Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:38:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 [4304] 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:18:13 AM

Darcoin/DASH Official Troll and Fudster List

**Adam White**
**iCEBREAKER**

what goes around, comes around.

reserving replies for appropriate moments
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:27:26 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 01:44:29 AM by toknormal

Trusting 3rd parties defeats the point of Satoshi's proof of work breakthrough.

For someone who champions the principles of Satoshi in other themes, you sure appear deficient when it comes to understanding how those principles manifest in practice.

In case you hadn't noticed, every bitcoin node and wallet is run by a 3rd party. That's the whole point of the principle known as decentralisation.

Please read this post by the ex Darkcoin, now Nose-Out-of-JointCoin team member Vertoe:

i.e. what he's pointing out there is that masternodes are the one-and-the-same wallet that every DASH holder runs on a day to day basis for accessing their funds. There is no separate application, no separate "3rd party". The network IS the masternodes.

The dual layer aspect of it is implemented by way of disparate functional wallet roles not disparate owners. That's the beauty of this design.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=939072.msg10344491#msg10344491
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 01:39:21 AM

why you dont rename to DAM - ( something to save liquidity)
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 01:48:13 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 01:59:24 AM by ArticMine

Sad to see a hero member letting his emotions get the best of him and to sink to that low level of trolling/spamming.

LoL ! Hey, we've got off lightly Wink ......https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=941331.msg10551132#msg10551132

Very good find.

He is dead wrong on the 20 MB blocksize limit in XBT. The 1 MB blocksize limit is a very serious flaw in XBT that has concerned me for a very long time, since it limits the number of transactions to a point that makes any scaling of XBT impossible. It is to the best of my knowledge a very serious flaw that DRK has also inherited from XBT. By the way I have an unlimited data plan with my Internet provider that allows me to host a full XBT node, a full NMC node and a full XMR node.

Sad to see a hero member letting his emotions get the best of him and to sink to that low level of trolling/spamming.

Although the amount of misfortune one can take before exhibiting notable symptoms is highly individual, I hope you haven't lost everything while chasing unsuccessful altcoins. In anticipation of the forthcoming crypto revolution, you're still likely better off than 80% of the world's population, so cheer up, and try to think positive thoughts.

He had two choices : list the advantages of Monero over DASH/Darkcoin or fud/troll DASH/Darkcoin, seems that the latter is easier to do.

Well here is the critical advantage that XMR has over both XBT and DRK. XMR does not have a fixed blocksize limit! It is the reason I found out about XMR in the first place and the primary reason why I invested in XMR and why I am a very strong supporter of XMR.

The irony of it all. This is after all a DRK thread.

Edit: I have been concerned about the 1 MB blocksize limit in XBT long before XMR or DRK even existed.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 01:52:42 AM

EVERY BITCOIN NODE AND WALLET is run by a 3rd party.

That is so wrong it's laughable.   Grin

Why would Szatoshi Nickamoto use TTPs in Bitcoin when he wrote an entire paper analyzing their various weaknesses?

My node and wallet ARE NOT run by a 3rd party.  I can independently validate firsthand from genesis block to present the entire chain.

I don't need 2000 Bitcoins stuck in a Ponzi scheme to be a full participant in the network, and Proof of Work obviates my need to trust other participants.

The network IS the masternodes.

And masternodes are security holes, because they cannot provide proof of work or be trusted.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 01:55:27 AM

And masternodes are security holes, because they cannot provide proof of work or be trusted.

neither can you according to your trust rating  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Here are a few:

raskul 0: -0 / +2(2)   2014-12-08   6.00000000   Reference   a vile self-concieted forum bully who takes no second thought about the losses which people have incurred due to the fraudulent businesses he has been continually promoting.

Bicknellski 35: -4 / +19(19)   2014-10-17   0.00000000   Reference   Uses lies to coverup XCN instamining. "Satoshi instamined Bitcoin BTW" and so on, obviously not a trustworthy person.

pmorici 1: -0 / +1(1)   2013-12-30   136.00000000      Involved with Hashfast which fraudulently advertised shipping dates for ASIC mining hardware refuses to refund customers. Are over 2 months late from advertised shipping date.

VolanicEruptor 0: -0 / +0(0)   2013-09-08   10.00000000      User ripped me off for 10BTC, and from what I've heard this isn't the first time! TRADE WITH CAUTION!
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:07:24 AM

it's weird I thought my Masternodes were linux servers that harvest a nice DASH crop every few days.  Now I find out actually they are houses falling off cliffs? I had no idea, thanks Icebreaker!!  Kiss

PS how's the Bitcoin fork and 60 minute wait times working out for ya?

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:09:56 AM

My node and wallet ARE NOT run by a 3rd party.

Neither is mine, and it's a masternode.

Your trying to wiggle out of the B.S. you've been posting here all night by trying to claim that masternodes are "trusted Third Parties".

Download for a regular DASH wallet:

https://www.darkcoin.io/binaries/darkcoin-0.11.1.25-linux.tar.gz

Download for a Masternode:

https://www.darkcoin.io/binaries/darkcoin-0.11.1.25-linux.tar.gz

One and the same. No more "TTP" than Bitcoin change addresses except a f*ck of a lot more valuable as a monetary property.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 02:14:50 AM

OUTRAGEOUS LIES

Piss off NOOB, I never took BTC from or otherwise did business with any of those people.  They are abusing the trust system to indulge their personal grudges.  And you are helping them, just because I dared to question the magnificence of your precious digital trash.

I have 100% positive feedback from people I've actually had dealings with:

Thanks again iCEBREAKER

Re: List of honest traders.

Back on topic:

There is little doubt that there is a concerted effort by one or a small number of DRK whales to support the price at 0.01. The question that comes to mind is why? The support for DRK is actually in the 0.005 to 0.006 range. This is apparent from the charts, particularly the daily chart. So the question then becomes will DRK get hurt badly if it drops to 0.005 - 0.006 where it has been for over three months? A drop to this range world put DRK at about a 7-8 Million USD capitalization. It is here where XMR, and in particular the emission rate of XMR, comes into the picture. If XMR were to reach a level of say twice its current price, say 0.0044, this would put the capitalization of XMR above 8 million USD and more importantly above that of DRK effectively negating the one advantage that DRK currently has over XMR, namely the first mover advantage. There are many scenarios where this can happen particularly if DRK were to continue on its bear market.

My take is that a crossover between the capitalizations of DRK and XMR would likely accelerate the drop of DRK and the rise of XMR and this is the fear of many a DRK holder that leads them to attempt to support DRK at 0.01. This should also be of concern to a anyone looking at acquiring a significant position in XMR. The situation is very different from last summer because of the XMR emission.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 02:20:49 AM

OUTRAGEOUS LIES

Piss off NOOB, I never took BTC from or otherwise did business with any of those people.  They are abusing the trust system to indulge their personal grudges.  And you are helping them, just because I dared to question the magnificence of your precious digital trash.

I have 100% positive feedback from people I've actually had dealings with:

Thanks again iCEBREAKER

Back on topic:

There is little doubt that there is a concerted effort by one or a small number of DRK whales to support the price at 0.01. The question that comes to mind is why? The support for DRK is actually in the 0.005 to 0.006 range. This is apparent from the charts, particularly the daily chart. So the question then becomes will DRK get hurt badly if it drops to 0.005 - 0.006 where it has been for over three months? A drop to this range world put DRK at about a 7-8 Million USD capitalization. It is here where XMR, and in particular the emission rate of XMR, comes into the picture. If XMR were to reach a level of say twice its current price, say 0.0044, this would put the capitalization of XMR above 8 million USD and more importantly above that of DRK effectively negating the one advantage that DRK currently has over XMR, namely the first mover advantage. There are many scenarios where this can happen particularly if DRK were to continue on its bear market.

My take is that a crossover between the capitalizations of DRK and XMR would likely accelerate the drop of DRK and the rise of XMR and this is the fear of many a DRK holder that leads them to attempt to support DRK at 0.01. This should also be of concern to a anyone looking at acquiring a significant position in XMR. The situation is very different from last summer because of the XMR emission.

XMR bag holder would say something like that.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 02:25:01 AM

XMR bag holder would say something like that.

The market is speaking, and shooting the messenger won't change what it's saying:

Below a visual representation of the whale(s) artificially keeping DRK above 0.01 using the OBV (On Balance Volume) indicator on the 12h charts of Cryptsy and Bitfinex

Bitfinex

Cryptsy

On Bitfinex the OBV levels are even lower than at the low of 0.005488, on Cryptsy the OBV levels are the same as around the ~0.007 levels

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:33:15 AM

It is here where XMR, and in particular the emission
rate of XMR, comes into the picture. If XMR were to reach a level of say twice its current price, say 0.0044, this would put the capitalization of XMR above 8 million USD

Except the Monero dev team are a lazy feet-up-on-the-couch crowd who can be bothered writing about 5 lines of code a month.

The only reason I'm a holder (from the cryptonote exchange days) is because I can't get a mac wallet to fire my remaining XMR off after nearly a year. (Thats because they've got "so much to do" that they've delegated it to 3rd parties  Roll Eyes ).

Monero is an interesting experiment but a dead duck as as currency. If you've ever had the pleasure to interact with any of their staff on bitcointalk you'll get the overwhelming understanding that it's about as serious as a school electronics project.

Monero is:

5% coding and doing anything useful
20% web development attempting to convince people that it's doing anything useful
70% smooth and fluffypony blabbering nonsense on bitcointalk about how 'cryptography' is the solution to everything
5% looking for people with letters after their name to rubberstamp the project
Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:45:23 AM

The 1 MB blocksize limit is a very serious flaw in XBT that has concerned me for a very long time, since it limits the number of transactions to a point that makes any scaling of XBT impossible. It is to the best of my knowledge a very serious flaw that DRK has also inherited from XBT.

"Today the Bitcoin network is restricted to a sustained rate of 7tps due to the bitcoin protocol restricting block sizes to 1MB. "
(By comparison, VISA's average is 2000tps and PayPal is 115tps)
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability

Assuming Darkcoin's maximum transaction size is limited to 1MB like Bitcoin (can someone confirm this?), and given that Darkcoin's block time is only 1/4 of Bitcoin's, then we can guess the theoretical maximum number of transactions per second for Darkcoin is around 28 just from its POW.

Now with IX transaction-locking, I believe there now exists a "buffering" capability that allows for infinitely more transactions per second over and above the PoW's hard limit.

I would ask the devs to chime in on this, but I'm pretty sure the answer would be "Just wait for the podcast" Grin
whocares

Activity: 160

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:55:13 AM

Monero is:

20% web development attempting to convince people that it's doing anything useful
70% smooth and fluffypony blabbering nonsense on bitcointalk about how 'cryptography' is the solution to everything

You explained perfectly their project schedule..

Their project members wasting more time for trolling here than just do some work and accomplish simple task like to create an official GUI wallet..
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:00:23 AM

Except the Monero dev team are a lazy feet-up-on-the-couch crowd who can be bothered writing about 5 lines of code a month.

The only reason I'm a holder (from the cryptonote exchange days) is because I can't get a mac wallet to fire my remaining XMR off after nearly a year. (Thats because they've got "so much to do" that they've delegated it to 3rd parties  Roll Eyes ).

Monero is an interesting experiment but a dead duck as as currency. If you've ever had the pleasure to interact with any of their staff on bitcointalk you'll get the overwhelming understanding that it's about as serious as a school electronics project.

Monero is:

Even if any of this were true which is not the case, the simple reality is that the current technical picture for DRK/XBT is not pretty at all. My take is that there there is a significant chance that DRK can break 0.01 on the downside, and could go as low as 0.005. If this were to happen then this alone can cause XMR to reach 0.04 or higher. Please make an honest assessment of the charts on your own, and do not trust anything I say.

This has nothing to do with my personal XMR holdings or the XMR devs. It is all about DRK. There were many in the XMR community who were caught of guard while waiting to pick up cheap XMR only to get side-swiped by the market action that followed the DRK re-branding. Their mistake was to ignore what is happening over here.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:10:25 AM

You know I keep hearing trolls saying "there are so many unhappy bagholders" etc...  But I don't see anyone I recognize saying such, only strange new names I haven't seen before. 

When you trolls aren't here, we have such nice conversations, interesting ideas batted about and help each other out when someone needs help.  I really wish you all would go back under your bridges so we can get on to having some nice communication again.

If the rest of you can, please put them on ignore, or at least don't quote them.  Then some of us can stop getting distracted Wink  Thanks so much!

So because Gavin Anderson of Bitcoin fame remarked that he feels Bitcoin's block chain is going to have to start accepting up to 20mb block entries, as he sees it being required for future growth and expanding the ability of Bitcoin to process more than 7 transactions a second.

Because of this announcement, Evan started thinking about this as well.  So he posted:

"After giving it some thought, I came up with a scalable architecture that supports billions of transactions per day.

Specifications of this strategy:
•The blockchain will automatically become much more anonymous than Bitcoin is.
•Fees per transaction will be very, very low. Let the micro-payment revolution begin.
•Zero-centralization
•Scalable to billions of transactions per day
•Requires a 2-tier network
•Very low blockchain bloat

I make no promises about this idea working though, I’m very early in the research stages, but it does look quite promising. If it works, it means we have solved the ultimate problem with Bitcoin and have made this technology accessible to the whole world. This strategy is just too good to let sit for very long and I need to do some exploratory coding to prove it works."

Obviously he is planning on using the Masternode network.

So how do you think he'll achieve this?  Especially, how will blockchain bloat be controlled?  Do you think it'll be done with side chains?  I'd love to hear your theories Cheesy !!!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:15:14 AM

Otoh's wall getting eaten again.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:18:09 AM

I'm sorry everyone, here I go break my own request but....

What part of TRUSTLESS NETWORK do you not understand?  If you honestly don't get this, why are you here?  You should be BANKING silly!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:22:15 AM

The 1 MB blocksize limit is a very serious flaw in XBT that has concerned me for a very long time, since it limits the number of transactions to a point that makes any scaling of XBT impossible. It is to the best of my knowledge a very serious flaw that DRK has also inherited from XBT.

"Today the Bitcoin network is restricted to a sustained rate of 7tps due to the bitcoin protocol restricting block sizes to 1MB. "
(By comparison, VISA's average is 2000tps and PayPal is 115tps)
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability

Assuming Darkcoin's maximum transaction size is limited to 1MB like Bitcoin (can someone confirm this?), and given that Darkcoin's block time is only 1/4 of Bitcoin's, then we can guess the theoretical maximum number of transactions per second for Darkcoin is around 28 just from its POW.

Now with IX transaction-locking, I believe there now exists a "buffering" capability that allows for infinitely more transactions per second over and above the PoW's hard limit.

I would ask the devs to chime in on this, but I'm pretty sure the answer would be "Just wait for the podcast" Grin

!!! UNOFFICIAL STATEMENT !!!

Not sure if you folks are just not reading between the lines or what but Evan is about to ANN the scalability of DASH "issue" has been solved.

Thing is - if the XBT people hear about it - and they will - they'll copy it and fork XBT
Will we get credit - who knows..... who cares -

!!! UNOFFICIAL STATEMENT !!!

I for one will be very interested in what he has to say and I am not at this point a DRK holder.

hashmoon

Activity: 177

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:22:36 AM

Otoh's wall getting eaten again.

its still there..
now people can see. tok is right;

monero = 5 % coding +  95% fudtrolling
Pages: « 1 ... 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 [4304] 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: