Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:23:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 [4257] 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:52:24 PM

New Challenge: We should put some duffs aside for the foundation or Evan for every troll post encountered here. Double if it's an Adam White post.
I pledge .1/.2 respectively and will tally at weeks end starting from now.

Thank you for helping us support Darkcoin development Adam!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:54:19 PM

The Dark Quad-Screen !!

Its seems vertoe has made up his mind...

Sounds like Vertoe needs a project of his own.
bandidorl

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:57:10 PM

The Dark Quad-Screen !!

Its seems vertoe has made up his mind on quitting on us. Dumping his coins as an emotional reaction to the news I totally understand. Putting up his dark-domains for sale too. Locking down the Darkcoin Transifex in a vindictive rage (to say the least) I can swallow till the next day...

Today, 2 days later, unfortunately, after having time to calm down and ponder, people trying to reach out and reason with him, calling him back privately and publicly, it seems he no longer intends to support Darkcoin in its current, or future iterations.

Either sold or simply taken down (today), lets all make a minute of silence in memory for the now extinct   http://darkco.in/monitor/

Moving on, a future project will serve as a substitute for the time being.

Here you have the new, and eeeeever so slightly improved, Darkcoin Quad-Screen. Enjoy!!

http://helpwithcoins.org

Thank you Ghostplayer I have missed it a lot since two days ago, it serves to me as a tranquilizer  Grin
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:57:32 PM

Does anyone know how to do a hardware test on the MiniDisplay Port of a solidbody Macbook Pro ?

I'm staring at a postage stamp cos the monitor signal's comprehensively dead.

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:59:56 PM

Its seems vertoe has made up his mind on quitting on us. Dumping his coins as an emotional reaction to the news I totally understand. Putting up his dark-domains for sale too. Locking down the Darkcoin Transifex in a vindictive rage (to say the least) I can swallow till the next day...

Today, 2 days later, unfortunately, after having time to calm down and ponder, people trying to reach out and reason with him, calling him back privately and publicly, it seems he no longer intends to support Darkcoin in its current, or future iterations.

Either sold or simply taken down (today), lets all make a minute of silence in memory for the now extinct   http://darkco.in/monitor/
Am I the only one who feels there is something mighty wrong in this, you have been cleverly manipulated in order to break the core Dev team apart, more will follow if this is not nipped in the bud right now.
Lawyers and patent attorneys to buy up coin names and logo, this is a path I don't understand, why not choose a name that was not already taken?

You are choosing to enter a world controlled by courts and governments, and once legal contracts are signed, legal challenges can be instigated against you, this is the angle and play being set to take Darkcoin down in the future as I see it.
It is (potentially) a chink in Darkcoin's armor via the legal system to assert control.

P.S. I will miss Vertoe very much, there is more to this than appears at first sight.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:02:38 PM

DUR DUR TROLL

Thank you Adam White!

Current count: .2 coins to the darkcoin development fund per my personal pledge: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10737849#msg10737849
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:10:25 PM

Either sold or simply taken down (today), lets all make a minute of silence in memory for the now extinct   http://darkco.in/monitor/
Am I the only one who feels there is something mighty wrong in this, you have been cleverly manipulated in order to break the core Dev team apart, more will follow if this is not nipped in the bud right now.
Lawyers and patent attorneys to buy up coin names and logo, this is a path I don't understand, why not choose a name that was not already taken?

You are choosing to enter a world controlled by courts and governments, and once legal contracts are signed, legal challenges can be instigated against you, this is the angle and play being set to take Darkcoin down in the future as I see it.
It is (potentially) a chink in Darkcoin's armor via the legal system to assert control.

P.S. I will miss Vertoe very much, there is more to this than appears at first sight.

I think you are reading into things too much. Vertoe was pro-Darkmarkets and something that wasn't never the core direction of the coin. Regardless of the rebrand outcome, Darkmarkets will use it if the technology proves viable--in which case, nothing has changed from that standpoint. It would have been only a matter of time before Vertoe left anyway. Further, you guys act like this is the first time he/she/it sold out. Vertoe sold a substantial amount of coins around the .008-.01 area before the drop down to .002x-.003x before buying back the sold coins.
maxpowerzz92

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:19:54 PM

The Dark Quad-Screen !!

Moving on, a future project will serve as a substitute for the time being.

Here you have the new, and eeeeever so slightly improved, Darkcoin Quad-Screen. Enjoy!!

http://helpwithcoins.org

thanks, man. my new startpage

+1.  Thank you!

wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:23:05 PM

I struggle to even agree with you, in order not to pour gasoline on the fire. But, the sudden funds injection in the promotional video production (now apparently in a confused state; how to promote a product whose very name and message could be changed) coincides with the unusually strong troll attack on this board and coincides with this unexpected bombshell about name / brand change. Also this small provocation at https://github.com/dashcoin-dsh.

Vertoe's exit - for such a fragile, fledgling community - is a bad sign. No one but the inner circle knows how the others are feeling. Tao's behavior on Twitter created fractions among him and PR people, the Darkcoin Ambassadors are having heavy discussions among themselves <== ALL of which was absolutely not needed and ill timed. I am very, very curious what's going to happen next.

"Groups of creative people in situations like this often blow up."
maxpowerzz92

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:24:45 PM

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:25:44 PM

I miss vertoe TOO !! wtf are you on about manipulation ?! You think I'm happy we loose such talent??

You talk to Evan about vertoe, not me!  I personally sent pvt msg to vertoe to try an calm him down!! Dont go rattling thing up more than they are.

If anything, I'm a little ant and vertoe a huge general in the team. What you say is stupid and offensive.

His qhor pool was the very FIRST pool I mined in. The first DRK I got from. The first linux I learnt with. WTF are YOU implying ?

vertoe has been bitter for months now. I had ZERO to do with that. Why, I know very little about but truly understand his position. He only wants to swim in the deepweb, fine! Let him!

But he retaliated, and I'm not talking about selling coins here. Ok, lets be clear about this. Do you understand the implications of these actions?

No one EVER wanted to see him go. Specially not like this.

The Core Dev & Team is not broken at all. One such dev decided to leave, in a dirty way. Period.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:26:35 PM

I think you are reading into things too much. Vertoe was pro-Darkmarkets and something that wasn't never the core direction of the coin. Regardless of the rebrand outcome, Darkmarkets will use it if the technology proves viable--in which case, nothing has changed from that standpoint. It would have been only a matter of time before Vertoe left anyway. Further, you guys act like this is the first time he/she/it sold out. Vertoe sold a substantial amount of coins around the .008-.01 area before the drop down to .002x-.003x before buying back the sold coins.

I don`t really understand vertoes decision as I agree with you regarding Darkmarkets etc, but it got me thinking about key man risk (= how dependent is the project actually from Evan and what are the backup plans) and about the decision making structure (who actually "owns" the project and who decides what). The further DRK/Dash grows, the more important transparency on those questions will be.
As I did the german interview with vertoe last month, I really regret him leaving, as he seemed so reasonable and passioned. I makes me wonder why he seems not to have reconsidered his decision after the first anger has dissipated (as I hoped it would).
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:31:39 PM

Xposting from DCT:

I have one last thing to say, the main argument I have heard against Dash is that it is a bland name. I think the people that feel this way are completely missing the point. We should with go with DASH precisely because it is a bland name, so we can build a strong brand out of it. Name != Brand

The problem with Darkcoin as a name is precisely that it is too explicit the name suggests a meaning and detracts from the brand, when the project adds other aspects to it that are not the ones explicitly described by the name. Take important examples in crypto: Circle and Square. They can be developed into great brands in crypto because the names do not suggest any meaning so in the crypto context Circle and Square just acquire the ideals associated with those companies. I am sure if Evan came up with the name Triangle people would be going crazy.

Another good example is Apple, some people might say, but Apple is a huge company, again missing the point. When Apple was back at the garage and Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs decided to call their new company like the fruit, apple was not yet Apple. Meaning the ideals, you have learn to associate with that brand, great design, user friendliness, good quality, were not present back at the garage, it was just a "bland" name. This property of blandness allowed it to develop into a brand.

Also, the "blandness" of the name, I really see it as flexibility of the brand and it is very important. You have to be capable of abstract thinking and projecting yourself into the future, back when Steve Jobs named Apple, apple, he was only thinking about computers not iPods, iPhones or iPads. Fortunately, their brand is flexible enough. Back when Evan named Darkcoin, darkcoin, he was not thinking about InstantX, scalability or decentralized applications and services that is why we need to change, we need something more flexible as we don't know what will come later.

Same thing applies to Dash, if Circle and Square work, Dash can work too, and if we work very hard, one day people will associate, privacy, freedom, transparency, great technology, decentralization with our brand. Brands take time and hard work to develop, so instead of fighting about a perfectly good name, we should think of ways we can project ideals that reflect the true essence of our project into our new brand. Dash will be great, in time.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:34:01 PM

Otoh is legit member, he never FUDs, ask him on PM if you`re lucky he will respond you Smiley

sure, i know...point is that if you have 15%, otoh has plenty, then AdamWhite is demonstrably spreading FUD with his "90% owned by one person" claim.

of course it's fair to say there is some centralisation of masternodes - like there is with mining, but it's not so bad - there are plenty of folks (like me) with a handful of nodes providing the distributed goodness.

Ahhh I understood that Otoh spread FUD Cheesy Otoh come on, don`t FUD here Wink
Nooo I don`t have 15% I wish, but wrote that just to piss a bit AdamBlack Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
WestHarrison

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:39:01 PM

Xposting from DCT:

I have one last thing to say, the main argument I have heard against Dash is that it is a bland name. I think the people that feel this way are completely missing the point. We should with go with DASH precisely because it is a bland name, so we can build a strong brand out of it. Name != Brand

The problem with Darkcoin as a name is precisely that it is too explicit the name suggests a meaning and detracts from the brand, when the project adds other aspects to it that are not the ones explicitly described by the name. Take important examples in crypto: Circle and Square. They can be developed into great brands in crypto because the names do not suggest any meaning so in the crypto context Circle and Square just acquire the ideals associated with those companies. I am sure if Evan came up with the name Triangle people would be going crazy.

Another good example is Apple, some people might say, but Apple is a huge company, again missing the point. When Apple was back at the garage and Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs decided to call their new company like the fruit, apple was not yet Apple. Meaning the ideals, you have learn to associate with that brand, great design, user friendliness, good quality, were not present back at the garage, it was just a "bland" name. This property of blandness allowed it to develop into a brand.

Also, the "blandness" of the name, I really see it as flexibility of the brand and it is very important. You have to be capable of abstract thinking and projecting yourself into the future, back when Steve Jobs named Apple, apple, he was only thinking about computers not iPods, iPhones or iPads. Fortunately, their brand is flexible enough. Back when Evan named Darkcoin, darkcoin, he was not thinking about InstantX, scalability or decentralized applications and services that is why we need to change, we need something more flexible as we don't know what will come later.

Same thing applies to Dash, if Circle and Square work, Dash can work too, and if we work very hard, one day people will associate, privacy, freedom, transparency, great technology, decentralization with our brand. Brands take time and hard work to develop, so instead of fighting about a perfectly good name, we should think of ways we can project ideals that reflect the true essence of our project into our new brand. Dash will be great, in time.

Have to say, you really sold me on the idea. I get it now.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:40:06 PM

I don`t really understand vertoes decision as I agree with you regarding Darkmarkets etc, but it got me thinking about key man risk (= how dependent is the project actually from Evan and what are the backup plans) and about the decision making structure (who actually "owns" the project and who decides what). The further DRK/Dash grows, the more important transparency on those questions will be.
As I did the german interview with vertoe last month, I really regret him leaving, as he seemed so reasonable and passioned. I makes me wonder why he seems not to have reconsidered his decision after the first anger has dissipated (as I hoped it would).

Sincerely, me too. I dont use, but I do defend the darknet markets. Really, I do. They bring far better good than bad things.

But there is a clear line between subversion and libertarianism.

I can only justify subversion under subjugation and/or oppression. That did not happen here. Not trying to demonise him either. If he wants back I have my arms wide open!! But it is what it is guess...

There is no key man risk. At worse, slow down of development until someone stands-up to replace him. Or if he comes back. Evan owns this project, quite frankly. Until he give it up completely to the community. Those who dont like that, can go on github and fork the project and do with it what they please!

Thats the whole point.

Satoshi owned BTC until he disappeared. Gavin certainly doesn't own it, nor the Foundation.
pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:43:36 PM

Sincerely, me too. I dont use, but I do defend the darknet markets. Really, I do. They bring far better good than bad things.

I can only justify subversion under subjugation and/or oppression. That did not happen here. Not trying to demonise him either. If he wants back I have my arms wide open!! But it is what it is guess...

Tails= The Anemic Incognito Live System

Dash= Digtal Assest * *?
Dash= ****

Feel free to fill in the blanks... just brainstorming getting some juices flowing

GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:45:15 PM

Dash= Digtal Assest * *?
Dash= ****

Feel free to fill in the blanks... just brainstorming getting some juices flowing

Decentralised Anonymous Secured Humanity ?  Grin
Vinte6

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:46:27 PM

Dash= Digtal Assest * *?
Dash= ****

Decentralised Anonymous Secured Humanity ?  Grin

Can't it just be Digital cASH?
pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:46:35 PM

Dash= Digtal Assest * *?
Dash= ****

Decentralised Anonymous Secured Humanity ?  Grin
[/quote]

Decentralized Anonymous Secured Hashing?  Again just getting creative this is how brain storms work
Pages: « 1 ... 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 [4257] 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: