Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:57:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 [7008] 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
lightbit

Activity: 343
Merit: 78

⚠️ CRYPTOPIA.IN ⚠️

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2023, 08:08:15 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2023, 06:00:55 PM by lightbit

I am happy to announce that Dash (DASH) is now listed on https://cryptopia.in/

You can read an article about it here: https://cryptopia.in/dash/

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 🗲🗲🗲  Cryptopia  🗲🗲🗲 ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Get your Crypto Project listed now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 23, 2023, 03:08:14 PM

What is going on guys? I cant make a transaction. That was a shock, but when I got here, there was another shock none talking about our dear coin from 3rd may. Where is everyone?
terciduk123

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2023, 05:21:32 PM

What is going on guys? I cant make a transaction. That was a shock, but when I got here, there was another shock none talking about our dear coin from 3rd may. Where is everyone?

Perhaps it happened because of the block production halt on the Dash blockchain. you can see a tweet from Samuel Westrich CTO of Dash Core Group.

"There was a problem during v19 activation of Dash Core. The chain is stalled and currently not producing blocks. We have everyone investigating the issue. I will continue with updates on Twitter as we have more information."

*https://twitter.com/SamWestrich/status/1660513873546596354
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 05:18:42 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2023, 04:54:35 PM by qwizzie
Merited by aleix (1)

To all Dash Partners: Urgent Action Required - Update to Dash Protocol v19.1.0 to Address Recent Issue

Dear Dash Partners,

As you may already be aware, an issue has been identified in the Dash network which came to a halt on May 22 at block #1874879. We understand the importance of maintaining a stable and secure network, and we are taking immediate action to address this matter.
New blocks have been consistently produced since approximately 2000 UTC on May 22.. In light of this situation, we strongly advise you to upgrade Dash Core without delay. Currently, over 75% of the network has already upgraded, and this number is rapidly increasing.
To ensure seamless functionality and to align with the majority of the network, it is imperative that you take the following actions immediately:
Visit the official Dash GitHub repository at https://github.com/dashpay/dash/releases/tag/v19.1.0 to access the latest version, v19.1.0.
Review the release notes and documentation provided on the GitHub page to familiarize yourself with the changes and improvements introduced in this version.
Follow the installation and update instructions provided in the documentation to implement the necessary changes to your Dash infrastructure.
Please note that failure to update to the v19.1.0 protocol version may result in disruptions to your mining operations and potential vulnerabilities in the network's security.
We strongly urge you to prioritize this update to ensure the stability and integrity of the Dash blockchain.

If you require any assistance or have any questions regarding the update process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@dash.org. We are here to provide guidance and support during this critical time.
If you are not the appropriate contact person for technical inquiries within your organization, we kindly request that you forward this communication to the relevant team. Please remember to copy us on the email so that we can provide any necessary assistance.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter. By working together, we can swiftly address the issue and restore normal operations on the Dash blockchain.

Sincerely,
Dash Core Team

Source : https://www.dash.org/forum/index.php?threads/to-all-dash-partners-urgent-action-required-update-to-dash-protocol-v19-1-0-to-address-recent-issue.53743/#post-234703

The activation of Dash Core v19.0.0 has been postponed untill at the earliest 6th of July 2023 (through release of Dash Core v19.1 / hotfix)
Expect a Dash Core version 19.2 (that will actually fix the issues that caused the Dash blockchain halt), before the 6th of July 2023.

Keep an eye on Dash Social Media, for the upcoming release of Dash Core v19.2

Once Dash Core v19 has been activated (hopefully 6th of July 2023, i expect two months of testing before release of Dash Core v20 (Dash Platform) to Dash Mainnet.
Currently the release of Dash Platform to Dash Mainnet looks like this :

Roll Out / Release of Dash Platform to Dash Mainnet : August 2023 (could be delayed due to the postponed Dash Core v19.0.0 activation)
Dash Platform Activation : September 2023
DashPay Launch : October 2023

Above could be subject to change.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2023, 05:28:14 AM

To all Dash Partners: Urgent Action Required - Update to Dash Protocol v19.1.0 to Address Recent Issue

Source : https://www.dash.org/forum/index.php?threads/to-all-dash-partners-urgent-action-required-update-to-dash-protocol-v19-1-0-to-address-recent-issue.53743/#post-234703

The activation of Dash Core v19.0.0 has been postponed untill the 14th of June 2023 (through release of Dash Core v19.1 / hotfix)
Expect a Dash Core version 19.2 (that will actually fix the issues that caused the Dash blockchain halt), before the 14th of June 2023.

qwizzie, welcome back.

I missed you a lot and happy to see you return here. Honestly over the last two years, with the pandemic and your disappearance I imagined of something not too good with your health. I hoped you are well and today, very happy to see you again.

In the past, you are the most active member who supported DASH and gave helpful technical posts about DASH. I much appreciated your posts about DASH.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 05:32:37 AM

The activation of Dash Core v19.0.0 has been postponed untill the 14th of June 2023 (through release of Dash Core v19.1 / hotfix)
Expect a Dash Core version 19.2 (that will actually fix the issues that caused the Dash blockchain halt), before the 14th of June 2023.

qwizzie, welcome back.

I missed you a lot and happy to see you return here. Honestly over the last two years, with the pandemic and your disappearance I imagined of something not too good with your health. I hoped you are well and today, very happy to see you again.

In the past, you are the most active member who supported DASH and gave helpful technical posts about DASH. I much appreciated your posts about DASH.

Thank you for your warm words, feels good to be back  Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2023, 09:05:07 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2023, 04:52:02 PM by qwizzie

The problem that caused the Dash blockchain to halt has been linked to BLS signatures, so Dash Core v19.2 will most likely focus on fixing things with regards to BLS.

Update : https://medium.com/dash-org/dash-network-update-79544025c611

While operating under very stressful circumstances, there was some internal miscommunication regarding the new activation date for the v19 hard fork. Some previous communication mentioned June 14 as the v19 activation date; however, the patch provided in Dash Core v19.1.0 changed the start time of the v19 activation process to June 14. This results in the earliest activation being on July 6 after completing the typical lock-in period. The v19.1.0 release notes communicated a start date on June 14th with the earliest activation being 2 weeks later.

Number of masternodes updated to Dash Core v19.1 (hotfix) : 92.9%
Source : https://www.dashninja.pl/deterministic-masternodes.html

Status of miners updated to Dash Core v19.1 unclear to me right now, Dashninja.pl needs to do an update to Dash Core v19.1 to show
the miners part of Dashninja.pl correctly again (https://www.dashninja.pl/blocks.html)

Update : owner of Dashninja.pl just confirmed he has updated to v19.1 and is now reindexing his nodes.

Sporadic ChainLocks are forming already, expect full Chainlocks/InstantSend soon. The Dash network has been declared as stable by Dash Core Group.
When full ChainLocks/InstandSend is achieved, there will be finality to all Dash transactions again.

I can't link to imgur right now to show screenshots or pictures, hopefully that gets restored soon for me by a moderator
(side-effect of having been absence for so long on this forum i guess).

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2023, 12:03:19 PM

Dash Platform & Core Development Update - 2023 May 30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dACDhgztzUw

ETA : 2 hours

This update will also go into details about the Dash blockchain stall from a week ago.

xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 03, 2023, 03:27:13 PM

Dash Core Group CTO Sam Westrich comes on the Dash Podcast to talk the Dash chain halt, the new EvoNode release, and more.

https://youtu.be/EpXYkb7Nc7M

Cool Cool Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
broadhurst

Activity: 159
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 10, 2023, 07:37:55 PM

Dash Core Group CTO Sam Westrich comes on the Dash Podcast to talk the Dash chain halt, the new EvoNode release, and more.

7000 pages of masternode technobabble resulting in a terrible investment for anyone that wasted their money investing in dash.
xkcdd

Activity: 214
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 11, 2023, 07:30:41 AM

7000 pages of masternode technobabble resulting in a terrible investment for anyone that wasted their money investing in dash.

You just got out?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 20, 2023, 10:53:38 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2023, 01:05:05 AM by toknormal

I have multiple masternodes.
Fu what vile admins in the Russian group in telegrams.
Didn't get a clear answer. Empty nonsense.
Got a ban for the truth
All my adequate proposals are rejected, and DCG has no ideas how to restore the price of the coin.
For 5 years, the salary invested in DASH has fallen in price by 50 times.
Over the next 5 years, the price of the DASH coin in the bear market is likely to be less than $1.

It is still a very good coin with massive potential.

In my view that potential is being heavily throttled by one small aspect of its governance which is its Achilles heel - namely that masternode owners perceived benefit is in conflict with their actual benefit.

Their perceived benefit = how much Dash per week they receive for free from the blockchain
Their actual benefit  = how much the wider market (non Dash holders) values that benefit

Masternode holders are getting pain from the wider market because their rewards never matched their contribution to the network (the cost of hosting a node) and so the wider market tanked the value of their rewards in dollar value accordingly, realising that it was an unsustainable model compared to bitcoin where nodes are hosted at no cost to the network. (To any investor, cost of running the network is in inverse proportion to return on investment).

From a marketcap perspective, the problem with Dash protocol is that you are required to hold 1000 Dash to obtain those rewards so the wider market is unable to revalue Dash rewards without tanking the entire marketcap of Dash. Masternode holders are required to bear this pain in a higher proportion to most so their dollar value of capital loss wipes out the dollar value of any rewards they receive.

The way to address this issue, keep Dash alive, investable as a store of value and still offer healthy profit for masternodes IMO is to (for example):

1. Decouple the reward basis from the collateral and make it dynamic so that the reward could be valued independently (by the non Dash-holding market) thereby protecting the price from the dumping of "free Dash" that was never bought in the primary market (i.e. "mined") and returning its store-of-value properties to a performance equivalent to bitcoin while outperforming bitcoin on network services and convenience

or

2. Reduce the reward (in Dash terms) to a level commensurate with the cost of operating a masternode, thereby restricting the flow of Dash to exchanges propelled by near 100% profit taking. (Miners cannot gain anywhere near that level of reward from selling. Masternodes can).

This would arrest our marketcap depreciation by restricting supply to only:

A: miners who have to "purchase" it in the primary market straight from the blockchain
B: masternodes who have to "purchase" it in the primary market by providing network services commensurate with their reward, albeit at a profit level around parity with miners
C: secondary market buyers who can only "purchase" it from either of the primary buyers above

That is a tight model that outsiders (non Dash holders) might be interested in investing in.

However until that fact is acknowledged by Dash insiders we are headed for Page 2 and from there destination Peercoin. Rapidly plummeting to oblivion with everyone trying to get out.

========================================================

People who, in the past challenged my view pointed to proof of stake models in the context of "they do it so why can't we ?"

There is a very simple answer to why we can't do it which requires recourse to ancient monetary models. Most (surviving) POS chains have on chain sinks. i.e. the the blockchain token is valued on the basis of the volume or projected volume of ON-CHAIN services that chain will provide. (Because it's the on-chain services that consum the tokens, not off chain secondary markets where one buyer values the token higher than an existing holder. While that type of valuation is going on at the moment, it's speculative based on the future demand for ON-CHAIN services). So POS is basically the blockchain equivalent of buying a stock in a business thats here today, gone tomorrow.

Bitcoin on the other hand does not provide on chain services. It's digital gold and its value works the OPPOSITE way around from POS. i.s. it's a digital rock that is rare, sits in a vault and does nothing. Dash follows from that by turning gold nuggets into gold coins that are easier to trade but hold their value as well as bitcoin. It even inherits bitcoin protocol.

Dash therefore is not, was never and will never be a Proof of Stake coin because its original design was optimised around conserving the store of value properties of bitcoin while making it more nimble to transact. Only it can do this, in particular, because it has heritage, is original in its field and was born in the 5-year altcoin "nebula" that makes it rare.

But we throw this advantage away by trying to turn it into a POS chain. The protocol right now is like tying a lead weight to an eagle in terms of store of value. It will tank to oblivion no matter how many services are offered because if potential investors are only interested in services (rather than investing) there are a myriad of here today, gone tomorrow chains they can use.

Therefore, to survive, Dash has to have recourse to one of the approaches cited in the paragraph above to reflate its marketcap.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
June 27, 2023, 07:57:13 AM

The first database to support cryptographic proofs for complex queries
Built by the developers of DASH

https://www.grovedb.org

https://github.com/dashpay/grovedb/releases/tag/v1.0.0-rc.1

Hierarchical Authenticated Data Structure with Efficient Secondary Index Queries
GroveDB is a database system designed specifically for efficient secondary index queries, proofs, speed, and reliability. It was built for use within Dash Platform, but can be easily integrated into other applications for similar use.
Moshen

Activity: 147
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 30, 2023, 03:53:52 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Why reduce the reward for miners while elitising masternode owners. A big lump of feces can be pasted in the middle of this business model and no one would tell the difference between poop and this strategy in the form it is outlined above. Miners would converge into big cartels and riot rumbustiously with aggressive demands to make their reward commensurate to the quantity of sweat they spent minting the coins.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 01, 2023, 07:48:16 PM

Why reduce the reward for miners while elitising masternode owners. A big lump of feces can be pasted in the middle of this business model and no one would tell the difference between poop and this strategy in the form it is outlined above. Miners would converge into big cartels and riot rumbustiously with aggressive demands to make their reward commensurate to the quantity of sweat they spent minting the coins.

I think it may be starting to sink in why we call the fools still holding this hot garbage "Dashtards".

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Alexey45

Activity: 204
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2023, 10:54:35 AM

DASH MasterNode 4000
19/19   4k MNs (Total/Enabled)
xbtlife

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2023, 05:32:30 PM

Current DCG and first time investors have destroyed Dash.

Project is hijacked and as anyone can see, slowly dying.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2023, 01:52:51 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2023, 02:15:04 PM by qwizzie
Merited by aleix (1)

Dash Core v19 successfully activated on 6th of July 2023.
Evo Nodes have been popping up a few days later.
Currently there are 27 Evo Nodes operating on the Dash Network (you can either use the Dash Core wallet or the Dash Masternode Tool to view them).
In Dash Masternode Tool (DMT) it looks like this : https://i.imgur.com/29YaxPM.jpg

Those Evo Nodes will gradually over time most likely increase towards some 400 Evo Nodes. This will also cause the active number of 1K masternodes (currently 3350)
to drop, as MNO's will start converting their 4 masternodes to 1 Evo Node.  

Each Evo Node get 4x masternode reward and can vote 4x
Each Evo Node needs to have a collateral of 4000 dash.
Currently with Dash Core v19 Evo Nodes do not need to support Dash Platform (L2), they only need to support the Dash Network (L1)

Dash Testnet is on Platform v0.24, while devs work on both Platform v0.24 (with Javacript) and Platform v0.25 (Javascript stripped out of, to increase Platform performance)  
Devs are also working on Dash Core v20 in Dash Github (Develop branche)

Most likely Dash Platform will launch on Mainnet with Platform v0.25 (better Platform performance & more bug fixes) and with Dash Core v20
When Dash Core v20 activates on Mainnet, Evo Nodes will be required to update, so that they can support both L1 (Dash network) and L2 (Platform)
Instead of receiving 4x masternode rewards, they get only 1x masternode reward and rest of their masternode rewards will then come from Platform in the form of Credits
(which can be converted to dash).

You can follow the Dash Platform and Core Development Updates on Youtube (every 14 days, search on Youtube for 'Dash Platform and Core Development Update') to see the progress
on Dash Platform and on Dash Core v20 on Testnet / Dashpay Github.

Pang.

Activity: 257
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 18, 2023, 03:12:13 PM

Well, once again we were right when we said that Dash would leave the top 100, we now have it at 105 in coingecko.

The bad thing is not being at 105, the bad thing is that we have not stopped falling for years.

They say that the market is sovereign and in the long term it is never wrong, in the case of Dash, it hurts to see reality, but it is what we have.

Even the joke of BSV or ETC, they sweep us in capitalization.

I guess at the time we didn't get big whales to position themselves on Dash, and now we just have a price that bleeds and no one argues because no one knows Dash anymore.

who going to buy a coin located in position 105, that does not stop declining, and that has proven to be not a good way to invest?

Better to safeguard wealth by investing in BTC, ETH, or even the centralized joke of XRP, where whales take care of their investors.

I continue with my master node that I said I would not sell, and it continues to be so. Worse, thank goodness that at the time I diversified and sent part of my Dash to physical gold.

Remember when I commented that we should use the DIF to buy gold?...it seems that they were not interested in giving each Dash an intrinsic value in gold. Today each Dash could have an intrinsic value of about $20 if they had listened to me, but they preferred to send funds to Venezuela, where they don't even know what Dash is anymore.

It is clear that the MN do not know how to vote, and that the transcendental decisions on the economy should not fall on people who know little or nothing about investing and making profits.

On the other hand, I have been hearing for years that EVO is ready, and the only thing that is ready is the demolition of Dash.

I'm sure that somewhere a man named Ryan is laughing over a drink sitting on a pile of very honestly earned money running DCG.

We have what we deserve, don't forget that.

Is it too late?... We are about the point of no return, and you all know it.

Regards and good luck
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 19, 2023, 01:39:10 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2023, 03:56:53 PM by Hueristic

We have what we deserve, don't forget that.

Is it too late?... We are about the point of no return, and you all know it.

Regards and good luck

Since the day evan took the ninja mine and sold out the miners this was inevitable, since then nothing but scammers have run this coin.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 ... 6958 6959 6960 6961 6962 6963 6964 6965 6966 6967 6968 6969 6970 6971 6972 6973 6974 6975 6976 6977 6978 6979 6980 6981 6982 6983 6984 6985 6986 6987 6988 6989 6990 6991 6992 6993 6994 6995 6996 6997 6998 6999 7000 7001 7002 7003 7004 7005 7006 7007 [7008] 7009 7010 7011 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: