Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 4834 4835 4836 4837 4838 4839 4840 4841 4842 4843 4844 4845 4846 4847 4848 4849 4850 4851 4852 4853 4854 4855 4856 4857 4858 [4859] 4860 4861 4862 4863 4864 4865 4866 4867 4868 4869 4870 4871 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:06:54 PM

I traveled for about a week only to see BitShares, Stellar and Dogecoin all (significantly) surpassing (in market cap) this sadly mis-branded coin of ours. Would someone bother to kindly summarize what has happened with BTS, STR and DOGE, why such a big spike in prices?

To me it is hard to understand too. I think it was Minotaur who said that it was a Chinese pump and that most volume was over there. Really weird.

It is specifically a BTC38 pump with nearly 80% of the volume since the beginning of the pump, for those three assets  STR, BTS and DOGE there was no fundamental change. Ask yourself why exclusively BTC38 as a common denominator and not other exchanges? They must be in on it.

This has nothing to do with Dash, it has preserved its price range, it is actually quite impressive the stability Dash shows,  this has happened at different stages like when when we where at the 600K satoshis range. We just need to keep working like Evan is doing.

It is hard to say what will happen, but honestly with these pumps if you are not part of it from the beginning you should stay out, if not you are the one giving liquidity for others to exit.

Thank you guys. I personally could not care less for any of these coins - I have 100% of my crypto assets in the most idiotically mis-branded asset in the history of the world (f.k.a. the best fucking name ever, Darkcoin), a grave mistake that does not let me sleep for I fear it might kill the best technology in this space.

Yes, the world is that stupid and I am a part of that stupidity as well.

Smiley
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 05:31:02 PM

I traveled for about a week only to see BitShares, Stellar and Dogecoin all (significantly) surpassing (in market cap) this sadly mis-branded coin of ours. Would someone bother to kindly summarize what has happened with BTS, STR and DOGE, why such a big spike in prices?

To me it is hard to understand too. I think it was Minotaur who said that it was a Chinese pump and that most volume was over there. Really weird.

It is specifically a BTC38 pump with nearly 80% of the volume since the beginning of the pump, for those three assets  STR, BTS and DOGE there was no fundamental change. Ask yourself why exclusively BTC38 as a common denominator and not other exchanges? They must be in on it.

This has nothing to do with Dash, it has preserved its price range, it is actually quite impressive the stability Dash shows,  this has happened at different stages like when when we where at the 600K satoshis range. We just need to keep working like Evan is doing.

It is hard to say what will happen, but honestly with these pumps if you are not part of it from the beginning you should stay out, if not you are the one giving liquidity for others to exit.

Thank you guys. I personally could not care less for any of these coins - I have 100% of my crypto assets in the most idiotically mis-branded asset in the history of the world (f.k.a. the best fucking name ever, Darkcoin), a grave mistake that does not let me sleep for I fear it might kill the best technology in this space.

Smiley
I am a huge part of that stupidity as well. Ever since the name change I have been able to speak with the other retards on Twitter much easier. Our asinine name has opened the door for more misguided marketing attempts than our previous perfect moniker.

When this idiocy came about, I was happier than a pig in shit. I still have a crazy smile on my face, and I will keep having it when our tech led by its ludicrous name slowly starts to become a dominant means of exchange for all of the simpletons everywhere.  Cheesy

Cheers,

Tao

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 05:33:46 PM

Most of the transactions are CNY - someone please explain how that is possible - I thought there was a big crackdown on fiat / crypto use in China?

"All Financial Hell Is About To Break Loose":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=336&v=Df__r8uhPcg
Thanks, I enjoyed that.

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:38:59 PM

some fun,this was shot in one take with no special effects but took many trys over weeks to get it just right  Cool
https://youtu.be/nHlJODYBLKs

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 05:57:24 PM

eddu live on Barcelona bitcoin meetup. Very interesting, thanks

We want a video ;-)

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:14:46 PM

It is specifically a BTC38 pump with nearly 80% of the volume since the beginning of the pump, for those three assets  STR, BTS and DOGE there was no fundamental change. Ask yourself why exclusively BTC38 as a common denominator and not other exchanges? They must be in on it.

This has nothing to do with Dash, it has preserved its price range, it is actually quite impressive the stability Dash shows,  this has happened at different stages like when when we where at the 600K satoshis range. We just need to keep working like Evan is doing.

Smiley

/facepalm
wozzek23

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:54:48 PM

Smiley
I am a huge part of that stupidity as well. Ever since the name change I have been able to speak with the other retards on Twitter much easier. Our asinine name has opened the door for more misguided marketing attempts than our previous perfect moniker.

When this idiocy came about, I was happier than a pig in shit. I still have a crazy smile on my face, and I will keep having it when our tech led by its ludicrous name slowly starts to become a dominant means of exchange for all of the simpletons everywhere.  Cheesy

Cheers,

Tao

Very good, so this thingy (name) is aimed at the idiots and simpletons. (I get the irony, but simpletons who are the target of the detergent name might not)

Now I wonder, who of all these simpletons (in brokerage houses, big retailers, all of which "might adopt Dash for Darkcoin was ah so dark and so dangerous and so fill in the blanks once the name is changed" for it was the main mantra leading to the said change) have actually adopted it and are now accepting it? The name change had happened on March 12th I think, two and a half months ago.

The advocated for the name change MUST, IMHO, show who, among those that previously were rejecting Darkcoin, ONLY because of its name, had accepted DASH since the name has changed. Otherwise, their argument was a shitty one as it was a shitty one when it was a leading force behind the change.

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:12:27 PM

snip

Very good, so this thingy (name) is aimed at the idiots and simpletons. (I get the irony, but simpletons who are the target of the detergent name might not)

Now I wonder, who of all these simpletons (in brokerage houses, big retailers, all of which "might adopt Dash for Darkcoin was ah so dark and so dangerous and so fill in the blanks once the name is changed" for it was the main mantra leading to the said change) have actually adopted it and are now accepting it? The name change had happened on March 12th I think, two and a half months ago.

The advocated for the name change MUST, IMHO, show who, among those that previously were rejecting Darkcoin, ONLY because of its name, had accepted DASH since the name has changed. Otherwise, their argument was a shitty one as it was a shitty one when it was a leading force behind the change.

Categorically disagree. There's a wide range between outright rejection and complete acceptance.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
wozzek23

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:41:05 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2015, 08:43:53 PM by wozzek23

snip

Categorically disagree. There's a wide range between outright rejection and complete acceptance.

Agreed.

As long as Scarlett Johansson is not fucking me I'm in the wide range between her outright rejection and her complete acceptance. (in my own deranged mind; and even if we move on from our dear Scarlett fantasies to my next door neighbor, "no" usually really means no, even though it all depends on the meaning of the word "no")

I mean, fucking fuck - who is accepting Dash after the name has changed, among those that were not going to accept Darkcoin SOLELY because of its name?? None thus far. Therefore, the name argument was the shitty one as much as the current name is the shitty one - and as such - a very dangerous for its future.
busterzzz

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:08:31 PM

Life
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-29/silk-road-mastermind-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-drug-bazaar

*Live Coverage by World Crypto Network
https://plus.google.com/u/0/hangouts/onair/watch?hid=hoaevent/cdkhevn2jgj48voj3ojri5ro09k&ytl=5fTE8O86BP8&wpsrc=yta

*edit typo
Sub-Ether

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:39:57 PM

Looks like there were 2 meetings this week in Barcelona,
http://bitcoinagile.com/2BDB86/new-frontier-of-bitcoin-cybercrime-explored-at-barcelona-event_stream

''Haslhofer, who presented findings from the Bitcrime project, suggested that there were several methods available to "deanonymise" users of bitcoin, a subject that has been hotly debated by the cryptocurrency's community.''

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Sub-Ether

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:19:48 PM

Hasn't Evan and the team already done this?

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20618/blockstream-starts-development-lightning-network/
 “The key revelation of the paper is that we can have a network of arbitrarily complicated transactions, such that they aren’t on the blockchain (and thus are fast, cheap and extremely scalable), but at every point are ready to be dropped onto the blockchain for resolution if there’s a problem,” he said. “This is genuinely revolutionary.”

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:24:27 PM

Agreed.

As long as Scarlett Johansson is not fucking me I'm in the wide range between her outright rejection and her complete acceptance. (in my own deranged mind;

LMFAO !

bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 09:32:14 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2015, 02:48:39 AM by bigrcanada

snip

Agreed.

As long as Scarlett Johansson is not fucking me I'm in the wide range between her outright rejection and her complete acceptance. (in my own deranged mind; and even if we move on from our dear Scarlett fantasies to my next door neighbor, "no" usually really means no, even though it all depends on the meaning of the word "no")

I mean, fucking fuck - who is accepting Dash after the name has changed, among those that were not going to accept Darkcoin SOLELY because of its name?? None thus far. Therefore, the name argument was the shitty one as much as the current name is the shitty one - and as such - a very dangerous for its future.

Wozzek23 I have to respectfully disagree with your view. And I say this respectfully.  Prior to this name change...NOT A SINGLE member of our chamber of commerce and rotary club was even remotely interested in even hearing about a money medium called called Darkcoin...NOT ONE....since the name change...I have 3 brick in mortar business in our area ready to take on both Dash and BTC once we get a package to them on how it all works(people, unlike us do not want to read forums and nerd out figuring out how to download a wallet etc etc, they want it to be as easy as debt/credit card for setup).  This has taken a vast amount of work from myself and others.  Unless our target demographic is "head" shops and comic book stores or fringe type business like maybe sex shops or something...there would be no chance of adoption by mainstream brick and mortar business.

Dash maybe associated in the US to a soap brand...but no where else have I've ever heard of it till I saw that reference made here...in this forum.

Not saying this was the BEST choice....but from a business owner and someone on the front lines of trying to get this mainstream....the name Darkcoin was and IS a dead horse.  I'm on the record over a year and a half ago saying this...and finally the core Dev's got the closed door I got when talking about this.  I think there has been alot of banter about this...but this dialogue does not help our cause. I hope you can respect People such as myself self have spent thousands of dollars or more out of our own pockets to help promote this forward.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:40:54 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2015, 04:59:02 PM by toknormal

My jaw is on the floor.

Looks like Ross Ulbricht is the new Nelson Mandela. All we need now is a new Jerry Dammer to start the 30 year campaign to get him out.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:44:43 PM

Hasn't Evan and the team already done this?

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20618/blockstream-starts-development-lightning-network/
 “The key revelation of the paper is that we can have a network of arbitrarily complicated transactions, such that they aren’t on the blockchain (and thus are fast, cheap and extremely scalable), but at every point are ready to be dropped onto the blockchain for resolution if there’s a problem,” he said. “This is genuinely revolutionary.”

Not at all. Evan did a decentralized 2nd tier network. BTC's lightning network is utterly centralized.
Sub-Ether

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:35:16 PM

My jaw is on the floor.
Looks like Ross Ulbricht is the new Nelson Mandela. All we need now is a new Bob Marley to start the 30 year campaign to get him out.

I don't remember Ross Ulbricht illegally drone bombing entire countries on a daily basis,stealing the worlds fiat savings via Libor/HFT(AKA the Fed/Wall street), couping over 60 countries(most democratically elected), irradiating Iraq with millions of years of fallout from over 1 million DU shells causing thousands of deformed births, forced vaccines that don't work and cause autism, forced Monsanto seeds onto farmers or pumping the fossil water table with a secret fracking fluid that melts rock (hydrofluoric acid) and causes multiple health problems for people nearby.

Its odd that an encyption company would jump out of the frying pan into the fire,
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114415/eris-industries-leaves-uk-after-orwellian-bill-reintroduced

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:40:24 PM

My jaw is on the floor.
Looks like Ross Ulbricht is the new Nelson Mandela. All we need now is a new Bob Marley to start the 30 year campaign to get him out.

I don't remember Ross Ulbricht illegally drone bombing entire countries on a daily basis,stealing the worlds fiat savings via Libor/HFT(AKA the Fed/Wall street), couping over 60 countries(most democratically elected), irradiating Iraq with millions of years of fallout from over 1 million DU shells causing thousands of deformed births, forced vaccines that don't work and cause autism, forced Monsanto seeds onto farmers or pumping the fossil water table with a secret fracking fluid that melts rock (hydrofluoric acid) and causes multiple health problems for people nearby.

+1 Great list. (In fact so great I need to bookmark his page).

I don't know what the thinking is behind this. They obviously know he'll be made a martyr. Either it's been planned this way (in which case the subsequent agenda is unclear) or they're just plain thick.

I've no idea which it is.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:44:37 PM

Shouldn't we invite Gregory Maxwell and SF Devs to give up attempts of improving Bitcoin and work on Dash a little bit?

Having G Maxwell would be super cool, I am going to make this chart of the day , thanks

I don't think that would ever happen, he's a bitcoin snob Wink

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Sub-Ether

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:48:14 PM

I don't know what the thinking is behind this. They obviously know he'll be made a martyr. Either it's been planned this way (in which case the subsequent agenda is unclear) or they're just plain thick.

I've no idea which it is.

Do you think people who have the power to force down the Bolivian version of Air Force One because they think Snowden is hiding under the seats give a shit what anyone thinks or are even mentally sane ?

Pages: « 1 ... 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 4834 4835 4836 4837 4838 4839 4840 4841 4842 4843 4844 4845 4846 4847 4848 4849 4850 4851 4852 4853 4854 4855 4856 4857 4858 [4859] 4860 4861 4862 4863 4864 4865 4866 4867 4868 4869 4870 4871 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: