Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:58:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 [5147] 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722682 times)
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:40:51 PM

Legit concerns

You sound like a smart guy, but I really don't understand why you'd even consider taking investment advice from a known shill like toknormal (not to mention fellow windbags Ghostplayer and Minotaur26)

These guys have recommended buying at the following prices:

Seeing a pattern here? Keep taking advice from shills, see how that works out for you. While you're at it, keep listening to Otoh, who says he believes in the coin but dumps the crap out it from 0.01 to 0.009.. LOL. Otoh is not your friend.
Salkenex

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:51:18 PM

So the "malevolence" of these bot miners is not directed at the cryptocurrency itself. There is no illegitemacy in terms of protocol, no rules are broken, no extra supply is created etc. It's a case of one person stealing another's computer for a while to mine on. Worry if you play a lot of Grand Theft Auto.

Well, worry if you are a dumb child that downloaded a pirated copy of a game you probably aren't old enough to be playing in the first place and you downloaded said game because your mom and dad won't buy it for you since you're 12 years old.
valentino008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:02:15 PM

Legit concerns

You sound like a smart guy, but I really don't understand why you'd even consider taking investment advice from a known shill like toknormal (not to mention fellow windbags Ghostplayer and Minotaur26)

These guys have recommended buying at the following prices:

Seeing a pattern here? Keep taking advice from shills, see how that works out for you. While you're at it, keep listening to Otoh, who says he believes in the coin but dumps the crap out it from 0.01 to 0.009.. LOL. Otoh is not your friend.

He is your friend,he lets you buy cheap coins you idiot!

i dont care if the price go down and my BTC value drops,i can buy more for less.
Be greedy when others are fearfull and fearfull when others are greedy.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:04:43 PM

windbags

I see your vocabulary's come on quite a bit since you've been hanging out here. keep that up and you'll soon be able to post something you thought up all by yourself  Wink

AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:18:00 PM

windbags

I see your vocabulary's come on quite a bit since you've been hanging out here. keep that up and you'll soon be able to post something you thought up all by yourself  Wink

Haha, I just call it how I see it. When I starting posting here toknormal you didnt even know the difference between their there and they're so I really wouldn't talk about grammar/vocabulary if I were you.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:22:15 PM

Haha, I just call it how I see it. When I starting posting here toknormal you didnt even know the difference between their there and they're so I really wouldn't talk about grammar/vocabulary if I were you.

Yeah, I suppose I should be grateful. You sure sorted me out there.

Co-incidentally, I met my old english teacher this summer. She was working as a tour guide in an old Scottish castle. Maybe I should've put in a complaint.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:22:37 PM

He is your friend,he lets you buy cheap coins you idiot!

i dont care if the price go down and my BTC value drops,i can buy more for less.
Be greedy when others are fearfull and fearfull when others are greedy.
EXACTLY. Now is the time to buy. I'm getting ready to buy and setup another MN as the price approaches $2. Bear in mind, I have a 5 year outlook, so this is one of those investments I have to remember to forget. Smiley  (Except for maintaining my masternodes and voting on governance issues).
Otoh is a Dash ally. There should be no debate about that. The price of Dash, along with most cryptos except LTC and BTC, can be moved easily by anyone with ~100 BTC, 10k Dash, or $25k USD. That's peanuts for serious investors or early BTC/DASH adopters. Don't sweat short term price swings.The fundamentals for Dash have only gotten better, with the successful deployment of superblocks for DGBB.
Blythe Masters is dead right- it's all about the blockchain. Which one should you be backing?  

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:23:12 PM

After reading the last few pages of this thread, I'm confused about one thing. Otoh sold from .01 to .009 and is now buying at $2. OK, that make sense...he thinks the price is going to settle a bit but is planning to buy back in.

What confuses me is that not even six months ago, he implemented his famous "moving wall" and was buying Dash well into the .014 - .015 range, if not even higher than that. Is he now turning around and selling those at a loss, or did he already sell them when the price soared to .024?

I think the troubling aspect for some (not me) is that everybody had assumed Otoh was an accumulator/holder, and he is now being revealed to be a trader, which is radically different in terms of its effects on the market. These effects are even greater considering that Dash is so thinly traded.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
valentino008

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:30:09 PM

After reading the last few pages of this thread, I'm confused about one thing. Otoh sold from .01 to .009 and is now buying at $2. OK, that make sense...he thinks the price is going to settle a bit but is planning to buy back in.

What confuses me is that not even six months ago, he implemented his famous "moving wall" and was buying Dash well into the .014 - .015 range, if not even higher than that. Is he now turning around and selling those at a loss, or did he already sell them when the price soared to .024?

I think the troubling aspect for some (not me) is that everybody had assumed Otoh was an accumulator/holder, and he is now being revealed to be a trader, which is radically different in terms of its effects on the market. These effects are even greater considering that Dash is so thinly traded.

If you know the price is pumping you know the price will drop after it's done,sell at the peak and wait for 70% retracement and buy back.
Buy BTC every month and safe those for the moments like this when the market is pushed down,rinse repeat,rinse repeat,rinse repeat,rince repeat,rinse repeat.Say bye bye to your boss a few years later Grin
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:30:19 PM

Is he now turning around and selling those at a loss, or did he already sell them when the price soared to .024?

According to recent posts, he's been accumulating a "warchest" of dollars for deployment in fiat markets. He made a pile on Etherium and cashed that out to $USD and now it appears he wants to top it up with some liquidated Dash.

I don't know what the strategy is behind that though. Mayne he thinks the fiat markets are going to become more important for some reason.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:37:12 PM

If you know the price is pumping you know the price will drop after it's done,sell at the peak and wait for 70% retracement and buy back.

Right, if you know. How does one differentiate a P&D from actual rises based on fundamental dynamics? Queue the crystal ball.
valentino008

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:41:39 PM

Bitcoin will be sabotaged in 2 days,have people even thought about that when the Bitcoin network will crippled and transactions going in limbo what the fear might do?people we dump there BTC like no tommorow and it will be a great moment to scoop some cheap BTC,Bitcoin will survive this attack and will come out stronger.

Those couple K of Dash can be doubled when buying back in in this situation,dumping is not allways as bad as it seems.
g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:43:00 PM

Total Masternodes: 3038 = 3038 actives  Grin

Somebody just wants to accumulate more cheap Masternodes.  Grin

(Some minutes ago number went back to 3016 - Who is playing games?  Cool)

Would be interesting to see when the coins for these new masternodes were obtained. Recall that the emission of coins for the launch was quite skewed and these might not be newly purchased coins starting up these nodes.
valentino008

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:44:44 PM

Right, if you know. How does one differentiate a P&D from actual rises based on fundamental dynamics? Queue the crystal ball.

look at price movements daily at look at volume,if the market is low volume and no big orders the market is dead,if suddenly there seems to be more volume and bigger buy orders for a couple days linked to any big news story then you know something is cooking,not hard at all.
PhattyBanks

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:48:52 PM

am I the only one that thinks that DASH getting delisted from the 2nd largest BTC exchange in the world is the main reason for the price dropping? What that says to me is one of the heavyweights in crypto just told all of us that DASH Isn't ready for prime time yet. I was surprised that DASH didn't drop under .01 sooner, I set buys in the .006's.

The hidden virus in the video game torrent is only making around 300 DASH per day, the big multipools dump a lot more DASH than that each day for BTC.
valentino008

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 04:58:02 PM

am I the only one that thinks that DASH getting delisted from the 2nd largest BTC exchange in the world is the main reason for the price dropping? What that says to me is one of the heavyweights in crypto just told all of us that DASH Isn't ready for prime time yet. I was surprised that DASH didn't drop under .01 sooner, I set buys in the .006's.

The hidden virus in the video game torrent is only making around 300 DASH per day, the big multipools dump a lot more DASH than that each day for BTC.

You will never know how low it will go but it's allways good to have some buy orders set realy low for flash crashes,it happend to me and i was very very happy!! Grin Grin Grin

Good luck my friend! Cool
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:06:45 PM

am I the only one that thinks that DASH getting delisted from the 2nd largest BTC exchange in the world is the main reason for the price dropping? What that says to me is one of the heavyweights in crypto just told all of us that DASH Isn't ready for prime time yet.

Two words. China. (Chi...Na).

To make any money trading crypto using the type of advanced trading tools that Bitfinex has (like leveraged trading etc) - you need one or both of 2 things:

[1] - high volatility

and / or

[2] - high liquidity

Traders make large gains on tiny price movements by trading in massively liquid markets. Exchanges, likeways make money on volume. The only markets that remotely show enough volume for large traders to be interested are bitcoin and litecoin - the latter because it just sneaked its way onto the larger Chinese exchanges at the start of last year. The volumes of these two dwarf everything else - just take a look:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/coins/graphicalComparison

It isn't a question of the exchange's opinion of "readiness for primetime", it's simply a question of trading volume. Traders don't give a damn about the fundamentals of the coin they're trading -  it's just a trace on a chart. If it moves they make money and the more volume in that movement, the more money they can make. They could be trading wood chips for that matter.

Check the volumes for today's trading: http://coinmarketcap.com

Bitcoin: $25 million dollars
Litecoin: $2 million dollars

The next is Ethereum with a paultry 0.3 Million. That's just over 1% of bitcoin's trading volume.

Tells you all you need to know about the priorities of exchanges.

valentino008

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:08:06 PM

I want to share a great track perfectly reflecting the market right know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCe6e23yIT8    Cheesy

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:17:13 PM

Bingo! I mean seriously, I wish I had sold at .024 some months ago and bought back in today...who doesn't? But that's always the problem with these things--in hindsight it was just a pump. But at the time it looked like it could very well be based on the fundamentals, and that Dash might actually be "taking off" or at least moving up to a new baseline price (as had previously happened from .006 to .01).

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 05:33:18 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2015, 05:52:44 PM by Otoh

I like to think that the 3k DASH that I sold yesterday were some of the ones that I've generated from my Masternodes, but really when it come to trading I have no idea what I'm doing so don't tend to do too much of it, mostly I pick a coin and stick with it, as I bought quite a lot of DASH then it's in my interest to set large bid walls to help discourage dumping &/or to buy at prices that I find attractive, maybe I should have dumped 5k more to .009 today instead of letting someone else do that, it would have made the bid wall all the harder to crack, I totally don't believe that selling those coins yesterday has effected the price today particularly but who knows.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Pages: « 1 ... 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 [5147] 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: