Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:28:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EXCHANGE] Poloniex - Crypto Exchange with BTC/NXT  (Read 272265 times)
Finger

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:37:32 PM

Poloniex is broken
hackbyte
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 111

Doing cryptocurrency stuff since 2010.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 09:47:58 AM

Another update: At least it seems they fixed the withdrawal issue (webcrawlers on poor mailclients possibly automatically approve withdrawals w/o user interaction).

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/6uj01v/poloniex_has_upgraded_their_withdrawal_page/

In times past, Poloniex use to greet you with an 'Withdrawal Approved' message after you clicked the link on the email confirmation message. Now, you must click to confirm the withdrawal again on their site before approval. I believe this is in response to a recent complaint that email message preview panels would approve email withdrawals without direct consent. Great job for the Polo team.

What the?

Bad acting polo......... at all..

Hacky

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
asdlolciterquit_2

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:29:41 AM

Another update: At least it seems they fixed the withdrawal issue (webcrawlers on poor mailclients possibly automatically approve withdrawals w/o user interaction).

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/6uj01v/poloniex_has_upgraded_their_withdrawal_page/

In times past, Poloniex use to greet you with an 'Withdrawal Approved' message after you clicked the link on the email confirmation message. Now, you must click to confirm the withdrawal again on their site before approval. I believe this is in response to a recent complaint that email message preview panels would approve email withdrawals without direct consent. Great job for the Polo team.

What the?

Hacky

click or not click it doens't matter. Withdraw doens't work... Sad
ghostcannon

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:32:49 AM

Hi guys.

I had BTC in Polo on 1st August in my lending account and I lent them to other people.

Do you think it's completely out of the question that I'll ever receive BCH for that those BTC? If yes - why?
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 12:50:25 PM

Hi guys.

I had BTC in Polo on 1st August in my lending account and I lent them to other people.

Do you think it's completely out of the question that I'll ever receive BCH for that those BTC? If yes - why?

Yes.  You lent them to someone else to use.  They get all of the benefits of the BTC including the created BCH.  You get the interest and your BTC back. 

hackbyte
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 12:52:35 PM

Hi guys.

Just read the press release, this was somewhat clearly communicated from Poloniex back in March this year..

https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.03.17-Hard-Fork/

Hacky

.oO( Those who can read, might know more ... those who do read, surely know more..... )

Cryptocurrency Mining, Gambling, Lending, Trading, Staking .. So much to do with them, since 2010!
Donations-> 1bytoroRvXLGc1FWTob5h1oH92VMdUSFi Questions? Dunno! To the moon? Mün or bust!
Lust auf klönschnack? Schau bei uns rein im Cryptotalk (D-A-CH+EU) unter https://t.me/cryptotalkgerman
aesma

Activity: 2436
Merit: 923

fly or die

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 01:14:12 PM

What the?

Hacky

Yes I've seen that new thing. My client doesn't do that, in fact I was doing too many things at the same time and forgot to confirm a withdrawal two days ago, then yesterday for my next withdrawal I realized it, the link was still working, and I still could withdraw 2000$ more for the day.
hackbyte
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 03:53:31 PM

Mkay .. poloniex still wanna f*ck me.....

But i'm not the one who let this happen w/o consequences.

So, the latest ticket i created was #389352, i got an email reply nearly _instantly_ and the reply brought it to the max for me.

Full disclosure over here: https://pastebin.com/DG3UFKvB

tl;dr: "Awaiting Approval" because of concerns about the security of my account... what the f??

Read the paste, you will understand...

Hacky

asdlolciterquit_2

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:12:18 PM

how is it possible that only for some users withdraw doesn't work??
hackbyte
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 04:23:30 PM

Because that flag users as they like ...... "just by their opinion".

And sometimes to get users bothered by whatever....

Hacky

P.s.: The second ltc withdraw order is underway .... i don't think they will get cleared soon. Sad

winchancer

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:02:06 AM

Did they removed $2000 limits? So anyone should verify now?

A friend told me that the new account makes you verify 100% to start trading...
Profile Verification
Daily withdrawal limit is calculated in USD equivalent per day.
Daily withdrawal limit $25,000 USD equivalent
Vongola

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:01:57 AM

Profile Verification
They haven't. My poloniex account still set limit my daily withdraw at $2000. If i want my withdrawal limit increased to $25,000 i must verify my personal details first.

Is there any reason for Poloniex listed a weird altcoin such as ZRX rather than another great altcoins?
winchancer

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 02:09:03 AM

Profile Verification
They haven't. My poloniex account still set limit my daily withdraw at $2000. If i want my withdrawal limit increased to $25,000 i must verify my personal details first.

Is there any reason for Poloniex listed a weird altcoin such as ZRX rather than another great altcoins?

That happened to newly created account. There is no $2000 limit option and it forces to verify the whole profile.
Anyone else got it?

hackbyte
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 03:54:41 AM

Heh .... sorry people, but i have to post this.....

With all the trouble i had and have with polo ... they are not the only ones having trouble from time to time, but they're one of the most "infamous" ones because of that.... I have to quote the article on that:

Every time we see some major cryptocurrency trading action, the same exchanges suffer from issues. In most cases, the platform having issues is either Poloniex or Kraken. For some unknown reason, neither company is capable of handling large amounts of volume.

From http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/bitcoin-cash-trading-frenzy-highlights-major-infrastructure-issues-kraken-exchange/

A online relative of mine told me about some losses with his trading engine because of some hickups on kraken..... well..

But anyway .... poloniex still did not send my litecoin.......

Nuff said.

Hacky

Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:17:20 AM

With all the trouble i had and have with polo ... they are not the only ones having trouble from time to time, but they're one of the most "infamous" ones because of that.... I have to quote the article on that:

Every time we see some major cryptocurrency trading action, the same exchanges suffer from issues. In most cases, the platform having issues is either Poloniex or Kraken. For some unknown reason, neither company is capable of handling large amounts of volume.

From http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/bitcoin-cash-trading-frenzy-highlights-major-infrastructure-issues-kraken-exchange/

A online relative of mine told me about some losses with his trading engine because of some hickups on kraken..... well..

Nuff said.

Hacky

If its a large amount of litecoin did you try asking them to cancel the withdraw?
Withdrawal requests get flagged for Manual approval above a certain threshold so it might be quicker to get them to cancel it and then submit it again as a bunch of smaller withdrawals.
Also enable 2FA if you haven't, I have read many comments stating that if you enable 2FA it will reduce the likelihood of a manual withdraw flag. It makes sense because then your account is less vulnerable to hacking.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
hackbyte
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 05:29:35 AM

Nuff said.

Hacky

If its a large amount of litecoin did you try asking them to cancel the withdraw?
Withdrawal requests get flagged for Manual approval above a certain threshold so it might be quicker to get them to cancel it and then submit it again as a bunch of smaller withdrawals.
Also enable 2FA if you haven't, I have read many comments stating that if you enable 2FA it will reduce the likelihood of a manual withdraw flag. It makes sense because then your account is less vulnerable to hacking.

Please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420836.msg21017017#msg21017017

My litecoin withdrawal requests are all below 0.5ltc .... how much smaller should i set them? Wink

Hacky

Alphi

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:32:17 AM

If you make a withdraw and it is flagged for manual approval then you will have to wait until they manually approve the withdraw. By the looks of the many many complaints, this can take weeks or perhaps even months for them to approve.

Whether or not your withdraw is flagged depends on the verification level of your account, whether you have 2FA (two factor authentication) and of course your withdraw history.

Best thing to do is try not to get flagged by enabling 2FA, verifying your account, withdrawing smaller amounts at a time and reusing withdraw addresses.

There is no exact science to this so all we can do is try to go under the radar.

If your withdrawals are not flagged then they will go through immediately.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
Alphi

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:33:15 AM

Please read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420836.msg21017017#msg21017017

My litecoin withdrawal requests are all below 0.5ltc .... how much smaller should i set them? Wink

Hacky

I agree that is just silly! but its also equally silly to spend all day complaining about 0.5 LTC  Grin

It's to a good idea to get angry at them.. I have read some people claim that their account was black-listed which means that it might end up more painful for you to withdraw in the future.
I don't know if that is true but still not a good idea to get angry at the guy who is holding your money.

I think one of the main reasons why Big Vern (from Cryptsy) ran away with all of the money on Cryptsy was because he got tired of dealing with all of the abusive complaints.

anatolikostis
Legendary

Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:44:42 PM

What`s going on with ETH withdrawal?
I got txid from POLO which doesn`t really exist on eth-blochchain... Huh
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x3ec7dc2af79f24daa5c17b9d3d35c0374336dca6f7aa3a3404755978e6765e13
Eth hot wallet - broken again?
hackbyte
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 05:23:26 PM

I agree that is just silly! but its also equally silly to spend all day complaining about 0.5 LTC  Grin

All day complaining? Lol?
What i'm complaining about is, that since my very first withdraw back in 2017-07-31 every single withdraw i requested put my coins in limbo.
every single one

It's to a good idea to get angry at them.. I have read some people claim that their account was black-listed which means that it might end up more painful for you to withdraw in the future.
I don't know if that is true but still not a good idea to get angry at the guy who is holding your money.

I think one of the main reasons why Big Vern (from Cryptsy) ran away with all of the money on Cryptsy was because he got tired of dealing with all of the abusive complaints.

What the?!??

What do you consider 'abusive complaints'? And, are you really sure, you want to say, we should be quiet so that busoni will not possibly run away with our money because we wrote "to many abusive complaints"?

If i may ask; in which world are you living, that this is considered to be a reason at all for you?

Sorry i really don't understand you.

A legitimate complaint is legit ... and not abusive. IMHO

I had times wherre i was unable to withdraw some 0.00*BTC from an "stock exchange" which was going out of business.
The owner of the site told me "stop whining, thats just pennies"... Well, back then, they were only pennies.

But that can change and one considering any IOU as "unimportant" because "it's just pennies" should never have had any business of this type at all. One who can not respect the ownership on something because it is not enough worth in his eyes, is somebody who should never have had any trust from users at all.

IMHO ... just saying.

So, to come back to the point where you say:

I don't know? I tend to get angry at people who are doing the wrong things or are doing nothing at all.
What i don't understand is, where you think, i made abusive complaints or where i'm bitching around about all this "all day". Wink

In effect, i even "did give them a bit of service by clarifying things up over here" about which timezone they use. I answered questions from users about their chances to get BCH from BTC they had in lending.....

I don't get it, where one might consider that as complaining all day or even make "abusive complaints". Really. Wink

Any FinTech - even Cryptop FinTech - company which is not able to fullfill any contract or IOU in time would get in very big trouble, if they're solely based on Fiat Money. But as soon as one goes on cryptocoins, that seems to change completely.

I don't understand that. I mean, we're not talking about some darkweb exchanges, marketplaces or coinmixers, we're talking about a legit US based company which has to pay a lot of taxes and abide a lot of regulations but still earns thousands of US Dollars each day.

I always thought, as a business owner, you have contracts with your customers to fullfill, regardless of the volume of earnings any single customer brings you.... But that might be just some "german thing" .. dunno of other countries think about this in any way different. Wink

So in the end .... what the? Where did i make abusive complaints at all? Wink
(and do you find any complaint from before 2017-07-31? Wink)

Hacky

P.s.: No offense included, i just woke up an still drink my first cup of coffe..... Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: