that would be a good thing for everyone.
jb0386

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 10:14:57 AM

That's perfect! Starbucks is kind of a culture that is practiced worldwide, huge boost in spreading crypto awareness to as many people as possible
tomboi

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:15:39 AM

That's a very amazing news for more positive issues of the cryptocurrency. We all know that Starbucks is one of the most popular industries in the world. If this becomes one of the industries that accept crypto, it means that many more industries support the presence of the crypto. Of course, this issues brings good thinking. Hopefully, this news is true by the official.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:18:25 AM

That's a very amazing news for more positive issues of the cryptocurrency. We all know that Starbucks is one of the most popular industries in the world. If this becomes one of the industries that accept crypto, it means that many more industries support the presence of the crypto. Of course, this issues brings good thinking. Hopefully, this news is true by the official.

If you read the first post you will see how it is done, it will be through an App, the medium used to buy your Starbucks will be through gift cards using crypto to pay with no fees [other than the gift card] or having to change to fiat. Its a 3 tap process, so really easy

Watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s
Freldo

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:19:20 AM

What a time to be alive!
cryptoman512

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:19:44 AM

I have heard also about this Zeex platform. I am pretty sure its a good platform for businesses. As one thing we need for crypto is to be used in real world like business, not just like speculation, we all wanted to prove that Buffet made a mistake again in not realizing how powerful could be when blockchain and crypto is integrated to traditional business models.
marcripto

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:20:30 AM

This is very good news for the whole sector. The growth of the cryptocurrency market will depend in the coming months/years also on the diffusion and use of cryptocurrencies in everyday life, and I hope that more and more companies like Starbucks, allow their customers to use cryptocurrencies to buy products and services
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: