Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:42:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 [5192] 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722706 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:24:47 PM

I compiled the exe for Windows... no blocks yet, just a bazillion rejects.

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

"No premine"...

yet was able to throw 5,000 XCO/DRK/DSH/whatever at someone to compile a windows binary.

Launched this coin with only Linux miner available it appears.

Which was worth 0.125 BTC a couple of weeks after the launch.

Sometimes coins take off and sometimes they don't.

The price at which it was offered has no bearing.

The mere fact that it was insta-mined is still dishonest.

It has a lot of bearing. And what the price was back then compared to what it is now, has even more bearing. It has bought you here for example. If it hadn't taken off you wouldn't be here complaining about it.

No please don't put words in my mouth.

Price has nothing to do with it.

Simply dishonesty is dishonesty whether it is over $0.01 or $10,000,000.

I was here 4 years ago outing scams like Solidcoin from user Realsolid AKA Coinhunter. Look at my post history and the price of coins back then BTC was $5 and SLC (or whatever acronym they used) was $0.01 each.

I see it as black and white. There is no gray area. Oh and by the way you should probably ask me how I would have reacted had the price stayed low for all of its existence instead of presuming what I would do.

Shows your character by doing that.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:34:26 PM

Do you think that someone just makes an "oops" mistake then goes on to not relaunch the coin given the unfair distribution?

Does that not sound questionable at all?

It was already relaunched once, relaunching it once more would've irritated a lot of miners who were standing by ready to mine already having been through one canceled launch. Would it have been the correct decision in retrospect? Yes. Then why wasn't it? Maybe Evan didn't want to irritate those people anymore than they already were. Maybe he thought it was no big deal as he never could've imagined how big the coin would grow and didn't realize the extent of the problem. Or maybe the other dev team member opposed another relaunch. Or maybe it was an elaborate scam of theirs. Or something else. Take your pick.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:39:14 PM

Any chance you could upload that windows client exe? I'd be willing to throw 5k XCO at you. Just make sure it's the latest source from github

"No premine"...

yet was able to throw 5,000 XCO/DRK/DSH/whatever at someone to compile a windows binary.

It has a lot of bearing. And what the price was back then compared to what it is now, has even more bearing. It has bought you here for example. If it hadn't taken off you wouldn't be here complaining about it.

I was here 4 years ago outing scams like Solidcoin from user Realsolid AKA Coinhunter. Look at my post history and the price of coins back then BTC was $5 and SLC (or whatever acronym they used) was $0.01 each.

I see it as black and white. There is no gray area. Oh and by the way you should probably ask me how I would have reacted had the price stayed low for all of its existence instead of presuming what I would do.

Eagerly waiting to see your posts in Axiom thread any time now. I'll let you know of others but I'll let you start there.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 08:44:35 PM

Much ado about nothing this Sunday afternoon...

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:46:05 PM

"No premine"...

Eagerly waiting to see your posts in Axiom thread any time now. I'll let you know of others but I'll let you start there.

Nice you didn't even admit you failed to consult me on my actions before making presumptions of what I would do based on my 4 year track record.

Good job!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 08:47:12 PM

and i'm eagerly awaiting some less feeding of the trolls. let me once again explain the objective of trolls : to disrupt a forum by any means necessary, this is mostly done by posting fear, uncertainty and doubt (fud) posts in that forum and trying to provoke a response, any response upon which can be replied again and again and again.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 09:04:15 PM

and i'm eagerly awaiting some less feeding of the trolls. let me once again explain the objective of trolls : to disrupt a forum by any means necessary, this is mostly done by posting fear, uncertainty and doubt (fud) posts in that forum and trying to provoke a response, any response upon which can be replied again and again and again.
...and again and again and again.

Seriously, it hasn't worked the first hundred times they mentioned it, do they really feel that this time the same message will carry more gravitas? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Most serious investors I talk to on Twitter don't even read this thread, preferring DashTalk. This thread is becoming less and less relevant to outsiders daily. The trolls seriously overestimate any impact their repetitive comments have.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:17:22 PM

The trolls seriously overestimate any impact their repetitive comments have.

...and underestimate their level of self righteous indignant hypocrisy.

As far as the "rest of the world" is concerned, the entire crypto-economy was "instamined" and resides in the hands of a tiny number of fanatical geek adopters hoping to get rich. Thats why they don't buy in and won't buy in in many cases unless it's the only option left in an atrophying fiat landscape.

It's nice if you can get everything perfect at launch. If you didn't then the market will make up its mind about how much it mattered relative to the things you did get right.

Luckily in this case, there's plenty more of the latter than the former.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:32:39 PM

Warning the public about Dash's insta-mine is part of being a responsible digital citizen, not "troll progress."

Why would the public care how many coins were mined in the beginning, a week after the beginning, on Thursday 5 months after the launch, or during last week?

They might care how many there are left to mine daily compared to the price of the coin or to the total amount mined up to that point if they are worried about inflation or they want to mine themselves.

Ditto for sounding the alarm about your scamcoin's bad crypto based snake oil.

I think perhaps you should've sounded the alarm on the certain ASIC scam back in the day.  Roll Eyes

New users would care to know that it took 0 effort for a select few to instamine 25% of the current count of DASH/DRK in a very short time.

Who gives a crap if there is another 10+ million dash to be put into circulation over the next several decades.

The early few who got a big piece of the pie at ZERO cost is obviously unfair to those coming into the DRK mining/buying scene later (not years later...just a few days/weeks later).

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:34:27 PM

Evan Duffield delivered on every. single. promise he ever made to this community

Except for the very first one:

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

"Definitely not." then launches it anyway 2 hours later

And not just launches, but launches a broken version that showered coins on the insta-miners at 1000 times the announced emission rate.

This ^ deserves a repost.

"Evan Duffield delivered on every. single. promise he ever made to this community"

lol  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:39:30 PM

It was already relaunched once, relaunching it once more would've irritated a lot of miners who were standing by ready to mine already having been through one canceled launch. Would it have been the correct decision in retrospect? Yes. Then why wasn't it? Maybe Evan didn't want to irritate those people anymore than they already were. Maybe he thought it was no big deal as he never could've imagined how big the coin would grow and didn't realize the extent of the problem. Or maybe the other dev team member opposed another relaunch. Or maybe it was an elaborate scam of theirs. Or something else. Take your pick.

1st, please don't quote, a lot of us have him on ignore so he can't irritate us.  Go ahead and answer him if you want, but when they're obvious trolls, it'd be kind of you to at least not quote him.

And to answer this, and I was there, we didn't have a block explorer for almost a week, that is when we discovered what happened.  Before that, there was no way to know how fast blocks were being found.  Evan saw that the coins were paying out too high, and adjusted his algorithm, which mostly stopped the spillage, but the extent of the spillage was not known until the Block explorer was created. The miners that had a lot of hash may have known, but they didn't tell us.  Evan was probably running a machine or two, but he would not have known, he had a special calculation that was supposed to pay out high if the hash rate was low, and drop as the hash rate raised.  Anyway, after the block explorer came out, and we realized what happened, Evan asked if we wanted to start over again.  Everybody said no.  You have to remember, Evan, as a developer, needed to please the miners because they were the backbone of his new experiment.  What if they didn't come back if he re-launched.  They'd already spent a week with their mining equipment focused on his coin.  So he didn't relaunch.  We all had the same chance to get in on the launch, and the same chance to the coins as our knowledge and abilities and resources allowed us.  That's life.  Life has a little bit of a luck factor.  

But those first 2 days and the week after were hardly the only opportunities for people to make money in Dash.  And by the way, Evan bought up tons of coins, which he then used to pay for bounties.  He bought them 20,000 at a time.  Why would he do that if he were mining them all up?  I think not.

BTW, I have a copy of the forums before the mods started deleting everything.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:40:29 PM

The trolls seriously overestimate any impact their repetitive comments have.

...and underestimate their level of self righteous indignant hypocrisy.

As far as the "rest of the world" is concerned, the entire crypto-economy was "instamined" and resides in the hands of a tiny number of fanatical geek adopters hoping to get rich. Thats why they don't buy in and won't buy in in many cases unless it's the only option left in an atrophying fiat landscape.

It's nice if you can get everything perfect at launch. If you didn't then the market will make up its mind about how much it mattered relative to the things you did get right.

Luckily in this case, there's plenty more of the latter than the former.

Perhaps we need some Sagan for these trolls to understand where they are on the world stage..

“The size and age of established economies are beyond ordinary human understanding. Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny crypto home. In an economy perspective, most crypto concerns seem insignificant, even petty. And yet our crypto economy is young and curious and brave and shows much promise. In the last few years we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about crypto and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival. I believe our future depends on how well we know this crypto in which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky.”

I think he said that  Wink

What I find funny is that the word "TROLL" is used so loosely here that it is basically used for ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU.

Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 09:49:37 PM

1st, please don't quote, a lot of us have him on ignore so he can't irritate us.  Go ahead and answer him if you want, but when they're obvious trolls, it'd be kind of you to at least not quote him.

And to answer this, and I was there, we didn't have a block explorer for almost a week, that is when we discovered what happened.  Before that, there was no way to know how fast blocks were being found.  Evan saw that the coins were paying out too high, and adjusted his algorithm, which mostly stopped the spillage, but the extent of the spillage was not known until the Block explorer was created. The miners that had a lot of hash may have known, but they didn't tell us.  Evan was probably running a machine or two, but he would not have known, he had a special calculation that was supposed to pay out high if the hash rate was low, and drop as the hash rate raised.  Anyway, after the block explorer came out, and we realized what happened, Evan asked if we wanted to start over again.  Everybody said no.  You have to remember, Evan, as a developer, needed to please the miners because they were the backbone of his new experiment.  What if they didn't come back if he re-launched.  They'd already spent a week with their mining equipment focused on his coin.  So he didn't relaunch.  We all had the same chance to get in on the launch, and the same chance to the coins as our knowledge and abilities and resources allowed us.  That's life.  Life has a little bit of a luck factor.  

But those first 2 days and the week after were hardly the only opportunities for people to make money in Dash.  And by the way, Evan bought up tons of coins, which he then used to pay for bounties.  He bought them 20,000 at a time.  Why would he do that if he were mining them all up?  I think not.

BTW, I have a copy of the forums before the mods started deleting everything.
Thank you for that informative post. It was a welcome read amongst the BS.

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:50:25 PM

This guy could only make a post like this:

"Hello guys, look at my sig and click maybe  Wink"

He chose the pathetic way.

There are people who ignore every one shitty account with ads in their sigs. I am starting to do the same.

What an attention-whores they are.

And yes, the instamine happened  Shocked, but due to exploring new ideas, Dash gained value. What's wrong with that?

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:54:14 PM

While some of you will be having an octoberfest soon (yes i'm looking at you Holger), we will be having a trollfest and
i feel the hangover of that one already. I guess thats to be exspected, having the most viewed ANN thread, a top five ranking cryptocurrency and the best community of the world !!

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:55:45 PM

What I find funny is that the word "TROLL" is used so loosely here that it is basically used for ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU.

There's a difference between "anyone who disagrees with you" and indignant bullshitters who come wading in here claiming to be crusading for the interests of innocent investors (presumably like me, who bought in months after the launch and didn't mine at all) when in fact people like me knew all about the history, were good with it and have been above water ever since.

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:02:08 PM

You take advices from people on this old bitcointalk forum? Minotaur said what he actually thought was right. Maybe he lost money on that.
You are quite long time here and you learnt nothing.

How hilarious  Cheesy

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:04:19 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 10:20:09 PM by smoothie

I'm seeing all sorts of stuff happening in the charts all at once, which is a great sign when you see a bunch of bullish formations at once. This is how I used to day trade for my firm back in the day. The general idea here is you go from the shortest time period, then you walk out to the longest. If you see bullish or bearish signals in all of the charts at once, it's quite meaningful. Here's what I'm seeing:

On the really short term chart, there's a triple top:

Moving averages are crossing as we speak, so momentum is changing from negative to positive:

If you step out a bit, It looks like we're going to cross in a couple days, for a much more meaningful MA

If we break above 0.011, I believe this was a false breakdown

When trading, there's also a couple other things to consider:
- The order book on the buy side, which is quite nice.
- Then there's the fundamental side for the trade (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GACaNvBlwc, The budget system and governance system? Plus everything we're about to do)

Away, that was fun.... back to coding

I've got a "bullish" formation for you ...

What about this technical picture (long term)? Head and shoulders pattern broken to the downside and still residing below the neckline. Hardly a "bullish" sign.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:08:04 PM

That chart looks a week old. It's missing data.

The support held in the end. In fact it even held and recovered against some perpetual dumper bailing multiple k's day after day for a while.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:08:41 PM

There's a difference between "anyone who disagrees with you" and indignant bullshitters who come wading in here claiming to be crusading for the interests of innocent investors (presumably like me, who bought in months after the launch and didn't mine at all) when in fact people like me knew all about the history, were good with it and have been above water ever since.

Yes you are able to speak for yourself. But you only speak for yourself really.

I'm pretty sure you are not the only one who bought in at a high price then finding out that it was instamined.

How am I a indignant bullshitter? I provided evidence of my claims and stand behind it. How is that in any way bullshit?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 ... 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 [5192] 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: