Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:37:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EXCHANGE] Poloniex - Crypto Exchange with BTC/NXT  (Read 272209 times)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:50:12 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2018, 02:25:09 PM by unamis76

While trying to make crypto less and less of a wild wild west, Poloniex has managed to make things far worse. From their announcement I was too under the impression that withdrawals would be available, which doesn't seem to be true for my legacy account. I consider myself scammed. I'm not sure how the current situation gives any trust to legacy account owners to actually get verified. I hope I can eventually manage to get out, but it doesn't seem this will be possible. I understand the importance of regulation and KYC, however I do not understand why funds need to be frozen when we were given the impression this wouldn't be the case.

In the end, it was my fault, of course, funds not on our keys aren't ours. Hopefully the rest of legacy users don't have a deal breaking amount there either Smiley

Here's the announcement for reference: https://archive.is/svOXP
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:22:48 AM

While trying to make crypto less and less of a wild wild west, Poloniex has managed to make things far worse. From their announcement I was too under the impression that withdrawals would be available, which doesn't seem to be true for my legacy account. I consider myself scammed. I'm not sure how the current situation gives any trust to legacy account owners to actually get verified. I hope I can eventually manage to get out, but it doesn't seem this will be possible. I understand the importance of regulation and KYC, however I do not understand why funds need to be frozen when we were given the impression this wouldn't be the case.

In the end, it was my fault, of course, funds not on our keys aren't ours. Hopefully the rest of legacy users don't have a deal breaking amount there either Smiley

here's the announcement for reference: https://archive.is/svOXP

Because they are bankers and bankers are thieves. It's pretty simple really, they think they can get away with it and it looks like they will.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:23:42 PM

Because they are bankers and bankers are thieves. It's pretty simple really, they think they can get away with it and it looks like they will.

From what I've gathered in the meantime I take it they cannot simply open withdrawals due to regulation for the fact they're probably required to know who they're dealing with. But this doesn't excuse them giving the impression we'd be able to access funds, of course.
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:16:53 PM

I would recommend never using Poloniex, and even more so now.
The past couple of months they have had numerous withdraw and deposit issues that were never resolved.  Now they have also locked numerous accounts with coins that could not be removed or held in limbo.
After months of waiting on tickets and being promised it would be worked on, it never was, so I have simply counted all my coins on my account as a loss.
Not like they were worth as much as when I first tried to withdraw them...

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:41:20 PM

From what I've gathered in the meantime I take it they cannot simply open withdrawals due to regulation for the fact they're probably required to know who they're dealing with. But this doesn't excuse them giving the impression we'd be able to access funds, of course.

They knew exactly what the regulation was going to be and they out right lied to steal. There is no excuse.

I would recommend never using Poloniex, and even more so now.
The past couple of months they have had numerous withdraw and deposit issues that were never resolved.  Now they have also locked numerous accounts with coins that could not be removed or held in limbo.
After months of waiting on tickets and being promised it would be worked on, it never was, so I have simply counted all my coins on my account as a loss.
Not like they were worth as much as when I first tried to withdraw them...

Post this post and your ticket numbers in this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4400856.msg39163811#msg39163811

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
onionpealer

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:37:07 PM

They froze mine and in order to unfreeze it and get verified you must agree to their terms which states that you cannot sue them. Nice Catch 22. I'm calling my attorney generals office during the week.

It is obvious they are trying to steal funds. They cannot legally hold your assets hostage unless you agree not to sue them, that is called extortion.

And to put a time limit under a month is ridiculous, they gave me 14 days. Well I'll see them in court and collect 100's of thousands for the grand they have held.

It's time for a Class action suit now, they really stepped in it with this email.

Whoever is starting the legal proceedings get in touch with me, I'm in and I have a lot more ammo than this on Polo.

I agree with you. I even tried several times over the last few months to get verified, and each time, it doesn't work - but I don't get any kind of email or explanation why. Then I get an email from Poloniex saying that my account is frozen.

This is unbelievable. They are holding my funds hostage, and not responding to any of my attempts to verify nor any support ticket. I cannot withdraw my funds and I cannot verify, despite dozens of attempts.

I want to sue them - this is definitely illegal. They need to be exposed. I am thinking of notifying news outlets as well as law enforcement. Are they based out of Delaware in the United States?

OK guys I have called the Delaware Attorney Generals office and they refereed me to the Delaware investor protection agency which I got redirected to voicemail where I left my contact info to get the ball rolling.

I am going to start a thread on this and will edit this post with a link to that thread and anyone that is interested can post their Polo issues there so that I have a list when I talk to the investigators.

EDIT: OK here is the initial thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4400856.msg39163811#msg39163811

Good to see someone is taking the time to get Poloniex into court. Poloniex's contract terms must surely be illegal; over here we have a law that states that a contract is illegal if contains "something that tries to limit your legal rights". Poloniex's contract that says they won't give you your coins back unless you waive the right to sue them fall into this category.
signofnero

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:21:16 PM

Send a feedback waiting to secure this,i'm still having major issues with timeouts, its more or less impossible to actually use the exchange. Really hope you get this fixed
kickback

Activity: 240
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:37:37 PM

Release my funds dirtbags.I do not have any intention of allowing myself to be data raped or verify under duress.None of your fucking business who I am.You never asked when you took my deposit.Now you leave honest people who value their privacy and right to disagree with your terms and conditions in position where they feel threatened and feel like criminal or outcast.Give money now losers or crypto community will turn you into tumbleweed town when you have nobody trading on your exchange.Shame on Busoni to sell out to corporate trash and leave us all in this state.He is a disgrace to the bitcoin and wider crypto community.Greedy shitbag.You are the real criminals!!
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:38:35 PM

I would like to announce a new cryptocurrency exchange - Poloniex.com.

Another exchange? Why?

Several reasons. Here are the major ones.

First, none of the major exchanges are listing NXT. DGEX is great, but I have long wanted to see NXT on an exchange that has candlestick charts and executes trades at the best possible price. I also think NXT will benefit from being on more than one exchange, and listed alongside other, more well-known currency pairs.

Secondly, I want the fees to be fair, with no surprises. Trading fees are 0.2%, and they will never be raised. Having no fees is not sustainable and will ultimately result in corners being cut, and having no fees for a while to draw customers in and then suddenly imposing them feels like a bait-and-switch to me. Like Pete at CoinedUp, I find withdrawal fees to be outrageous, so Poloniex charges only the TX fee imposed by the client.

Lastly, it is a top priority to keep Poloniex running smoothly. We will not bite off more than we can chew. If traffic starts swamping the servers or we have any problems with the functionality of the exchange, we will address the problem before continuing to expand. We will be upfront about issues.

How can I trust you?

Trust has to be built. I will operate Poloniex with honesty and integrity and be as transparent as possible when answering your questions. I believe this is the only true way to earn trust.

I will monitor this thread and respond to your questions and feedback. If there is anything you have always wanted to see in an exchange, please let us know!

<link removed>

p.s. thank you for the warning.

===> cheers for all the years of the crazy trollbox!!

~owz1337

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
CryptoChartIndex

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:15:13 AM

Poloniex Exchange is now listed on CryptoChartIndex , Now you can get all information regarding Poloniex Exchange on CryptoChartIndex!
dimao

Activity: 1162
Merit: 389

Keep Network

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:40:35 PM

Poloniex recently I like less and less. It does not grow. It seems so to me. Other exchanges are getting better

scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:44:53 PM

Release my funds dirtbags.I do not have any intention of allowing myself to be data raped or verify under duress.None of your fucking business who I am.You never asked when you took my deposit.Now you leave honest people who value their privacy and right to disagree with your terms and conditions in position where they feel threatened and feel like criminal or outcast.Give money now losers or crypto community will turn you into tumbleweed town when you have nobody trading on your exchange.Shame on Busoni to sell out to corporate trash and leave us all in this state.He is a disgrace to the bitcoin and wider crypto community.Greedy shitbag.You are the real criminals!!

Seems to me you have forgotten to withdraw all your funds during the support crisis at Poloniex last year. I wasn't surprised with this development after Poloniex was sold to Circle. There was plenty of time then.

onionpealer

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:42:52 PM

Poloniex set to delist dozens lots of coins in an effort to be 'legit'. So if you have any of these coins and your account is frozen or coins lost in transit you will probably lose them forever as Poloniex washes it's hands of you.
But on the bright side as they are trying to get a federal banking license, this may give those with problems with Poloniex a bigger stick to beat then with.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/circle-seeks-banking-license-trading-venue-registration-to-expand-crypto-services
Blazin

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:46:54 PM

I guess the other issue here is that it is currently Memorial Day. I doubt anybody is actually working at Poloniex today. I want to know what genius thought it was a good idea to start these crazy requirements on the day before Memorial Day. This is just ridiculous!

Of course, that also means they are building up a massive backlog of support requests from people like me. This is going to take a while...

I'm also pretty upset that this happened just when I was going to exchange a big chunk of my BTC. It's stuck on Poloniex until they do something.

I did finally get through the verification process. I pulled my money out ASAP. I have no intention of relying on Poloniex ever again, not after this fiasco.
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 01:33:02 AM

Poloniex support has pretty much confirmed my previous posts, they cannot release funds to unverified accounts. The thing here is they need to know who they're dealing with... But why they only started caring regarding this now when many of these legacy users have accounts with them for years, some since their inception, is beyond me. So now, suddenly, we are on a list of potential terrorists*

I've been reading the posts here and pretty much the only thing I have to say is, we do not need to file a complaint or put them in court, or anything similar. We'd just waste our time and even more funds (to add to those we all have blocked there), the law is on their side. Poloniex just needs to come out and be accountable for their words, as they've been all these years.

This is what I feared for a long time and I've written countless posts on this forum regarding the issue, regulation is a two sided knife. As I predicted, in attempting to regulate something to enhance its adoption and safety (or purposefully and covertly hinder it), regulators and governments just made the access barrier taller, and made this an even wilder wild west for those who are already in this for the longest time.

I consider my deposit a total loss. I am most likely not going to verify myself, especially when absolutely nothing guarantees I'll be able to withdraw my funds after I do so. I'd consider verifying myself if Poloniex had a fiat gateway. I hope Poloniex has fun with my funds. Go have a beer on me or something... Pretty cool when you're not paying, right? Or give out a bonus to your support staff... Be creative. I guess there's nothing else to say when there's no reason for me to get verified with them. We've been "Poloniexed"

*If I may add an opinion of some sorts, I'm willing to bet large on the fact that no terrorists have ever used Poloniex for illegitimate uses

Poloniex set to delist dozens lots of coins in an effort to be 'legit'. So if you have any of these coins and your account is frozen or coins lost in transit you will probably lose them forever as Poloniex washes it's hands of you.
But on the bright side as they are trying to get a federal banking license, this may give those with problems with Poloniex a bigger stick to beat then with.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/circle-seeks-banking-license-trading-venue-registration-to-expand-crypto-services

So far they've allowed withdrawals of delisted coins. According to how things are at the moment I'm not sure if this will be the truth from now on anymore...
OWZ1337

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:39:45 AM

Poloniex support has pretty much confirmed my previous posts, they cannot release funds to unverified accounts. The thing here is they need to know who they're dealing with... But why they only started caring regarding this now when many of these legacy users have accounts with them for years, some since their inception, is beyond me. So now, suddenly, we are on a list of potential terrorists*

I've been reading the posts here and pretty much the only thing I have to say is, we do not need to file a complaint or put them in court, or anything similar. We'd just waste our time and even more funds (to add to those we all have blocked there), the law is on their side. Poloniex just needs to come out and be accountable for their words, as they've been all these years.

This is what I feared for a long time and I've written countless posts on this forum regarding the issue, regulation is a two sided knife. As I predicted, in attempting to regulate something to enhance its adoption and safety (or purposefully and covertly hinder it), regulators and governments just made the access barrier taller, and made this an even wilder wild west for those who are already in this for the longest time.

I consider my deposit a total loss. I am most likely not going to verify myself, especially when absolutely nothing guarantees I'll be able to withdraw my funds after I do so. I'd consider verifying myself if Poloniex had a fiat gateway. I hope Poloniex has fun with my funds. Go have a beer on me or something... Pretty cool when you're not paying, right? Or give out a bonus to your support staff... Be creative. I guess there's nothing else to say when there's no reason for me to get verified with them. We've been "Poloniexed"

*If I may add an opinion of some sorts, I'm willing to bet large on the fact that no terrorists have ever used Poloniex for illegitimate uses

So far they've allowed withdrawals of delisted coins. According to how things are at the moment I'm not sure if this will be the truth from now on anymore...

did you try verify a local homeless person? + give them a cut,,,,this might work to help BTC mend societies' woes too!?   Smiley   >>>blessings&r.i.p. polo

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
Cent21

Activity: 1442
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:06:28 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2018, 09:52:34 AM by Cent21

This is a shame.

Poloniex is acting really like bittrex did, stealing users funds. We still can deposit but we can't withdraw anything.

Still can't believe that.
OWZ1337

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:50:24 PM
Merited by cesmak (1)

This is a shame.

Poloniex is acting really like bittrex did, stealing users funds. We still can deposit but we can't withdraw anything.

not really,,,
 bittrex bill straight up stole users coins while poloniex gave us like a 6-9 month window where they made it crystal clear what was about to happen. Wink ^crypto died today>>>*have a nice summer*

onionpealer

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:47:35 PM

This is a shame.

It's still a bit of the Wild West out there in crypto land, looks like the Chinese did get it right and shut down exchanges to protect people from, if not outright scams, at least from badly run exchanges.
Cent21

Activity: 1442
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:06:11 AM

This is a shame.

not really,,,
 bittrex bill straight up stole users coins while poloniex gave us like a 6-9 month window where they made it crystal clear what was about to happen. Wink ^crypto died today>>>*have a nice summer*

Are you joking?

Poloniex did NOT "made it crystal clear what was about to happen". They wrote that they where going to implement kyc in 2018 but withdraw should remain open even without verfication. I remember that news on poloniex side box very well.

Instead the did exactly as bittrex... deposit open and withdraw full closed.
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: