Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:31:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 [1712] 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722508 times)
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:48:09 AM

I want to see Mike3's reaction in two weeks. I expect he will change name before too long.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:54:23 AM

http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt

Date      Newsflash
05-Jun-2014:      Security Advisory: seven security fixes
05-Jun-2014:      OpenSSL 1.0.1h is now available, including bug and security fixes
05-Jun-2014:      OpenSSL 1.0.0m is now available, including bug and security fixes
05-Jun-2014:      OpenSSL 0.9.8za is now available, including bug and security fixes

7 ;(

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/4295
laanwj commented 16 hours ago
Upgrade for https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt

First: there is no vulnerability that affects ecdsa signing or verification.
However, the MITM attack vulnerability (CVE-2014-0224) may have some effect on our usage of SSL/TLS.

As long as payment requests are signed (which is the common case), usage of the payment protocol should also not be affected.

The TLS usage in RPC may be at risk for MITM attacks. If you have -rpcssl enabled, be sure to update OpenSSL as soon as possible.

qt-win dependency version is not bumped, as the files remain the same
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:07:16 AM

When a viable privacy alternative to Darkcoin exists, I'll be one of the first to diversify. Until then it is pointless in my view. I do not like the name Darkcoin, however, I see no viable alternatives. 

The name will not change, get over it.  Smiley
I have. No worries mate. I was just making the point I'm holding Drks despite the name. In fact, I bet you I'm one of the few people here who have never sold a single Drk in their lives.

You are right  Wink

NEVER sold a single DRK too !
am getting more and they stay in the bag until ….. lets talk in December ….>

Now I don't just feel stupid for trying to "play" the drk market (and losing half those coins) but also ashamed!   Embarrassed 

This hasn't been a good day for me, and now this, thanks a lot  Cry

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin  I'm joking Wink

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:09:47 AM

When a viable privacy alternative to Darkcoin exists, I'll be one of the first to diversify. Until then it is pointless in my view. I do not like the name Darkcoin, however, I see no viable alternatives. 

The name will not change, get over it.  Smiley
I have. No worries mate. I was just making the point I'm holding Drks despite the name. In fact, I bet you I'm one of the few people here who have never sold a single Drk in their lives.

You are right  Wink

NEVER sold a single DRK too !
am getting more and they stay in the bag until ….. lets talk in December ….>

Now I don't just feel stupid for trying to "play" the drk market (and losing half those coins) but also ashamed!   Embarrassed 

This hasn't been a good day for me, and now this, thanks a lot  Cry

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin  I'm joking Wink

I agree - I played in the past and got burned and had to buy in at 30% higher price!!. Thats why I hold them nice and tight now.
CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:19:51 AM

For god sake deposits take so damn long to confirm - Thought i would speed up the transfer of funds from Cryptsy to Mintpal by first buying dark - With the current block times it has taken as long as a Bitcoin transaction with 3 confirms >.<
CatKiwi

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:34:45 AM

On the upside - It seems I struck lucky and inadvertently bought at a fantastic time lol!
JamesBond009

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:35:40 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 07:00:01 AM by JamesBond009

Here is some words  from a bitcoin core dev

http://img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/888367355/TB2po2SXXXXXXbWXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!888367355.png

Ozziecoin, Your pump and dump dance would probably be more effective if you were less transparently dishonest in your approach.  I'm normally happy to ignore the nonsense in the altcoin subform, but since you saw fit to go distrupt the coinjoin thread with some offtopic insult hurling I thought I'd bring the extensive response back here where its topical.

CoinJoin is trustless— which is orthogonal with centralized or decentralized, it could be implemented several ways (though trustlessness is usually a prerequisite to a decenteralized implementation). Post 5 in the CoinJoin thread writes in depth about implementing it in a decenteralized way, none of which appears to have been implemented by the darkcoin developers as far as I can tell— from what I've heard it seems that they're not even able to understand it. (This is a disappointment to me, since I was trying to describe these ideas clearly so others could understand them.)

More amusingly, what DarkCoin does is highly centralized because the software is closed— you can't get more centralized than closed source. What the actual behavior is, is anyone's guess— it's impossible to review due to it being closed— though "masternodes" does not sound like something decenteralized, it sounds like something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

As I've said before CoinJoin is interesting because it's inherently part of Bitcoin already— it just needed better tools (and now there are some, e.g. darkwallet) to make it available to people.  It's a privacy improvement over not having it, but it isn't perfect, but it also didn't require any changes to Bitcoin (much less a whole altcoin) to deploy it.  In an incompatible system much better is possible as is proposed by ZeroCash and much better is actually _realized_ by Bytecoin (and its forks... Monero, Fantomcoin, etc.), the later are actually working (if immature, due reinventing many wheels) implementations of much stronger privacy, decenteralized in their implementation, all released under a good open source license.

From what I can tell the only purpose DarkCoin serves is to depress me about the state of humanity.
Sapereaude

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:36:05 AM

Is there any logic behind the consistent bleed out on the price? The last ones I can understand due to masternode issues and the 5x growth > 40% retractions, this one I don't understand yet.

My logic is that what drove the price so high isn't people wanting DRK because they understand it or because it's so awesome... who want to hold for the long term. That's a smaller part of it. But a larger part is speculators who want to get in, make a profit and get out. There are a lot more of these people at this stage in the DRK market I reckon. The number of actual investors or believers is much smaller. They get in and they are done, they just sit there and hold. But there is not enough of them at this point holding enough DRK to keep the price up. Speculators buy a lot of coins and just dump them back. True demand for the coin is not represented by the high price rises in an initial bubble.

So you have a bunch of people who only hold as long as they think the price will go up, or go back up. Because they didn't buy the coin because of fundamentals or anything, they sell as soon as they lose confidence in the market (like me!). They don't need bad news or lack of development... all that has to happen for them to want to sell is the price looks to become unfavorable, and/or volume drops away... that's it. As the market goes up it picks up these buyers, then when it comes back down they start selling (or right before it starts coming down). So the price declines while the market shakes out these sellers who are either taking profit or cutting losses depending, but eventually they sell out and only the holders remain... then the price can start climbing again. I think the fact that the process of retracement down to .015 took as long as it did is a good sign, I take that the sellers are not super eager, falling over themselves to let go of coins cheap they are pushing the price down only very slowly. They don't have a lot of strength now, hence the long drawn out decline, instead of a drop.

No one is going no want to sell much less than .015, and if anyone does, there will probably be buyers quickly snatching it up.

I think we're getting there (to a leveling out, and then into an uptrend eventually) . I can't see it going way down from here unless some of those big holders start dumping, which is unlikely as if they haven't dumped now, they probably will not choose this moment to start. A few large sells may dip us kind of low .014? .013 maybe I don't know. I don't think it will stay that low though.

I guess what I'm saying is this seems just like typical market dynamics that you might see no matter the fundamentals of a coin. The fundamentals I think will more solidly support increased value when (and if) DRK gets better established and can be clearly seen as the leader in anon tech. You can't expect it not to crash from the inevitable first bubble. In fact if there weren't the large incentive in the masternode system to hold this coin, I would almost certainly agree with Mike that we would go way back down... those MN holders have to be significant as far as keeping a lot of coins off the market.

There. My unprofessional, layman's theory that's probably not correct at all.

I concur with much of this, however I think most of this happened on the previous fall from 0.025 to 0.01. I think this is backed up by the charts, if you look over the last few days it was mainly whales with large buy/sells and little movement apart from that. So I believe that most of these short term holders sold out in the previous downtrend and we are back to a longer term inverstor majority.

The announcement that the forking problem has been fixed and the master-nodes now recieving 20% have also removed any downward price pressure. Now I don't expect it to increase significantly till after the fork, but there is no longer any uncertainty or short term holders to drive the price down by a significant amount.
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:39:03 AM

Lower Highs, Higher Lows: its called a downtrend. What are you waiting to sell NOW?  0.018 is a good exit point  Roll Eyes

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:49:24 AM

and here they come again …..
3 ignore in a row …. must be a troll family …..>
richy

Activity: 224

KryptoBonds, Bonds Industry now in Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 06:52:36 AM

if mikey3 would have a working crystal ball.... he woulndnt be around here... Cause he would be rich and living on an island etc. So wat is crystal clear is that he has no clue what the prize will be tomorow. And this is good cause if this would be different we (the non professionals) wouldnt have a chance in this market. My conclusion.... HODL! Wink and look on the fundamentals!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
foolio

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:05:45 AM

Is there any logic behind the consistent bleed out on the price? The last ones I can understand due to masternode issues and the 5x growth > 40% retractions, this one I don't understand yet.

My logic is that what drove the price so high isn't people wanting DRK because they understand it or because it's so awesome... who want to hold for the long term. That's a smaller part of it. But a larger part is speculators who want to get in, make a profit and get out. There are a lot more of these people at this stage in the DRK market I reckon. The number of actual investors or believers is much smaller. They get in and they are done, they just sit there and hold. But there is not enough of them at this point holding enough DRK to keep the price up. Speculators buy a lot of coins and just dump them back. True demand for the coin is not represented by the high price rises in an initial bubble.

So you have a bunch of people who only hold as long as they think the price will go up, or go back up. Because they didn't buy the coin because of fundamentals or anything, they sell as soon as they lose confidence in the market (like me!). They don't need bad news or lack of development... all that has to happen for them to want to sell is the price looks to become unfavorable, and/or volume drops away... that's it. As the market goes up it picks up these buyers, then when it comes back down they start selling (or right before it starts coming down). So the price declines while the market shakes out these sellers who are either taking profit or cutting losses depending, but eventually they sell out and only the holders remain... then the price can start climbing again. I think the fact that the process of retracement down to .015 took as long as it did is a good sign, I take that the sellers are not super eager, falling over themselves to let go of coins cheap they are pushing the price down only very slowly. They don't have a lot of strength now, hence the long drawn out decline, instead of a drop.

No one is going no want to sell much less than .015, and if anyone does, there will probably be buyers quickly snatching it up.

I think we're getting there (to a leveling out, and then into an uptrend eventually) . I can't see it going way down from here unless some of those big holders start dumping, which is unlikely as if they haven't dumped now, they probably will not choose this moment to start. A few large sells may dip us kind of low .014? .013 maybe I don't know. I don't think it will stay that low though.

I guess what I'm saying is this seems just like typical market dynamics that you might see no matter the fundamentals of a coin. The fundamentals I think will more solidly support increased value when (and if) DRK gets better established and can be clearly seen as the leader in anon tech. You can't expect it not to crash from the inevitable first bubble. In fact if there weren't the large incentive in the masternode system to hold this coin, I would almost certainly agree with Mike that we would go way back down... those MN holders have to be significant as far as keeping a lot of coins off the market.

There. My unprofessional, layman's theory that's probably not correct at all.

I concur with much of this, however I think most of this happened on the previous fall from 0.025 to 0.01. I think this is backed up by the charts, if you look over the last few days it was mainly whales with large buy/sells and little movement apart from that. So I believe that most of these short term holders sold out in the previous downtrend and we are back to a longer term inverstor majority.

The announcement that the forking problem has been fixed and the master-nodes now recieving 20% have also removed any downward price pressure. Now I don't expect it to increase significantly till after the fork, but there is no longer any uncertainty or short term holders to drive the price down by a significant amount.

Totally agree that the process was mostly completed on the first fall to .01. This second time down from the high, we didn't come down as fast or as far. The fact the the price bounced so hard off that low and slower descent makes me think it won't get there again. The people who bought from .01 to .018 on that bounce are for sure much stronger hands than what sold really low.

I'm thinking no massacre Sad Oh well. Price seems  to be decisively breaking out of the downward pattern at the moment. I'll be surprised if it gets too far tonight though. I'm guessing it will break out of the downward pattern for good though and move more sideways for a while.

If the price does shoot way up tonight, then I'll be extra suspicious about the fairly dire warnings of impending carnage we got earlier. Some big buys happened since then, hmmm.......
bitalkpl

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:25:32 AM

New Darkcoin Google+ Profile
https://plus.google.com/u/0/115080614177201373926/posts
20 followers so far

wmr1988

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:31:11 AM

For god sake deposits take so damn long to confirm - Thought i would speed up the transfer of funds from Cryptsy to Mintpal by first buying dark - With the current block times it has taken as long as a Bitcoin transaction with 3 confirms >.<

That's because they require 8 confirmations on Mintpal. Check your transaction on the blockchain, I usually get my 1st confirmation in 3-5 minutes.
choose-username

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:34:28 AM

Here is some words  from a bitcoin core dev

http://img03.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i3/888367355/TB2po2SXXXXXXbWXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!888367355.png

Ozziecoin, Your pump and dump dance would probably be more effective if you were less transparently dishonest in your approach.  I'm normally happy to ignore the nonsense in the altcoin subform, but since you saw fit to go distrupt the coinjoin thread with some offtopic insult hurling I thought I'd bring the extensive response back here where its topical.

CoinJoin is trustless— which is orthogonal with centralized or decentralized, it could be implemented several ways (though trustlessness is usually a prerequisite to a decenteralized implementation). Post 5 in the CoinJoin thread writes in depth about implementing it in a decenteralized way, none of which appears to have been implemented by the darkcoin developers as far as I can tell— from what I've heard it seems that they're not even able to understand it. (This is a disappointment to me, since I was trying to describe these ideas clearly so others could understand them.)

More amusingly, what DarkCoin does is highly centralized because the software is closed— you can't get more centralized than closed source. What the actual behavior is, is anyone's guess— it's impossible to review due to it being closed— though "masternodes" does not sound like something decenteralized, it sounds like something that creates a small chokepoint which could be used to deanonymize its users, like a server based CoinJoin but worse since you have to hold a huge pile of coins to run a server.

As I've said before CoinJoin is interesting because it's inherently part of Bitcoin already— it just needed better tools (and now there are some, e.g. darkwallet) to make it available to people.  It's a privacy improvement over not having it, but it isn't perfect, but it also didn't require any changes to Bitcoin (much less a whole altcoin) to deploy it.  In an incompatible system much better is possible as is proposed by ZeroCash and much better is actually _realized_ by Bytecoin (and its forks... Monero, Fantomcoin, etc.), the later are actually working (if immature, due reinventing many wheels) implementations of much stronger privacy, decenteralized in their implementation, all released under a good open source license.

From what I can tell the only purpose DarkCoin serves is to depress me about the state of humanity.

I am not good with technicals, but I totally understand why darksend is closed source... I dont understand why even a bitcoin core dev participates to inane whining about it, the reasons for temporarily closed source are obvious.
sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:45:27 AM

eh, he's a bitcoin fanboi and hates all alts.

I think altcoins are generally inadvisable, and in the long term I have plans that should remove all reasons for having them. I think the promotion or opposition to these things based on profit motives is incredibly sleazy.

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:52:19 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 08:12:16 AM by JGCMiner

I am not good with technicals, but I totally understand why darksend is closed source... I dont understand why even a bitcoin core dev participates to inane whining about it, the reasons for temporarily closed source are obvious.

After reading through that thread it is pretty clear that GMaxwell is mad that his coinjoin was used for the basis of an altcoin. Dude is clearly one of the "Bitcoin is all we need!!" types and resents having any association at all with DRK -- even if that association is just that something he worked on in the past and made public forms just the basis for Darksend.

In short, he has a personal vendetta going against DRK and I would ignore anything he says on the subject becuase of the obvious bias.
dotnetmin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:56:38 AM

First they lough at you, then they fight against and finally you'll win!

Each time a new "anon" coin pops up there is new fud against DRK from "investors" of shitcoins
who missed the DRK train.

What they still don't know, they have only missed the first x10 .. x15 of DRK.
If they would do some research about dark instead of spending time and money in shit like XC
and Veri they could be part of the next step of DRK.

Fundamentals could be seen over weeks on a price around 0.00125 ... 0.00145.
DRK is one of the best distributet coins ever. You could read over weeks and again again DRK is only
a pump and dump and people were acting like a pump and dump and a lot of coins changed from hand to hand. as the past has shown it isn't pump and dump, it is DRK and DRK will change the still small crypto world!

I stopped daytrading on loosing aroud 80 DRK on a pricelevel of 0,0026. I never got them back.
Call me stupid bagholder, but time will tell !

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:16:56 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641178.0
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 08:23:47 AM

I want to see Mike3's reaction in two weeks. I expect he will change name before too long.
but he was right that the price will fall under 0,016 Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: « 1 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 [1712] 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: