Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 03:29:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 [2124] 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722648 times)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:07:42 PM

OH shut up you heartless asshole!  Please ignore this guy!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:08:55 PM

PLEASE!  This person is in crisis mode, for God's sake!  He needs clear thinking, not your stupid mindless FUD!  Damn it!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:09:18 PM

OH shut up you heartless asshole!  Please ignore this guy!

?? I couldn't understand what he was trying to say
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:09:55 PM

PLEASE!  This person is in crisis mode, for God's sake!  He needs clear thinking, not your stupid mindless FUD!  Damn it!

He's giving advice... maybe not what he wants to hear but the truth can hurt sometimes.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 07:12:17 PM

Today's GIF. Hot rich chick can't believe the price is so low.
Now she's gonna buy 1 million DRK off the market.

tprogex

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 07:13:07 PM

PLEASE!  This person is in crisis mode, for God's sake!  He needs clear thinking, not your stupid mindless FUD!  Damn it!
fatherof5 Sell all Your coins not only dark and focus on work.also if he creates some address I think who likes can donate.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:13:40 PM

Here's what we are assuming for RC4 (yes, assuming!):

Darksend limit lifted
Darksend based on new crypto, extremely powerful anonymity (along the lines of ring sigs, but without the bloat)
MN payments enforced
"Spork" technology successfully implemented (enforcement = "on"); enforcement code perfected and streamlined
MN voting is deterministic
I2P integration completed or in the works
IP obfuscation

Based on the above features, we would be looking at a paradigm shift, and I think that the market would react accordingly. Now we don't know how many of those things will be in RC4, but we know from eltito that there's some damn amazing stuff in the works.

P.S. Peercoin as one of the most innovative cryptos ever? How's that? Yes, Proof of Stake was interesting, but what does PPC actually DO that nobody else did at the time? At it's heart it's still the same-old-same-old, albeit with a different staking/securing mechanism. Anonymity coins, on the other hand, are a *radical* departure from the normal paradigm.

+101

I think we should send out a challenge to other anonymity projects to get code verified by independent auditors. The auditors would not say which project is better or take sides, just verify the code does what is says on the packaging.

I'm not sure why people are sitting around waiting for Evan to finish coding RC4.

* Get bounty going for independent code audit. If we have nothing to fear, those that don't follow suit and don't have a real project yet take away investors, then they have something to fear. FUD and trolls go away, price goes up.

* Spork technology - that prevents ASICs as it means you can hard fork with fewer risks at any point you want, just with 3-6 months notice to the entire network. ASICs proof, if you want it. Get the word out. Price goes up.

* IP Obfuscation - mixing rendering block chain useless, plus protection from being able to track transactions through IP sniffing. Bitcoin / Litecoin can't compete with that. Get the word out. Price goes up.

* Bitcoin code compatibility - Having something similar to bitcoin means Darkcoin can go where bitcoin can go. Privacy groups complain about lack of privacy from bitcoin, darkcoin is one of only a few that can step in to existing bitcoin / litecoin merchant tools. Get the word out to the right places. Price goes up.

*  Master Nodes - increase in nodes, reduced coin supply, new services go into master nodes giving them more money, increase in master nodes. Get the word out, work on identifying new services, do some market research on them, invite others to work on them. Price goes up.

* Master Node pools Get the word out to invite people to set-up master node pools for those that can't afford a master node on their own. Price goes up.

* Privacy becomes a big issue for mass adoption and use in retail sectors that need privacy, credible options for mainstream use are recognised as limited, darkcoin picked to provide alternative option to run next to bitcoin, ETFs buy darkcoin. Raise the issues with affected markets already using bitcoin and would be impacted by its poor anonymity. Price goes up.

* B2B Adoption - businesses realise they can use Darkcoin to transact internationally without incurring high costs of fiat and with privacy to keep trades confidential. Price goes up.

What we need are coordinated activities to push darkcoin forward while technical work goes on. Technical work and innnovation will always be required. What do we do, watch the price go up and down between technical releases? Get real. There is a lot of value here, its just not being applied in the right way.
wackyD

Activity: 170
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:14:04 PM

About a month ago I discovered Darkcoin. I bought in over .02 after reading about what it was trying to do. I invested far more than I should have as I was certain it would keep going up.

I am in absolute despair right now, I still haven't told my wife how much I lost. Honestly, I'm terrified of the thought. It was money we could have used as a down payment on a house, or to send the kids to college. Money that pretty much would have been useful somewhere else.

We live in an apartment and have been saving for a house for years.

I'm sick to my stomach now. I can't sleep at night because my mind races through series of 'what-ifs.' I honestly don't know what to do. How do I tell my wife the money is gone?

I'm thinking about leaving everything behind and going off to some other country as that is how heavy the burden feels right now. I know my kids would miss me but I can't stand the thought of them knowing how much of a failure I am.

It's hard to read about all these people talking about all their profits and how much they made. I hope they realize for everything they've gained is off the back of someone like me who saw something they thought was a worthwhile investment and got burned.

Never posted to this forum because I had nothing constructive to contribute. Don't lose hope mate, don't sell - the price will correct itself, just watch and see. You only make a loss if you sell at one; you still own all your coins.

The price will get back to 0.02 and then climb higher. You just need to be patient. I understand the feeling of putting up a lot you needed to buy what you bought, but this is a crypto that offers something new. If you need some reassurance, look into the people who have invested in this coin (BitFinex for example - check the site out).

When the darkcoin devs tune the coin and release updates, the price will turn. I own a lot of darkcoins and I'm not saying any of this to make sure you don't dump your coins to crash the price, I'm saying it because I have no fear about the price not recovering.

Just  don't sell at a loss, and when the price climbs above 0.02 don't sell for a small profit! Trust me (difficult as im a total stranger) - it'll easily go beyond 0.03 but might take a few months! And don't stress your poor wife out in the interim with bad news as it'll complicate the dynamics at home, further adding to your stress!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:16:59 PM

You are funny, this person is indeed in crisis mode. He made a mistake, you can't learn from the mistakes you made if you don't know what the problem is.

tprogex

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 07:17:13 PM

About a month ago I discovered Darkcoin. I bought in over .02 after reading about what it was trying to do. I invested far more than I should have as I was certain it would keep going up.

I am in absolute despair right now, I still haven't told my wife how much I lost. Honestly, I'm terrified of the thought. It was money we could have used as a down payment on a house, or to send the kids to college. Money that pretty much would have been useful somewhere else.

I'm sick to my stomach now. I can't sleep at night because my mind races through series of 'what-ifs.' I honestly don't know what to do. How do I tell my wife the money is gone?

I'm thinking about leaving everything behind and going off to some other country as that is how heavy the burden feels right now. I know my kids would miss me but I can't stand the thought of them knowing how much of a failure I am.

It's hard to read about all these people talking about all their profits and how much they made. I hope they realize for everything they've gained is off the back of someone like me who saw something they thought was a worthwhile investment and got burned.

Never posted to this forum because I had nothing constructive to contribute. Don't lose hope mate, don't sell - the price will correct itself, just watch and see. You only make a loss if you sell at one; you still own all your coins.

The price will get back to 0.02 and then climb higher. You just need to be patient. I understand the feeling of putting up a lot you needed to buy what you bought, but this is a crypto that offers something new. If you need some reassurance, look into the people who have invested in this coin (BitFinex for example - check the site out).

When the darkcoin devs tune the coin and release updates, the price will turn. I own a lot of darkcoins and I'm not saying any of this to make sure you don't dump your coins to crash the price, I'm saying it because I have no fear about the price not recovering.

Just  don't sell at a loss, and when the price climbs above 0.02 don't sell for a small profit! Trust me (difficult as im a total stranger) - it'll easily go beyond 0.03 but might take a few months! And don't stress your poor wife out in the interim with bad news as it'll complicate the dynamics at home, further adding to your stress!
I have also a lot darkcoins and also buying now(sure I know what I maybe lose), but if someone just use money what he must spend on family, when I think he must switch out.also who likes can sell who likes can buy its free market.  
tprogex

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 07:20:09 PM

PLEASE!  This person is in crisis mode, for God's sake!  He needs clear thinking, not your stupid mindless FUD!  Damn it!

You are funny, this person is indeed in crisis mode. He made a mistake, you can't learn from the mistakes you made if you don't know what the problem is.

do not judge people so hard sometimes same can happened with any of us, so just try to help if You can and not read lecture about mistakes,that I think he listen many times and from many people in this days..      
Scriptiee

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:25:57 PM

This is not a place to get a financial advice people!
You should not be taking any nor giving any.

As it comes to the fatherof5, I have a notion that I seen similar post earlier in this thread and pretty sure it's bull****.

If it is not, then his first mistake was to invest more then he could afford to lose with intention to get rich overnight and not doing research.

His second mistake was coming here looking for advice.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:26:48 PM

Darksend limit lifted
Darksend based on new crypto, extremely powerful anonymity (along the lines of ring sigs, but without the bloat)
MN payments enforced
"Spork" technology successfully implemented (enforcement = "on"); enforcement code perfected and streamlined
IP obfuscation

Based on the above features, we would be looking at a paradigm shift, and I think that the market would react accordingly. Now we don't know how many of those things will be in RC4, but we know from eltito that there's some damn amazing stuff in the works.

P.S. Peercoin as one of the most innovative cryptos ever? How's that? Yes, Proof of Stake was interesting, but what does PPC actually DO that nobody else did at the time? At it's heart it's still the same-old-same-old, albeit with a different staking/securing mechanism. Anonymity coins, on the other hand, are a *radical* departure from the normal paradigm.

+101

I think we should send out a challenge to other anonymity projects to get code verified by independent auditors. The auditors would not say which project is better or take sides, just verify the code does what is says on the packaging.

I'm not sure why people are sitting around waiting for Evan to finish coding RC4.

* Get bounty going for independent code audit. If we have nothing to fear, those that don't follow suit and don't have a real project yet take away investors, then they have something to fear. FUD and trolls go away, price goes up. Coins101

* Spork technology - that prevents ASICs as it means you can hard fork with fewer risks at any point you want, just with 3-6 months notice to the entire network. ASICs proof, if you want it. Get the word out. Price goes up.

* IP Obfuscation - mixing rendering block chain useless, plus protection from being able to track transactions through IP sniffing. Bitcoin / Litecoin can't compete with that. Get the word out. Price goes up.

* Bitcoin code compatibility - Having something similar to bitcoin means Darkcoin can go where bitcoin can go. Privacy groups complain about lack of privacy from bitcoin, darkcoin is one of only a few that can step in to existing bitcoin / litecoin merchant tools. Get the word out to the right places. Price goes up.

*  Master Nodes - increase in nodes, reduced coin supply, new services go into master nodes giving them more money, increase in master nodes. Get the word out, work on identifying new services, do some market research on them, invite others to work on them. Price goes up.

* Master Node pools Get the word out to invite people to set-up master node pools for those that can't afford a master node on their own. Price goes up.

* Privacy becomes a big issue for mass adoption and use in retail sectors that need privacy, credible options for mainstream use are recognised as limited, darkcoin picked to provide alternative option to run next to bitcoin, ETFs buy darkcoin. Raise the issues with affected markets already using bitcoin and would be impacted by its poor anonymity. Price goes up. Coins101

* B2B Adoption - businesses realise they can use Darkcoin to transact internationally without incurring high costs of fiat and with privacy to keep trades confidential. Price goes up.

What we need are coordinated activities to push darkcoin forward while technical work goes on. Technical work and innnovation will always be required. What do we do, watch the price go up and down between technical releases? Get real. There is a lot of value here, its just not being applied in the right way.

I'm happy to start a moderated thread on these topics, plus see through actions to contact those that need contacting. I'm happy to do this in a coordinated way through to central oversight and approval to ensure we all work in harmony and lockstep.

Anyone want to work on these with me, or go for any other activity?
hartvercoint

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:37:48 PM

I find self-moderated threads quite ridiculous actually. It'll only make even more people come HERE and troll the shit out of the place...
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:41:26 PM

Yeah, first mistake was assuming any crypto would keep going up with any certainty. It could all come tumbling down eventually, btc included... nobody knows.

That said, if it was me, I'd wait for RC4. Logically one would think the price would be higher then that it is now. But if you absolutely need the money now, just take the loss and live with it. Remember it's not an actual loss until you sell. And even if you take a loss, RC4 hopefully would be less of a loss for you.

Remember it's just money too. I know it sounds weird, but there are other things of much greater importance, health and family, for starters.

The way I treat Drk is if it's just a lottery ticket and I'll keep my little node and don't worry about the price. But I didn't really invest anything, so it's easier to ignore prices if there isn't much really at stake. If you were well versed in cryptos overall, I might suggest selling some, trading other cryptos, and recoup your loss that way, but based on your initial investment strategy I take it that isn't the case. It's also quite risky.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:50:54 PM

I find self-moderated threads quite ridiculous actually. It'll only make even more people come HERE and troll the shit out of the place...

So, one of the issues impacting the price of Darkcoin is the increase in the number of anon coins since DRK shot up in price.

Are they all up to the job?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.msg6188433#msg6188433

If yes, then that is just the nature of competition. If one or two of them are frauds profiting from the trend and even possibly scamming, then people should know and Darkcoin should stand up and be counted like every other project.

If the use of a self-moderated threads is the only issue, then we don't use them.

So the question remains, do we get a bounty for an independent code audit of Darkcoin to see if it stands up to its claims, and do we also throw down the challenge to everyone else to get their own bounties together. If they have nothing to fear, they have nothing to lose.

Darkcoin central team, input please.

Darkcoin community, views, challenges and if found to be worthwhile - volunteers please.

EDIT - 200 DRK into the bounty from me.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 07:55:45 PM

I understand that my opinion is quite irrelevant (perhaps more relevant than others' opinions since I am one of the biggest investors) and that getting things perfect is more important than things like timings, momentum and communication, especially on the long run. However, facts are that we do have competitors and they are moving fast.

No official announcement from team for 6 days (ignoring anything that doesn't directly or indirectly comes from Evan) is quite weak at this stage of the project.

I understand that distractions are undesired when trying to focus (especially when programming complicated stuff) but even a 'all is fine I've made a lot of progress the past week and will continue to do so' sign of life would be massive for investors. That takes 2 seconds to write.

Even though I'm voicing these concers, I'm continuing to bag hold as a big supporter of the project.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 07:56:56 PM

Man, you have not lost anything until you sell.

Right on.
Fatherof5 (strange name makes your story sound like typical trolling)... but that besides... you only realize a loss if you sell at a lower price than where you bought in.
If I were you, I would keep on believing in DarkCoin and help it succeed in one of the many ways that exist:

Tell other people about its benefits. (Socialmedia, etc)
Tell businesses you know about DarkCoin and work with them to adapt DarkCoin...
Help DarkCoin by creating Videos, Advertizing, Websites, Services, etc.. (I don't know your skillset though)

Oh, and also:

You can always offset a not so favourable DRK position, by buying more at a much lower price, and therefore getting a better AVERAGE price.
But I don't know how deep you are in the shits. But if you bet your house to get rich quick, although you have "5 children"... well you get no sympathy from me...

tprogex

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 07:57:03 PM

EDIT - 200 DRK into the bounty from me.
bold
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:02:12 PM

Darksend limit lifted
MN payments enforced
IP obfuscation

+101

* Get bounty going for independent code audit. If we have nothing to fear, those that don't follow suit and don't have a real project yet take away investors, then they have something to fear. FUD and trolls go away, price goes up. Coins101

* Privacy becomes a big issue for mass adoption and use in retail sectors that need privacy, credible options for mainstream use are recognised as limited, darkcoin picked to provide alternative option to run next to bitcoin, ETFs buy darkcoin. Raise the issues with affected markets already using bitcoin and would be impacted by its poor anonymity. Price goes up. Coins101

I'm happy to start a moderated thread on these topics, plus see through actions to contact those that need contacting. I'm happy to do this in a coordinated way through to central oversight and approval to ensure we all work in harmony and lockstep.

Anyone want to work on these with me, or go for any other activity?

I will support you with all my might!
Pages: « 1 ... 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 [2124] 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: