Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:10:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 [5381] 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722501 times)
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 08:57:33 PM

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on Evolution's code currently and have designed a whole new way of documenting projects, which is really neat. To fully take advantage of this documentation, I'd like to sponsor the development of a sublime plugin. It should be really easy to create, I would like to render markup links that are in c++ comments. If you have experience with sublime plugins and want to make some DASH shoot me a PM.

class CDashDriveEventEngine()
{
   std::map<int64_t, CDashDriveAction> mapActionQueue;

CDashDriveAction* currentAction;
   bool fAbortLoop;

bool AddActionToQueue(CDashDriveAction& newAction)
   {
      mapActionQueue.push_back(newAction);

std::sort(mapActionQueue.begin(), mapActionQueue.end());

//if we have a new event from before what we're working on
      // we'll need to abort working on that event and start on this one
      // this will [keep us consistent](/dash-docs/components) <-- this would get turned into a link and open the documentation in a new tab in Sublime.
      if(newAction.GetTime() < currentAction.GetTime()){

}

}

//registered to it's own thread
   void MainLoop()
   {

}
}

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:14:10 PM

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118 offline ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
donnyespo

Activity: 827
Merit: 1000

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:21:48 PM

1000 DASH for a master node correct?
Yes, and you keep them in your local/cold wallet. Just need to start your MN.

Edit : need a guide?
Pick the one you love more there :

https://dashtalk.org/forums/masternode-guides.66/

Thank you, apprieciate it.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 09:32:55 PM

You can use this tool to turn off anti-beacon polices in Windows 10 and also works for the 'patch' that was recently deployed to Windows 7 that adds additional  tracking and beacons.

https://www.safer-networking.org/2015/spybot-anti-beacon-privacy-protection-tool/

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Didn't know window 7 has been patched to do similar? (although should have guessed) are there ways within windows 7 to switch that off or you have to use 3rd party tool. trouble with that spybot thing is how to know its not malware ?
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 09:35:03 PM

// this will [keep us consistent](/dash-docs/components) <-- this would get turned into a link and open the documentation in a new

too bad you're not using vim: https://github.com/plasticboy/vim-markdown

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:09:45 PM

you proposed a way to identify possible privacy leaks in Windows 10 OS

correct

...that doesn't mean every person can do it.

Neither did I expect that, nor does that qualify my method in any way. Just because your everyday Joe can't operate a space shuttle, doesn't mean it's useless.

Hence it is a flawed argument because it isn't an absolute solution for everyone.

By asking for the impossible ("absolute solution for everyone" <-- doesn't exist) I suppose you can render every argument ever made as "flawed". The only thing flawed here however is your sentence, because it doesn't make any sense.

Open sourced software that has been reviewed and used for years is much more trustworthy and has less need for you to have to review the source in order to know it is good code or not.

You just asked for an "absolute solution for everyone" and now you rely on others to decide if you're dealing with good code. Contradiction much? Let me repeat, so you understand: Not everyone is a programmer to understand the code, so it's not an "absolute solution for everyone". <<-- This is obviously wrong, it only serves to illustrate your logic.

Hmm who would I rather trust, Microsoft who releases closed source crap with anti-privacy crap turned on by default or a version of Linux that has been used for years that is "stable"?

I never asked you to trust Microsoft. I talked about the privacy experts who made the software I linked. O&O is a German software company that has nothing to do with Microsoft except making a tool to deactivate Spy-Tools in Windows. Linux is a good OS, but the software I use doesn't run on it. I use it for specialized tasks like system-recovery or penetration-testing only.

I am with smoothie here and furthermore this is not off topic in a DASH thread. Take a look at the EULA of this software that is supposed to protect Windows 10 users from spying http://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10/eula and one finds the following: (Bold my emphasis)

1. Grant of license

The Software Product is licensed as follows:

1.1 Installation and Use. O&O grants you the right to install and use copies of the Software on your computers. You may use this Software solely for private purposes. This means that the product (a) will be distributed or otherwise made available at no charge (direct or indirect) and (b) is not used for any commercial purpose. This includes (though not limited to) any activity engaged for the purpose of generating revenues (directly or indirectly). The software is in use when it is loaded into the temporary memory (i.e., RAM) or installed into the permanent memory (e.g., hard disk, CD ROM, etc.) of a computer for the purpose of being accessible to an end user.

1.2 Backup Copies. You may also make copies of the Software Product as may be necessary for backup and archival purposes.

Now suppose someone used a Windows 10 system to store DASH that is used for one or more masternodes, and the software in question to attempt to prevent some government agency from getting a hold of the DASH private keys for said masternodes. Running DASH masternodes produces revenues and protecting the DASH used for the masternodes would qualify as a "activity engaged for the purpose of generating revenues (directly or indirectly)". The bottom line is that proprietary software and operating systems simply have no place in crypto currency. One thing the DASH community got right is that one cannot run a DASH masternode on Windows.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
coinmaster222

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:46:02 PM

Think that comment harsh,I have went through Most Windows and only 10 had a keylogger

Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 10:46:44 PM

1. Grant of license

The Software Product is licensed as follows:

1.1 Installation and Use. O&O grants you the right to install and use copies of the Software on your computers. You may use this Software solely for private purposes. This means that the product (a) will be distributed or otherwise made available at no charge (direct or indirect) and (b) is not used for any commercial purpose. This includes (though not limited to) any activity engaged for the purpose of generating revenues (directly or indirectly). The software is in use when it is loaded into the temporary memory (i.e., RAM) or installed into the permanent memory (e.g., hard disk, CD ROM, etc.) of a computer for the purpose of being accessible to an end user.

1.2 Backup Copies. You may also make copies of the Software Product as may be necessary for backup and archival purposes.

Now suppose someone used a Windows 10 system to store DASH that is used for one or more masternodes, and the software in question to attempt to prevent some government agency from getting a hold of the DASH private keys for said masternodes. Running DASH masternodes produces revenues and protecting the DASH used for the masternodes would qualify as a "activity engaged for the purpose of generating revenues (directly or indirectly)". The bottom line is that proprietary software and operating systems simply have no place in crypto currency. One thing the DASH community got right is that one cannot run a DASH masternode on Windows.

How do you arrive at that insane conclusion from the License of a Privacy Tool? The license of ShutUp10 has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the OS you use it on or even the remotest inkling of a relation to DASH. Did you just scroll for something that fitted your precast opinion? Because when you read the sentence correctly you arrive at the correct meaning:

You may use this Software solely for private purposes.

Clearly setting the scope on the tool itself, not anything you run it on or anything you run next to it (like a DASH wallet).

This means that the product (a) will be distributed or otherwise made available at no charge (direct or indirect) and (b) is not used for any commercial purpose. This includes (though not limited to) any activity engaged for the purpose of generating revenues (directly or indirectly).
Again clearly talking about ShutUp10, nothing else. Clearly stating that it's free software and that you are not supposed to sell this free software. That's what they mean with "generating revenue".

I've read some convoluted and heavily constructed bullshit in my time, but this takes the cake. How you arrive at the conclusion that this tool has anything to do with using DASH is beyond me. I can only assume you're either trolling, or insane.

Edit: Oh, so you're another Moronero troll. I already had a suspicion... So you're both.  Roll Eyes

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:04:15 PM

How do you arrive at that insane conclusion from the License of a Privacy Tool? The license of ShutUp10 has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the OS you use it on or even the remotest inkling of a relation to DASH. Did you just scroll for something that fitted your precast opinion? Because when you read the sentence correctly you arrive at the correct meaning:

You may use this Software solely for private purposes.

Clearly setting the scope on the tool itself, not anything you run it on or anything you run next to it (like a DASH wallet).

This means that the product (a) will be distributed or otherwise made available at no charge (direct or indirect) and (b) is not used for any commercial purpose. This includes (though not limited to) any activity engaged for the purpose of generating revenues (directly or indirectly).
Again clearly talking about ShutUp10, nothing else. Clearly stating that it's free software and that you are not supposed to sell this free software. That's what they mean with "generating revenue".

I've read some convoluted and heavily constructed bullshit in my time, but this takes the cake. How you arrive at the conclusion that this tool has anything to do with using DASH is beyond me. I can only assume you're either trolling, or insane.

Edit: Oh, so you're another Moronero troll. I already had a suspicion... So you're both.  Roll Eyes

By reading the EULA.  Since the purpose of the software is to modify the OS to attempt to prevent spying the scope of the OS becomes the scope of the software. Distribution is covered in section 2 of the EULA if you care to read it.

As for Monero I actually posted on the Monero thread suggesting that they stop developing for Windows.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg12862972#msg12862972 This has nothing to do with rival coins. It simply makes very little sense to run a privacy oriented coin (Any privacy oriented coin) on a proprietary platform with built in keyloggers.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 11:16:01 PM

I refuted your central argument.

Weaseling around by constructing something about how the scope changes is your own -wrong- interpretation.

I will not waste another second with you.

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:30:27 PM

You have refuted nothing.

Rather than debate this further, I suggest that anyone using the software carefully read the EULA, and form their own conclusions, before blindingly clicking: "I agree".

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:52:11 PM

Please follow us at @

https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/693-dash-dash/

(old but nice cryptotalk, revived recently + tungfa as admin, lets spread the word, Troll free)
 Grin
Wink
you guys coming over ?
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:58:25 PM

Arbitrage seems slow to catch up.

I don't even try with the slow BTC transfers.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:14:16 AM

.....As for Monero I actually posted on the Monero thread suggesting that they stop developing for Windows.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg12862972#msg12862972 This has nothing to do with rival coins. It simply makes very little sense to run a privacy oriented coin (Any privacy oriented coin) on a proprietary platform with built in keyloggers.

Very good spot. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quite a few nodes seem to be run on VPSs for as little cost as possible, given the size of the blockchain. So most nodes are not running on windows.

p.s.

I wouldn't be overly sensitive, to someone being overly sensitive. There is the odd false positive when you're always on the look out.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:22:37 AM

.... but this takes the cake...

The US government is currently trying to reclassify Apple's software so that it can force Apple to create back-doors through its encryption protocols which currently don't give Apple a way to peer into what people are storing on their machines.

It would be worth investigating what Windows have been up to with their recent release.

One thing I know they like about the new windows is the amount of data they can mine for customer insight into how the software is being used. They are hoping this will avoid embarrassing releases like losing the start button and pissing off millions of people. They are also hoping to cross-sell more products.

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to fuck-up on some of their licence wording.
Blazin8888

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:39:08 AM

Can someone make a DASH coin on the ETH platform please so I can buy some! https://twitter.com/feindura/status/658982528922075137
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:28:46 AM

Where's everyone gone?

The previous post was close to 8 hours ago!

Everyone crying into their beers about the price?

It is pretty disappointing. Such a fickle realm is this crypto stuff.

But overall the price is being maintained at least ($US-wise anyway) on the back of this BTC rally that's savaging virtually all alts.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
hardcoreprime

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:55:34 AM

Where's everyone gone?

But overall the price is being maintained at least ($US-wise anyway) on the back of this BTC rally that's savaging virtually all alts.

It's not disappointing at all.  At the moment everyone's cashing in on Bitcoin and once it settles you will see a flood of BTC going into Alts.  Dash is on the cutting edge, so i wouldn't be surprised if we see a major price hike in the near future.

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:00:11 PM

Where's everyone gone?

It's not disappointing at all.  At the moment everyone's cashing in on Bitcoin and once it settles you will see a flood of BTC going into Alts.  Dash is on the cutting edge, so i wouldn't be surprised if we see a major price hike in the near future.

Yes. I've been around here for a long time and seen it happen several times before.

By "disappointing" I'm referring to the lack of acknowledgement of Dash's advanced features and developments by the rest of the crypto community with the price dropping off (in terms of BTC) like it is (as that's really only where we're currently known and acknowledged).

All the alts will experience a rush sometime soon depending on whether BTC takes a major breather or just keeps going Nov2013 style.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
f2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:14:10 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 02:26:22 PM by f2000

Where's everyone gone?

Price is, well, rather disappointing. Like many others my original investment has taken a bit of a tanking recently, but like you said most/all altcoins holders are in the same boat.

Anyway, back to Dash. I would like to say first I’m not a developer so I might be underestimating some of this…or even getting it completely wrong (so excuse my naivety). I would love to see things that would drive normal people and not just nerds to use Dash. Of course getting it into retailers etc is important but at the moment (I think) we should concentrate on what is currently our core...internet savvy users.

Ecommerce
=============
OpenBazaar
https://openbazaar.org/
A no-brainer and has been talked about multiple times. I think something like this is essential (although I'm unsure how we would go about doing this),

1)   If it was forked, could it run on the MN network?
I’m guessing this would be a big job, then trying to keep up with the constant updates etc. If this was to happen I would suggest using both Dash and Bitcoin (instead of forcing Dash onto users, let them see the benefits first hand). Some people might not want to use Dash and that’s ok, no need to exclude anybody.

2)   Getting Dash implemented by the OB devs
Again, I’m not sure how we would go about this, would monthly donations from the Budget proposal be enough?

Open Source Plugins
https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-for-ecommerce
I see bitpay has a ton of plugins which are no doubt very useful for people when accepting a crypto currency, could this be something we improve on and do this ourselves? Meaning the fee’s could be lower/free?

Social
=============
ChangeTip
https://www.changetip.com
Getting a changetip bot working on Reddit/Twitter/FB etc? Did wonders for other coins.

WeCollective (Decentralised Reddit/Forum)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wecollective/we-collective-the-next-step-in-the-evolution-of-so
They never reached their goal on Kickstarter, but the project itself sounds interesting (again, would it be possible to host on the mn network?). Having users gain Dash for posting content would certainly be a unique feature. I’m not 100% sure if the Dash team would want to go down this route, would they be open to the headaches of a Social platform (DMCA Takedown’s etc). Or would the site run itself (it does suggest that).
Despite some of the problems that would inevitably arise, a free speech platform could become very popular very quickly. (Would be finally have a free and open /r/bitcoin and bct replacement?)

Edit - Perhaps I should explain my reasoning behind the OB / Social suggestions. We have miners earning dash as do people running MN's, it would be nice for the regular joe's of the world to earn Dash via selling things on OB or contributing to the WeCollective/Reddit/Forum.
Pages: « 1 ... 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 [5381] 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: