Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:15:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 [6127] 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2017, 11:48:52 PM

This one i dedicate to our trolls that have been with us through hardship and prosperity :

ETA : 10 days
Massive crash?

Just buy PASC DCR and shut up!  Grin

Fixed it for you, because even DashHoles deserve a chance to be part of a real distributed governance by blockchain experiment, and don't deserve to be ripped of by the 'decentralization theater' and 'Potemkin governance' found here.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 11:59:28 PM

I'm surprised anyone has taken the vote to increase Dash blocksize literally the real motivation was very obvious.

Don't be surprised, trolls know very well that this particular vote was not to be taken literally. They just play their moronic and/or paid game over and over.

There are two non-exclusive possibilities here.

1. Dash's so-called "distributed governance" is just a system for conducting unenforceable and therefore meaningless symbolic straw polls (along with unaccountable grants of free money)

2. Evan lacks the technical chops to implement a maximum 2mb block size

When Evan put up that proposal, it's ONLY purpose was to show how fast Dash can get consensus. 

We won't need extra space for at least another 3 years

Gee, I wonder how silly old SolarMiner got the mistaken impression that the 2mb vote was, you know, more than just a bullshit jacking off exercise in self-congratulation?

Can anyone provide evidence from the time of the vote that it was widely understood to be a mere resolution in support of a 2mb vaporware upgrade?

Solving the problems inherent to a 2mb max blocksize is much harder than simply voicing some nebulous intention for undertaking such an endeavor.

And yet, you consider 2mb 'as good as done' with no substance to back up the symbolism.

I know you aren't really knowledgeable about what happens in Bitcoin world, but please be aware that project has run into big problems (IE, a chain fork) due to nodes signaling support for upgrades they weren't actually ready for.

As an aside, it's pretty funny even Dash's 2nd most thoroughly brainwashed cult victim (right behind toknormal) doesn't believe Dash will actually be used for "at least another 3 years."

In 3 years, the crypto universe will be radically different, and if Dash doesn't start finding uses in the real world very soon it will be an almost forgotten footnote in history.
Icebreaker is actually making some good arguments.   Well said.

So I understand that increasing the blocksize is more than one line of code....which I did find by the way.  Hee hee.  But the goal of that vote should have been to direct resources to make it happen.  There should have been a timeline and an idea for testing and implementation.   Maybe initially it was a 1.1MB block and adding .1MB every 3 months.   Whatever made sense to safely implement the change.  Ignoring the proposal now just shows how ineffective the entire Dash Decision Engine really is.

I am not faulting Moo or Udjin, they are completely capable of making the change in a reasonable way.  And maybe the answer is not to make the change.  Which right now is probably a good decision. 

The fault is in the marketing of the change like it was actually going to happen.  I bet if the change was actually made after that vote, Dash would have gained a lot of support.

BTW, Maidsafe and Ardor coming up will be using ways to only keep the latest transactions.  The Blockchain and Blocksize the way we think of it now will be changing.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:00:24 AM

This one i dedicate to our trolls that have been with us through hardship and prosperity :

I've been seeing concern trolls in the thread since 2014. It is really nice to see them in frenzy mode  Wink

For newcomers ->

- Do your own research, the alt world is a high risk investing environment.
- Every opinion here is biased by interests. Concern trolls too.  
- Never invest more than you can afford to lose.
- Yes, alt projects can fail. We had forks and issues in the past and maybe we will have in the future.
- DASH is a work in progress. Yes, we have a ton to improve.

welcome  Smiley
Solarminer

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:03:11 AM

ETA : 100 days
Massive crash?
Nah, but I think the timing is off.  Fixed that.
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:04:45 AM

Proposal: Business Development - Major Exchange

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-major-exchange.12881/

This proposal funds the integration of Dash into a major exchange with fiat trading.
Solarminer

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:08:24 AM

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-major-exchange.12881/

This proposal funds the integration of Dash into a major exchange with fiat trading.
Oooh.  Will we finally get the result of the Fiat Gateways project?   This is a must vote yes to see.  You got this far....better double down.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:20:26 AM

Dash Instant Send at a major exchange.....damn this is going to be big!

Imagine the arbitrage lol send your coins to the exchange - 5 seconds later its ready to use!
Solarminer

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:27:52 AM

I don't see InstantX in the proposal.  Don't assume.  Read them carefully. 

Do you remember the proposal for Lamassu compatible software on a network of one machine.... but the proposal looked like it was actually with lamassu on their network.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:30:04 AM

Is it the long-awaited masternode sell-off?
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:30:22 AM

I don't see InstantX in the proposal.  Don't assume.  Read them carefully.  

Do you remember the proposal for Lamassu compatible software on a network of one machine.... but the proposal looked like it was actually with lamassu on their network.

3. This proposal also ensures that as part of the review and integration process, the exchange technical staff will evaluate Dash’s InstantSend technology and work with the Dash team to test it. Pending a successful evaluation, InstantSend will be enabled for both incoming and outgoing Dash deposits and withdrawals. There are no guarantees at this stage, but there is a firm commitment to study the solution and potentially include it after the exchange becomes more familiar, and the exchange sees real value in the InstantSend technology to both provide a better user experience and potentially drive arbitrage volumes. Barring any security risk findings, they intend to enable InstantSend functionality and work with us if any concerns arise.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:33:11 AM

Are you going to implement masternode blinding in 10 days?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 12:47:35 AM

3. This proposal also ensures that as part of the review and integration process, the exchange technical staff will evaluate Dash’s InstantSend technology and work with the Dash team to test it. Pending a successful evaluation, InstantSend will be enabled for both incoming and outgoing Dash deposits and withdrawals. There are no guarantees at this stage, but there is a firm commitment to study the solution and potentially include it after the exchange becomes more familiar, and the exchange sees real value in the InstantSend technology to both provide a better user experience and potentially drive arbitrage volumes. Barring any security risk findings, they intend to enable InstantSend functionality and work with us if any concerns arise.

Aw, s#*t, I was too late!  Well, I'd like to add that if they do review IS and decide that it's solid, that would be an extremely valuable thumbs up, depending on how major this exchange is.

Before I hear crap about not knowing who the exchange is, I will say I trust Ryan a lot, not to mention the rest of the team. But if Ryan et al think it's a great opportunity, then I'm excited.  There are times when the public, even if it's us out here, who are brainwashed cultists like myself, can't know everything. We have to trust the leaders of the project.  I have no problem with that.  

(edited to get rid of my awful run-on sentences, Ugh!)

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 01:00:26 AM

^ Yep. As an investor they have made me good money to this point so there is no reason to stop trusting them now.  Cool
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:11:12 AM

Why Aren't We Seeing Greater Adoption of Cryptocurrency?
https://youtu.be/zrIul2OGsQE

Published on Jan 23, 2017
Ryan Taylor defines two reasons crypto hasn't gone mainstream yet -- and it may not be the reasons you've been told elsewhere. This is the speech delivered by the Director of Finance of Dash at The North American Bitcoin Conference, 2017.

Learn more by visiting http://dash.org

Original presentation here: https://youtu.be/Tn2s6IHAL4A

Get social with us:
- Dash Slack: http://dashnation.com/chat
- DASH: Detailed Homepage: http://dashdetailed.com
- DASH: Detailed Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashdetailed
- Dash Homepage: http://dash.org
- Dash Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashpay

Dash Nation slack invite
http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Solarminer

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:13:03 AM

Still don't see InstantX.   Are you referring to the term supposedly used in the 12.1 wallet that hasn't been release yet?   Oh, Ok....LOL. 

Well, at least the attempt to use it was put in the proposal.
Solarminer

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 02:16:54 AM

^ Yep. As an investor they have made me good money to this point so there is no reason to stop trusting them now.  Cool
Said every Bernie Madoff investor.  Smiley
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 06:33:34 AM

Good one!

This shows why funding matters and will give us another BTC bypass

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 07:27:58 AM

Good one!

This shows why funding matters and will give us another BTC bypass

This is what i call a "market moving announcement", specially when it concerns a market in an upswing already.
Damn, if i knew this before i could have picked a picture that stated "BIG THINGS ARE COMING"

I dont know about you guys and girls, but i am loving 2017 already  Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Solarminer

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 07:33:31 AM

Just look at how the Evan's Gate cultists are now ganging up on Solarminer, who had the temerity to push back against the groupthink and question the Received Duffontological Wisdom.
I have been attacked by the Non-Coding Dash guys for a while now.  I have put up with it because I believed in Dash.   But now there is too much corruption and mistakes being made.  Maybe it will have a shakeup or implode and the right changes will get made. 

For any newbies, here is some history:
  • First I was told you can't build an instantx soda machine and you will just take the money.
  • Then it was you are a scammer because you built the soda machine (with camo and moo of course) but are not giving profits(never expected to be used after the show anyway) back to the community.
  • Then accused of trying to take over Dash by submitting a proposal to get technology into vendors called vendor-experience.  Instantx anyone?
  • I was harassed several times in private messages flaming me with inappropriate language (from a core member still on the team).
  • Called a troll almost non-stop for any critical thinking.
  • Called a scammer for supporting Dash and community with a slack and then stopping it when the proposal was defunded.
  • Now I am labeled a concern troll and one of the 5 guys, even though I have done more with InstantX than anyone else in Dash, just look at my signature.

There is definitely something wrong with this community.   Maybe I should file a grievance with that new HR person that is coming soon.
dafdaf

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 07:49:54 AM

Ah ah.  Grin
Another proof that bitterness blinds.
Pages: « 1 ... 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 [6127] 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: