Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 [6149] 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
sawa
Legendary

Activity: 1308
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:22:42 PM

p2pool code updated to version "e8d4618" https://github.com/dashpay/p2pool-dash, it works with the daemon 0.12.1.
My node http://crypto.office-on-the.net:7903/static/ works fine.
The owners, just update your nodes.

Super Awesome!

I recommend that all miners of the p2pool to go to the updated nodes.
The p2p network of old and new nodes are not compatible.
After being all the nodes of p2pool will be updated to version "e8d4618", all shares and "Predicted payout" will be reset to zero  Sad
Some nodes can be found in this list: http://www.p2poolmining.us/p2poolnodes/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:12:02 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 12:29:27 AM by BrainShutdown

But... but... but... instamine... IPv6 and stuff... Grin

Edit:

In another note and about 48h after upgrade we are at about 1/3 network (mining) compliance with 12.1 and that can be compared to 2+ months of segwit compliance (~25%) So what do you think?

- Is segwit crap?

- Do the majority of the decision makers in BTC (miners) think that segwit is crap?

- Are the majority of the decision makers in BTC (miners) just dumb?

- Because Instamine!  Roll Eyes

Discuss  Cool

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:30:48 AM

And speaking of which: Where's your down-syndrome sidekick Arielshit, anyway? I found the perfect avatar for him. It's in the center of this picture:

you summon me? boy? you want me to beat your sorry ass again? ...be careful what you wish for  Grin

you twerps get cocky every time your shitcoin pumps

remember it is not your tech that attracts money to your shitcoin...it is HYIP..

and it doesn't need some high level de anonymizing shit to bypass your privacy features..it only gets to a simple blockchain analysis, like this..

..and say goodbye to your privacy  Tongue

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:35:35 AM

So timing/value analisys work to backtrace dash private send?  Grin

Wow you're dumber than I thought

ahahhaahahahahahhaha

Go back to your cave and stop embarassing yourself  Grin

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:44:53 AM

So timing/value analisys work to backtrace dash private send?  Grin

Wow you're dumber than I thought

ahahhaahahahahahhaha

Go back to your cave and stop embarassing yourself  Grin

okay, then...let's continue this discussion ..

and oh.. don't shutdown on me like your buddies  Grin

its only pseudo claim to fame, anonymity, does not exist.

Feel free to demonstrate this claim at your convenience  Wink

Meanwhile, if you include the one design priority you deliberately left out then you'll in fact discover that Dash is as yet unsurpassed as a privacy coin  Grin

nobody answered my inquiry about blockchain analysis unmasking DASH privacy, back then...i guess it's time to show this again....DASH peddlers cmon!  Grin

BTW it was really fun watching the video, the DASH person got grilled but he is technically inclined (supposed to give good answers)...he tried to white wash the "instamine" word, suggested a better word, got lost and cannot find a better word to substitute the "instamine" LOL .... he was a fanatic and i guess that two got out of control because it will really become fun to troll that "fanatic" hehe

4) Most important, those who use PrivateSend have nothing to worry about, because the financial privacy it offers is pretty much ironclad. ICEBREAKER has been trying to crack a 4-round PrivateSend transaction that I posted nearly a year ago and still can't do it.

tl;dr Use PrivateSend, and we can't control what private companies do in any event.

- they will know you are mixing because prior to mixing they can watch your coins, and say "oh it became obfuscated therefore it was mixed"..

- and they also know that your coins came from wallet mixing because it wasn't generated by mining pools and POS masternodes...

that's a huge security hole for your privacy  Tongue

So I know that normally we aren't supposed to quote trolls, but I think these are two relatively valid points that can be easily addressed for any non-trolls that might be interested.

1) Yes, anybody who watches the blockchain will know that coins have been mixed. That's one of the core design elements of Dash--the ability to mix coins. That's like saying "They will know that a Monero user is trying to obfuscate their spending because they're using Monero." That's not really a secret. PrivateSend makes it so that they can't trace a transaction back to its source address. Nobody cares if you've mixed your coins. We all mix our coins. So what?

2) Yes, that one is also self-evident. It's right there in the blockchain. So what that those funds came from mixing? You can't trace a tx back to its source wallet, and there's your financial privacy.

It's sort of like saying "Ohhhhh...his phone is locked! He is trying to protect his privacy!"...granted...but everybody locks their phones. Unless you can bypass the lock, you don't know what's on the phone.

okay..lets expand a little

so the remaining privacy for dash is "tracing proof" but not block chain analysis

your analogy:
It's sort of like saying "Ohhhhh...his phone is locked! He is trying to protect his privacy!"...granted...but everybody locks their phones. Unless you can bypass the lock, you don't know what's on the phone

they know what's on your phone (call logs and dates), they just can't trace whose your calling to.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 12:53:30 AM

some bipolar random shit

ok. you're right. sorry Smiley bye

Edit: try to grasp the concept of: ahead of time, decentralized denominated mixing  Kiss

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:14:09 AM

some bipolar random shit

ok. you're right. sorry Smiley bye

Edit: try to grasp the concept of: ahead of time, decentralized denominated mixing  Kiss

how about...time is continuous, even if you do it ahead of time..you will still send at a given time? the question remains, who send and receive an X amount of DASH? ...

decentralized denominated mixing? ... mix whatever, whenever you want the "input and output" is what matters  Grin

.... Brain-Shutdown...what an irony  Cheesy ...see you soon
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:16:22 AM

Dash Receives Sentinel Upgrade, Paves Way for a New Payments System

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/02/06/dash-sentinel-upgrade-payments/

Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 01:37:56 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 02:32:23 AM by Riseman

As far as I understand how this works, you won't be able to know Bob's source address after he had mixed his coins because the coins will be scattered around numerous newly generated addresses. So the attack vector displayed in your picture is invalid.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 02:10:53 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 07:28:27 AM by iCEBREAKER

That's a strange definition of flawless.

Usually a "flawless" transition does not entail ugly, damaging quick fixes which the devs themselves characterize as "controversial" and only acceptable out of necessity "until we have a better solution."

Usually a "flawless" transition does not entail losing connectivity with standard modern internetworking protocols, resulting in ~$1.5 million dollars worth of nodes being rudely tossed out of the system with no say in the matter (and taking their diversity/diffusivity with them).

Masternodes should be allowed to annonce ipv4 addresses only from now

^That's what normal people would call a flaw in the transition.

I can't believe your response to the question of "Why didn't Masternodes hold a vote on banning IPv6?" is to throw out some red herring about Americans and illegals.  Talk about hand waving!  

WTF are you really that stupid?  Or are you just that committed to white knighting for Even The Instaminer, to the point where you will defend his unilateral actions and consistently false pretensions about governance theater no matter how blatantly centralized, retrograde, arbitrary, and authoritarian they become?

Do you have any idea what a huge security issue it is for every Masternode to be tied to a static IPv4 address?

Obviously you do not, otherwise you'd have chosen to describe 12.1 with a more appropriate term than "flawless."

"Flawless" sounds like some Evan Can Do No Wrong cheerleading from a Kool-Aid drinking bagholder, not an honest critical appraisal respectful of all the facts.

Of course given Dash's MO is "Marketing Over Technology" I'm not surprised you prefer to paint the situation in rosy terms rather than address the reasons why Bitcoin would never in a million years kick its IPv6 nodes out, much less have the chutzpah to describe such a Pyrrhic "quick win" as "flawless."

Is it asking too much for Evan to stop breaking features Bitcoin devs worked hard to implement?  If your name is Lukas_Jackson, the answer is "yes!"   Cheesy

The irony is stunning.  12.1 is being hyped as "Evolution" despite it breaking existing functionality and moving Dash back into the Bronze Age of networking.

IPv4 = tech from 1981

IPv6 = tech from 1999

What the diff?  Glad you asked!

While increasing the pool of addresses is one of the most often-talked about benefit of IPv6, there are other important technological changes in IPv6 that will improve the IP protocol:

- No more NAT (Network Address Translation)
- Auto-configuration
- No more private address collisions
- Better multicast routing
- Simpler header format
- Simplified, more efficient routing
- True quality of service (QoS), also called "flow labeling"
- Built-in authentication and privacy support
- Flexible options and extensions
- Easier administration (say good-bye to DHCP)

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 02:56:46 AM

As far as I understand how this works, you won't be able to know Bob's source address after he had mixed his coins because the coins will be scattered around numerous newly generated addresses. So the attack vector displayed in your picture is invalid.

but the source address lost let's say a 100 DASH (scattered around numerous newly generated addresses) ... the question is who lost and receives a 100 DASH..the question still stands

so this is your analogy..

Bob's source address: 100 DASH ...(Bob mixes)

new gen address 2: 10
new gen address 3: 20
new gen address 4: 30
new gen address 5: 40

Blockchain analytics: fuck address 2 to 5, who received/who has/who lost a 100 DASH?

i wonder how this works  Grin

https://www.dash.org/news/dash-adds-full-support-for-amlkyc-compliance-with-coinfirm/
The Coinfirm platform will allow for ongoing AML monitoring once fully synchronized with Dash’s blockchain. The platform will provide Dash’s corporate clients, including those who require AML/KYC compliance, with an array of solutions that fulfill and streamline processes. Verification of counterparties, automatic risk assessments, and fraud management tools will be managed and fully scalable by way of Coinfirm’s powerful solutions.

Beyond its use for commercial adoption, Coinfirm’s unique “Wealth Reports” will provide Dash users with the ability to build their verifiable Dash credit history and rating. With an accurate and trusted algorithmic scoring mechanic, entrepreneurs working with Dash will have the incentive and the infrastructure necessary to deploy new financial products and services that will meet consumer demands and grow the economy.
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 03:36:29 AM

How long do we have till our master notes must be updated?  Just waiting for Slawek.....
Riseman

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

but the source address lost let's say a 100 DASH (scattered around numerous newly generated addresses) ... the question is who lost and receives a 100 DASH..the question still stands
https://www.dash.org/news/dash-adds-full-support-for-amlkyc-compliance-with-coinfirm/
The Coinfirm platform will allow for ongoing AML monitoring once fully synchronized with Dash’s blockchain. The platform will provide Dash’s corporate clients, including those who require AML/KYC compliance, with an array of solutions that fulfill and streamline processes. Verification of counterparties, automatic risk assessments, and fraud management tools will be managed and fully scalable by way of Coinfirm’s powerful solutions.

Beyond its use for commercial adoption,Coinfirm’s unique “Wealth Reports” will provide Dash users with the ability to build their verifiable Dash credit history and rating. With an accurate and trusted algorithmic scoring mechanic, entrepreneurs working with Dash will have the incentive and the infrastructure necessary to deploy new financial products and services that will meet consumer demands and grow the economy.

John received coins from a number of unknown addresses not connected with Bob in any way. The coins also came from other users (i.e., mixed) and have no connection to Bob. Bob's original coins were spread among other participants of the mixing process.

I think it should be clear that AML and "verifiable Dash credit history and rating" will be possible only for non-private transactions using unmixed coins, and Dash lets its user choose whether to use them or not. So this whole Coinfirm thing seems to be optional.

Dash people, correct me if I'm wrong Smiley
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:22:05 AM

Beyond its use for commercial adoption,Coinfirm’s unique “Wealth Reports” will provide Dash users with the ability to build their verifiable Dash credit history and rating. With an accurate and trusted algorithmic scoring mechanic, entrepreneurs working with Dash will have the incentive and the infrastructure necessary to deploy new financial products and services that will meet consumer demands and grow the economy.

John received coins from a number of unknown addresses not connected with Bob in any way. The coins also came from other users (i.e., mixed) and have no connection to Bob. Bob's original coins were spread among other participants of the mixing process.

I think it should be clear that AML and "verifiable Dash credit history and rating" will be possible only for non-private transactions using unmixed coins, and Dash lets its user choose whether to use them or not. So this whole Coinfirm thing seems to be optional.

Dash people, correct me if I'm wrong Smiley

yes, John received coins from a number of unknown addresses (and coins from other users-mixed coins)...i believe there is a way to know that the process you mentioned can be identified as "mixing" by blockchain analysis..therefore it can be safely assumed that John received coins from mixing..

Bob's original coins were spread among participants of the mixing..therefore it can also be known how many of Bob original coins were obfuscated/lost to mixing (were split/participated in the mixing).

back to  "AML" and "verifiable Dash credit history and rating"... i'm pointing out that these clients, even if they choose to use private send (as an option for privacy) are in danger... specially their names, address,profile etc. are already in "the record"
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:49:04 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 06:39:08 AM by MasterMined710

Proposal: Business Development - Major Exchange

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-major-exchange.12881/

This proposal funds the integration of Dash into a major exchange with fiat trading.

Why Aren't We Seeing Greater Adoption of Cryptocurrency?
https://youtu.be/zrIul2OGsQE

Published on Jan 23, 2017
Ryan Taylor defines two reasons crypto hasn't gone mainstream yet -- and it may not be the reasons you've been told elsewhere. This is the speech delivered by the Director of Finance of Dash at The North American Bitcoin Conference, 2017.

Learn more by visiting http://dash.org

Original presentation here: https://youtu.be/Tn2s6IHAL4A

Get social with us:
- Dash Slack: http://dashnation.com/chat
- DASH: Detailed Homepage: http://dashdetailed.com
- DASH: Detailed Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashdetailed
- Dash Homepage: http://dash.org
- Dash Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashpay

Dash Nation slack invite
http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

Two things i don't want to get buried with all the Dash drama and the totally off topic trolling post.

LIVE Interview and QA: Amanda B. Johnson of DASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRhi6_E8il4

This last one is really good, packed with info for the newbie's and old heads alike....
Dash: The new Cryptocurrency player with more Features than Bitcoin - Amanda Johnson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d-DCRNAKiM

I like this one too...

Dash Unveils Largest Software Upgrade Since Inception
http://paymentweek.com/2017-2-6-dash-unveils-largest-software-upgrade-since-inception/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Riseman

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 04:51:34 AM

i believe there is a way to know that the process you mentioned can be identified as "mixing" by blockchain analysis..therefore it can be safely assumed that John received coins from mixing..

Bob's original coins were spread among participants of the mixing..therefore it can also be known how many of Bob original coins were obfuscated/lost to mixing (were split/participated in the mixing).

Yes, it's probably possible. So what? Mixing coins is not illegal by itself. It is still impossible to know and to prove that it was Bob who sent coins to John. That is why you should mix coins in advance and better not the exact amount you are going to spend privately.

Coinfirm will not be able to deanonymize transactions. Nobody was able to still.
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:33:43 AM

Got my two nodes updated and running last night from a single cold wallet. Thanks everyone for all help!

Reading some of the posts here reminds me of the old ancient wisdom
Never let the facts get in the way of a good FUD

Thanks all clowns for the daily laughters, have a great day!
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 07:05:32 AM

i believe there is a way to know that the process you mentioned can be identified as "mixing" by blockchain analysis..therefore it can be safely assumed that John received coins from mixing..

Yes, it's probably possible. So what? Mixing coins is not illegal by itself. It is still impossible to know and to prove that it was Bob who sent coins to John. That is why you should mix coins in advance and better not the exact amount you are going to spend privately.

Coinfirm will not be able to deanonymize transactions. Nobody was able to still.

Mixing coins is not illegal by itself.

we are not talking about legality of stuff around here....it is about privacy.

It is still impossible to know and to prove that it was Bob who sent coins to John

blockchain analysis and deduction...the secret sauce in blockchain analysis will come and its gonna hit you hard..listen how this prosecutor talk about "mixers", and she mentioned "other coins".
http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2016/11/01/federal-prosecutor-kathryn-haun-on-how-criminals-use-bitcoin-and-how-she-catches-them/

That is why you should mix coins in advance and better not the exact amount you are going to spend privately.

i like you to make a manual on that for the newbs and for the next generation of crypto users heheh...like, mix a 100 coins when you are going to spend 80 coins...and oh, mix your coins on thursday before spending them in saturday LOOOOL  Grin

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 07:56:41 AM

How long do we have till our master notes must be updated?  Just waiting for Slawek.....

Version 12.1 Release
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/version-12-1-release.12985

Who is required to update?

It is imperative that ALL users of the dash client update to the most recent version of the client as soon as possible. End users, miners, pool operators, exchanges, and masternode owners have until Sunday, February 12th to update. After that date, we will switch completely to the new version as soon as our engineers determine it is safe to do so, and older versions of the software will drop off the network.

K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 08:34:00 AM

Version 12.1 Release
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/version-12-1-release.12985

Who is required to update?

It is imperative that ALL users of the dash client update to the most recent version of the client as soon as possible. End users, miners, pool operators, exchanges, and masternode owners have until Sunday, February 12th to update. After that date, we will switch completely to the new version as soon as our engineers determine it is safe to do so, and older versions of the software will drop off the network.

I'm just a user but I'm on holiday at the moment and won't get home until 14th February, so I can't update until then.  What will this mean for me?
Pages: « 1 ... 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 [6149] 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: