Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:09:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:06:11 AM

Hi all!
Another noob here... name's Ron.
I'm bummed I just this week started investigating crypto$ because I might have been able to get a lot more of these DRKs!  Cry But, oh well.
CPU mining about a tenth of a coin a day!  (i7 870) - Just ordered a R9 270 to replace my old GeForce (I'm poor).

So anyway... I've done graphics for years and when I saw the promotion stuff mentioned I started working on a 3D DarkCoin. I was disappointed to see that the promo team isn't interested in this but here's a few picks of the initial stages I may or may not get back to...

Of course you are welcome to contribute to my well being and time. Smiley

DRK donations: XpQZscB95M63vBewcyBWe9hgj4nMhBWi69

holy crap that looks amazing!
HammerHedd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 04:06:31 AM

Hi all!
I'm bummed I just this week started investigating crypto$ because I might have been able to get a lot more of these DRKs!  Cry But, oh well.
CPU mining about a tenth of a coin a day!  (i7 870) - Just ordered a R9 270 to replace my old GeForce (I'm poor).

So anyway... I've done graphics for years and when I saw the promotion stuff mentioned I started working on a 3D DarkCoin. I was disappointed to see that the promo team isn't interested in this but here's a few picks of the initial stages I may or may not get back to...

Welcome to the party, Ron!

That's some great work... I wonder where we can get it to work into the overall picture.

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:14:50 AM

Hi all!

Nice ! I like the silver one.
baokychen

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:30:40 AM

Anyone interested in Joint Venture Dice game for DRK coin ?
Pm me if you wanna invest some DRK coin to start gambling game for DRK coin. I will fill you up with more details. No scam involves, I done setup for 2 ALT coin so far.

I provide hosting, coding, setup, script.

Rev sharing system 40% : 60% (you)
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:31:10 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

The problem is that the software will accept blocks that are timestamped earlier than previous blocks, (for good reasons) up to the median timestamp of the previous 11.  

Kgw counts these as very fast blocks and adjusts the difficulty up by its 20% maximum.  Once.   But you can use that once to roll the timestamp back after five blocks that are long enough to drive the difficulty 20%lower each.  

So the exploit is to start mining your own block chain, time stamping several blocks into the future far enough to get the maximum downward adjustment of difficulty each time.  Then jump backwards in time getting the maximum upward difficulty once.  Rinse, repeat,  and your chain gets ridiculous low difficulty and you mine a whole lot of blocks while advancing your timestamp not much further than the main chain.

When the time in the main block chain catches up, you release your own chain and force a reorganization, which allocates to you all the coins mined for the last umpty ump blocks.

goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:56:04 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

The problem is that the software will accept blocks that are timestamped earlier than previous blocks, (for good reasons) up to the median timestamp of the previous 11.  

Kgw counts these as very fast blocks and adjusts the difficulty up by its 20% maximum.  Once.   But you can use that once to roll the timestamp back after five blocks that are long enough to drive the difficulty 20%lower each.  

So the exploit is to start mining your own block chain, time stamping several blocks into the future far enough to get the maximum downward adjustment of difficulty each time.  Then jump backwards in time getting the maximum upward difficulty once.  Rinse, repeat,  and your chain gets ridiculous low difficulty and you mine a whole lot of blocks while advancing your timestamp not much further than the main chain.

When the time in the main block chain catches up, you release your own chain and force a reorganization, which allocates to you all the coins mined for the last umpty ump blocks.

Thank you for responding . . I send a msg to BitcoinEXpress and then started looking at last posts and was actually gonna send you a message next. But it looks like you beat me to it.

I'm seeing the regular drops to sub 150 difficulty . . in conjunction with 800 difficulty . .

but using the logic you put in your post, can this be used to get to a 10k difficulty?

Could this also explain the increase in recorded orphaned blocks?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 04:58:44 AM

I would imagine the answers would be: yes, yes and yes

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 04:59:50 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

I'm in the process of rewriting KGW for our purposes. I've spend a few hours thoroughly going through the code and I think I can come up with a better implementation that doesn't have these kind of problems. DarkGravity?  Grin

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
goin2mars

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:00:47 AM

I would imagine the answers would be: yes, yes and yes

Me too, but I like the way Cryddit is willing to explain how this happens instead of just saying yes.
goin2mars

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:01:59 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

I'm in the process of rewriting KGW for our purposes. I've spend a few hours thoroughly going through the code and I think I can come up with a better implementation that doesn't have these kind of problems. DarkGravity?  Grin

Nice! On top as usual!
DieCommieScum

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:04:14 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:11:30 AM

Dark Energy!  Repulsive force - repels multipools and whales.
aNTi-Vlact

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:12:33 AM

The kgw exploit is real.

One coin(BTC) to rule them all,

One coin to premine them;

One coin to bring them all,

And in the darkness bind them.

I just wanted to bring this up from our good friend slyA. Ahhh, memories....

DRK - XtBWLQg59NC74oAWf4cA8WNJ7oVHdLenWM
http://qoinpro.com/c8a74da12efdfdcfa9b3b4c19c2e8042
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:15:30 AM

Hi all!

And this is why we should take logo design to 99designs.  You don't know that a better design exists until you see it.
P2PHash

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:22:39 AM

Now with Cryptsy price displayed Smiley
Address: drk.p2phash.com

P2Pool benefits:

* No registration required
* Distributed hashrate
* Immediate payouts after a block is found
* Higher payouts with transaction fees paid to miners
* No account hack possible

Fee: only 0.5%
Start mining within seconds! Just point your miner to p2phash.com:7903 and use the Darkcoin address from your wallet for username, the password doesn't matter.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:25:40 AM

And this is why we should take logo design to 99designs.  You don't know that a better design exists until you see it.

Agree on the 99designs comment.

The above 3d renders looks really nice, not usable for a logo but great for a stock article image for the press or somesuch. I'm sure it'll get used. Can we get high res copies of each minus the watermark?

We don't have a bounty for any art the community generates outside of vectorised logos, so feel free to create whatever you like and the community will donate if they like it & are feeling generous.

5 DRK sent to the artist.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:29:33 AM

just started on dark, i do like it already, abit of a pain to setup at the start, but works really well and can cpu mine alongside with no drop in hashrates.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:31:55 AM

Pm me if you wanna invest some DRK coin to start gambling game for DRK coin. I will fill you up with more details. No scam involves, I done setup for 2 ALT coin so far.

Do people want to add a bounty for this? If so, how much?

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
DieCommieScum

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:36:05 AM

I wonder if we could get Dooglus to do it similar to Just-Dice and Doge-Dice, I think thats the most popular model as its both investor/bettor friendly. A well run dice site requires a lot of trust since the house needs substantial funds.

I'd invest 1000 to the house if Dooglus did Dark-Dice
rickraw

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:42:56 AM

I wonder if we could get Dooglus to do it similar to Just-Dice and Doge-Dice, I think thats the most popular model as its both investor/bettor friendly. A well run dice site requires a lot of trust since the house needs substantial funds.

I'd invest 1000 to the house if Dooglus did Dark-Dice

I'd also invest if there was a trusted way to put forth the funds.

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: