Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:45:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 [1711] 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:39:38 AM

AlexGR, you're like the sentinel vs. fudsters. Nice Work my man!
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:47:41 AM

Why is there no place to get help here?

I tried reporting the lost account back when it happened all over, including "meta" but all my posts were deleted.  And at the time, with a new account, it was difficult to deal with.

I'm wondering, do I need to stay on this forum?  Do I get anything out of it?  I don't think so, and since they just brushed me aside again, I am seriously thinking of leaving.  Forget them we have Darkcointalk.org.

Beware everyone, this forum has no support at all, and when they delete your post, there is nobody to write back to in your message.  DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION IN YOUR ACCOUNT!

Have you tried to report it to a forum administrator? (like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35 for example) Maybe he could help you.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 02:49:06 AM

Why is there no place to get help here?

I tried reporting the lost account back when it happened all over, including "meta" but all my posts were deleted.  And at the time, with a new account, it was difficult to deal with.

I'm wondering, do I need to stay on this forum?  Do I get anything out of it?  I don't think so, and since they just brushed me aside again, I am seriously thinking of leaving.  Forget them we have Darkcointalk.org.

Beware everyone, this forum has no support at all, and when they delete your post, there is nobody to write back to in your message.  DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION IN YOUR ACCOUNT!

Ugh, that sucks. They don't have the resources to moderate properly here, the forum is just too large. I guess one thing you could try is PM'ing mods directly to explain your case, perhaps citing some evidence and some members who would vouch for you. But then, you may be right about whether it's worth being here at all. This forum is a pretty disgusting expression of humanity, and our little corner of it isn't even the worst part. If I didn't need to keep up with crypto developments, I'd much rather spend exactly zero time here, what with all the aggressive FUD, scams, greed and idiocy. Darkcointalk is a much nicer place.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
whynotbit

Activity: 69
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:49:28 AM

Pretty attractive price to buy rather than to sell,(specially having missed the the first big fall to sell to cover, I ain't a newbie for nothing) and weird thing only 1 digit drk trades on bittrex, if real holders were selling on panic the transactions would be more consequent, you don't rush to sell 2 DRK ?! Bots do though  Angry

DRK has a real value, not like many copies and still has new features to provide. And getting like NXT more attractive than Litecoin.
It could all just be a bubble anyway, bitcoin included, waiting to explode if governments decide to squeeze the community, but probably the start of a global movement of economy/liberty/transparency after anyway !
I hold and will buy cheap !
foolio

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:05:47 AM

Door 1 So I have this newbie account that says with much conviction that I know a scam when it see it.

Door 2 So I look up some facts and try to figure out why these rich fuckers keep buying tens of thousands of these darkcoin things.... All these fucking rich guys are soooo stupid. They just keep making money and have no sense what-so-fucking-ever.

edit I like Door Nr. 2. Follow the rich guys...they already prove they know how to get rich. No need to die trying - Did Warren Buffett say that: Get rich, and don't die trying?

Please do feel free to bump on each troll

I think I name this - counter FUD measures, by the DRK Black-ops team

It's a very positive evidence to be sure. Still no guarantee that price won't go down and stay down for a long time. Though I would agree its unlikely to do that. The question is how unlikely, honestly I'm not experienced enough with these things to know, and I'm not very good at taking other people's word.

Your assumption is that these big holders must be smart and making the best decisions. I can't make that assumption necessarily. I don't know anything about them, or what they might do, other than it seems they do expect DRK to rise, again I agree it is a very good sign. Rich guys didn't necessarily get rich because they are savvy with cryptos or investments. Maybe they took some risks and got lucky? I'm not rich... is it showing?

I think there is a good chance I will get back in at .014 to .015. I kind of doubt it will level out lower than that, but I can always hope Mike is right and we see  .01 or less. On the other hand if the whales strike out of nowhere (as they are sometimes prone, I'll be paying attention and jump right back in.

I like to think everyone gives genuine advice, but a part of me still has to wonder when I hear people saying massacre and giving "warnings" such as Mike, that they secretly aren't getting ready to go on a big buying spree. I guess you just never know! I know if the whales started buying now, the price would lunge way past where it is now almost instantly.... still a "risk" I'm willing to take.... I would just watch patiently for the first good dip and buy back. I doubt that will happen for some reason... just a hunch, but I think that they are going to let this thing coast or deflate or just let it be and see what it does for a little bit and that the next rally will be gradual like when DRK rose the first time, only we will be starting from a much higher floor.

I'm not really interested in holding DRK long-term. I'm only interested in holding it during rally times, and interested in being out of it while its on the descent or not doing much. For me this is a time of uncertainty and waiting to see what happens.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:16:39 AM

I'm a little bit flustered, and could have sworn I posted this question here, LOL, but I must have accidentally posted it elsewhere?  Oops!  Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what this moderator wants from me.  In the Meta thread, there are instructions for reporting a hacked account, and this is what I have to send.  Only I don't understand what it all is?

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account <account> has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to <email>. The current date is <date>. <my nick name on the forum?>
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
<insert address here> What address?
<insert signature here> What signature? Where do I get one?
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is the unedited post where I posted that address: ... again, what address?
OR
I sent that address to someone in a PM with PM ID#...

Thanks so much to any of you who could point me in the right direction.  If I don't get it right the first time, he said he will ignore subsequent PMs and there will be no more help Sad

Open up your darkcoin wallet and sign a message with one of the addresses you control.
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:19:35 AM

Hi All,

Anyone using the Android Wallet for DRK? The developer says that it is in beta, and that if DRK does not support it, they may have to close it out. Is it reliable enough? Can i use it to store my DRK as cryptsy does not seem very reliable! Smiley

chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:21:35 AM

6H, 120MA.

Grin
raganius

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:40:01 AM

Is there any logic behind the consistent bleed out on the price? The last ones I can understand due to masternode issues and the 5x growth > 40% retractions, this one I don't understand yet.

It is clearly sabotage attempt.

It seems that someone really does not want Darkcoin to happen...

* anyway, today I've just bought some more DRKs... I wouldn't waste an opportunity for a cheap buy Wink
raganius

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:47:09 AM

Thank you very much everyone, I hope I did that correctly and that I'll finally get some help with that account.  I don't care so much that I lost use of it, but that someone is using it to sell things (undoubtedly without any intent to send the item, or a bad item) is very upsetting.  Thanks again for all your help!!!

You're welcome. Good luck!
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:55:27 AM

So good to stock up these days
tx Mr Whale for bringing down the price for me !
nearly ready for the next Masternode
….>
foolio

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:33:54 AM

Is there any logic behind the consistent bleed out on the price? The last ones I can understand due to masternode issues and the 5x growth > 40% retractions, this one I don't understand yet.

My logic is that what drove the price so high isn't people wanting DRK because they understand it or because it's so awesome... who want to hold for the long term. That's a smaller part of it. But a larger part is speculators who want to get in, make a profit and get out. There are a lot more of these people at this stage in the DRK market I reckon. The number of actual investors or believers is much smaller. They get in and they are done, they just sit there and hold. But there is not enough of them at this point holding enough DRK to keep the price up. Speculators buy a lot of coins and just dump them back. True demand for the coin is not represented by the high price rises in an initial bubble.

So you have a bunch of people who only hold as long as they think the price will go up, or go back up. Because they didn't buy the coin because of fundamentals or anything, they sell as soon as they lose confidence in the market (like me!). They don't need bad news or lack of development... all that has to happen for them to want to sell is the price looks to become unfavorable, and/or volume drops away... that's it. As the market goes up it picks up these buyers, then when it comes back down they start selling (or right before it starts coming down). So the price declines while the market shakes out these sellers who are either taking profit or cutting losses depending, but eventually they sell out and only the holders remain... then the price can start climbing again. I think the fact that the process of retracement down to .015 took as long as it did is a good sign, I take that the sellers are not super eager, falling over themselves to let go of coins cheap they are pushing the price down only very slowly. They don't have a lot of strength now, hence the long drawn out decline, instead of a drop.

No one is going no want to sell much less than .015, and if anyone does, there will probably be buyers quickly snatching it up.

I think we're getting there (to a leveling out, and then into an uptrend eventually) . I can't see it going way down from here unless some of those big holders start dumping, which is unlikely as if they haven't dumped now, they probably will not choose this moment to start. A few large sells may dip us kind of low .014? .013 maybe I don't know. I don't think it will stay that low though.

I guess what I'm saying is this seems just like typical market dynamics that you might see no matter the fundamentals of a coin. The fundamentals I think will more solidly support increased value when (and if) DRK gets better established and can be clearly seen as the leader in anon tech. You can't expect it not to crash from the inevitable first bubble. In fact if there weren't the large incentive in the masternode system to hold this coin, I would almost certainly agree with Mike that we would go way back down... those MN holders have to be significant as far as keeping a lot of coins off the market.

There. My unprofessional, layman's theory that's probably not correct at all.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 04:57:45 AM

I think gmaxwell is wrong on Darkcoin because the coinjoin model is centralised whereas Darkcoin has decentralised coinjoin. So, I can't see that it is pointless. His support for ring signatures is academic in the sense of "nice in theory but frankly not workable in real life". Those that have experience ring sigs know how buggy and alpha the software. Therefore, for those of us living in the real world - go the darkcoin.  Gmaxwell and his bitcoin devs should realise that the IRS has already mapped out all significant bitcoin addresses to social security numbers, whilst they talk debate the alpha tech of ring sigs but yet are doing nothing to fix. The bitcoin dev team are looking more pathetic to me everyday.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:12:57 AM

When a viable privacy alternative to Darkcoin exists, I'll be one of the first to diversify. Until then it is pointless in my view. I do not like the name Darkcoin, however, I see no viable alternatives. 

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:22:33 AM

When a viable privacy alternative to Darkcoin exists, I'll be one of the first to diversify. Until then it is pointless in my view. I do not like the name Darkcoin, however, I see no viable alternatives. 

The name will not change, get over it.  Smiley
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:24:23 AM

I have. No worries mate. I was just making the point I'm holding Drks despite the name. In fact, I bet you I'm one of the few people here who have never sold a single Drk in their lives.

dcoinman

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:24:49 AM

I think gmaxwell is wrong on Darkcoin because the coinjoin model is centralised whereas Darkcoin has decentralised coinjoin. So, I can't see that it is pointless. His support for ring signatures is academic in the sense of "nice in theory but frankly not workable in real life". Those that have experience ring sigs know how buggy and alpha the software. Therefore, for those of us living in the real world - go the darkcoin.  Gmaxwell and his bitcoin devs should realise that the IRS has already mapped out all significant bitcoin addresses to social security numbers, whilst they talk debate the alpha tech of ring sigs but yet are doing nothing to fix. The bitcoin dev team are looking more pathetic to me everyday.

Would be nice if Evan and team could give us a hint of what direction they want to move in lieu of ring signatures. Just enough to know what it's about not enough to copy before it's released.
Kai Proctor

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:27:40 AM

I have. No worries mate. I was just making the point I'm holding Drks despite the name. In fact, I bet you I'm one of the few people here who have never sold a single Drk in their lives.

You are right  Wink
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:33:47 AM

You are right  Wink

NEVER sold a single DRK too !
am getting more and they stay in the bag until ….. lets talk in December ….>
Kai Proctor

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:41:07 AM

You are right  Wink

NEVER sold a single DRK too !
am getting more and they stay in the bag until ….. lets talk in December ….>

Pages: « 1 ... 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 [1711] 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: