Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:10:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 [4706] 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 11:29:13 AM

[deflection from issue of centralized Reference Node]

Do you have any idea how to decentralize the Reference Node?

No?  Neither does Evan Dashfield.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NocturnalDemon

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:35:08 AM

[deflection from issue of centralized Reference Node]

Do you have any idea how to decentralize the Reference Node?

No?  Neither does Evan Dashfield.
Still crying like a little bitch huh? Sad life you must be living.
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:50:18 AM

If you flip everything icey has said about DASH, members and developers of this community, almost reads like a confessional for himself if you've done some research on his background.

Exhibit A. His signature block, sais it all......about himself.

Not unusual for this sort of troll, they are really telling you more about them selves than anything else.

And agree, a clown to boot, excuse me while i play some entrance of the gladiators for some mood music if our friend is going to be spamming this evening.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5Sa2Yq-2g

Very true.

Isn't it interesting, people lose money on bad investments then make their way to Crypto's biggest success story to drag everyone down into the abyss with them...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:43:06 PM

iCESHITTER you'd have to be one of the most pedantic, pathetic and oh-so-lame embarrassments to trolling yet.

I don't normally speak like this but for you I'm going to make an exception.

Can you do everyone a favour and just like STICK YOUR FUCKING STUPID HEAD UP A DEAD BEARS BUM UNTIL YOU CAN'T BREATH ANYMORE!

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 12:52:00 PM

Trolls are back! Great  Cheesy

This was getting a little boring...

For the newcomers, important information can be found here:

https://dashtalk.org/

and the actual work being done can be found here:

https://github.com/dashpay/dash/commits/v0.12.0.x

Yes, real work unlike some others not-to-be-named coins... you know who you are  Kiss

Pansyfaust

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:12:10 PM

So the open Otoh pump finally over?  Tongue
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 01:38:52 PM

So the open Otoh pump finally over?  Tongue

you will never know ... he is lurking behind bushes waiting for noobs to dump him more coins Wink

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:40:47 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 01:59:28 PM by Minotaur26

A little perspective and Dash project update

It is easy to get caught in market sentiment, being part of the community for a long time I have experienced this many times and I am now a lot less prone to let emotions drive me. It works more or less like this, the market or price is going up, everything feels great, the market or price is going down, it feels bad.

Reality is this sort of emotion governs only short term price fluctuations and have little to do with the fundamentals of the project. This applies not only to Dash but to other coins too. Now like I said the fundamentals are separate and they govern the long term prospects of a project so they act on a completely different time frame.

There are people that know how to ride short term price fluctuations, those are day traders, I suck at day trading. So I invest long term and I have found a home in Dash. I also don't like leaving things entirely to chance so I normally work on the things I invest on, that is how I became a volunteer for Dash.

I think my main reason for being involved in Dash is the team of people working on it. It is a truly great group of volunteers, very high level people on their own fields.  We have lawyers, business developers, artists, project managers, software developers, investors etc, giving their time and energy to this project. All very honest and hard working people. I truly believe out of the confluence of so many great individuals something great will come out. I think I selfishly like to surround myself with people smarter and better than me.

A lot of the interaction of the development team and the active volunteers does not occur in an open discussion forum like this one, as there are tools for collaboration that we use that are better for that purpose, like Jira, Slack, Confluence, Asana, etc.  So I thought people should know there are a lot of people hard at work.

I don't know how many people know this but we have 7 software developers working directly with the team, in different areas, and then a few external contributors that are doing independent contributions. Besides this there is a group of active volunteers that tackle non development areas.

Right now,  I think the coolest things, that will come out next, are our mobile wallets with Darksend and InstantX support. These are key to our vision of making crypto more practical, usable and safe for humanity.  Having the ability to do instant private payments from your mobile devices is key to that vision, where you can actually use crypto to quickly settle face to face transactions with others without the need of a counter party. So the mobile wallets are an important milestone for us, specially with InstantX support.

We are also working on other things that are important to bring this technology to a broader audience.  

- We are working on an animated promotional video.
- We will be launching new official websites in Chinese Mandarin and Russian soon.
- We are working on new partnerships to get Dash integrated to new crypto services.

There are other internal things happening like working on formal workflow processes and flowcharts for release management, quality control, communication etc. For this we have some certified project managers on the team that are helping.

We are trying to communicate more effectively so please share this with the community so we are all informed.  I am sure an official road map would come out soon as time permits, but in the meantime I just wanted to share a little bit of what we are working on at the moment.

Dash on.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:50:44 PM

Dash is not "undefined" and Evan does have huge plans.

As vertoe says, Dash is competition for Paypal, not Bitcoin.

The market doesn't like this plan, so the price of Dash will tend toward zero.

It's a bad idea to invest in a coin with a permanent centralized point of 3rd party failure, AKA Reference Node.

God, scraping for any last microscopically plausible arguments heh  Huh ? How sad... Now, the reference node is the source of all evil... wow ...
 Remember when you were bitching about how Darsend was closed source and how evil Evan was because of it, you ding-dong? Then what happened? Ah...

It's called "necessary development roadmap" - the spork - which is exactly what permits this currency to innovate so damn fast and with such monumental leaps in technology. And it has zero power to subvert the protocol. It is not permanent at all, as it was Dasrksend being closed-source was never a permanent deal.

What vertoe says has zero value, given the unethical manner in which he left. Angry, in tantrum with retaliatory actions. Talented as he may be, his has lost absolutely any credit and credibility in his say about Dash. Only trolls find legitimacy because it serves your purpose.

vertoe only came back and dished dirt because toknormal was talking shit.  You say "unethical tantrums."  I say whistle-blowing.

otherwise she left with a (disappointing) minimum of drama.  'So long and thanks for all the fish' is an amicable way to part, especially in altcoin land.

I get that the 100% completely centralized MasterMasterNode is in theory "not permanent."  My beef is that it decentralizing it was characterized as a "not impossible" task, despite no demonstrated propensity for such an event to ever occur.

We all know the Reference Node is here to stay.  It's not going away, so you must spin that fact as A Good Thing.

That's fine, but please don't insult us by spinning tales of unicorns and decentralized MasterMasterNodes.

See, despite being a know troll, this sort of post is almost a fruitful discussion, that I why I am quoting.

you DO present valid arguments, so I will respond without troll-pesticide.

First of all, quit talking about vertoe if you don't know that facts. There was zero whistle-blowing, whatever vertoe says is purely 100% his own opinon. There is absolutely no hard evidence, only speculation, coming from a MAN (not a woman) who became disenamoured (to say the least) with this project. Again, provide fact, not conjecture.

How can you say its impossible, when Evan has been nailing all impossibilites one by one? The reference node is not here to stay, but there has NEVER been a schedule for it to disappear. It a fabulous tool that does NOT WORK like you suggest. It is NOT a central point of failure. If that node goes down, the network does not go down, only the impossibility to spork back in case of a client update and subsequent network fork. So please do stop the FUD.

There is no "demonstrated propensities of such an event to occur" - quite simply because there are bigger fish to fry. Period. Since the reference node causes absolutely no risk to the network in case of failure (except at the time of a major update) - I can only classify your drama as FUD.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:08:09 PM

alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:30:44 PM

We are trying to communicate more effectively so please share this with the community so we are all informed.  I am sure an official road map would come out soon as time permits, but in the meantime I just wanted to share a little bit of what we are working on at the moment.

Great to hear!

I would like to welcome everybody who feel unhappy about price - stop looking at it and stop wasting your time chatting at forums. You may spend your time for many useful things than may help DASH (and so it's price also Wink ).

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:39:27 PM

A little perspective and Dash project update

It is easy to get caught in market sentiment, being part of the community for a long time I have experienced this many times and I am now a lot less prone to let emotions drive me. It works more or less like this, the market or price is going up, everything feels great, the market or price is going down, it feels bad.

Reality is this sort of emotion governs only short term price fluctuations and have little to do with the fundamentals of the project. This applies not only to Dash but to other coins too. Now like I said the fundamentals are separate and they govern the long term prospects of a project so they act on a completely different time frame.

There are people that know how to ride short term price fluctuations, those are day traders, I suck at day trading. So I invest long term and I have found a home in Dash. I also don't like leaving things entirely to chance so I normally work on the things I invest on, that is how I became a volunteer for Dash.

I think my main reason for being involved in Dash is the team of people working on it. It is a truly great group of volunteers, very high level people on their own fields.  We have lawyers, business developers, artists, project managers, software developers, investors etc, giving their time and energy to this project. All very honest and hard working people. I truly believe out of the confluence of so many great individuals something great will come out. I think I selfishly like to surround myself with people smarter and better than me.

A lot of the interaction of the development team and the active volunteers does not occur in an open discussion forum like this one, as there are tools for collaboration that we use that are better for that purpose, like Jira, Slack, Confluence, Asana, etc.  So I thought people should know there are a lot of people hard at work.

I don't know how many people know this but we have 7 software developers working directly with the team, in different areas, and then a few external contributors that are doing independent contributions. Besides this there is a group of active volunteers that tackle non development areas.

Right now,  I think the coolest things, that will come out next, are our mobile wallets with Darksend and InstantX support. These are key to our vision of making crypto more practical, usable and safe for humanity.  Having the ability to do instant private payments from your mobile devices is key to that vision, where you can actually use crypto to quickly settle face to face transactions with others without the need of a counter party. So the mobile wallets are an important milestone for us, specially with InstantX support.

We are also working on other things that are important to bring this technology to a broader audience.  

- We are working on an animated promotional video.
- We will be launching new official websites in Chinese Mandarin and Russian soon.
- We are working on new partnerships to get Dash integrated to new crypto services.

There are other internal things happening like working on formal workflow processes and flowcharts for release management, quality control, communication etc. For this we have some certified project managers on the team that are helping.

Dash on.

This! Dash on indeed  Grin

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 03:05:04 PM

Lol Adam is still here ? Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:07:03 PM

A reminder to everyone who actually likes to make conclusions for themselves, take a peek at www.dashtalk.org - where all good debating takes place.
Greede

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:10:41 PM

i dont think so, you can check the open source
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:15:24 PM

A reminder to everyone who actually likes to make conclusions for themselves, take a peek at www.dashtalk.org - where all good debating takes place.

Good debating? More like where you can conveniently delete all truthful posts like the ones below Roll Eyes

"NO PREMINE" then he instamines 575,000 coins in the first hour, and 2+ million in the first 48 hours.

"GhostPlayer" and his instamine fraud buddies have enough koolaid for everyone. Will you drink it?

Greede

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:24:11 PM

does the dev comment on the instamine picture?
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:30:25 PM

Dear tag team of little muppets everyone here knows there was an instamine. And it all worked out ok. Coins were sold for peanuts, etc.etc. Wish I'd been there yaddayadda..

http://en.wiki.dashninja.pl/wiki/FAQ#Was_Darkcoin_Instamined.3F
Greede

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:30:30 PM

Good debating? More like where you can conveniently delete all truthful posts like the ones below Roll Eyes

https://i.imgur.com/JTDQSXU.png

"NO PREMINE" then he instamines 575,000 coins in the first hour, and 2+ million in the first 48 hours.

"GhostPlayer" and his instamine fraud buddies have enough koolaid for everyone. Will you drink it?

https://i.imgur.com/dSe9cRz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4I6EBtf.png

from a investment standpoint this looks like unfair distribution, only the guys who knew to mine dash in the begging benefit
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:35:16 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 4672 4673 4674 4675 4676 4677 4678 4679 4680 4681 4682 4683 4684 4685 4686 4687 4688 4689 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 [4706] 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: