Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 07:24:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 [5376] 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722723 times)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 11:37:05 PM

.... If you talk to people in the crypto community who have nothing to do with either coin if they've heard of it, they are well aware of the "darkcoin instamine" ....

Oh this thread would have been so dead if you would have told that to our world improvers on mission ... mr. icebreaker and adam white ... who are just here to tell everybody "instamine intamine instamine" .... because they think nobody knows about it ...

and you are not better in that, you write that they are all very aware of the "instamine", but then on the other hand, you are talking about that we were hiding the facts of the launch .... how can a "fact" be hidden and at the same time known well by most?!

The fact is....we, DASH members are truly to blame.  We keep being baited by their trolling and we keep feeding them.  Its something that we bring on ourselves.  

Well, having the most active and the most viewed altcoin thread can't be all bad, right?  Cool

I agree.  Wink  the more they post the more they back themselves into a corner. 

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:53:52 PM

The following are known trolls…and have been engaging in aggressive and abusive forum behavior.

AdamWhite
TheDasher
ICEBREAKER
YOURMOTHER
Dnaleor
Smoothie
Smooth!

Though...We would like to thank them for keeping us top of mind on bitcointalk. As the saying goes... There is no bad publicity!  Thanks…

"If someone says they really don't like your project, they really do like your project and are jealous!"

This is very useful post!
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:55:51 PM

One more farewell post or more insecure trolling?

Sincere criticism is not trolling. There may be nothing Dash can do to erase its disastrous history, and that ultimately will likely lead to its demise, but there are things it can do now to avoid making matters even worse, which include not trying to hide the disastrous history.

Smooth, haven't you said you're done with this tread and will not post here anymore two-or so days ago?

No, I never said I won't post here any more. Maybe I said I was done with a particular conversation though.

Bridgewater

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:01:59 AM

Every time I click to read the next page my place is lost due to incessant deletions of past content. If the goal of deleting old or unnecessary posts is to make the thread easier to read, then it has been a complete failure.

I can't offer a suggestion for browsing historic posts, but I keep this bookmark in my bookmarks bar to always take me to the new (unread) posts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.new#new

HTH

That actually works perfectly!  Thanks MCM.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:03:45 AM

The "issue" is people who missed the cheap coins are jelly and butt hurt.

That's not the issue because the same can be said for other coins which don't get the same negative reaction.

The amount of jelly butt hurt is proportional to the amount of easily amassed cheap coins and their potential profits one has missed. And as you can attest, the amount of cheap coins has been exceptional in case of Dash.

Well there you go, if that's the issue, then Dash, specifically, is screwed.

I don't agree that is "the" issue, though it may be one of them. They're all intertwined. Instamine, early launch, coin generation bugs, exceptional number of cheap coins, feature lists deliberately withheld, etc. You can't really separate them, but the all point toward the same "Extreme caution" label that discourages involvement and is ultimately untenable, to borrow words from the devtome investigation.

Cryptocurrency already faces a million uphill battles. You can't carry that kind of baggage on top of everything else and expect to have much of a chance, no matter what a few dozen wishful bag holders may claim. bigrcanada seems at intelligent enough to figure this out, I'm just a bit confused as to why he pretends not to.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:09:48 AM

The "issue" is people who missed the cheap coins are jelly and butt hurt.

That's not the issue because the same can be said for other coins which don't get the same negative reaction.

The amount of jelly butt hurt is proportional to the amount of easily amassed cheap coins and their potential profits one has missed. And as you can attest, the amount of cheap coins has been exceptional in case of Dash.

Well there you go, if that's the issue, then Dash, specifically, is screwed.

But if you really believe 'jelly' is a dominant factor, then Dash is screwed either way. You can't wish away the 'jelly' factor any more than you can wish away the 'instamine scam' disgust factor. It is still part of human nature, even if, again, you, illodin don't consider it the right way to think.

I believe I said it is an issue that affects emotional "investors" and speculators. User's don't care.

Jelly seems indeed to be a dominant factor in these forums filled with emotional "investors" and speculators though.

What is different between people in these forums and people who don't know about cryptos yet, is that being here in the forums at the time of the launch and knowingly making the choice of not getting some cheap coins or even betting on the wrong horse and/or holding an asset being slowly but surely killed by inflation and stagnant development adds to the amount of butt hurt.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:12:20 AM

Well, if it's going to die anyway, there's really no point in wasting your time posting here. Just saying...

Your error is assuming that I'm trying to accomplish something. It is the same sort of paranoid persecution delusion that leads people here to make false accusations of "paid" trolling, when it almost certainly isn't true. (I mean I damn well know I'm not being paid by anyone.)

In fact I'm just having a conversation, mostly respectful, with people like bigrcanada, and occasionally correcting some obvious errors like toknormal claiming that Bytecoin was one of "my" coins.

If I understand you correctly, it's only the instamine you're concerned about? Because I've seen quite a few posters who will jump from one issue to the next in different comments, and I'm trying to to compile a complete "What's wrong with Dash" list, so is there's anything else, please make yourself heard.

I'm not here to create a list, I'm just having a conversation. If things come up, I might discuss them, or I might not. The instamine seems quite relevant right now since I just noticed that all of the relevant early history has been recently (I don't know exactly when) removed from the OP, making disclosure much worse rather than better. It looks to me like a calculated effort to 'sanitize' Dash's image ahead of the ongoing Evolution sales pitch, which ultimately will backfire when people ask why the history is being hidden.

WRT to suggestions I think the problem is that most people here are not overly bothered by it in the first place. I mean, it looks to me as if the biggest issue it creates is daily troll postings on the subject, and the ignore button pretty much fixes that. In your opinion, how exactly does it hurt the cryptocoin community?

You have Dash out there spending money to fly around, etc. and promote itself which means a face of cryptocurrency being put in front of people that has a very questionable history and which is bound to inevitably raise questions of shadiness and potential same, and further reinforce the negative every negative impression of crypto that already exists (mostly with alts but with Bitcoin too). That's exactly the kind of ambassador we don't need.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 12:12:31 AM

Roll Eyes

Thanks Smooth for your insight!  Time will tell and who gets left standing....you'll have to fund your trolls alot more then you are now...because all this hyperbole is getting you no where.  But hey...your are more then welcome to keep trying to beat a dead horse.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:14:23 AM

illodin, we both know that users pretty much don't exist and won't exist on an economically significant scale until Dash is a whole lot bigger than it is today (even Bitcoin at 300x larger is still largely held by investors, not end users), which means most of the interest in the foreseeable future is going to come (or not come) from investors. All those Bitcoin conferences you're paying Dash representatives to go to, do you think you're going to find 'users' there? That is delusional.

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 12:15:00 AM

My opinion....

Smooth...its your opinion!  We will keep funding this because we believe our technology and currancy is better then any other.  In fact the more you keep spewing off your non sense the more I'm going to keep donating to the cause...because it proves that you and all the trolls are obviously VERY worried and threatened other wise you wouldn't be here.  

You should be Wink

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:18:28 AM

My opinion....

Smooth...its your opinion!

I'm not sure your point but that is a misquote.

We will keep funding this because we believe our technology and currancy is better then any other.  In fact the more you keep spewing off your non sense the more I'm going to keep donating to the cause...because it proves that you and all the trolls are obviously VERY worried and threatened.   

It doesn't, but you know, maybe I'll just keep posting just to encourage you to waste your money Smiley
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:20:29 AM

They're all intertwined. Instamine, early launch, coin generation bugs, exceptional number of cheap coins, feature lists deliberately withheld, etc. You can't really separate them, but the all point toward the same "Extreme caution" label that discourages involvement

If there's anything around here that needs to be viewed with "extreme caution", it's propaganda from you and your footsoldiers.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:26:36 AM

They're all intertwined. Instamine, early launch, coin generation bugs, exceptional number of cheap coins, feature lists deliberately withheld, etc. You can't really separate them, but the all point toward the same "Extreme caution" label that discourages involvement

If there's anything around here that needs to be viewed with "extreme caution", it's propaganda from you and your footsoldiers.

Keep telling yourself:

1. That I have foot soldiers (persecution delusion)

2. That normal people without an existing financial stake coloring their view don't view instamined altcoins (not to mention the other issues listed above) with a huge cloud of suspicion, and will avoid them

3. That me and my so-called foot soldiers have anything to do with the 'instamine scam' stigma surrounding Dash.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:29:46 AM

3. That me and my so-called foot soldiers have anything to do with the 'instamine scam' stigma surrounding Dash.

Read this. It applies to you as well. Just substitute "smooth" for "dnaleor".
flailing Junk

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:30:27 AM

Anyone have any thoughts on blockstream's confidential transactions?
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:32:38 AM

illodin, we both know that users pretty much don't exist and won't exist on an economically significant scale until Dash is a whole lot bigger than it is today (even Bitcoin at 300x larger is still largely held by investors, not end users), which means most of the interest in the foreseeable future is going to come (or not come) from investors. All those Bitcoin conferences you're paying Dash representatives to go to, do you think you're going to find 'users' there? That is delusional.

What I said is that emotional "investors" running rampant in these forums care about the butt hurt. If the product is good, users won't. If the business idea is good, rational investors won't. People who don't hate money won't.

If the product and business ideas are good is another matter, but I didn't say users go to crypto conferences to choose which coin they want to use.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:40:26 AM

Keep telling yourself:

1. That I have foot soldiers (persecution delusion)

2. That normal people without an existing financial stake coloring their view don't view instamined altcoins (not to mention the other issues listed above) with a huge cloud of suspicion, and will avoid them

Well THAT was AdamWhite style...
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:47:01 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 01:04:12 AM by smooth

What I said is that emotional "investors" running rampant in these forums care about the butt hurt. If the product is good, users won't. If the business idea is good, rational investors won't. People who don't hate money won't.

Naturally investors look at risk factors in making an investment. Sure it isn't the only thing they look at -- "the product" also matters -- but they do look at it. If you assume that every other product is bad, then that might work, but whatever Dash does that is good product-wise, other coins without the magnitude of stigma and reputation risk will do too, and investors go there instead. Why would a rational investor do otherwise?

One of the problems Dash faces now (Monero too) is that it is somewhat a "high priced" coin. People looking to make a high risk investment on the remote possibility of widespread adoption (even you must recogniize this is an extreme long shot) face a lot of downside and less upside than in something that isn't so inflated to the benefit of extreme early adoptors/instaminers at such an early stage of practical development.

If the product and business ideas are good is another matter, but I didn't say users go to crypto conferences to choose which coin they want to use.

So they are going to recruit investors, who will look at the repetitional risks and also look at how much potential appreciation has already been realized by a tiny number of people. Sounds like a negative.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 12:59:56 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 01:13:20 AM by bigrcanada

Naturally....

....your delusional in what you think you are trying to accomplish Wink EVEN in the far chance there is any small number of investors that would even take the time to visit bitcointalk and then stumble across your trolling, and if they based their investment strategy on listening to you, AdamWhite and the rest of the Trollero trolling clowns, they would then deserve to be invested in your project and parted with their funds.

EDIT:
...you spend to much time yep yaping and trolling other competitors projects and not developing, and that should be a huge red flag to any investor...you and your Trollero clowns actions on these forums and the lack of your own solutions should be ring all sorts of alarm bells.  Hows that gui wallet coming along and your project funding.

PS. I'm starting to wonder if you actually are a developer...or just a forum troll.  hummmm time to post my list again.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:10:32 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 01:25:49 AM by toknormal

One of the problems Dash faces now (Monero too) is that it is somewhat a "high priced" coin

Remember not to quantify your assertions because people might then make their own minds up.

Dash's marketcap is currently 0.3% of bitcoin's. Just under 3 thousandths of the price of bitcoin.

Lets look at what's on offer (either currently or on roadmap) for that 3 thousandths of the cost of bitcoin. Namely an asset that is:

[1] - largely bitcoin compatible in terms of wallet technology, network interfaces, compatibility with open source extensions etc

[2] - inherits at least bitcoin's level of transparency and public-blockchain accountability

[2] - supports instant transactions natively, without recourse to third party payment channels

[3] - supports mass-adoption capacity scaling requirements natively without recourse to third party payment channels

[4] - supports natively enhanced coin supply mixing to finally push the currency to full fungibility without recourse to loss of transparency

[5] - decentralises the governance of blockchain maintenance and development to eliminate consensus deadlocks amongst developers

whatever Dash does that is good product-wise, other coins will do too, and investors go there instead.

Again. Remember not to qualify your assertions with historical anecdotes, evidence or empirical reasoning since that might mitigate the impact of your nonsense.

First of all, other coins are not doing what Dash is doing, nowhere near it. The reason being that original work in progress is not as copy-and-pasteable as a static precedent. It's not enough just to copy the code - you'd need to copy the originator as well to know what to do next with it.

Secondly, the assertion that "investors go there instead" is a bit of bluster you've added to pad out your post and it is simply not true. Originals retain their lead even when they're not technically ahead, never mind when they are. For example NxT is one of the most slammed currencies in existence for its small original distribution. It's also been superseded in some areas by clones but none of them got near its marketcap. Same goes for Peercoin and its clones, Blackcoin and its clones (Cinni), even Bytecoin and its and ultimately - Bitcoin it's very self.

In fact this very discussion is a good rehearsal for when the general public discover bitcoin en-masse. Why don't you try out your arguments on them and see if they don't think it's "perfectly distributed", "fairly launched" and not "in the hands of a few early adopters".

Pages: « 1 ... 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 [5376] 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: