Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:47:56 AM

I bought some bitcoin years ago, cashed out well short of what I could have and regret it all the time. Darkcoin has now gotten my attention. Sadly I don't have any money to invest.  Cry

I've been telling my friends about Darkcoin and trying to get people interested. If it does become the first truly anonymous coin, I think it will take off.  That's a game-changer.

Anyone feeling generous enough to help get me started on this wave? I will invest time and energy to spread awareness!
XrYfSpaK5W7F5BBpGihjsKLoYWWyTjTMz9

Man that really touched my heart, just sent 1000 DRK coins.

Mining this coin is like a dream! I sleep like a baby while running PC next to me.
Slow rpm , and low temperature.

Can anyone help me to start this this even sweeter? Thanks!

Xi3ZA7fjyUXj5K1hTvCMW7fPUFmQnp9vz5

You sure deserve it, just sent 10 000 DRK.

wow...ahem please?
XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

here you go bro, 100 000 DRK for you, freshly sent.

Dang baller! You hooked it up! Nice job.

Thought that would come off as a joke but apparently I've attracted the beggars now, 3 in a matter of minutes. How are you people different from beggars in the street, seriously? If this was Dogecoin I'd send a 100 doge easily, but that's like 14 cents worth of crypto and IMO the perfect amount to get someone started when they don't know about crypto and want to get into it. Sob stories on the internet on the other hand? You clearly already know about crypto and are now asking for a handout that you don't deserve at all. Not every cryptocurrency has to have a tip bot and people giving it all away to imitate dogecoin...

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
mannie

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:51:43 AM

I'm not sure if anyone else has worked on this but I've created a draft media release about DarkCoin and the testing. I think it's important to get the word out now that DarkSend is in development and then follow up with another release once DarkSend is active.

I'm not the most tech savvy person so would appreciate some help if I've got anything wrong but it may be better for it to be in layman's language considering the readers will largely be non tech media (and consumers of media)!

I think it needs a quote from the Dev so I've added space in there for that. Someone also needs to be the media contact (also Dev?).

Also, it would be good to start a mailing list of media (reporters who are currently covering Bitcoin and others) to send these releases to. Maybe someone could start a spreadsheet on Google docs or something?

Here is the draft release:

http://pastebin.com/UYRDqkRt

This is great, thanks! Here's an edited version with a quote from me. Let me know if you need anything else

http://pastebin.com/2uFZ6R5g

Thanks! Very happy with the edits and quote. I've cleaned it up a little and pasted a new version. Any more suggestions out there? And anyone want to start a mailing list?

http://pastebin.com/HjrXLCfg

Here is a start to the media mailing list of people who have written about crypto. Does anyone know how to share a list publicly so anyone can add to it?

http://pastebin.com/DMWjmqG2

I'm bumping this in the hope of some help with the media mailing list. The next step for DRK is to get people talking about it - then you'll see more interest in the coin and more support/runs in the price. This coin is undervalued right now considering the potential of the new DarkSend technology.

Let's get a media release out now and get people talking about this
drkrider

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:53:21 AM

Never hurts to ask. Sorry if I was offensive mate
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:56:34 AM

bought a used 280x it didn't work for shit..

also my temp is too hot on my 7970..

everything is going to the outside toilet.

anyone wanna help me start up?

XbjwNHRzWRstKcKvnxu3ezceqV9jz6xH9w

please!
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:57:15 AM

Never hurts to ask. Sorry if I was offensive mate

Yeah you're right. I'm being a prick but still, I'm not the type to ask for handouts so it doesn't sit well with me. If you want to have some to try, I suggest getting a tiny bit at the faucet or contributing to the community in a way which compels people to give you something rather than asking.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
TingCoin

Activity: 720

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:10:21 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 04:20:37 AM by TingCoin

Just want to say, thanks so much to the guy who posted the block reward algorithm. I've been on and off my PC all day trying to figure out how the fuck Moores law worked and just thought I was an idiot lol.

But yeah, really loving this coin. IMO, it's the only "alt"coin (quotations explained soon) that could potentially prove a real competitor (I don't like this word but it fits the bill) for Bitcoin. In fact, if the developers stand by it I reckon it even has the potential to become worth 3-digit values in fiat, and maybe even overtake Bitcoin in the long-term.

The way I see it: Bitcoin, the one that started it all. If anyone remembers, a large amount of it's early growth happened because of... You know, them folks on the darkside of the moon taking advantage of its anonymity (or so they thought).

Dogecoin: An awesome little coin that grew and gained popularity due to the meme factor. Has the potential to a bright future for mainly non-serious things like forum tipping, and paying someone online to do something such as make you a siggy. Holds it's spot as the fun little "disposable income" yarr I'll chuck you some Doge lad kinda coin. Most people who use this seem to be proper crypto-enthusiasts, mining it and getting involved in the forum banter surrounding it. But the thing is, when loads of them are mined up and the joke starts getting a little old, what next? Probably move to the next fun-coin.

DarkCoin: From what I can see the only altcoin that isn't a copypasta job. It's own algorithm, and it's anonymous. And that fact ALONE appeals to a very large number of people who have lots of money to pump in. Seriously, if the darkside decide to adopt this coin instead of BTC... Fucking BOOM! Doge you can have your moon, we're going to the sun. Even if that doesn't happen it's doing pretty damn well for its self. Not to mention how efficient it is on our GPU's (since DRK got me in to mining I've done a hell of a lot of experimenting with other crypto's too).

DRK is the first altcoin I haven't initially shook my head at. It's the first crypto I've had an actual interest in other than BTC, and it's the coin that's got me interested in mining. I've even invested in a dedi-mining rig, can't wait till the bits arrive. Obviously, this is a gamble because if it doesn't take off and/or the devs/early adopters dump the shit out of it I'm fucked. But I love a gamble.

I don't do much posting on crypto related sites(that's probably gonna change), but I'm pretty much a daily lurker I've been around here since BTC was worth about £4.

Great coin and great potential! Just found out about this coin yesterday, can anyone help me out to start? Thanks.

Xe4MHbA4Mjfvun1JxFzc8MrpwoU9C17x74

Just sent a little 100 DRK to start you off! Good luck.
Holy shit o.O... ME NEXT, ME NEXT! Tongue
EDIT: Shit, forgot my address: XqERmkpcJ9hXZJs5wtqC2bEPiV2LfSg5a5

Anyway I didn't expect that to be so long, just wanted to say a big thanks to the devs of this coin for bringing something special and actually innovative to the coin wurld.

Ended up going off on one.

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
cannonfodder

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:17:37 AM

low prise on poloniex

Good for those buying. I had a lowball buy order placed @ .0013. Pleasantly surprised to see it filled. My thanks to the sellers.  Grin
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:20:25 AM

I bought some bitcoin years ago, cashed out well short of what I could have and regret it all the time. Darkcoin has now gotten my attention. Sadly I don't have any money to invest.  Cry

I've been telling my friends about Darkcoin and trying to get people interested. If it does become the first truly anonymous coin, I think it will take off.  That's a game-changer.

Anyone feeling generous enough to help get me started on this wave? I will invest time and energy to spread awareness!

Mining this coin is like a dream! I sleep like a baby while running PC next to me.

wow...ahem please?

Thought that would come off as a joke but apparently I've attracted the beggars now, 3 in a matter of minutes. How are you people different from beggars in the street, seriously? If this was Dogecoin I'd send a 100 doge easily, but that's like 14 cents worth of crypto and IMO the perfect amount to get someone started when they don't know about crypto and want to get into it. Sob stories on the internet on the other hand? You clearly already know about crypto and are now asking for a handout that you don't deserve at all. Not every cryptocurrency has to have a tip bot and people giving it all away to imitate dogecoin...

Lol lol lol

I also sent to all 3. 10,000 DRK.
Hope you ll use them wisely...
TingCoin

Activity: 720

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:22:46 AM

wow...ahem please?

Lol lol lol

I also sent to all 3. 10,000 DRK.
Hope you ll use them wisely...

I'm not sure I believe this kind of generosity exists Tongue

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
Armando

Activity: 870

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:26:21 AM

And no one sent me my millions  Cry
Ximp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:50:35 AM

Sending 2 million to each address. Got to spread the wealth!
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:57:45 AM

Any profit calculators of this coin?
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154

Coinoholic

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:09:57 AM

Jeez anybody want to help me out with a few thousand dark? haha

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
balsi

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:10:53 AM

Great coin and great potential! Just found out about this coin yesterday, can anyone help me out to start? Thanks.

Xe4MHbA4Mjfvun1JxFzc8MrpwoU9C17x74

Just sent a little 100 DRK to start you off! Good luck.

Didn't receive any. Thanks for the effort  Undecided
vindipanda

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:15:22 AM

I am still rather new to cryptocurrencies, are there any exchanges that allow you to buy btc with a credit card, or even go directly to DRK?
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:17:01 AM

Just mined 8 dark today! Feeling like a boss, to the dark side of the moon!!
blueforever

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:18:42 AM

pool.darkcoin.io just died or something.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:23:30 AM

I see a lot of people complaining about the reward structure, and a lot of people defending it.  The way I see it is, you're on one of two sides, you're either on the early adopter side, or the ...later to the game side (although still early) it's a very young coin.

If you're early, you like the reward structure, equation, if you're less early you don't, simple as.  It's easy to come along when the coin has value on the exchanges, it's another thing to have faith or hope in a coin before it has any value at all.  If you put your time and resources into it when you could potentially make nothing back, you deserve to be rewarded.

I'm glad to say I have been with this coin since very early, when it was still called Xcoin.  I have been very impressed with the dev, he is clearly a very smart guy.  I have seen other coins die or fall apart after different forks etc, his went very smooth.

He added the gravity well after the whales came over.  The coin was originally CPU only, but it was only a matter of time till the GPU came along, just as with bitcoin, but on a much faster timeline.  We're all bitter we weren't mining bitcoin way back in the CPU days (also when it had no real value).  It's been the same with Darkcoin, just on a hugely accelerated timeline.

Every coin from Bitcoin to dogecoin has the difficulty factor which makes it progressively harder, Darkcoin is the same, the changes to the reward were put into protect the value of the coin with the new GPU miner coming along.

At the end of the day, the survival of the coin, and maintaining its value is of uptomost importance.  Yes the benefits the early adopters more, but thats the same with anycoin.

I just wish I was mining the coin properly, I had just one VPS instance mining away, where I could of had 4+ plus my laptop etc.... oh well.

Oh yeah, I have no plans on dumping this coin.  Darkcoin is HUGE potential, I'm not letting it go annnnyyy time soon, that's for sure.

Ditto, ditto, ditto and, is there another ditto there?  LOL  I REALLY wish I knew about renting machine on azure and amazon, but I was still wet behind the ears, learning what all this was about, and frankly could only absorb so much at a time Sad  But it's been an amazing experience here!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
eizh

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:26:07 AM

Sending 2 million to each address. Got to spread the wealth!

Twice the current supply of this coin. We have someone from the future! New feature of DRK: time travel. Tongue
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:30:30 AM

how many DRK does everyone hold?  only 110 here.

When they reach 10$ each, that will buy some nice anonymous butt plugs in the mail.
'think it will get that high?

Well in my mind they can reach 5$ easily once darksend is implemented,if the developers stick to it and reach their goals, who knows after that. The best thing would be for this bitcoin situation with MTGOX to be resolved for people to regain a feeling of trust in cryptos. You can see the reactions of people holding coins like vert, they know their coin is only marginally better than other clones out there in terms of features. They have a nice logo and some nice devs, good to have for sure but they offer nothing more than other cryptos.

Look at this post by a guy called David Seaman, holding his fair share of vertcoin and doing his part to hype it.

"Let DarkCoin take the shady creeper nicher" he says. The same shady creeper niche that bitcoin had a while ago ? Much higher ambitions? I mean come on, vert is amongst the better clones since they do take themselves seriously, but their main feature is still ASIC resistance... that does nothing for me, it's so easily implemented in various ways. In reality they see darkcoin gaining on them without even trying and are now declaring themselves to be 'clean' money for the regular people.

Here's maxcoins graph

Here's vertcoin

Pump it up enough and people dump it like any other crap.

Now look at darkcoin

It had almost no hype and when it did get a bit, it found a new floor really quickly and is continuing to grow steadily. It will get another bump soon and everytime is likely to find a higher floor unlike max and vert for example. People may really believe in vert (or max?) but in reality it feels like most of the userbase is in it for the money grab and will dump asap.

This is my opinion, not fact. Thanks.

You got it all spot on. Vertcoin is no contender for darkcoin the only real contender atm is anoncoin ;/

great graphs, I concur as well.  But I don't see anoncoin as being much of a threat if they're using a mixing service.  Maybe I don't understand how they obfuscate their transactions, but using any centralized source would make me uncomfortable.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: