Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 [1699] 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722511 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:18:14 PM

Well, the person who stole my account as surfaced.  I just took a periodic look.  Looks like they're Turkish (posted in a Turkish forum) and they are trying to sell things.  I've posted not to trust them, and reported them, but BCT never answered my inquiries before so I have no hope they'll help me now.

Yes, it was my fault, not a good password....

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:19:52 PM

Why is Darkcoin so valuable?

Let me give you a business analogy to try an see if I can make it more clear as to why Darkcoin is so valuable.   When you think about miners, difficulty, etc, you are thinking too hi in the supply chain. In my mind the miners are part of the "manufacturing" of the product(the coin), so by solving the problems of the miners you are solving manufacturing issues, which is good but in this times is not the key factor, then you have the exchanges and traders which in my mind are one level below in the supply chain they are part of the "distribution channels" the mission of the "distributors" is to spread the coin and promote adoption, buy for x / sell for y and keep a profit, facilitate the exchange and keep a commission in the case of exchanges. And then you have the "consumer" the end user and modern business dictates that we should focus on the needs of the end user of the product. Other coins like Vertcoin focuses on the miners, in my mind a coin like Blackcoin is self-contained and focuses on the investors (PoS), same with most coins, they really don’t offer anything to the consumer that Bitcoin (the market leader) does not offer, they don’t have good differentiators or added value from the perspective of the consumer.  

Now what is something that Bitcoin does not have but people desperately want? Privacy!  And that is where Darkcoin comes in, it offers something valuable to the consumer and they will use it. Merchant adoption will take time for Darkcoin, but that doesn’t matter, Darkcoin offers new things unrelated to retail: store of value, a way for other coins to anonymize transactions e.g. you have Bitcoins you change for Darkcoins send to a different address then buy Bitcoins again you are done. So Darkcoin is private banking for cryptos.

The coin is of really good quality all around, new algorithm X11 for which Asics will come a lot later in the coins life allowing it to develop as opposed to killing it in the crib. Scarcity and a very nice deflation model making it ideal for long term investment and as a store of value. Added value for the end users beyond what Bitcoin offers through its privacy features, and most importantly a world class development team that has shown transparency, creativity and competence that will continue developing new features and strengthening the coin.  So in my mind, if Cryptocurrencies don’t disappear (and I don’t think they will disappear) Darkcoin will be a high value product with private banking applications.  AlexGR made a nice metal analogy where Darkcoin would be platinum.  So keep your coins safe as they will be worth a lot more in the future.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:19:55 PM

Bitcoin is possibly moon bound after this....fresh out in the last couple of hours.

http://video.c[Suspicious link removed]m/gallery/?video=3000281677

BitCoin at PayPal, it's the holy grail...

not just btc....

"there's no doubt digital currency is going to play an important role going forward, and at paypal, we're going to have to integrate digital currencies into our wallet."

I wonder how much they'll end up charging for a virtually free service, LOL

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:23:23 PM

Let me give you a business analogy to try an see if I can make it more clear as to why Darkcoin is so valuable.   When you think about miners, difficulty, etc, you are thinking too hi in the supply chain. In my mind the miners are part of the "manufacturing" of the product(the coin), so by solving the problems of the miners you are solving manufacturing issues, which is good but in this times is not the key factor, then you have the exchanges and traders which in my mind are one level below in the supply chain they are part of the "distribution channels" the mission of the "distributors" is to spread the coin and promote adoption, buy for x / sell for y and keep a profit, facilitate the exchange and keep a commission in the case of exchanges. And then you have the "consumer" the end user and modern business dictates that we should focus on the needs of the end user of the product. Other coins like Vertcoin focuses on the miners, in my mind a coin like Blackcoin is self-contained and focuses on the investors (PoS), same with most coins, they really don’t offer anything to the consumer that Bitcoin (the market leader) does not offer, they don’t have good differentiators or added value from the perspective of the consumer.  

Now what is something that Bitcoin does not have but people desperately want? Privacy!  And that is where Darkcoin comes in, it offers something valuable to the consumer and they will use it. Merchant adoption will take time for Darkcoin, but that doesn’t matter, Darkcoin offers new things unrelated to retail: store of value, a way for other coins to anonymize transactions e.g. you have Bitcoins you change for Darkcoins send to a different address then buy Bitcoins again you are done. So Darkcoin is private banking for cryptos.

The coin is of really good quality all around, new algorithm X11 for which Asics will come a lot later in the coins life allowing it to develop as opposed to killing it in the crib. Scarcity and a very nice deflation model making it ideal for long term investment and as a store of value. Added value for the end users beyond what Bitcoin offers through its privacy features, and most importantly a world class development team that has shown transparency, creativity and competence that will continue developing new features and strengthening the coin.  So in my mind, if Cryptocurrencies don’t disappear (and I don’t think they will disappear) Darkcoin will be a high value product with private banking applications.  AlexGR made a nice metal analogy where Darkcoin would be platinum.  So keep your coins safe as they will be worth a lot more in the future.

Very well said Smiley

Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:23:47 PM

Bitcoin is possibly moon bound after this....fresh out in the last couple of hours.

http://video.c[Suspicious link removed]m/gallery/?video=3000281677

BitCoin at PayPal, it's the holy grail...

Sent to my Mommy.  She still thinks it's all crazy and nobody will take it seriously, LOL

It's funny you should say that...  A few months ago my Father saw what I was doing in the shed with 5 rigs, he saw a report on Australian television that basically said BitCoin is the future of money... He came to me and wanted in...  Between us we spent some of our savings on 30 rigs, some BTC ASICS and decked out a warehouse...

We were just going to instamine and collect BTC, then my spidey sensors tingled when I saw massive volumes for DRK on Cryptsy and said to myself "What is this DarkCoin???"

I saw how unprofitable DRK was to instamine yet it still had such a religious following... Then it clicked, the fact DRK wasn't profitable to instamine, makes it incredibly profitable if you have the balls to believe... I read the ANN post cover to cover and was satisfied the DRK team know how to run a successful project...

So my Father, expecting BTC to fall from the sky with 30+ rigs, was wondering why I slowly but surely consolidating our position mainly on DRK... (He just doesn't get it, and never will)...

So today the rent bill was due for the warehouse and I encouraged him to use our Fiat to pay for it, he said "No, you have so many DRK, sell your bl00dy DarkCoin it could crash at any minute..."

He didn't budge and we got into a massive argument...

As of tonight, we are no longer business partners...(Don't worry, we still love each other)...

If Jesus himself came to me and offered me a place in heaven for the price of 1 DarkCoin, I wouldn't pay...

This coin is the one ladies an gents, accumulate, hold, support the community and reap the rewards...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:34:34 PM

Everything you need to know about whether or not you should hold or sell is to follow what the large players are doing. Look at the top 25 wallets, excluding exchanges. If they aren't taking profits, why the hell would you? They clearly have far more capital at risk.
foolio

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:40:45 PM

prepare for the crash of the alts

I don't get this.

At Bitcoin's all time high - back in December, PPC and XPM were at 0.05 and 0.04 respectively (now much less). Litecoin was 0.03 (now 0.017).

Whenever Bitcoin declines, all the alts decline faster. Whenever Bitcoin climbs, all the alts do well since there's more money in crypto generally.

Why should be "prepare for the crash of the alts" ?

No obvious reason , of course.

Bitcoin price is going up so all the alts will follow.

I would have to agree with that for the long term (based on the past). I'm wondering though if a lot of  P&D whales are taking their money out of alts for the time being at least, and using it in the BTC/USD market more... much more liquidity, lot of big movements lately and strong uptrend could be attracting them. Perhaps why we're seeing a big drop off in volume and momentum with alts in general and otherwise prospering coins? Just a theory. I'm guessing they pumped, then they dumped, and now they are too busy with BTC/USD to pump alts more. I'm pretty new to this stuff so it's probably all wrong lol.
kanes

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:08:42 PM

the links to download wallet arent working in chrome.....in IE works Wink
rickraw

Activity: 387

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:09:15 PM

Quote from: eduffield
New binaries are up that should fix the masternode syncing problem.
Please update 9.5.4 or 10.9.4! Thanks!

(ONLY FOR TESTNET)

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/help-test-rc2-forking-issues.1009/page-14

Grin

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
foolio

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:12:01 PM

Obviously the features that DRK provides are extremely valuable, and the I applaud the project enthusiastically as well (as I would other similar projects)... but I must say your (and others') confidence of future valuation seems a little on the optimistic side. No one can say for certain what technology will end up being widely adopted for anonymity. Maybe DRK is the best contender at this point in time... even if it is, it's still no certainty that it will remain so or end up winning this game in the end. Seems as likely as not that some other tech gets adopted to fill this need and DRK fades away. I can't say the best tech is necessarily the clear winner either... mass appeal is a more important factor I would guess.

At this time, isn't price is about what the whales happen to decide to do with their money more than anything? If DRK makes it long term, then sure, it will be worth a lot. But that still seems kind of like a hefty "if" to me, and short-term, all bets are off as well because the P&Ds make it very difficult to know what will happen to price (unless you're one of them lol).

I'm both grateful and skeptical of people who provide insight and analysis. There are some smart people here, but there are also a lot of deceptive people, and people with the agenda of protecting or growing their investment, and everything they say is written for that purpose rather than being truthful.  I'm not accusing anyone of being this way, honestly I can't tell very well who is and who isn't (yeah I'm a noob), and I'm sure there is a lot of innocent exuberance as well... but I think it's good to be a little skeptical of any predictions regarding future valuation esp ones made with confidence.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:18:06 PM

At this time, isn't price is about what the whales happen to decide to do with their money more than anything? If DRK makes it long term, then sure, it will be worth a lot. But that still seems kind of like a hefty "if" to me, and short-term, all bets are off as well because the P&Ds make it very difficult to know what will happen to price (unless you're one of them lol).

That's why I said gauge what the largest stakeholders are doing with their money by looking at the top wallets (exclude exchanges). They clearly have a lot more at stake than the smaller coinholders and if they still see value in adding, there must be some sort of reason behind the madness.

I don't disagree that price is at least being manipulated to an extent, especially with the low volume dumps, but it's hard for me to decide to part with anything substantial being that the book just isn't there with available orders (that leaves me feeling uncomfortable buying back what I'd sell without price moving substantially to the upside).
bitalkpl

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:21:58 PM

foolio

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:27:50 PM

That's why I said gauge what the largest stakeholders are doing with their money by looking at the top wallets (exclude exchanges). They clearly have a lot more at stake than the smaller coinholders and if they still see value in adding, there must be some sort of reason behind the madness.

I don't disagree that price is at least being manipulated to an extent, especially with the low volume dumps, but it's hard for me to decide to part with anything substantial being that the book just isn't there with available orders (that leaves me feeling uncomfortable buying back what I'd sell without price moving substantially to the upside).

I think you make a very significant point, and I agree. So far the big holders, are well, holding. That's a good sign, enough for me to hold too. That being said I'm a bit divided about it, I certainly have no great confidence. Yes, they seem to be holding FOR NOW. I don't really think they are religious about it or anything, if they see the right indicators or lose confidence for some reason, they will dump. And if they did.....
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:33:59 PM

I think you make a very significant point, and I agree. So far the big holders, are well, holding. That's a good sign, enough for me to hold too. That being said I'm a bit divided about it, I certainly have no great confidence. Yes, they seem to be holding FOR NOW. I don't really think they are religious about it or anything, if they see the right indicators or lose confidence for some reason, they will dump. And if they did.....

I'm down about 50 BTC from buying up a large portion of the wall at .024... to put things into further perspective, if I wanted to sell say 60btc of my stash, I'd move the price down to 170 on MP, however, if for whatever reason I wanted those coins back, price would move all the way up to around 185. Let the small traders have their day, but the majority with quite a few coins, aren't trying to swing trade this. There is a ton of liquidity off the book. You saw that when 5-10k coin orders bought the book up to 190ish today. They aren't sitting with their massive buy orders on the book, they are just patiently waiting for enough orders to stack up before mowing down.
danzek

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:35:07 PM

Anonymous dark is the only dark!
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:37:21 PM

What's this movie? Cheesy
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:38:18 PM

Obviously the features that DRK provides are extremely valuable, and the I applaud the project enthusiastically as well (as I would other similar projects)... but I must say your (and others') confidence of future valuation seems a little on the optimistic side. No one can say for certain what technology will end up being widely adopted for anonymity. Maybe DRK is the best contender at this point in time... even if it is, it's still no certainty that it will remain so or end up winning this game in the end. Seems as likely as not that some other tech gets adopted to fill this need and DRK fades away. I can't say the best tech is necessarily the clear winner either... mass appeal is a more important factor I would guess.

I'm both grateful and skeptical of people who provide insight and analysis. There are some smart people here, but there are also a lot of deceptive people, and people with the agenda of protecting or growing their investment, and everything they say is written for that purpose rather than being truthful.  I'm not accusing anyone of being this way, honestly I can't tell very well who is and who isn't (yeah I'm a noob), and I'm sure there is a lot of innocent exuberance as well... but I think it's good to be a little skeptical of any predictions regarding future valuation esp ones made with confidence.

That is why you need to think for yourself, I am bullish on Darkcoin but I reached that opinion after carefully analysing my options and developing an understanding of the community and the development team. So now I offer you my perspective which has substance to it, you may agree or disagree.  I think that the idea of another solution taking DRKs place is unlikely, the market segment is large enough for more than one solution to coexist so in my mind there will be a few players (just like you have, nike, adidas, puma, etc.) all I am saying is with all the information available and because of the reasons I explain above, I am fairly certain Darkcoin will be a contender.

The Darkcoin dev team are not about the money they are much more excited about building something useful and big, now this last part is a subjective opinion but it is what I honestly think.
raganius

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:40:38 PM

What's this movie? Cheesy
this
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993846/
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:57:14 PM

It's funny you should say that...  A few months ago my Father saw what I was doing in the shed with 5 rigs, he saw a report on Australian television that basically said BitCoin is the future of money... He came to me and wanted in...  Between us we spent some of our savings on 30 rigs, some BTC ASICS and decked out a warehouse...

We were just going to instamine and collect BTC, then my spidey sensors tingled when I saw massive volumes for DRK on Cryptsy and said to myself "What is this DarkCoin???"

I saw how unprofitable DRK was to instamine yet it still had such a religious following... Then it clicked, the fact DRK wasn't profitable to instamine, makes it incredibly profitable if you have the balls to believe... I read the ANN post cover to cover and was satisfied the DRK team know how to run a successful project...

So my Father, expecting BTC to fall from the sky with 30+ rigs, was wondering why I slowly but surely consolidating our position mainly on DRK... (He just doesn't get it, and never will)...

So today the rent bill was due for the warehouse and I encouraged him to use our Fiat to pay for it, he said "No, you have so many DRK, sell your bl00dy DarkCoin it could crash at any minute..."

He didn't budge and we got into a massive argument...

As of tonight, we are no longer business partners...(Don't worry, we still love each other)...

If Jesus himself came to me and offered me a place in heaven for the price of 1 DarkCoin, I wouldn't pay...

This coin is the one ladies an gents, accumulate, hold, support the community and reap the rewards...

+1. Damn you're great.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:03:16 PM

You can sit around waiting for ever on absolute certainty. Darkcoin is far and away the best on the scene right now, in a multitude of different ways, so I back it, particularly as there is currently zero credible competition.

I would hedge if there was anything promising to hedge with, but for the forseeable future there are exactly two cryptocurrencies of any worth, BTC for public/don't care transactions, and DRK for privacy. Everything else is pointless.

I really don't care about the price day to day, I'm thinking 6 months+

You didn't used to go by a different nick, beginning with a K by any chance? Cheesy Because that guy made a total arse out of himself...
Pages: « 1 ... 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 [1699] 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: