Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:43:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 [5169] 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:08:13 PM

So devs can slowly unload their premine and abandon this project leaving only bagholders behind , glad I didn't invest in this project...

Huh Dafuq , I was just going to buy some coins hopefully they will worth more in case Bitcoin goes down
why you are saying that if they are spending money on developpement , like OP just said they are funding Electrum for Dash

Pay no attention to the trolls....

but but but .. they look sooo hungry  Embarrassed cant we just feed them a little bit ? please ?  Roll Eyes

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:11:28 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 06:37:29 PM by olcaytu2005

I m new at this DASHcoin and it seems very innovative. so i can see very much troll (especially MONERO trolls) because they really jealous of this community and coin. GO DASH ! You have new supporter here Smiley

Edit : Ok DASH Smiley
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:13:05 PM

I m new at this DASHcoin and it seems very innovative. so i can see very much troll (especially MONERO trolls) because they really jealous of this community and coin. GO DASH ! You have new supporter here Smiley

Welcome to our community, may the force be with you

edit : oh, and we call it Dash .. not Dashcoin (which is actually another cryptocurrency)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:13:29 PM

So devs can slowly unload their premine and abandon this project leaving only bagholders behind , glad I didn't invest in this project...

Huh Dafuq , I was just going to buy some coins hopefully they will worth more in case Bitcoin goes down
why you are saying that if they are spending money on developpement , like OP just said they are funding Electrum for Dash

The problem is continuity. Right now they may be developing, but devs got a huge share, which means that all THEY have to do is to keep this project running untill they sold their coins and then they never have to work again ever and can let this project turn to sh%t.

Hey man DASH isn't just any old crypto scam. They put a lot of thought into this and pioneered many new scam techniques!

For example, they don't need sell their coins in order to enrich themselves.. they can just keep collecting masternode payments without selling the coins! eduffield just needs to continue doing what he's been doing so far... with dash version 11 he was saying "version 12 is going to be very promising" ... now at version 12 he says "version 13 will be very promising" ... on and on, meanwhile every day they have their 1.5 million coins from the scam instamine in masternodes so they just keep collecting the income.

Probably the best crypto scam seen so far!

My question will sounds dumb to some of you or all of you but .. what does "collecting masternode" exactly mean and how they make money just form that ? do they mine with our PC's or something like that ?
And how they keep getting 1.5 million coin everyday , if there is no "Maximum coins" like Twenty one million BTC  THEN HOW the hell this coin keep it value ?  Huh
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:15:54 PM

My question will sounds dumb to some of you or all of you but .. what does "collecting masternode" exactly mean and how they make money just form that ? do they mine with our PC's or something like that ?
And how they keep getting 1.5 million coin everyday , if there is no "Maximum coins" like Twenty one million BTC  THEN HOW the hell this coin keep it value ?  Huh

We loveeee good questions and that my friend are some good questions. Answers will be provided shortly .. knowing this forum.

moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 06:17:47 PM

Experimental rpi support ONLY for the 'status' command.

Try this out Mangled,

dashman sync
dashman branch rpi  <-- you'll have to do that after every sync, you're selecting an experimental branch
dashman status

(you may have to also install netcat 'sudo apt-get install netcat')

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:17:59 PM

Welcome to the DASH crowd.  Wink
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:28:04 PM

Dude.  It's a total non-issue.  Give it a rest.  As ED said above, v13 will be amazing.   You seem like a smart person, albeit slightly disillusioned, you should start buying now.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:32:02 PM

Anyone can start a masternode.  Requirements are:
1000 DASH and a static IP address.
Typically, you would rent a server for about $5/mo to host your masternode.

Block rewards are split as below.
45% to miners
45% to masternodes
10% to development projects(that are voted in by masternodes)

Typical earnings for a masternode are about 0.5 Dash/day.
Masternodes don't use power like miners do.  They do a lot of transactions and need about 100GB of bandwidth/mo, 500MB of ram, and a mid to low range CPU.

Check out the masternode guides on the dashtalk site for specific details on setting up a masternode.

As for coins, I believe the max coins that will be mined is 22 million.  This is distributed about 5 at a time in blocks mined every 2.5 minutes that decreases 7% each year.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:36:12 PM

Anyone can start a masternode.  Requirements are:
1000 DASH and a static IP address.
Typically, you would rent a server for about $5/mo to host your masternode.

Block rewards are split as below.
45% to miners
45% to masternodes
10% to development projects(that are voted in by masternodes)

Typical earnings for a masternode are about 0.5 Dash/day.
Masternodes don't use power like miners do.  They do a lot of transactions and need about 100GB of bandwidth, 500MB of ram, and a mid to low range CPU.

Check out the masternode guides on the dashtalk site for specific details on setting up a masternode.

As for coins, I believe the max coins that will be mined is 22 million.  This is distributed about 5 at a time in blocks mined every 2.5 minutes that decreases 7% each year.

check also this site to see how these masternodes are paid out per block, factors are the number of masternodes and the mining difficulty.
Lower mining difficulty and lower number of masternodes = higher MN payouts  

https://dashninja.pl/blocks.html

as decentralised budgets are paid out once per month in a superblock you will find it currently at 50%(MN)/50%(miners) as 10% is already reserved for a super-block

Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:37:51 PM

The problem is continuity. Right now they may be developing, but devs got a huge share, which means that all THEY have to do is to keep this project running untill they sold their coins and then they never have to work again ever and can let this project turn to sh%t.

Hey man DASH isn't just any old crypto scam. They put a lot of thought into this and pioneered many new scam techniques!

For example, they don't need sell their coins in order to enrich themselves.. they can just keep collecting masternode payments without selling the coins! eduffield just needs to continue doing what he's been doing so far... with dash version 11 he was saying "version 12 is going to be very promising" ... now at version 12 he says "version 13 will be very promising" ... on and on, meanwhile every day they have their 1.5 million coins from the scam instamine in masternodes so they just keep collecting the income.

Probably the best crypto scam seen so far!

MadGamer,

Masternodes are a concept that Dash invented. They are simply special nodes that provide important services on the network. Services like 1) instant transactions by locking inputs and outputs even before a block is confirmed, 2) coin anonymization services to enable private transactions that cannot be traced, and 3) an always-on infrastructure (usually in a hosted datacenter environment).

Anyone can start a masternode. Unlike Bitcoin, where 100% of each block reward goes to miners, the Dash block reward is split up to each of the network's needs. Miners get a portion of the block rewards from mining, but in order for their block to be valid, a share must be paid to masternode operators and another portion goes toward projects that masternode owners vote to fund. Things like development, marketing, legal expenses, etc. So while Bitcoin remains dependent on volunteers or donations to fund full nodes on the network and other expenses like development, Dash uses the block rewards to fund ALL of the needs of the network, not just one. I think it's genius.

So the poster was referring to the collection of Masternode payments that go to those that run a masternode. Running a masternode is work... you have to keep it updated, monitor it, and pay to host it, but it's a great way to be involved and support the network infrastructure.

While there is no "maximum" coins issued, there is similar to bitcoin a declining reward schedule and there is a maximum that can be produced over the next week, year, decade etc. In essence, there is a maximum number of coins that could be produced within our lifetime. It just happens to be a smoother ramp-down than bitcoin's block halving ever four years. Instead, the reward declines at 7% year-on-year every year. So there is a cap on the number produced over a given timeframe.

I hope this answers your questions... as you can see, Dash is not just another clone coin and is really pushing new innovations.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:39:46 PM

MadGamer
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:52:04 PM

Damn , this looks sick and awesome Grin I wish Bitcoin was working on the same way . Thanks both Taylor05 & Solarminer .
last question , When you guys say that I need 1000 Dash which is basically equal to 10 BTC , does it mean that I need to spend them or something ? or I can keep those on my wallet and use them once I stop using Masternodes
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:54:16 PM

Damn , this looks sick and awesome Grin I wish Bitcoin was working on the same way . Thanks both Taylor05 & Solarminer .
last question , When you guys say that I need 1000 Dash which is basically equal to 10 BTC , does it mean that I need to spend them or something ? or I can keep those on my wallet and use them once I stop using Masternodes
Exactly, keep them. Your masternode is alive as long as you have 1000 in your wallet.you can spend them normally.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:54:40 PM

Official Newcomer Introductory Video Release

One of our main objectives going forward is sharing the good work we are doing in Dash with the public. Part of our vision is to cultivate adoption of this ecosystem through education, promotion and engagement of potential users on the benefits of cryptocurrencies and the functionality our solutions enable. This is very important for the future of the Dash project.

More info: https://dashtalk.org/threads/official-newcomer-introductory-video-release.6142/#post-67122

Now dont you guys get distracted by her two lovely .. big .. eyes.
Focuss on the message !!

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:56:36 PM

Exactly, keep them. Your masternode is alive as long as you have 1000 in your wallet.you can spend them normally.

yep, keep them safe in a cold wallet. If you however touch that 1000 Dash input (either by spending them or by moving them) the network will stop regarding it as a masternode.

Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:59:00 PM

The 1,000 Dash is yours to keep. It is simply collateral. You must deposit the collateral into an address, but you can keep in cold storage... no need to have it on the network 24/7. If you ever decide that running a masternode isn't for you, you can just spend the 1,000 Dash or exchange it for fiat or bitcoin.

The collateral prevents attackers gaining too much of a share of masternodes, and ensures that if they did attack the network it would be to their own detriment. So it kind of acts like "proof-of-stake" in that regards.
MadGamer
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:59:48 PM

yep, keep them safe in a cold wallet.

Now another last question lol Shocked User above said :

Running a masternode is work... you have to keep it updated, monitor it, and pay to host it,

What does that means exactly (I get the hosting part), I mean it's not like Bitcoin node  ? just opening ports and running the wallet all the time ?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:05:34 PM

Running a masternode is work... you have to keep it updated, monitor it, and pay to host it,

What does that means exactly (I get the hosting part), I mean it's not like Bitcoin node  ? just opening ports and running the wallet all the time ?

it means you will need to find änd hire a VPN server (some 5$ per month), install  firewall, install Dash software and upgrade the Dash software in case of new Dash versions (or in case of upgrades on your rented server) .
These VPN servers normally have a variety of OS to choose from, we normally choose Linux. There are some good manuals on Dashtalk which describes every step to take.

https://dashtalk.org/forums/masternode-guides.66/

My advice, read through this manual to get a feeling whats needed  : TAO'S MASTERNODE SETUP GUIDE FOR DUMMIES  
https://dashtalk.org/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies.2680/

And see my signature for some basic Linux commands to use in case of upgrading a masternode ...

moocowmoo

Activity: 263

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 07:16:09 PM

What does that means exactly (I get the hosting part), I mean it's not like Bitcoin node  ? just opening ports and running the wallet all the time ?

it means you will need to find änd hire a VPN server (some 5$ per month), install  firewall, install Dash software and upgrade the Dash software in case of new Dash versions (or in case of upgrades on your rented server) .
These VPN servers normally have a variety of OS to choose from, we normally choose Linux. There are some good manuals on Dashtalk which describes every step to take.

https://dashtalk.org/forums/masternode-guides.66/

My advice, read through this manual to get a feeling whats needed  : TAO'S MASTERNODE SETUP GUIDE FOR DUMMIES  
https://dashtalk.org/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies.2680/

Or you can hire a service to do all that for you:

Moocowmoo's Magic Masternode Maker™ (Hosting)
by moocowmoo
moocowmoo@masternode.me
https://dashtalk.org/threads/moocowmoos-magic-masternode-maker.3305/

(My personal favorite, I run it. I'm the most expensive, but I'm both a full-time adminstrator and very hands-on. I'll walk you through anything you need. My site is ugly, but my tech is solid. Most of the masternodes hosted with me have been online for nearing a year without any restarts.)

Masternodehosting (Hosting)
by Holger Schinzel (Dash Core team member)
holger@masternodehosting.com
https://dashtalk.org/threads/service-masternode-hosting-service.2648/

Node40 (Hosting / Pooling / Monitoring)
by orangecycle
https://dashtalk.org/threads/node40-masternode-management-services.4447/

Splawik`s Super Shares Service (Hosting / Pooling)
by splawik21
https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-shares-vps-service-reloaded.3195/

DASH.ORG.RU Masternode Hosting (Hosting / Pooling)
by poiuty
poiuty@lepus.su
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-org-ru-masternode-hosting.5723/

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
Pages: « 1 ... 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 [5169] 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: