Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:29:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 [6125] 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:53:33 PM

Re Charlie Lee:
Unfair instamined launch... rrrrright...
That's really funny to hear from a guy who launched a coin with ~10000 blocks (~500.000 LTC) mined in the first 24h
https://twitter.com/UdjinM6/status/824212258695905284

I smell competition. Or should I say Charlie smells competition. It feels good.
When Charlie says that one launch is fair and the other not it just makes him look stupid. Dash was based on Litecoin at the beginning, copying the same bug wchich caused fastmining. Both of them were fastmined by miners so...scams? Huh
How can he state with straight face about the number of miners when the mining started? Hello, it was 2014 newcoins fever, so Charlie's thousands of miners would have been waiting and then mining Darkcoin, and just him with few friends would have been mining Litecoin. It looks like Charlie is ignorant and just say what others told him to say.
Now Charlie with his brother from btcc trying to ressurect his coin, again by copying everything from BTC, with making a little buzz and monero-butt licking.
It's ok with me, he can do so but please without lying or being ignorant.
Such cup of tea he has there.

Bring it on, trolls, gremlins, whatever  Cheesy

The differences between the LTC instamine and the DASH instamine are clear:

1) LTC was early, so less interest in  the coin, therefore the instamine was smaller (not 2 million coins in 2 days)
2) The LTC instamine is documented, so Evan Duffield should have fixed it before Copy/Pasting it (or should I say printing the code out using CTRL-P Wink )
3) After Evan was clearly incompetent to fix the code and was willing to let the instamine of Xcoin happen, he made the scammy decision to LOWER the total amount of DASH that would be crated from 84 million initially to 21 million and eventually to ~16 million coins. This makes the 2 million instamined coins a larger % of the total emission.

So Charlie is right: DASH is a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:17:24 AM

Proposal: Infrastructure - Datacenter (February)

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-infrastructure-datacenter-february.12866/

This proposal funds our ongoing infrastructure costs - including expanded funding for higher-availability redundant instances for critical websites as well as adding staging and development instances.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:24:06 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 12:37:19 AM by toknormal

DASH is a scam

Well even if you invest now you should still be able to afford yourself some nice accommodation to cope with up and coming developments by the time they arrive Wink

...here's a fellow traveller who might offer to keep you company.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:26:38 AM

The Dash core team are NETWORK APPOINTED. The masternodes VOTED to have Ryan as the Finance Director for Dash and fund him appropriately, he did not appoint himself....THE MASTERNODES DID THROUGH OUR AWESOME GOVERNANCE SYSTEM!
So since Ryan controls 400 masternodes, you ARE saying that he basically voted himself in. He did appoint himself. How awesome! I dunno how many masternodes OTOH and Evan control (at least as many, I presume), but when you have three entities working together, controlling such a huge percentage of possible votes, that isn't a governance system. No-one in this world would agree with you, that's called something else. They could pass any "proposal" they want. They could pass a proposal to "line my own pockets, pls", and there's fuck all anyone could do about it. Yeah, totally awesome governance system, mate. It must be time for your medication.. Roll Eyes

Exhibit A:

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/transform-pr

Voted out by the network... If such a cartel really existed then why did a project get the 'thumbs down' from the network despite vocal support from the core team? If your theory is correct then this proposal would have been voted through no questions asked...

Walter

P.S. How does the DASH governance system compare to other top 10 cryptos out there? ...Erm... What governance systems... Huh Kiss
The point is that the dash "governance system" is not "one man, one vote" (the system adopted by all civilised countries). It's "how much money, how many votes" and this allows/enables such cartels to exist. Your "governance system" is open to corruption. In fact, it welcomes and enables corruption, by design. This is clear for all to see. This would not be tolerated in the real world, and it won't be.

Cryptos were designed originally, precisely to keep governmental dirty paws off our money. So what does Dash do? Makes a "government" that is many orders of magnitude worse? Please could you tell me how that is (in any way) awesome?

How to take a great idea...and ruin it. World I give you....Dash.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:32:08 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 12:49:09 AM by toknormal

The point is that the dash "governance system" is not "one man, one vote"

Well you've sure got a point there.

I always thought that if I stuck $100 into Apple I should have as much say as these guys. I've got some pretty neat ideas for Apple that I think are better than theirs anyway.

See if you can't convince them of your "one man one vote" idea. Sounds ideal to me   Cool

(P.S. Speaking of whom, here's quite an entertaining little skit for those looking to fill 2 minutes).
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 12:51:29 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 01:09:18 AM by gusterdd

I always thought that if I stuck $100 into Apple I should have as much say as these guys. I've got some pretty neat ideas for Apple that I think are better than theirs anyway.

See if you can't convince them of your "one man one vote" idea. Sounds ideal to me   Cool

Dash cryptocurrency is similar a company.
If some one has many masternodes, he would have many voting tickets !!
Volyova, your one man, one vote idea is not for dash voting system. Dash voting is not President election.
In masternode voters exist leading whale voter. Leading whale voter's selection is most important.
In voters exist competition to get more (voting)share,  so masternode number increase every month.
Though you set a masternode and don't vote,  you ride on the price increase becauseof whale's masternode competition.
Volyova, Please join dash team !!

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:14:50 AM

I am offering a super-node hosting service: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1757389.0 (do not confuse this with 1000DASH 'super' nodes, this is more of a high speed node for relay purposes (for pools) etc.

0.1 BTC a year for the DASH community. This is a node that is hosted on a high bandwith, high speed low latency server. This is a node which will have reliable uptime, but will also allow fast relaying of blocks to other peers if pools have a direct connection to the nodes. For any coin to be listed, I am looking for 0.1 BTC / year per coin. Currently we have a HODLCoin seed node hosted here, which is a great honor!

If the DASH community wishes to have a supernode hosted here, which will be kept updated with the latest software, please use this address which is kept track of. Once it reaches 0.1 BTC a supernode will be hosted. Feel free to read the topic and contact the HODLCoin developer for feedback.

Server specification (I have multiples): Quad-Core Xeon, 4GB RAM, 160+GB HDD space, 1Gbps network per server. As DASH is well established where nodes are concerned, this would be more suitable for pools as a relay so I am unsure if this will gain any traction in DASH but will offer my service.

DASH supernode funding address: 3F1GjdY4xeGhmdwXmmh8r9GYzMoNZk34iN

Thank you!
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:28:53 AM

The differences between the LTC instamine and the DASH instamine are clear:

1) LTC was early, so less interest in  the coin, therefore the instamine was smaller (not 2 million coins in 2 days)
2) The LTC instamine is documented, so Evan Duffield should have fixed it before Copy/Pasting it (or should I say printing the code out using CTRL-P Wink )
3) After Evan was clearly incompetent to fix the code and was willing to let the instamine of Xcoin happen, he made the scammy decision to LOWER the total amount of DASH that would be crated from 84 million initially to 21 million and eventually to ~16 million coins. This makes the 2 million instamined coins a larger % of the total emission.

So Charlie is right: DASH is a scam.

You're quick soldier.

1. Roll Eyes Charlie said LTC was mined by thousands of miners at that time. So, do you know what are you talking about? You just do your duty here, I suppose.
2. Maybe he didn't do enough research and just launched the coin in a 2014-coin-fever. Are you a butthurt now, soldier?
3. If he would have done that decission by himself, we wouldn't have anything to see here, instead we have a bunch of loyal xmr soldiers attacking very succesfull and with bright future cryptocurrency. By the way, when you follow Dash that closely, soldier for 2xmr/day Wink, at least do it properly. If that makes you sad, sorry, there will be ~19,8 million coins, and that makes fastmined coins a lower % of the total emission  Roll Eyes

But don't worry soldier, well done, you did your duty.

PS. Sorry for quoting an obvious paid idiot.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:49:34 AM

DASH governance system

Dash's governance is way way way more fair and decentralized than BTC, which is controlled by only a handful of centralized miners in china.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 02:23:54 AM

DASH governance system

Dash's governance is way way way more fair and decentralized than BTC, which is controlled by only a handful of centralized miners in china.
Nope.  Dash does not have a governance system.   Governance implies that you can force a change.   The only thing the budget system can do is pay out a project that is submitted.

Proof:   Budget passed to increase block size to 2MB.   Result is still 1MB blocksize.  Of course, this proposal is used over an over to say Dash can increase the blocksize in 24 hours....um.   right....1 year and still no change.

The only ones that can control changes are those with access to github.  And even then, the code needs to be created and tested before it can be approved.

Charlie was spot on with the "Marketing over Tech".

To get you started on that blocksize increase, here is a start.
https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/master/src/primitives/block.h
/** The maximum allowed size for a serialized block, in bytes (network rule) */
static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_SIZE = 1000000;
change to
static const unsigned int MAX_BLOCK_SIZE = 2000000;
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 02:32:29 AM

[Your gracious comment]

Not to clog the thread, but sorry for comparing you to a goldfish  Grin

No, that's how I describe myself, and it's true!  I have a weird short term memory issue, LOL, which is actually pretty funny.  I have a "twin cousin" who loves to tell jokes, and he can always tell me the same jokes over and over again because I'll have forgotten the punch line (or the whole joke) and laugh like it was the first time Cheesy  So no, no offence taken at all, LOL.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 02:55:20 AM

(P.S. Speaking of whom, here's quite an entertaining little skit for those looking to fill 2 minutes).

That was funny, both!

Why don't people get that this is a business, an open organizational business, but a business none the less?  Why are they here?  I mean, this space is supposed to be full of anarcho capitalists yet these trolls don't seem to understand any of this.  I suggest reading Hayek's free money market, it's a free PDF download!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 03:47:28 AM

DASH governance system

snip...Budget passed to increase block size to 2MB.   Result is still 1MB blocksize.  Of course, this proposal is used over an over to say Dash can increase the blocksize in 24 hours....um.   right....1 year and still no change.

We don't need 2MB blocks right now and it would not be wise to implement that change until we do. When it is time to do so it will be done. Do you doubt that?

"To implement 2mb blocks and prepare for Evolution, we must take care of some security concerns as well. There is a concern even with 1MB blocks that an attacker could add a transaction that takes 30 seconds to process, with 2MB blocks it’s actually possible to add a 10 minute script to process....If approved, a proper development, testing and deployment process would start before it reaches production."
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/2mb-blocksize

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Taylor05

Activity: 265

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:20:06 AM

Proposal: Admin - HR Consult

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-admin-hr-consult.12870/

This proposal would fund a third-party evaluation of our HR needs in six key areas outlined in the proposal.
Solarminer

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 04:30:40 AM

DASH governance system

snip...Budget passed to increase block size to 2MB.   Result is still 1MB blocksize.  Of course, this proposal is used over and over to say Dash can increase the blocksize in 24 hours....um.   right....1 year and still no change.

We don't need 2MB blocks right now and it would not be wise to implement that change until we do. When it is time to do so it will be done. Do you doubt that?

"To implement 2mb blocks and prepare for Evolution, we must take care of some security concerns as well. There is a concern even with 1MB blocks that an attacker could add a transaction that takes 30 seconds to process, with 2MB blocks it’s actually possible to add a 10 minute script to process....If approved, a proper development, testing and deployment process would start before it reaches production."
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/2mb-blocksize

Yeah, totally reasonable to delay a year before working on any of the code for a blocksize increase.  At this rate it is looking like Bitcoin will beat Dash on a blocksize/segwit update.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:02:14 AM

Dash cryptocurrency is similar a company.
If some one has many masternodes, he would have many voting tickets !!
Volyova, your one man, one vote idea is not for dash voting system. Dash voting is not President election.
In masternode voters exist leading whale voter. Leading whale voter's selection is most important.
In voters exist competition to get more (voting)share,  so masternode number increase every month.
Though you set a masternode and don't vote,  you ride on the price increase becauseof whale's masternode competition.
Volyova, Please join dash team !!
Dear gusterdd, you sound like a decent chap, you really do, so please know that this reply is from the heart (and I hope I am not being trolled here).
I want to help you, I really do, but I can't join the Dash team, because I can't defend Dash, because I can't change Dash. Only Evan can do that, so perhaps you'd be better off appealing to him (I know, I know, he probably won't reply).
Asking me to join the Dash team is like asking me to jump aboard a sinking ship, full of rich psychopaths that wish only harm to come to me! Maybe I could save a few lives, but why not just let it sink? You can jump off too.
This is not just me "being dramatic". If you read a couple of pages back, you'll notice that I was actually THREATENED by a Dash community member. Having only the body of a weak and feeble woman, I was frightened by this. I am scared to have such people in my proximity. People who think that it's alright to do that kind of thing. I'm sure you understand what I mean.
To be totally clear with you, I was once invested in Dash as well (so I know your pain), but the more I found out about it, the more I didn't like it and the more nervous I became holding it. In the end (for my peace of mind), I sold. That is to say, I saved myself. Every decent Dash newb/newbette can do the same. No network can survive without users. You all know what you need to do. Leave this network before it leaves you.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 05:59:18 AM

DASH governance system

Nope.  Dash does not have a governance system.   Governance implies that you can force a change.   The only thing the budget system can do is pay out a project that is submitted.

Proof:   Budget passed to increase block size to 2MB.   Result is still 1MB blocksize.  Of course, this proposal is used over an over to say Dash can increase the blocksize in 24 hours....um.   right....1 year and still no change.

The only ones that can control changes are those with access to github.  And even then, the code needs to be created and tested before it can be approved.

change to

You do realize that Dash currently has 4 times the block capacity of Bitcoin, right?  And a fraction of the need!  I don't know what happened to you Solar, but if you really can only troll now, it might be healthier for you to turn and walk away completely and dig into another project.  I'm sorry to see you go, but seeing you act like this is just sad.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 06:38:55 AM

How does the DASH governance system compare to other top 10 cryptos out there? ...Erm... What governance systems... Huh Kiss

It's more meaningful (apples to apples) to compare DASH with the other coins that feature explicitly blockchainy "governance systems."

Decred is superior to Dash in every conceivable way.

Peercoin has been around longer and has a better benevolent dictator for life.

Synereo if nothing else wasn't unfairly instamined.

Monero's governance is working very well, giving us state of the art fungibility with RingCT, a slick GUI, and i2p routing (soon).

On the other hand, Dash's governance is causing severe tension in their community.

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-core-team-accountability-and-lack-of-communication.12567/

Quote from: Stealth923 Dec 29, 2016

Here's what someone who tried Dash thinks about its overhyped "governance systems."

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/i-sold-all-my-dash-here-is-why-and-my-view-on-the-state-of-dash.11416

Quote from: xdashguy Nov 5, 2016

You don't see those kinds of threads in other communities except the ones controlled 100% by individuals (Vcash, ShadowCash, jl777 trash)

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Solarminer

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:46:20 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2017, 07:04:13 AM by Solarminer

DASH governance system

Nope.  Dash does not have a governance system.   Governance implies that you can force a change.   The only thing the budget system can do is pay out a project that is submitted.

Proof:   Budget passed to increase block size to 2MB.   Result is still 1MB blocksize.  Of course, this proposal is used over an over to say Dash can increase the blocksize in 24 hours....um.   right....1 year and still no change.

The only ones that can control changes are those with access to github.  And even then, the code needs to be created and tested before it can be approved.

change to

You do realize that Dash currently has 4 times the block capacity of Bitcoin, right?  And a fraction of the need!  I don't know what happened to you Solar, but if you really can only troll now, it might be healthier for you to turn and walk away completely and dig into another project.  I'm sorry to see you go, but seeing you act like this is just sad.

So my reply might have seemed harsh, but I am truly disappointed with Dash.  The proposal last year was a great idea.   Ideas are easy, implementing them takes work.   All the Dash marketing about increasing blocksize or made the decision to, is now false advertising.  And since I trusted developers to follow through, I have also been part of the problem by spreading false information.

Dash is different than Bitcoin.  If blocks do get full, InstantX transactions will start to be unlocked.  This is huge problem for such a key feature.   And the attitude of no need to worry about it we are fine, is poor.  Dash should be moving to variable blocks.   Vcash had that figured out last year.  Dash looks more and more like they are promising features just to get investors regardless if they will actually finish them.
metropolia

Activity: 331

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 06:48:27 AM

It is great to see Dash is stable around 100M usd market cap, which is no.6 on the total rank, I notice dash can be top 5 again, let us make dash great again!
Pages: « 1 ... 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 [6125] 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: