Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:36:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 [5377] 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:17:57 AM

Well, if it's going to die anyway, there's really no point in wasting your time posting here. Just saying...

Your error is assuming that I'm trying to accomplish something. It is the same sort of paranoid persecution delusion that leads people here to make false accusations of "paid" trolling, when it almost certainly isn't true. (I mean I damn well know I'm not being paid by anyone.)

No, Dr. Freud, I'm not assuming you're trying to accomplish anything. In fact, I'm asking, what you are trying to accomplish by posting here.

I'm not here to create a list, I'm just having a conversation. If things come up, I might discuss them, or I might not. The instamine seems quite relevant right now since I just noticed that all of the relevant early history has been recently (I don't know exactly when) removed from the OP, making disclosure much worse rather than better. It looks to me like a calculated effort to 'sanitize' Dash's image ahead of the ongoing Evolution sales pitch, which ultimately will backfire when people ask why the history is being hidden.

Ok, so then there is at least an actionable item: Would it help if there was a link in the OP to the history page (there is one on a wiki or the website AFAIR)?

You have Dash out there spending money to fly around, etc. and promote itself which means a face of cryptocurrency being put in front of people that has a very questionable history and which is bound to inevitably raise questions of shadiness and potential same, and further reinforce the negative every negative impression of crypto that already exists (mostly with alts but with Bitcoin too). That's exactly the kind of ambassador we don't need.

Some might say the fact that they are able to do that indicates that they did something right (i.e. got those trips and presentations funded and organized). But we'll see how it plays out

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:20:51 AM

Dash's marketcap is currently 1.2% of bitcoin's. Just over 1 hundredth of the price of bitcoin.

Uh, no. Actually it is 1/341 of Bitcoin, much less than 1%.

In my opinion it is about one millionth of Bitcoin's maturity and development in terms of actual usage, businesses being built around it, onramps for investors, hardware support, etc.

That's not really intended as an insult to Dash, I don't think any other altcoins with the possible exception of LTC (for overall support) and ETH (for businesses being built around it) are any different; most are worse.

These coins are extreme high risk bets where many, many obstacles will need to be overcome.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:24:13 AM

In fact, I'm asking, what you are trying to accomplish by posting here.

Well I told you, I'm having a conversation.

Ok, so then there is at least an actionable item: Would it help if there was a link in the OP to the history page (there is one on a wiki or the website AFAIR)?

You mean "the origin of dash" or whatever that post is called, that presents everything in a benign, almost joking way, without even the slightest possibility of malfeasance? No, I don't think such a link, buried among 20 links there are already there helps much (but it does raise the question, again, of why even that isn't included among the numerous links that are there).

What's wrong with just putting the original specification and name at launch back like every other legitimate coin? That is factual, let people draw there own conclusions. If changes to the key specifications are made they should be added to the OP with an explanation of when those changes were made, not erased.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:30:41 AM

In my opinion it is about one millionth of Bitcoin's maturity and development in terms of actual usage, businesses being built around it, onramps for investors, hardware support, etc.....These coins are extreme high risk bets where many, many obstacles will need to be overcome

Given that Dash inherits Bitcoin's source code and given that it's already supported by payment processors, mobile solutions and independent blockchain services...no. Not a "millionth of Bitcoin's maturity".

These coins are extreme high risk bets where many, many obstacles will need to be overcome.

And yours more than most. (If you still consider yourself to be associated with it - I'm not so sure these days).

the-baker

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:38:17 AM

What's wrong with just putting the original specification and name at launch back like every other legitimate coin? That is factual, let people draw there own conclusions. If changes to the key specifications are made they should be added to the OP with an explanation of when those changes were made, not erased.

People will always draw their own conclusions. The amendment format you propose is only really suitable for programmers, who are used to reading changesets and revision logs all day. Besides, if it only lists spec changes, it wouldn't (explicitly) mention the instamine either. A dedicated page is much more useable IMO, and the exact contents and wording are a separate issue.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:41:09 AM

In my opinion it is about one millionth of Bitcoin's maturity and development in terms of actual usage, businesses being built around it, onramps for investors, hardware support, etc.....These coins are extreme high risk bets where many, many obstacles will need to be overcome

Given that Dash inherits Bitcoin's source code and given that it's already supported by payment processors, mobile solutions and independent blockchain services...no. Not a "millionth of Bitcoin's maturity".

Believe what you like. I'm looking around and I see lots of conferences organized around Bitcoin, a billion dollars or perhaps more by now of venture capital investment in Bitcoin companies, many exchanges, direct fiat gateways, wallet services such as coinbase signing up 2+ million KYC verified users, many major businesses accepting it, etc.

I see none of this for any alt. At best they are a small side note at conferences, traded on exchanges that also trade bitcoin (but the reverse is not true), have one or two significant business investments (or none), etc.

It isn't a question of degree at all, it is a whole different world. And don't forget Bitcoin is tiny also compared to fiat finance.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:42:34 AM

People will always draw their own conclusions. The amendment format you propose is only really suitable for programmers, who are used to reading changesets and revision logs all day. Besides, if it only lists spec changes, it wouldn't (explicitly) mention the instamine either. A dedicated page is much more useable IMO, and the exact contents and wording are a separate issue.

It is suitable for investors who have a reasonable expectation of some sort of detailed specification and full disclosure about what it is they are buying (prospectus). Putting it on a another page is perhaps okay if unconventional. It still raises questions about why it is being hidden. No need to answer, you've already explained your perspective of why, but it still raises the question.
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 07:35:15 AM

I don't get on here much but what the hell is going on?
I had to skip a few pages before I figured out how to respond, again. haha.
But what I see happening here, not trying to step on anybodies toes, is this.

I see one coin and only one coin trying to beat down another coin.
I see Monerocoin trying to beat-up Dashcoin like some kinda bully.

I've done my research and I also understand how real world companies work.

Let me put it this way.
When Google went public, do you think I WAS ALLOWED to buy any stock on that IPO,
uh HELL NO!
I was left on the sideline SCREAMING!! .....................I want google stock in the IPO!!
uh, did not happen
It should really be called an "Initial Corporate/Institutional Offer"
I was shut out, as was most individuals that hoped to make a profit on a sure thing.
Do I still use Google?
Yep.
Can I change the past
NOPE!!!
Can I do anything about it
NOPE!!

I would like to know..........
When will Monerocoin put the past behind them and decide to move forward?
When will Dashcoin start ignoring zealot individuals?
[for our non-english speaking persons: defined: zealot; plural noun: zealots

a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.

These Monerocoin individuals have turned my stomach enough to understand that they want the whole of ALT-crypto dead.
They care nothing about innovation and creativity.
They care only about a past they cannot change.

OH THE SKY IS FALLING and we are concerned that the rest of the world does not know
We,  the Monerocoin individuals, must be the ones to tell the world that Dashcoin is the end of the world and the most awful thing.
Ever

BUT

This also means that you Dashcoin people are also guilty of invoking and furthering the prolonged, so called argument, of the Monerocoin people.
Why do you continue to entertain these zealots?
Why do you bring yourself to this level?
I am really starting to think that you do NOT care about Dashcoin.
YES, you appear to be defending your self's but, and I did go back and look, but you've been doing this for over a year now, WOW!!
You'd be better off abandoning this bitcointalk website and using https://dashtalk.org/ which has a LOT of good information

I did finally get enough coins to start a masternode but I'll never buy a single Monerocoin
What a god awful mess that seems to be

I feel that I'm just rambling on now
but I also feel that I'll get a LOT of feedback from the Monerocoin people, negative none the less
and now I have contributed to the whole mess.

It's an endless loop of MADNESS!!!

When it comes right down to it

I CHOOSE DASHCOIN!!!

The Monerocoin individuals are nothing more than ZEALOTS !!!!!
Once again......................................
defined: zealot; plural noun: zealots

a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.

I did make my own little cartoon..... enjoy
haha

edited
how do you post pictures here?
my link does not work?
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:20:10 AM

I don't get on here much but what the hell is going on?
I had to skip a few pages before I figured out how to respond, again. haha.
But what I see happening here, not trying to step on anybodies toes, is this.

I see one coin and only one coin trying to beat down another coin.
I see Monerocoin trying to beat-up Dashcoin like some kinda bully.

I've done my research and I also understand how real world companies work.

Let me put it this way.
When Google went public, do you think I WAS ALLOWED to buy any stock on that IPO,
uh HELL NO!
I was left on the sideline SCREAMING!! .....................I want google stock in the IPO!!
uh, did not happen
It should really be called an "Initial Corporate/Institutional Offer"
I was shut out, as was most individuals that hoped to make a profit on a sure thing.
Do I still use Google?
Yep.
Can I change the past
NOPE!!!
Can I do anything about it
NOPE!!

I would like to know..........
When will Monerocoin put the past behind them and decide to move forward?
When will Dashcoin start ignoring zealot individuals?
[for our non-english speaking persons: defined: zealot; plural noun: zealots

These Monerocoin individuals have turned my stomach enough to understand that they want the whole of ALT-crypto dead.
They care nothing about innovation and creativity.
They care only about a past they cannot change.

OH THE SKY IS FALLING and we are concerned that the rest of the world does not know
We,  the Monerocoin individuals, must be the ones to tell the world that Dashcoin is the end of the world and the most awful thing.
Ever

BUT

This also means that you Dashcoin people are also guilty of invoking and furthering the prolonged, so called argument, of the Monerocoin people.
Why do you continue to entertain these zealots?
Why do you bring yourself to this level?
I am really starting to think that you do NOT care about Dashcoin.
YES, you appear to be defending your self's but, and I did go back and look, but you've been doing this for over a year now, WOW!!
You'd be better off abandoning this bitcointalk website and using https://dashtalk.org/ which has a LOT of good information

I did finally get enough coins to start a masternode but I'll never buy a single Monerocoin
What a god awful mess that seems to be

I feel that I'm just rambling on now
but I also feel that I'll get a LOT of feedback from the Monerocoin people, negative none the less
and now I have contributed to the whole mess.

It's an endless loop of MADNESS!!!

When it comes right down to it

I CHOOSE DASHCOIN!!!

The Monerocoin individuals are nothing more than ZEALOTS !!!!!
Once again......................................
defined: zealot; plural noun: zealots

I did make my own little cartoon..... enjoy
haha

edited
how do you post pictures here?
my link does not work?

maybe the pic is too big ? somehow its show up now Huh

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:42:43 AM

Has anything changed? First post says there will be 14-18 mil coins? I was sure there would be about 20 mil. And now 14?
BusterNutBag

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 08:57:57 AM

Has anything changed? First post says there will be 14-18 mil coins? I was sure there would be about 20 mil. And now 14?

For what I can wrap my head around is that the new 14-18 mil Dashcoins MAX would be/is due to the Self-Governance budgeting system?
They expect the Self-Governance budgeting system to cause deflation to Dashcoin by not allowing a 100% of the 10% to be utilized fully
Still does not equate to 14-18 mil but maybe further deflation is planned

Deflation is counterproductive to growth but who knows?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:05:17 AM

For what I can wrap my head around is that the new 14-18 mil Dashcoins

By the way "Dash" and "Dashcoin" are 2 distinct currencies.
the-baker

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:10:39 AM

On this page it still says ~22M: https://www.dashpay.io/specifications/
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 09:14:34 AM

Smooth. You say you own some Dash, then you must think there are good points. Care to name any?

I can see why people call you a troll you are constantly bringing the conversation to instamine and now the opening post which according to some wierd rule you have dreamt up it cannot be edited.

Its seems like you are not really here for conversation but intent on dragging this thread down.
tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:34:57 AM

Yes
it would be nice if one of the devs could explain this.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 09:46:46 AM

illodin, we both know that users pretty much don't exist and won't exist on an economically significant scale until Dash is a whole lot bigger than it is today (even Bitcoin at 300x larger is still largely held by investors, not end users), which means most of the interest in the foreseeable future is going to come (or not come) from investors. All those Bitcoin conferences you're paying Dash representatives to go to, do you think you're going to find 'users' there? That is delusional.

What I said is that emotional "investors" running rampant in these forums care about the butt hurt. If the product is good, users won't. If the business idea is good, rational investors won't. People who don't hate money won't.

Naturally investors look at risk factors in making an investment. Sure it isn't the only thing they look at -- "the product" also matters -- but they do look at it. If you assume that every other product is bad, then that might work, but whatever Dash does that is good product-wise, other coins without the magnitude of stigma and reputation risk will do too, and investors go there instead. Why would a rational investor do otherwise?

One of the problems Dash faces now (Monero too) is that it is somewhat a "high priced" coin. People looking to make a high risk investment on the remote possibility of widespread adoption (even you must recogniize this is an extreme long shot) face a lot of downside and less upside than in something that isn't so inflated to the benefit of extreme early adoptors/instaminers at such an early stage of practical development.

If the product and business ideas are good is another matter, but I didn't say users go to crypto conferences to choose which coin they want to use.

So they are going to recruit investors, who will look at the repetitional risks and also look at how much potential appreciation has already been realized by a tiny number of people. Sounds like a negative.

I believe you referred to a factor of 300 or so from Dash to Bitcoin, and another 300x between Bitcoin and considerable adoption. I'm not sure what kind of potential any individual investor is looking for, could very well be those numbers don't attract everyone. Perhaps some will value the business running masternodes enables compared to an asset where the only profit can come from value appreciation.

Also, I'm not sure the entire point of going to conferences is to find people who will buy coins. There must be some value in getting the knowledge out there that would eventually help businesses to accept and support Dash for example not necessarily by buying coins but providing services etc. and thus helping the actual use and adoption. So your constructed lose-lose situation doesn't apply.

Note I'm not suggesting there is potential, or that you can make profit by running masternodes. I'm merely saying some investors might think so, and some might not.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:09:22 PM

Yes

Devs here don't explain anything. Just lies from these devs... lies and changes. From 84 million coins to 20-22 mllion to 14 now

BEware the deceivers  Roll Eyes
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:17:34 PM

Yes

Devs here don't explain anything. Just lies from these devs... lies and changes. From 84 million coins to 20-22 mllion to 14 now

BEware the deceivers  Roll Eyes
Now THAT is a LIE. If you want to read DASH devs are the best in crypto when it comes to explaining. They do not reply to trolls.
 I welcome you to my ignore list!
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:18:54 PM

No one can estimate accurately the total number of coins as the block reward depends on the hashrate.
megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:19:23 PM

it was never a "fixed" number, because the more mining power the less DASH will be produced. The block subsidy is directly linked with the mining difficult.

I think the change is because we will have a higher difficulty then expected and so the supply would be less in the end.

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
Pages: « 1 ... 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 [5377] 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: