Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:41:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 [2129] 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722565 times)
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 11:17:57 PM

Coins problem: No roadmap.  Cool No dates, no time span, nothing. Only "when its done", dat didnt help Duke Nukem, dat wont help DRK.

See, that is just pure disinformation. Got get an ice cream.

Nope, read first post. Any info there? Nope.  Cool

I understand that laziness is side-effect of FUD. Bitcointalk, and the OP, are guidelines, a bilboard of sorts. We do have an official forum where ALL doubts are addressed at and any "doubts" dissipated.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/status-update-7-1-2014.1675/

See what I mean? A cohesive and polite and ethical community.

Aha, im sure average Joe is going to search there  Roll Eyes

Yo, next problem: Evan ignores a 2220p thread, its even bitcointalk. Roll Eyes As you noticed, DRK has disinformation problems.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:20:24 PM

Coins problem: No roadmap.  Cool No dates, no time span, nothing. Only "when its done", dat didnt help Duke Nukem, dat wont help DRK.

See, that is just pure disinformation. Got get an ice cream.

Nope, read first post. Any info there? Nope.  Cool

I understand that laziness is side-effect of FUD. Bitcointalk, and the OP, are guidelines, a bilboard of sorts. We do have an official forum where ALL doubts are addressed at and dissipated.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/status-update-7-1-2014.1675/

If that is the case, lock this thread.

What do you mean?
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:21:29 PM

Aha, im sure average Joe is going to search there  Roll Eyes

Yo, next problem: Evan ignores a 2220p thread, its even bitcointalk. Roll Eyes As you noticed, DRK has disinformation problems.

Precisely. The average Joe wouldn't. Thank you.

Yo, next problem. /ignore
roede94105

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:23:19 PM

Admins on IRC killing everyone , with some  questions about DARK development ?
This will lead us - holders to ?........where ?

Just connected on IRC, weird, InternetApe talks to me and says he wants 2500DRKs.

Probably someone impersonating him but fishy

EDIT: it's a fake guy taking his name, never mind
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:23:43 PM

Yo, next problem: Evan ignores a 2220p thread, its even bitcointalk. Roll Eyes As you noticed, DRK has desinformation problems.

I think you mean high expectation problems.

There is a fine balance between needing information every few minutes and getting the job done.

My issue is the definition of getting the job done. Technical work is but one aspect of a project, the point leader, yes, but just one aspect nonetheless.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:26:31 PM

if you were smart you would buy now.

Once Evan makes an announcement people fall over each other to try and buy back in.

Short attention span = fail.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:27:37 PM

Good chance of XC passing DRKs marketcap within one month.. writing is on the wall. I mean.. just the word Darkcoin.. it sounds illegal. People more likely to use XC  Grin

I don't think the name matters as much as you think.

The coin with the better technology and PR will win.

Here's what we are assuming for RC4 (yes, assuming!):

Darksend limit lifted
Darksend based on new crypto, extremely powerful anonymity (along the lines of ring sigs, but without the bloat)
MN payments enforced
"Spork" technology successfully implemented (enforcement = "on"); enforcement code perfected and streamlined
MN voting is deterministic
I2P integration completed or in the works
IP obfuscation

Based on the above features, we would be looking at a paradigm shift, and I think that the market would react accordingly. Now we don't know how many of those things will be in RC4, but we know from eltito that there's some damn amazing stuff in the works.

P.S. Peercoin as one of the most innovative cryptos ever? How's that? Yes, Proof of Stake was interesting, but what does PPC actually DO that nobody else did at the time? At it's heart it's still the same-old-same-old, albeit with a different staking/securing mechanism. Anonymity coins, on the other hand, are a *radical* departure from the normal paradigm.

+101

I think we should send out a challenge to other anonymity projects to get code verified by independent auditors. The auditors would not say which project is better or take sides, just verify the code does what is says on the packaging.

I'm not sure why people are sitting around waiting for Evan to finish coding RC4.

* Get bounty going for independent code audit. If we have nothing to fear, those that don't follow suit and don't have a real project yet take away investors, then they have something to fear. FUD and trolls go away, price goes up. Coins101

* Spork technology - that prevents ASICs as it means you can hard fork with fewer risks at any point you want, just with 3-6 months notice to the entire network. ASICs proof, if you want it. Get the word out. Price goes up.

* IP Obfuscation - mixing rendering block chain useless, plus protection from being able to track transactions through IP sniffing. Bitcoin / Litecoin can't compete with that. Get the word out. Price goes up.

* Bitcoin code compatibility - Having something similar to bitcoin means Darkcoin can go where bitcoin can go. Privacy groups complain about lack of privacy from bitcoin, darkcoin is one of only a few that can step in to existing bitcoin / litecoin merchant tools. Get the word out to the right places. Price goes up.

*  Master Nodes - increase in nodes, reduced coin supply, new services go into master nodes giving them more money, increase in master nodes. Get the word out, work on identifying new services, do some market research on them, invite others to work on them. Price goes up.

* Master Node pools Get the word out to invite people to set-up master node pools for those that can't afford a master node on their own. Price goes up.

* Privacy becomes a big issue for mass adoption and use in retail sectors that need privacy, credible options for mainstream use are recognised as limited, darkcoin picked to provide alternative option to run next to bitcoin, ETFs buy darkcoin. Raise the issues with affected markets already using bitcoin and would be impacted by its poor anonymity. Price goes up. Coins101

* B2B Adoption - businesses realise they can use Darkcoin to transact internationally without incurring high costs of fiat and with privacy to keep trades confidential. Price goes up.

What we need are coordinated activities to push darkcoin forward while technical work goes on. Technical work and innnovation will always be required. What do we do, watch the price go up and down between technical releases? Get real. There is a lot of value here, its just not being applied in the right way.

I'm happy to start a moderated thread on these topics, plus see through actions to contact those that need contacting. I'm happy to do this in a coordinated way through to central oversight and approval to ensure we all work in harmony and lockstep.

Anyone want to work on these with me, or go for any other activity?

Price is important, it is a currency after all. But what is more important is the technology and what is done to engage people with what is to come.

For the competition, if they have claims of being better, then let them all put money in a pot and let independent experts vet their code. That is what Darkcoin is going to do.

That will identify those that can walk the walk and those that just talk the talk  Wink

Everything in red is more or less accurate, though I don't have a current status on i2p (I'll ask Evan).

Code audit is lined up with a well known party.

Once Evan has a first run of the RC4 code, we're going to release the details.  At that point, we're confident that our competitors won't be able to catch up.  Look for that to happen ~10-12 days from now.
stealth923
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:31:07 PM

thanks eltito for the update!

Cannot wait - read my post above  Cheesy
thunderdrum

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:35:24 PM

over the past few days i have seen alot of fud on twitter to dump drk, its very similar to the btce trollbox,the place thats scared of innovation. ive noticed people trying to convince drk holders to dump. most noobs listen and do as they are told however, the fud this time is actually nothing. They just keep saying drk will not go higher so sell,lol.
Then if you look at the volumes on bittrex for shitcoins it is crazy at times 500btc daily on untested/unheard of coins, after a few days the volume dries up and the cycle begins with a new coin.
drk price can easily go over 0.02 once masternodes are fully operational with payments and rc4 is completed with new features. Think what will happen to the price if 300/500 more masternodes join the network next month.
im also convinced one of the main reasons btc went from $1 to $50 (around 11 million btc supply)was because people assumed they could do annon trans on sr, so when drk is complete and a dr was to open what would happen to drk price then?( 4.4million supply) Cool

Agree~!

Another MN will be added today~ Thanks for the cheap DRK.  Grin

Although i don't want to point out it (i need more cheap drk  Tongue) and many ppl may noticed that too... nearly 60% of the 100 richest address never sell a single DRK~
http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-darkcoin-addresses.html

This is the best project in crypto----DarkCoin. Time will tell and don't blame you miss it.
FAQ
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:37:10 PM

Does anyone here understand this good enough: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=677280.0

It is a decentralized exchange and market place (NightTrader) built using smart contracts (BlackHalo). It's primarily for BlackCoin, and to me it just seems that the potential is huge. The question is, would it be something useful for Darkcoin? The dev is open to implementing it to other coins as well - not sure what that means exactly though.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:52:53 PM

Good chance of XC passing DRKs marketcap within one month.. writing is on the wall. I mean.. just the word Darkcoin.. it sounds illegal. People more likely to use XC  Grin

I don't think the name matters as much as you think.

The coin with the better technology and PR will win.

Here's what we are assuming for RC4 (yes, assuming!):

Darksend limit lifted
Darksend based on new crypto, extremely powerful anonymity (along the lines of ring sigs, but without the bloat)
MN payments enforced
"Spork" technology successfully implemented (enforcement = "on"); enforcement code perfected and streamlined
MN voting is deterministic
I2P integration completed or in the works
IP obfuscation

Based on the above features, we would be looking at a paradigm shift, and I think that the market would react accordingly. Now we don't know how many of those things will be in RC4, but we know from eltito that there's some damn amazing stuff in the works.

P.S. Peercoin as one of the most innovative cryptos ever? How's that? Yes, Proof of Stake was interesting, but what does PPC actually DO that nobody else did at the time? At it's heart it's still the same-old-same-old, albeit with a different staking/securing mechanism. Anonymity coins, on the other hand, are a *radical* departure from the normal paradigm.

+101

I think we should send out a challenge to other anonymity projects to get code verified by independent auditors. The auditors would not say which project is better or take sides, just verify the code does what is says on the packaging.

I'm not sure why people are sitting around waiting for Evan to finish coding RC4.

* Get bounty going for independent code audit. If we have nothing to fear, those that don't follow suit and don't have a real project yet take away investors, then they have something to fear. FUD and trolls go away, price goes up. Coins101

* Spork technology - that prevents ASICs as it means you can hard fork with fewer risks at any point you want, just with 3-6 months notice to the entire network. ASICs proof, if you want it. Get the word out. Price goes up.

* IP Obfuscation - mixing rendering block chain useless, plus protection from being able to track transactions through IP sniffing. Bitcoin / Litecoin can't compete with that. Get the word out. Price goes up.

* Bitcoin code compatibility - Having something similar to bitcoin means Darkcoin can go where bitcoin can go. Privacy groups complain about lack of privacy from bitcoin, darkcoin is one of only a few that can step in to existing bitcoin / litecoin merchant tools. Get the word out to the right places. Price goes up.

*  Master Nodes - increase in nodes, reduced coin supply, new services go into master nodes giving them more money, increase in master nodes. Get the word out, work on identifying new services, do some market research on them, invite others to work on them. Price goes up.

* Master Node pools Get the word out to invite people to set-up master node pools for those that can't afford a master node on their own. Price goes up.

* Privacy becomes a big issue for mass adoption and use in retail sectors that need privacy, credible options for mainstream use are recognised as limited, darkcoin picked to provide alternative option to run next to bitcoin, ETFs buy darkcoin. Raise the issues with affected markets already using bitcoin and would be impacted by its poor anonymity. Price goes up. Coins101

* B2B Adoption - businesses realise they can use Darkcoin to transact internationally without incurring high costs of fiat and with privacy to keep trades confidential. Price goes up.

What we need are coordinated activities to push darkcoin forward while technical work goes on. Technical work and innnovation will always be required. What do we do, watch the price go up and down between technical releases? Get real. There is a lot of value here, its just not being applied in the right way.

I'm happy to start a moderated thread on these topics, plus see through actions to contact those that need contacting. I'm happy to do this in a coordinated way through to central oversight and approval to ensure we all work in harmony and lockstep.

Anyone want to work on these with me, or go for any other activity?

Price is important, it is a currency after all. But what is more important is the technology and what is done to engage people with what is to come.

For the competition, if they have claims of being better, then let them all put money in a pot and let independent experts vet their code. That is what Darkcoin is going to do.

That will identify those that can walk the walk and those that just talk the talk  Wink

Everything in red is more or less accurate, though I don't have a current status on i2p (I'll ask Evan).

Code audit is lined up with a well known party.

Once Evan has a first run of the RC4 code, we're going to release the details.  At that point, we're confident that our competitors won't be able to catch up.  Look for that to happen ~10-12 days from now.
Excellent, thanks Eltito! Great timing for some positive news, we needed it! Just freed up 80 BTC for extra investments.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:52:58 PM

We have been in this situation many times before human psychology and behaviour seems so predictable every time there is silence some people start selling just because they get nervous or they want to go for quick profits somewhere else, my advice is don’t be one of the short-sighted but who cares, the project will continue its evolution regardless.  Every time Evan and team have been silent for a week or two something awesome and improved is released, that is how projects evolve RC3 was a great test balloon, Evan have been receiving debugging information from mainnet since the spork and I am sure based on all that feedback he found a better and simpler way to implement what he wanted. On the first of July Eltito gave an official update letting us know RC4 was on the works and release date is end of July that is only 30 days, that is a very short period of time.

With regards to PR, marketing, adoption, etc. I am one of the most interested in continuing to work in that area, there is an awesome group of people collaborating at darkcointalk.org and ready to step on the gas once details on RC4 are released. I think is reasonable to expect more specific information within the next 2 weeks and then we will take it from there in terms of promotion.  For the time being just try to remember why you invested and try not to make any rushed decisions, I am not very active on the forums right now because there is not much to do from a volunteering perspective until testnet starts again, if Evan goes that route and I have found that this thread in particular becomes speculative and counterproductive during periods of heavy development because there is just not much to talk about that is relevant to the project. I am looking forward to a more productive conversation on the second half of the month.

If you can afford not to trade your Darkcoins, meaning your investment in DRK will not affect your life negatively in a meaningful way regardless of price my advice would be to take a break and come back in 10 days or so. Or find something positive to do for the coin while we wait for the official announcement.

Enzwell

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:11:34 AM

GIF anim...

http://burningpixel.com/Transfer/DC/DC_Spin4s.gif

- Enzwell
DRK: XkvuY1mQJYEtSk61DjJDyHaCtGbZAQn8ZU
rickraw

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:14:05 AM

over the past few days i have seen alot of fud on twitter to dump drk, its very similar to the btce trollbox,the place thats scared of innovation. ive noticed people trying to convince drk holders to dump. most noobs listen and do as they are told however, the fud this time is actually nothing. They just keep saying drk will not go higher so sell,lol.
Then if you look at the volumes on bittrex for shitcoins it is crazy at times 500btc daily on untested/unheard of coins, after a few days the volume dries up and the cycle begins with a new coin.
drk price can easily go over 0.02 once masternodes are fully operational with payments and rc4 is completed with new features. Think what will happen to the price if 300/500 more masternodes join the network next month.
im also convinced one of the main reasons btc went from $1 to $50 (around 11 million btc supply)was because people assumed they could do annon trans on sr, so when drk is complete and a dr was to open what would happen to drk price then?( 4.4million supply) Cool

Agree~!

Although i don't want to point out it (i need more cheap drk  Tongue) and many ppl may noticed that too... nearly 60% of the 100 richest address never sell a single DRK~

I also consider this when I get concerned about my investment.  Big players aren't going to sit there and let thier THOUSANDS of dollars dwindle away if they don't have very strong feelings of making it big later on.  Strong hands...

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:14:21 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 12:26:07 AM by eltito

Quote from: coins101

And if THAT doesn't work out, hmm...  There's some pretty cool stuff on the table beyond RC4 Wink.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:17:49 AM

And if THAT doesn't work out, hmm...  There's some pretty cool stuff on the table beyond RC4 Wink.

A big hurdle to overcome in setting up masternode pools is trust I would reckon. So if any improvements in that department is in the works that would be great.
stealth923
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:28:11 AM

A big hurdle to overcome in setting up masternode pools is trust I would reckon. So if any improvements in that department is in the works that would be great.

we are only at the very beginning of what masternodes can do.

Having pools where multiple people need to generate a key - and only with all keys combined & the total > 1000DRK can the masternode operate sounds freaking amazing. Not sure how this would work but I am sure Evan has thought about it!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 12:35:08 AM

Beyond?  Cheesy
Please, if RC4 works like RC3 did on its release, less and less trust will be left for DRK.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:38:04 AM

{SNIP}

Agree~!

Make that two =)...just pulled my money out of MSAFE and moved to DRK last night. I still believe in MSAFE but at these prices I simply couldn't resist.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:12:48 AM

{SNIP}

Agree~!

Make that two =)...just pulled my money out of MSAFE and moved to DRK last night. I still believe in MSAFE but at these prices I simply couldn't resist.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Maidsafe have been on for 7+ years since first concept, and since created a coin to back it up, and still have nothing to show for. Now, their project on paper and fancy youtube videos do sound AWESOME. I would CERTAINLY buy into that! Whats not to like about it?? But 7+ years and VC capital behind it... and still... nothing?

Not bad-mounthing, just saying. Depends on how long term and belief you have in a project.
Pages: « 1 ... 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 [2129] 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: